• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danger on the S.S. Anne [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Dorian Dammer

After a somewhat long journey, Dorian and his best friend Ayame finally reached Vermillion City, where the S. S. Anne was docked. Dee Dee had won two tickets from a radio contest, and decided that he would go with Ayame. He glanced at her and smiled, in a happy yet awkward way. In although the majestic ship was before him, it was not what was in his mind. He was wondering...if while he was on the ship he would be able to finally tell his bestie how he truly felt about her. The thought of it brought a faint blush to the boy's cheeks.

5 Years Ago...

The sky was gray, and looked like it was about to rain. It was a quite unpleasant Thursday afternoon in Viridian City, where a thirteen-year-old boy with dark hair was inside his house, watching a show on TV. All of a sudden, a newsflash pushed away the show temporarily, and the boy quickly lost interest and turned away from the TV. However, his attention was drawn back to the box after hearing his last name: Dammer. There was an old-looking picture of a man the boy recognised as his father, then the picture was replaced by the picture of a bald, unshaven man with a scar on his right cheek and an eyepatch. The teenager's ears then tuned in to hear the news anchor.

"...known for the murder of car salesman Robert Dammer, thirteen years ago, and shop owner Tom Sloane, not long after..."

After finally processing those words, the boy was disconnected from the world. He felt his heart sink and slowly get dissolved in an ocean of darkness, as he knew that his dream, the one he had for years, the one about finally meeting his father, would never come true. Robert Dammer was a goner, and had been practically since the teenage boy's birth. The boy's mother, in tears, slowly approached him and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Dorian...I-It's time...you know the truth." she said with a shaky voice.

Days passed after that incident. Dorian was in bed, curled up in a ball, with his childhood friend Ayame next to him. Her hand was on his shoulder as the boy cried inconsolably, and she stroked his back. She told him not to be sad, in spite of all of that. That, no matter what, he still had and would always have her. After her words, Dorian uncurled himself and gave Ayame a tight hug.

"Thank you Ayame...Th-thank you for everything." he whimpered, "You're the b-best friend anyone could ever have...I...I love you."

He smiled faintly as he hugged his best friend, thankful for the fact that she was there for him. However, since that day things would change forever, never to go back to the way they used to be. Not only because Dorian would find another goal in life, but because his feelings would also change. His love for Ayame would grow, and he would start to see her in a different way...not just as a friend...

Present day...

Dee Dee's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Ayame's voice. "Here it is! S.S Anne." she said, and the boy turned to her.

"Yup. Finally." he said, his blush slowly wearing off, "Now let's get on board!"

He gently but awkwardly grabbed her right hand with his left one, and blushed lightly as he did. With his other hand he grabbed the ticket from his pockets and looked at them so as to try to focus on something else.

"So, um, here we go!" he said, and walked with her towards the ship, ready to flash his ticket so that they could get in. His Grovyle, Marc, was standing behind the two of them, looking around frantically ready to attack any human being who could be a threat to him.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Caydee Mint - F1 (Cabin), F3 (Deck)

Sunglasses on, hair up in a ponytail, flip-flops on her feet. Caydee and Ninetales closed the cabin door with her key. She places her room key inside her bag, and walks away from it. It was a long path towards the deck. Many of the cabins were open, there were either empty or still had passengers inside.

"There's going to be a ton of people here! More than many of the boat rides I've been to, Ninetales." She said, walking straight with her head up. She then saw a few Wingulls standing on the railings of the ship, then they all flew away as Caydee passed by. "Anyways, we need to go find the deck, we'd get a much better view of the sea there."

"Niiiiiiine." Ninetales responded with a smile.

So, they both walked around, looking for the deck...around and around. Around to the point they realize...they've been walking in circles. Caydee scratched her head, she saw that she ended up at her cabin once again. Passengers went by her cabin, walking by...without saying anything. Caydee noticed that one of the passengers she saw had a map of the ship on hand. Where did she get that? She doesn't remember seeing that inside the gift basket she got earlier. It was probably dropped on the floor without notice.

"I'm...going to ask them where they got the map---no wait...no. Wait. Ugh!" Caydee said, and left Ninetales by the cabin door. She ran towards the two girl trainers, both twins with light brown hair, and both had blue flower sundresses and sandals. One of the twins do have the map on hand. Caydee, without hesitating, poked at one of the twins on the shoulder. Immediately, she turned around, and so did her twin sister.

