• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Digimon: Operation Digipedia

Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?

• Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, keep them how they are

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Ok I told you Epitalp93 that I would look up some for my digimon cards 1st generation...
There are a lot. (40 or so)
Biyomon- pecking attack, spiral twister
piximon- pit bomb, magical tail
Otamamon- slammin attack, stun bubble
Kabuterimon- beetle horn attack, electorshocker
MegaKabuterimon- Electro Shocker, Horn buster
Petamon- Boom bubble, slamming attack
Pukumon- Needle squall, globerfish poison
Kunemon- Poison Winder, Electro thread
HerculesKabuterimon (I guess he is really strong)-Mega electro Shocker, Giga scissorclaw
Ikkakumon- Heat top, Harpoon torpedo
Okuwamon- beetle horn attack, and double scissor claws
demidevimon- evil whisper, demi dart
candlemon- Flame bomber, melted wax
Ok I have some more, but i have to go.
(might have some wrong letters, but I am rushed!!!)

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
just pm me the details; what image/s u want me 2 use *provide render/image link*, what text u want on it & what colors/themes u want *what color text do u want. if u want it/them something with a dark theme, space, red,etc*.

seems like this is coming along well. seems like il be looking forward to the sprites & the moves the most in this hack. keep up the great work.

I'll give it some thought then PM you when I'm ready to discuss it further.

Yeah the focus is on the Digimon for now, not the story or mapping.

Ok I told you Epitalp93 that I would look up some for my digimon cards 1st generation...
There are a lot. (40 or so)
Biyomon- pecking attack, spiral twister
piximon- pit bomb, magical tail
Otamamon- slammin attack, stun bubble
Kabuterimon- beetle horn attack, electorshocker
MegaKabuterimon- Electro Shocker, Horn buster
Petamon- Boom bubble, slamming attack
Pukumon- Needle squall, globerfish poison
Kunemon- Poison Winder, Electro thread
HerculesKabuterimon (I guess he is really strong)-Mega electro Shocker, Giga scissorclaw
Ikkakumon- Heat top, Harpoon torpedo
Okuwamon- beetle horn attack, and double scissor claws
demidevimon- evil whisper, demi dart
candlemon- Flame bomber, melted wax
Ok I have some more, but i have to go.
(might have some wrong letters, but I am rushed!!!)

I appreciate your help. I'll be adding moves soon, and this will help a lot.

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Ok I am back
Zudomon- Horn Tusk, Vulcans Hammer
Coelamon- Fossil bite, Ancient bite
Unimon- Horn Blaster, Aerial Gallop
Augomon- Claw attack, pepper breath
Birdramon- Meteor wing, fire flapping
Greymon- Great horns attack, nova blast
SkullGreymon- Dark Shot, Double dark Shot
Wizardmon- thunder blaster, magical game
tortomon- Spinning Attack, strong carapace
Octomon- Spurting Ink, Octopus Trap
Rockmon- Rock Ball, Rock Punch
Kimeramon- Poison wing, scissor claw
Musyamon- Ninja Blade, shogun sword
Garurumon- Howling blaster, slamming attack
Gabumon- Blue blaster, horn attack
Weregarurumon- garuru kick, wolf claw
Tentomon- Talon attack, super shocker
MarineDevimon- Evil wind, darkness water
Dophmon- dolphine kick, pulse blast
Angelmon- Angel rod, hand of destiny
Palmon- stinking attack (Yeah, weird move), poison ivy
togemon- light speed Jabbing, needle spray
Triceramon- Tri-horn attack, mega dash
saberleomon- howling crusher, twin fang
mammothmon- freezing breath, tusk crusher
Skullmeramon- metal fireball, flame chain
Manimon- Puncher, Power drive
Apemon- Metallic fur, Mega bone stick
Gotsumon- Crazy cusher, rock fist
Gomamon- claw attack, marching fishes
Dokugumon- Poison cobweb, poison thread
Centarumon- Solar ray, jet gallop
Ok, I am done now it is up to you. If you want special abilities
of the digimon just ask me. Also, I was wondering if you
Epitalp93 could help me with one of my games. Like review it
for flaws.
Thanks

Years
Cool starters would be agumon,patamon and the blue little guy that fuses with that wormmon or whatevr to make piledramon, agumon woyuld be cool to digivolve to
metal greymon then wargreymon,or the newer shininggreymon patamon to angemon and i think magna angemon
also legendarys or such can be kimeramon,skullgreymon,saberleomon and some other cool ones
sry if i wrote bad i dont rly know their names right
and i hope u finish this, looks good

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
When is this hack coming out
please release it fast i badly want to play it

