• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could invent your own Poké Ball...

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I would invent the Cute Ball. This ball would have a 100% success rate on all adorable Pokemon such as Castform.

This ball is now officially renamed AdoraBall, just because. :3

I would invent the Soft Ball which has a high catch rate on Pokemon who have soft bodies or fur, as well as the Hard Ball for Pokemon who have rock-hard bodies, which includes those which are not rock-type.

I should also invent the IncrediBall, the ball which has a 100% success rate on incredible Pokemon, but that would be a little too much. :P

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Legendary Ball - Like an Ultra Ball tailored to legendaries. More likely to catch than anything else, but not 100% a sure thing. Maybe you get like three of these on top of the Master Ball.

Luck Ball - Whatever Pokemon you're carrying with you in this ball increases financial payout when you fight a trainer, gives the current team more experience points per battle, and makes rarer Pokemon more likely to appear (like that whole Feebas fiasco. In this case it'll just ignore that whole tiles nonsense). If you happen to catch a Chansey with this ball, everything happens to go up exponentially. Rare Pokemon may as well be common at this point.

I suppose the trade off is that you only get one, and it's really hard to obtain. Also, it's catch rate is no better than a standard Pokeball.

Years
I've always thought it'd be cool if there were PokeBalls that worked differently in different weather... eg. a Rain Ball that has a higher catch rate in rain.

Years
Create an opposite to the Dusk Ball, primarily for Fairy/Psychic types, as well as an Electric Ball with a cool yellow design to catch electric types.

EDIT: The Magnet Ball, multiplies catch rate for Electric & Steel types! (Yellow/Silverish design)

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I've always thought it'd be cool if there were PokeBalls that worked differently in different weather... eg. a Rain Ball that has a higher catch rate in rain.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Pokeballs that have a higher catch rate under certain weather conditions can be useful if they come into effect. So if we have Sun, Rain, Hail and Sandstorm as weather conditions, the Pokeballs that work best may be called the Solar, Slick, Crystal and Gravel Balls respectively.

Years
Perhaps a different Level ball? The curent one just catches pokemon with lower levels better, and it's only usefull if you're catching a level 25 pokemon with a Level 100. So i think; Why not make it a pokeball with Ultra ball strenght that doubles the XP gained per battle? Or at least at 1.5X More XP

Name

Moémon Master
Years
We have the duskball for night/caves. . .
why not
dayball.png
a Dayball for day/sunshine?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Rather than designing a new Pokeball...
I think the NetBall should catch Fairy type Pokemon as well. Because if it has wings and can fly a
butterfly net NetBall can catch it.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I would LOVE using pokeballs that can catch pokemon who evolves with stones because lets face it- b2/w2 5% eevee encounter?!

For the main topic,i would invent the Singular ball-designed specifically to catch pokemon who does not evolve. (2.5-3X for pokemon who doesnt evolve), The Dual ball-which can catch pokemon with dual typings more easily (3X rate if one of the types is super effective on the other, 2X for regular dual types), and the Starter Ball- designed to catching pokemon with the same type as your starter (1.5X for dual-typed who's one of their types is your starter's, 3X for pure type as same as your starter).

LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK :)

Guy

just a guy
Years
Different variations of a Weather Ball. I've been pitching this idea since Gen V was first announced, and I still think it's a great idea. They can have it for different weathers (i.e. Rain, Sandstorm, Sunny Days, Snowstorm or Hail, etc). A Seasonal Ball could work just as well too; one for each of the four seasons.

Years
A lot of my good ideas have already been taken, so what the Shimmer Ball? It would be obtained in the same way as the Premier Ball and seemingly have the same effect, except it would have an 8x catch rate on shiny Pokemon. That might seem a little high, but considering 99.9% of the time it would be nothing more than a different looking Poke Ball, I don't think it's that outlandish.

Nakala Pri

Toxiball, which catches any Poison Type Pokemon you want. :3 But if you aim it at a different type, then they will get away as easily as a Reshiram from an average Pokéball. xD

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
The Silent Ball, works more effectively on Pokemon with Sound-Based Moves

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I would invent the Cute Ball. This ball would have a 100% success rate on all adorable Pokemon such as Castform..

YOU TOOK MY IDEAAAAAAA AAAHHHHH. xD

I'd do this for sure. But if wouldn't be those "cute" (they weren't cute) Pokemon from Amity Square. They'd be ACTUAL cute Pokemon. Since people have different views on what's cute and not cute, how would the Pokemon's cuteness be decided? ...No idea. xD

Years
Couple ideas:

Youth Ball - 4x Catch rate if the Pokemon is not fully evolved.
Even Ball - 3x Catch rate on even numbered turns.

??? - 8x Catch rate if wild Pokemon's level is equal to yours.
??? - 3x Catch rate if wild Pokemon's level is higher than yours.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

A Magnet Ball would be cool. It would be effective at catching Steel pokemon and Pokemon with Magnet Pull. Also, as someone else mentioned, Pokeballs for different weather conditions would be cool. It would also be cool to have an Uber Ball, for Pokemon with BST over 600.

Back