"Hmm?" she responded.

"Sorry um..." Caydee paused for a second feeling a bit of anxiety inside of her...heart begins to beat a bit quicker. "Where did you get that map?"

"There's one in every single cabin. You should have one." The twin holding the map said.

"It's inside the drawer." The other twin added.

"Oh...well, can you at least point me where the deck is?" Caydee asked again, fixing her sunglasses.

"Gurl, just get the map. You'll find it there..." The other twin blurted out, but the twin holding the map elbowed her on her left side. "Ow!"

The twin holding the map smiled and shows it to Caydee. It was unrolled and flashes it to her. "You're right here in the decks. You'd either have to take the elevator or the stairs to F3, which is the deck. The majority of the passengers are going to be there once the ship sets sail, if I recall correctly."

"You know, Kara..." The other twin said, "She still could have gotten--" She was interrupted by yet another elbow hit by her twin.

"Ehehe, don't mind my sister. She's rude to strangers."

Caydee went a bit expressionless after that hit. "No worries. Well, I can just...go get the map back at my cabin. Thank you for the help, by the way. Very much appreciated."

"We'll be over there anyways, so we'll see ya there!" Kara said, then she holds her snotty twin sister by the arm. "Let's go Tara." Then they both walk away.

Caydee walks back to the cabin, taking out her key once again...and opening the cabin door for another time. Ninetales was still sitting there, patiently waiting for Caydee to get ready. About two minutes later, Caydee comes back out finally...this time with the map in her hand. "Got the map, Ninetales...now we don't have to be lost anymore."

Ninetales lets out a sigh. "Niiiiiine niiiiine."

She closes the door once again, leaves the key inside the bag, and starts walking again. The map was unrolled to see the parts of the ship, the same she saw when one of the twins showed her. She became impressed that the ship has its very own battling and trading decks, as well as a food deck. "Oh my god.. all-you-can-eat buffet." Ninetales's mouth starts to water, as they both find the stairs leading towards the outside deck. Tons and tons of passengers were walking up and down the stairs, leading towards the outside deck. As she walked up the stairs, loud voices, as the volume rises up when going up the stairs, can be heard. Caydee can imagine...so many trainers are up there.

"Once I'm up there, I won't believe the view I'm going to see." Caydee said to herself, smiling and taking a deep breath as she climbs up the final step towards the deck.​

King!

better
Years
'"Come on, Nadia!" her father cheered from the sidelines, although the tone of his voice was far from cheerful. Nadia wiped the sweat from her brow and sighed, trying to think. Her Pokemon was in a tough situation, here… trapped underground, the opponent's Pokemon looming above, the attack it was charging growing more and more powerful by the second. She glanced sideways at her father, but didn't read the expression on his face.

"Um…well…" She knew that the longer Lairon stayed underground, the stronger her opponent grew. But she couldn't see a way to break through the earth up to the Pokemon above. "I…don't…" Her father shook his head in frustration; Nadia wished to melt into the ground herself.

Finally, it was too late. The Golbat's attack was fully charged, and in a flash, it released the Hyper Beam, sending a powerful burst of energy down to the ground. It was over. Her father walked out of the room without another word.

Later, Nadia sat in Henry's room, keeping away from her family for as long as she could. "He was just so…disappointed. I could see it on his face, Henry. He left! Without…without even. I don't know. I don't know what to do." With that, Nadia buried her face in her hands and began to cry.

"Hey, don't worry, Nellie. You'll get the hang of it soon, I'm sure. You'll make them all proud of you! Just wait…"'

2. Knockout​

"So, where do we begin?" Nadia asked her partner, after changing into a more formidable party outfit. Rose had cleaned up quite nicely herself, in hopes that there would be as many nice Pokemon as there were trainers. However, there seemed to be something clouding her mind. She was jumpier than usual, and kept glancing over to the corner the bed was in. "What is it?" she chuckled, noticing her Pokemon's behavior. Rose bounced over to the bed and gestured to the pile of bags, squealing with glee.

"Oh!" Nadia exclaimed, hurrying over to where Rose had begun to bounce up and down. "How could I have forgotten!? Henry's package!" She reached her hand into the front pocket where she had placed the tiny gift…but found it empty. "Hmmm…" Maybe she'd put it in another pocket?