Epitaph93

Years
Ok I am back
Zudomon- Horn Tusk, Vulcans Hammer
Coelamon- Fossil bite, Ancient bite
Unimon- Horn Blaster, Aerial Gallop
Augomon- Claw attack, pepper breath
Birdramon- Meteor wing, fire flapping
Greymon- Great horns attack, nova blast
SkullGreymon- Dark Shot, Double dark Shot
Wizardmon- thunder blaster, magical game
tortomon- Spinning Attack, strong carapace
Octomon- Spurting Ink, Octopus Trap
Rockmon- Rock Ball, Rock Punch
Kimeramon- Poison wing, scissor claw
Musyamon- Ninja Blade, shogun sword
Garurumon- Howling blaster, slamming attack
Gabumon- Blue blaster, horn attack
Weregarurumon- garuru kick, wolf claw
Tentomon- Talon attack, super shocker
MarineDevimon- Evil wind, darkness water
Dophmon- dolphine kick, pulse blast
Angelmon- Angel rod, hand of destiny
Palmon- stinking attack (Yeah, weird move), poison ivy
togemon- light speed Jabbing, needle spray
Triceramon- Tri-horn attack, mega dash
saberleomon- howling crusher, twin fang
mammothmon- freezing breath, tusk crusher
Skullmeramon- metal fireball, flame chain
Manimon- Puncher, Power drive
Apemon- Metallic fur, Mega bone stick
Gotsumon- Crazy cusher, rock fist
Gomamon- claw attack, marching fishes
Dokugumon- Poison cobweb, poison thread
Centarumon- Solar ray, jet gallop
Ok, I am done now it is up to you. If you want special abilities
of the digimon just ask me. Also, I was wondering if you
Epitalp93 could help me with one of my games. Like review it
for flaws.
Thanks

Thank you very much! You were a tremendous help on speeding up a large part of the hack and you'll be credited accordingly when I start editing moves. I've already found several that I'll definitely be using. I might give yours a look, but I'm not like an expert or anything. I've only been at this for a few months and all I've been doing for the most part is small sprite edits.

Cool starters would be agumon,patamon and the blue little guy that fuses with that wormmon or whatevr to make piledramon, agumon woyuld be cool to digivolve to
metal greymon then wargreymon,or the newer shininggreymon patamon to angemon and i think magna angemon
also legendarys or such can be kimeramon,skullgreymon,saberleomon and some other cool ones
sry if i wrote bad i dont rly know their names right
and i hope u finish this, looks good

You can actually obtain all three of those from the starters. And most of the others you mentioned will be included. Please read the full OP before posting.

When is this hack coming out
please release it fast i badly want to play it

Please don't spam me with these. The hack won't be out for several months if I'm lucky.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2022
This is probably the most exciting hack I've seen in a while, mainly due to the fact that I've always been a bigger Digimon fan and it looks awesome.

Just looking at what you have done and knowing what's left to do I can see this will be hard work and for that you have my up most respect and support, take your time and don't burn yourself out.

Epitaph93

Years
This is probably the most exciting hack I've seen in a while, mainly due to the fact that I've always been a bigger Digimon fan and it looks awesome.

Just looking at what you have done and knowing what's left to do I can see this will be hard work and for that you have my up most respect and support, take your time and don't burn yourself out.

I appreciate the support and advice. Comments like these usual put me into spriting mode, and I dish out like 10 more sprites lol. That said, I am pacing myself on this and enjoying it more than any of my other hobbies. Keep up the support everyone :)

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Hey Epitaph93 just wanted to let you know that if you wanted me to do anything else for you or look up something for you I am willing to help. Your hack sounds like it has made a lot of progress. By the way, I guess I could look up some more moves for you on the web if you wanted me to.

Epitaph93

Years
Hey Epitaph93 just wanted to let you know that if you wanted me to do anything else for you or look up something for you I am willing to help. Your hack sounds like it has made a lot of progress. By the way, I guess I could look up some more moves for you on the web if you wanted me to.

Anything you can do to help will be appreciated. I found a good place for moves: www.dma.wtw-x.net

If you want you could look through each Digimon's move set and pick out which ones you thing would be best for the hack. Or if you happen to have any story suggestions, PM me with those.

I'm also still looking for an OW sprite for Devimon if you happen to stumble upon one. Thanks for your help MrElephant. :)

Update: I've began editing about 20 or so new sprites, ranging from fresh to champions. These include the "Mamemon" family, the two starters from Digimon Dawn and Dusk, three Armor evolutions that were included in Dawn and Dusk, And various others. About half of the new digimon fall under the Machine type, A handful are Water type, a large portion are dark types, and the rest fall under various other types. This brings us to almost 150. I'll start using MrElephant's supplied moves and others that I might find on the web to replace the Pokemon moves. Once I have most of them replaced I'll begin the painstaking process of editing stats.

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
This looks like a good hack, I think the ideas and other concepts are sounding awesome :) If you need any sort of help, I can try and help out :)
Good luck!

Edit: I found a devimon sprite sheet with a few overworlds.

Last edited:

Epitaph93

Years
This looks like a good hack, I think the ideas and other concepts are sounding awesome :) If you need any sort of help, I can try and help out :)
Good luck!

