• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

If you could be a Gym-Leader/Elite-Four/Pokemon-League-Champion what would you be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Let's say you were privilaged to be a Pokemon leader, either a Gym Leader, a member of the Elite Four, and a Pokemon Champion for your league. What would you be?
I personally thought about being a high level [8th] Gym, it would seem fun. But I would prefer to play at the best. So if I had a choice, I'd like to be a Pokemon Champion (like probably most). Except, this would be in a setting with A LOT more trainers, before the 1st gym, between the gyms, after the 8th gym, and throughout the world. Most games have more story after the Elite Four. In this, the Elite Four and Champion are the end, leaving much more story in between.
I say all this to have an excuse for high level Pokemon:

Let me just create a quick form~

Name: Jobrjo
Region: Kanto
Type: Flying - but there's a catch. Most Pokemon leaders can be easily dealt with, seeing how they have specific types and you can find weknesses. Well, not the case here. They would all be dual-types, giving me an upper hand.
Pokemon: I haven't narrowed it down yet, but it would be 6 of the following:
Spoiler:

Either: Togetic, Pidgeot, Fearow, Dodrio, Zapdos, Articuno
Or: Aerodactyl, Crobat, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonite.
But both of the teams are subject to change. I'm leaning towards the 2nd though.
I haven't decided all the moves yet, but I will.
Also, all will be level 100. That's why it would be so late in the game. (The Elite Four would have level 90s.) This would have a long story, with plenty of trainers and stuff to do for experiance.
Notes: So basically, I'm the final trainer in the game, meant to test the ability of the Trainer. However, because of my difficulty, there would be an option to fully heal up before battling me, sorta like a mini-Pokemon Center. A box is also there to allow them to get different Pokemon. It's only fair, seeing as I'll have 6 level 100s. But I'm not worried if they bring Eletric, Ice, or Rock types. While I haven't decided all 6, I'll have Pokemon that have better resistance to such, such as Zapdos, Articuno, and Aerodactly. Another reason I would have level 100s, is because I hope they would too, or at least close. So instead of it being "I have higher levels", it's "I have more skill" for whoever wins. Having such high levels would also prove me as a Champion, not just some high level Gym Leader or something.
Also, rather important: This is in a Generation III setting. So it'd be Generation III moves
(and Pokemon, but you can trade with other Generation III) particuarly Kanto. (The only Pokemon game I have is Fire Red {:(})

So, your turn. If you could be a Pokemon leader, what would you be?
Here's a few things we could use for reference, if your confused
http://sosbrigade.forummotion.com/t1532-if-you-could-be-a-new-gym-leader-what-would-you-be
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090716225109AAd5aSA
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f313/if-you-could-gym-leader-26660/
And of course, you can be as detailed as you wish, from Rank, to Type, to Pokemon, to Levels, to Moves, to anything else :)

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Oh ghad, I used to go crazy with being a pretend gym leader when I was younger, both in games and with my imagination.

I'm not going to go into too much detail, but I would always be either an Ice or a Water type gym leader (Kinda based after Lorelei/Prima... only a guy). My main Pokemon was always Vaporeon, and the rest of my team was comprised of various ice/water types with the exception of a Dragonite every now and then.
I wish I had some of my old doodles from when I was younger, because I would actually draw out the gyms/puzzles as well as the badge.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Uh, most flying types except for one are dual types.

But, I would probably be a...idk. Maybe Water-type trainer? My team would be Jellicent(f), of course, Gorebyss, Milotic, and Alomomola (make them ALL pink!). The prize for beating me would be TM45 Attract. c:

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
I used to be a "Gym Leader" in a competitive battling league/forum and I was Flying. But the rules there were that only 4 (or more) of the 6 Pokes had to be part Flying. In the short time that the league existed, I was 8 for 8 in defeating challengers (who could bring any Pokes they wanted to battle me).

So I would be an Elite 4 member, similar to Lance in the games where not all Pokemon followed one type, but Flying would be a common theme like Dragon was for Lance.

Name: Taco
Theme: Flying

Swampert
Skarmory
Gyarados
Salamence
Heatran
Honchcrow

So Swampert (lead) and Heatran are the non-flyings, which play very well for people who think they can run in with a few Ice/Electric pokes. Swampert is immune to Electric, so is a nice switch in from Gyarados. Heatran resists Ice by 1/4 and would be a great switch in from Skarmory predicting a fire attack.

But Honchcrow is the signature Poke, his name is Lenny, and he is a boss.

Lava_Princess

Princess of Everything Burning
Years
Oh man I would totally be a Fire gym leader! I love Fire types they are my absolute favorite next to Fighting types. I would probably be upper level because that's where all the good Fire types are.
My party would probably consist of a Ninetales, Arcanine, Chandeleur, Flareon, Charizard, and a Houndoom. The prize for beating me would be TM 61, Will-o-Wisp!

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2023
I would be an 8th gym leader but i would be different to normal leaders as I would have an assortment of pokemon. They would be Charizard(lead), Pidgeot(3rd), Heracross(2nd) and my best pokemon would be my kick ass Kingler.