After the both of them had extensively dug through each in every one of the bags, it was clear that the gift was…gone. "How!? I had it when we arrived…but then…" Suddenly, it dawned on her. And as soon as she reached her realization, a sudden shout from outside startled the two girls.

"GET BACK HERE! THAT ISN'T YOURS!!" the boy shouted, and his quick footsteps could be heard running down the hallway as well. Nadia instantly recognized the voice: it was the guy who had helped her up after she'd fallen in the road on their way to the ship. The guy who, hopefully, and if she was correct, was now in possession of her package from Henry.

Rose had also recognized the voice, and wasn't surprised when Nadia ran out into the hall to give chase. "WAIT UP!" she cried out, struggling to catch up with the boy, as he was equally determined to catch the person HE was chasing.

The chase continued throughout the halls of the cabin floor, Rose chasing Nadia chasing the boy chasing…whatever HE was after, until finally, the four were stopped by a dead end. Now that she had caught up, Nadia could see that the boy had been chasing ANOTHER boy about their age. He had a sinister air to him, with dark eyes and pointed features, a smirk on his face. And in his hand…was a familiar little box, wrapped neatly with a bow. Nadia's gift from Henry.

The Ratman's grin spread even wider when he saw Nadia standing at the end of the hall, Rose beside her. "Oh…is this your little girlfriend you were talking about, Henry?" Nadia was confused at this remark…Henry? How could he have known about Henry all the way back in Lilycove? Unless…

Rose and Nadia exchanged sideways glances, and Nadia could tell the Wigglytuff was just as confused as she was. Could this guy really be named Henry, too?

"Give it back…" Possible-Henry-Number-Two growled, taking another step forward.

"Or what?" Ratman barked, stepping forward as well. "You gonna take it from me, pretty boy? I'd like to see you try." PHNT snapped – and lunged at Ratface with all the force he had. However, the target had been expecting this, and swiftly withdrew a pokeball, tossing it into the air before being pinned against the wall.

The pokeball landed, and with a burst of light, a serpentine creature was revealed from within. "Sssssevipersssss" it hissed, rearing back and preparing to lunge. The two boys had now taken their brawl to the ground, rolling around and throwing punches, not aware of where they were aiming.

Nadia knew she needed to help out, and fast. But as the gears in her mind started spinning…they began to fog up as well. 'No, no…I can't choke this time…I need to…to think. Come on, Nadia, think…' As if a light had been switched on in her mind, an idea appeared.

"Rosie!" she cried. "Change up the gravity, quick!" It was risky, that was for sure. Although Rose's Gravity attack had been well polished for its use in performing, it hadn't ever been used in a situation like THIS before. Nonetheless, the Pokemon obeyed, eyes turning a bright blue color. Abruptly, there was a shift in the hallway: and everything rose up to the ceiling, people, Pokemon, and furniture included.

What happened next was a blur: a mix between an action movie scene and a misty vision. The two boys broke apart, spiraling through the air. Nadia hit the ceiling hard, momentarily losing vision. The Seviper squirmed in the air, turning to face Wigglytuff, who seemed to be the only thing with any control in the room, floating gracefully towards the ceiling like a big balloon.

The Other Henry (whose name Nadia had, in fact, heard correctly), watched as the neatly wrapped box flew through the air, as if it were in slow motion. He struggled to gain composure and reached out for the box, but was stopped by a hand wrapped firmly around his ankle. At the same time, the Seviper dashed as quickly as possible through the anti-gravitized zone towards Rose, who, in shock, lost focus and control of the situation.

Almost as suddenly as it had stopped, gravity was regained in the hallway: sending everything and everyone back down to the ground with a large THUD. Thankfully, the ceiling in this particularly hallway wasn't that high, and the fall, though alarming, was fairly harmless.

Unfortunately, after landing on her behind, Nadia was hit in the head by another falling piece of furniture. A sharp pain crackled through her head, and she was knocked out cold.

***​

The Other Henry sat beside the hospital bed, staring down at the tiny square in his hands. "So she'll be okay then, right?" he questioned, not looking up at the nurse.

"Oh yes, she'll be fine," Angie Silvers replied, scribbling something down on her clipboard. "Just a few days rest and she'll be up and running again in no time!" Henry sighed with relief, and glanced over at Nadia, who lay in the bed beside him.