Edit: I found a devimon sprite sheet with a few overworlds.

Thank you for the encouraging words and help :) The Devimon sheet you found is a maybe. I've used one sprite from this sheet a few months ago for Devimon's battle sprite; however, the OWs are isometric which doesn't fit with Pokemon. With considerable editing I could make them work possibly, but I haven't made such a small detailed sprite like that yet. I have a feeling that this sprite sheet will end up being my starting point though.

If you find anything else let me know. Also if you have any ideas such as story or gameplay feel free to share. I'm open to suggestions and willing to discuss anything related to the hack.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Wow, this looks amazing, I can't wait to play this!

I have a question though - when it becomes available to download, will you also make a Readme available which lists all the Digimon's Base Stats and locations?

And what do you have planned in place of Legendary Pokemon? Perhaps the Digimon Sovereigns, or maybe the Royal Knights?

Epitaph93

Years
Wow, this looks amazing, I can't wait to play this!

I have a question though - when it becomes available to download, will you also make a Readme available which lists all the Digimon's Base Stats and locations?

And what do you have planned in place of Legendary Pokemon? Perhaps the Digimon Sovereigns, or maybe the Royal Knights?

Thanks for the enthusiasm ;)

I'll try to release as much information as I can, but I don't think I'll release the base stats. You could easily check them out in YAPE, but typing them out one by one will take a bit too much time. I might though if I get bored enough. I will definitely let you know where and how to get all the Digimon. This may or may not include moves lists, digivolution levels, TM/HM compatablilty, EV's, etc.

For legendaries so far I have Calumon and MarineAngemon. They'll be replacing mew and mewtwo. I've already tried resizing two of the sovereigns, and to my dismay I couldn't get them to resize very well, even with a large amount of editing. It will take a better spriter than me to get legendaries like them in place. As for the Royal Knights, they will be obtainable only through digivolution. The won't be catchable in the wild, but for instance you could get Gallantmon from Guilmon's digivolution line around level 60.(This isn't final of course, as I still haven't decided at which levels the champions, ultimates, or megas will digivolve at.)

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
so cool ^_^ nice . ive been a fan of digimon and pokemon so much and after seeing this gets my hopes up ill be waiting for the beta version of this game and hope it will continue on improving and improving ^_^

can patamon be found in this game? and the other old digimon's or is it new ones?

or is it a mix of old and new? anyways so far its awesome .. ^_^

Epitaph93

Years
so cool ^_^ nice . ive been a fan of digimon and pokemon so much and after seeing this gets my hopes up ill be waiting for the beta version of this game and hope it will continue on improving and improving ^_^

can patamon be found in this game? and the other old digimon's or is it new ones?

or is it a mix of old and new? anyways so far its awesome .. ^_^

Patamon can be digivolved from the starter Digimon Punimon, given the right attack/defense ratio. This has all the digidestined digimon from the first, second, and third seasons. All of them can be obtained, and most of them come from whichever starter you pick.

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
oh cool.... thnx for the info ill be waiting for this game ^_^

go go digimon's!!!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I really like the idea of the branching digivolution - great for the replay-ability factor and pretty unique among hacks.

The screens look good so far, although the mapping could maybe use some work, although I know you're focusing on the scripting/mechanics more at the moment. :)

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
um another question?if its ok?..... will the digimon reach mega form?? or just the 3rd form?

hmp this game makes me curious.. ^_^
and also i made a banner for you but the problem is i dont know how to insert it here.. =(

Last edited:

Epitaph93

Years
I really like the idea of the branching digivolution - great for the replay-ability factor and pretty unique among hacks.

The screens look good so far, although the mapping could maybe use some work, although I know you're focusing on the scripting/mechanics more at the moment. :)

Yeah the digivolutions will be the main focus. It adds more to the process of "catching them all" because you have to keep your eye on EVs almost all the time if you want a specific digivolution. Otherwise you can just enjoy the little bit of randomness that the casual players love.

The maps were really just so I could get a leg up on posting the hack in the first place, and to get a little bit of practice in before the real deal.

um another question?if its ok?..... will the digimon reach mega form?? or just the 3rd form?

hmp this game makes me curious.. ^_^
and also i made a banner for you but the problem is i dont know how to insert it here.. =(

All questions are welcome ;) Most Digimon will reach Mega level. All the digidestined Digimon will (Agumon, Gabumon, Renamon, Veemon, gomamon, etc.) and A large majority of the rest will. Certain Digimon don't have known digivolutions, or only digivolve to a certain point (MarineAngemon which is a Mega that has no digivolution, All the Armor digivolutions as they only digivolve once, Calumon who is similar to MarineAngemon, so on and so forth.)

I'm glad you're interested. If you PM me the link to your banner I can post it in the OP and credit you.

Update: I'm finally making a Devimon sprite. I have the front and back finished. I'll have the side finished tonight, and maybe start on the movement frames. This is just a little sidetrack from the battle sprites, which I have been working on for a few hours today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back