TY

I just will be a Steel-Type leader, like i always been for my friends...
I had a Excadrill, Metagross, Aggron, Magnezone and a Empoleon...
It was a kick-ass team.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
Great Question,
I would love to be a bonus, hidden 9th Gym leader, located on a secret Island, like New Moon Island, that requires either a event ticket of some kind to reach or that is only accessible on one calender day of the year and then disappears into the mist like Brigadoon (You youngsters may have to Google that reference) It would have a painfully hard mini game first then an all level 100 battle againts my elite six.

Name: Zeus
Type: Multitype
Moves: Dark, Dragon & Fighting

Gen IV Sinnoh

Houndoom
Aggron
Toxicroak
Blastoise
Lickilicky
Salamence

TeamSoulSilverBattle.png

Or

Gen V Unova

Hydriegon
Excadrill
Krookodile
Beartic
Braviary
Emboar

UnovaZeus.png

Then Some big dollar reward Item like the Relic Crown worth $500,000 as the prize for victory.

Zeus

Last edited:
Years
I added some links for reference sak if any of you get confused a little.
But these are interesting reads, nice to know your ideas :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Name: Justin
Type: Ghost
Region: Doesn't matter

Pokemon:
Gengar
Drifblim
Froslass
Shedinja
Golurk
Spiritomb (Main Pokemon)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I'd be a Gym Leader. That sounds more fun anyway. Champions don't battle many people if you think about it. They take a few challengers here and there, but that's it. The Elite Four is the same way. As a Gym Leader, I'd get quite a few battles per day so I'd imagine I'd enjoy myself more. Specifically, I'd be the second or third Gym Leader.

I would probably specialize in Steel-types, because that's how I roll. My team would be an Aron, a Metang, and a Scizor. The prize for beating me would be TM Dig.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'd be either a Champion or an eighth Gym Leader, since in the past those have been the two positions that have hosted trainers with diverse teams. I can't picture myself just using one type of Pokemon - even the game manual advises against that xD

So yeah, I'd field a type diverse team identical to my OC trainer Lisa's team: Persian, Metagross, Walrein, Flygon, Jolteon, and Weezing.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
I'd be a fire-type Gym leader. I have personally preferred Fire types to most other pokemon in the game. They're rare, and it most cases look effing awesome. I guess my obsession started with Charizard. I'd probably use mainly gen 2 pokemon. I'm partial to anything beyond that.

Years
Well, I decided a team of 6: Togetic, Pidgeot, Fearow, Dodrio, Zapdos, Articuno.
And my 2nd team idea: Aerodactyl, Crobat, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonite.
Either of those would be so awesome :D
Haven't decided all moves though. Yet I specifically chose the 1st group because of the moves they can learn. They have many that I approve of for them. Thoughts on that team? While the 2nd I chose because they are simply poweful Pokemon, and also have great movepools. Thoughts on that team?

Last edited:
Years
I would have to be normal type gym leader, quite early on in the game; amounts to my skill. 1 Pure Normal type from all generations.
Team: Munchlax, Jigglypuff, Aipom, Slakoth and Audino.
Location: Something unique; not in a town, on a route. You battle me to get through to the next area, without knowing I'm the gym leader.

Years
Not sure if it's too old to post here but:

Name: Kiriko

Region: Hoenn

City: Pacifidlog Town

Layout: A straight forward path down a dark hallway to me: however, there would be trainers that you cannot see stopping you mid-walk from the sides to battle. A total of 6 trainers must be battled on the way up.

Badge: #8 Penumbra Badge

TM: Existing - TM95 Snarl, Choice: Night Slash

HM Learn: Waterfall

Team: Round 1
Zorua level 35 - Night Slash, Screech, Taunt, Shadow Ball
Umbreon level 37 - Pursuit, Take-Down, Flash, Dark Pulse
Sharpedo level 38 - Water Pulse, Crunch, Scary Face, Aqua Tail
Cacturne level 41 - Needle Arm, Brick Break, Faint Attack, Poison Jab

Team: Round 2
Zoroark level 70 - Night Daze, Night Slash, Nasty Plot, Flamethrower
Umbreon level 72 - Psychic, Dig, Moonlight, Dark Pulse
Sharpedo level 74 - Crunch, Night Slash, Earthquake, Scald
Hydreigon level 76 - Crunch, Dragon Pulse, Outrage, Double-Team
Cacturne level 78 - Needle Arm, Night Slash, Poison Jab, Grass Knot
Tyranitar level 80 - Earthquake, Iron Tail, Crunch, Stone Edge

Aurios5

The aurora king
Years
Champion :
name: Mick
type:multitype mainly dragon
Region: Sinnoh

Team :
-Umbreon lvl 97 (Aurasphere,darkpulse,chargebeam,moonlight)
-Flygon lvl 95 (Earthquake,flamethrower,hyperbeam,doubleteam)
-Suicune lvl 98 (Aurorabeam,surf,icebeam,blizzard)
-Regice lvl 100 (rest,chargebeam,icebeam,blizzard)
-Rayquaza lvl 100 (rest,hyperbeam,extremespeed,dracometeor)
-Giratina lvl 98 (Shadowforce,aurasphere,rest,sleeptalk)
emblem earned : emblem of valor

For the full story check my upcoming thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back