"Good….thanks," he replied, his gaze now not leaving Nadia. The nurse nodded and left the room, leaving Henry and Rose by themselves.

"Well," Henry said, placing the box on the table and rising from his seat. "Now…we wait."

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Part 2: Goodbye Vermilion City

Day 1: Evening
July 10th - July 20th

s_s__anne_remake_by_peekychew-d3raga7.png

Sighing, as the last passenger boarded, Carla readied herself to back up the welcoming stands and head back on board. Angie was already piling the extra goody-bags into a spare box.

"Sean is sure taking his time..." The young nurse commented, looking back along the dock towards the city, the Captain had promised he'd be back in time to depart - if he was much later the passengers could get agitated.

"He'll be back," Carla replied, optimistic, "could you just put those boxes out the way? I'm sure you could use the spare potions anyway." Angie nodded, lifting the box and slowly walking it up the gangplank. The ship was bustling with trainers and the busy staff who tended to them were running around, helping to iron out any teething problems. Nurse Silvers span from one side of the corridor to another, manoevering around the crammed space as best she could. A flurry of activity up ahead caught her attention.

"Rosie, change up the gravity, quick!" Cried a girl, so far down the hallway she was barely visible. Suddenly the atmosphere changed, a blue glow followed as the world flipped upside down, with Angie and the other passengers being thrown into the air. The box split open, potions and PokéTreats and other goods spilling out and floating away.

What even?! The young nurse thought, noticing some released Pokémon further down the corridor, "This- this is not the place!" She attempted to yell, only to be drowned out by the panic around her. Luckily, just as she reached for a Pokéball, the gravity was restored and everyone fell back to the floor.

Jumping back up, quickly assessing the trainers around her, she found nobody to be hurt - but a worrying "Wiggly!" cry from further along drew her attention. On the ground, next to the worried Wigglytuff was the girl from before - sporting a nasty knock to the head. A young boy was sat over her, attempting to wake her back up but to no avail.

"Stand clear please, I'm a nurse," Angie announced calmly, releasing her Blissey, Lucky, from her Pokéball. "Looks like we've got a concussion here, Lucky, do what you can." The experienced healer Pokémon set to work, checking the young girl's vitals and bandaging up her head.

"Bliss, bliss, bliss-bliss," she chimed back to Nurse Silvers, who nodded along.

"Would you lend a hand?" Angie asked the young boy, as she released another of her Pokéballs. "Puff acts as a great stretcher if we can just lift her on," the Weezing moped around the injured girl, nudging at her feet. Between them, Angie and Henry managed to lift the girl, who she was informed was called Nadia, on top of the levitating Puff.

"To the Nurse's Office!"

Looking repeatedly from her silver watch to the distant city, Carla Raines waited for her boss to return. Finally, in the distance she spotted the large frame of the Vermilion Gym-leader and the smaller outline of Captain Rogers.

"The Captain's returning!" She yelled across to one of her subordinates, "Get the ship ready for departure, we'll be off as soon as he's on board." Carla herself also made some last minute preparations, running the last remaining box into a storage cupboard before hastily rushing to the entrance to the S.S. Anne.

"Sir!" She said, as the Captain boarded (leaving Lt. Surge at the dock below) and marched towards his private quarters, Carla followed closely, "The ship is ready to roll-er-depart, whenever you are."

"Yes, Raines, I know," the displeasure in his voice was apparent, even beneath the backdrop of cheering from the surrounding trainers.

Carla struggled to keep up with him, as they approached the Captain's private elevator, "What else do you need me-" the Captain was lost to her, behind the steel doors. She watched him give a sigh of relief just as they closed between them. Something had happened this afternoon, not that the pair usually got on - they were just a lot more civil. Carla began to worried, but was yet again cut off - this time by the overhead speakers.

"The S.S. Anne will now depart, please stay safe and be careful on board. We will be arriving at Fuchsia City at noon tomorrow, I hope you all have a pleasant evening," Captain Roger's voice was dull and solemn, but soon enough the ship juddered to life and the excitement on board rose once again.

Un-clipping her customised speaker from her hip, Carla added to the Captain's brief speech, "All battlebots are now online! Enjoy the ride folks!"

