• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Who became your most reliable HM slave?! (Besides Mew and other legendaries)

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
^, Mine's Marill since i taught her all water HM's and Rock Smash. She can also learn a bunch of other HM's except for fly i think Tell me yours guys!! :))

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
In the RSE, it would be Zigzagoon or Linoone since they can learn Cut , Surf and Rock Smash (Linoone can also learn Strength)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
As much as I love Linoone, they make awesome HM slaves because their ability is great for toting them around the region, too.

Tropius makes a really good one too, it can learn Cut, Fly, Strength, Flash, and Rock Smash.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
Tropius is by far the best HM Slave out of all the Pokemon for land HMs, let alone 3rd Gen. Wailord is the best for Water HMs.

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
I think I just incorporated HM's into my team, by giving each pokemon one HM so I could have a full team of six pokemon.

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
in FR i would have meowth and i would teach it a couple HMs and use its ability to randomly find items so i wouldn't have to use item finder constantly to get berries. i also would use pay day combined with amulet coin to get money also. its pretty versatile for non-battle related stuff.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
For me I would use Gyarados as my primary water HM slave giving Gyarados the moves Surf, Waterfall, Dive and Strength. I was never found of Gyarados to begin with. As for my primary land HM slave I would use Linoone because it learned Cut, Strength, Rock Smash and I gave it Surf as well....I was also never too found of Linoone as well.

:t354:TG

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love Linoone, but it's also a great HM slave and it picks up stuff. Sorry, buddy. :(

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
Strangely enough I made my Ludicolo into a HM slave. Which is odd because she became my favourite Pokemon for a long time and my champion Beauty contest winner.

Years
My main HM slave in Sapphire was always Tropius. It would generally have Cut, Flash, Fly and Rock Smash. Funny enough, I remember my other HM slave from my original run on Sapphire was Kyogre. I was already at the point where I didn't want to use Legendaries on my team, but I justified it as being okay to use since it could learn the other four HMs. Looking back, I feel awful for making a legendary one of my HM slaves.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Definitely Wailmer, I use it every time as a HM slave. It can learn Surf, Waterfall, Strength & Rock Smash.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I used Pelipper alot as HM slave for surf/fly. saves my party slots
also use gyrados for strength rocksmash waterfall

Back