Interactable NPCs

Spr_BW_Waitress.png
Spr_BW_Nurse.png

The Rules:
  • Make sure to avoid God-modding or Bunnying.
  • For the sake of argument, this leg of the trip encompasses: Evening, Night, Morning.
  • You may want to acknowledge other player's characters, but you are equally able to create your own NPCs to talk to.
  • You may continue to include flashbacks to flesh out your characters, if you wish.
  • You may battle players or NPCs.
  • You may battle and attempt to capture a Wild Pokémon (see below).
  • You cannot leave the ship.

Wild Pokémon:

On Deck/In Water

Spr_5b_072.png
Spr_5b_016.png
Spr_5b_090.png

Spr_5b_017.png
Spr_5b_086.png
Spr_5b_131.png

Spoiler:

Trades:
There are no NPCs looking to trade at the moment.​

Remember:
You may battle Angie Silvers, but do check nobody is in the middle of interacting with her directly. In the case of Nadia she can be assumed to be being looked after by Chansey, etc. whilst Angie is not in the Nurse's office.

If battling a fellow character, please make sure to be considerate and it might be best to write your battle together in PMs. You may also organise double battles with other players, preferably against a made up NPC team.​

Skylar has won a special prize draw! Carla is looking for you out on deck, and would like to reward you with a Premier Ball. This special Pokéball offers a perfect* capture effect and allows you to assign one egg move or TM move to any Pokémon caught by it. You may use this now, or save it for later.
Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png

*Perfect capture rate only applies to Non-Legendary Pokémon.
Nadia's Wigglytuff, Rose, gained some needed battle experience - She is now much closer to gaining a level.

Last edited:
Years
Rajay Murdock

Trozeiani059.gif
Trozeiani214.gif
Trozeiani300.gif

"And what now" Rajay enjoyed the sea breezes for as long as he could handle, which was only a couple of minutes before it bored him. As he turned and set his attention on the people boarding the ship and the ones already on board he was soon bored once again, surprise surprise right? He was just fidgety and agitated, like a little boy who just couldn't stay still but was there really anything to do and the ship had just began to move. There wasn't even enough space for Ace, the Arcanine, to run around and show off his wonderfully groomed fur especially with so many people on deck.

7f302c18a7920e9028472d19a423a2ed-d4padiu.png
"What to do? What to do?" Rajay was just stuck their mumbling these words until he spotted the winged beauty flying about just hovering around the ship. Being the showman he was Rajay saw no better opportunity to introduce and make his name known around this ship hopefully for the better. Snatching at a pokeball from his belt Rajay flung the ball containing Hercules, his Heracross, unto what was now his battlefield. Yes Rajay was smart enough to know that a bug/fighting type would have 0 chance against a flying type but that was something his ego had no clue about.

Already some people began to watch and take interest in the Heracross v Pidgeotto battle, exactly what Jay wanted, some attention and all eyes on him. It wasn't all eyes but it was more than enough to make him a happy camper and even Hercules was soaking up all the eyes in his direction, flexing his muscles and striking poses almost ignoring the flying type.

"Alrighty then lets go with a Horn Attack" Rajay finally sent out an order and Hercules finally took notice of the Pidgeotto and went charging forward horn primed and ready to strike. The Pidgeotto was hit and by Rajay's reaction anyone would have believed that he had just knocked out the flying type but it was nothing like that and the bird was already ready to retaliate with a Wing Attack which would have obviously been a knock out hit. If it wasn't for Hercules using endure, Rajay was brash but he was no idiot and neither were his pokemon.

"Oh yea!!!" The gloating just would not stop and Herucles and the Pidgeotto traded some none lethal blows for a while with Rajay watching intently waiting for his "Time to strike" or so he was thinking. The Pidgeotto was no slacker though and every Focus Punch thrown was match with an equally strong Quick Attack or Tackle but not enough to knock out the determined bug. The little crowd was determination enough for Rajay and Hercules wanting to win the fight but even Rajay knew that continued fighting would eventually leave his pokemon tired and vulnerable to an effective attack.

"Ok Lets finish this one for the fans" Hercules looked at his trainer and gave a nod "Use Aerial Ace" A hype move to choose in an attempt to beat a flying type pokemon with a flying type move typical of Rajay to try something like that. Do you really think the Pidgeotto would take the attack just lying down? Well no it had also had its wings glowing bright white heading towards Hercules hoping to finish the fight with a Wing Attack. Hercules and the Pidgeotto were on a crash course for each other and when the impact finally took place it was Hercules who was out on top.

Jay was so engulfed in his victory that he just stared and stared as the Pidgeotto was falling towards the ocean. Thankfully though he snapped out of his almost trance in time to remember to throw one of his pokeballs at it before it crashed into the water. Jay through the pokeball and watched as the red light sucked in the flying type, Jay had to just wait as the pokeball shuck.......All Jay could think about now was how stupid he would look if the Pidgeotto wasn't captured......

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Pokemon_Trainer_Jet_by_Selvix-1.jpg

Skylar Weathers

The voice of the captain boomed over the loud speaker, announcing that the ship would be departing. Seconds later, a loud toot of the horn was heard and the vessel began to move. Anna sighed, shifting her gaze back to her Trainer. It seemed that Gloria had no interest in addressing some no-like Psychic Pokemon, but that was to be expected of a diva such as herself. "Oh well," she mumbled. "There's still plenty else to do, so let's have some fun.... uh Skylar?"

The teenager was still standing by the rail, looking out into the bay. The building's of Vermilion City were slowly shrinking and fading out of view. But that wasn't what Skylar had set his eyes on as he barely even noticed Anna coming up behind him. There was an entire school of Magikarp jumping up and down some yards away from the boat, close enough to be seen but too far away to be battled. It was so strange how the red fish-like Pokemon could swim so gracefully in the sea, but when it came to battle they were nearly useless until they evolved.

The tranquility of the scene was broken when the Magikarp darted off in different directions all at once. Skylar cocked his head in curiousity; something was going on and the Magikarp could sense it. But what happened next was more than sensational. In the midst of the fleeing fish Pokemon a large, dark shape in the water appeared, followed by the surfacing of a blue horn. The creature continued rising out of the water, revealing a blue face with curled ears, perched atop a long, elegant neck, its back covered with a thick, knobbed shell.

The other passangers quickly gathered around. "Everyone, look! It's a Lapras!," a young woman shouted as even more Trainers crowded around. Skylar was in awe, knowing full well how rare these Transport Pokemon were, yet there was one right here, swimming alongside the ship and looking at the people on board curiously. Anna nudged the boy and whispered in his ear, "Maybe you should catch it. I doubt you'll ever see another wild one."

"But I already have Kame-Sama," Skylar replied. "Do I really need another Water type? Then again...." Lapras was a vastly different Pokemon from Wartortle, and would certainly be useful to have around, even if he'd have a tough time fitting it into a comedy act. Knowing that Kame-Sama wouldn't be able to do much to the Transport Pokemon, he silently pushed the Gardevoir forward. When Anna was battling, Skylar usually just spectated and let her do whatever she wanted, only intervening to use items.

Anna closed her eyes, focusing her mind to unleash a powerful Psychic attack. She was about to fire it but was interrupted when she was jostled by someone passing through. "Skylar Weathers? Is there a Skylar Weathers here?," a young woman called as she bumbled between all the people. Curious, Skylar looked away from his Gardevoir and the Lapras and addressed the female. He had recognized her voice from when she announced that the ship was ready to be boarded, but what was she doing on the deck now. "Uh... I'm right here. Can I help you, miss?"

"Why, yes!," the lady responded excitedly. "My name is Carla Raines, and I'm the direction of the events and entertainment on this cruise. Skylar, I'm happy to announce that you are the lucky winner of a special drawing! Please accept this prize." With that, she extended a white box to the teenager, who placed his right hand behind his head and grinned sheepishly. "Wow, thanks!," he replied, looking at his prize curiously. On the box was a picture of a white Pokeball, along with the words, "Silph Corperation Premier Ball: Captures Pokemon without fail!"

"I once read about Silph Corperation developing a prototype for a Pokeball that always caught its target," Anna commented, shifting her attention away from the Lapras. "I'll be sure to use it wisely... or maybe right now," Skylar continued. "Uh, by the way Ms. Raines, Anna and I also happen to be a comedy duo. If you're looking for entertainment, we have our props in our room and would be glad to perform." Carla cocked her head and then smiled. "Why, I'm sure some of our passnegers would love to see that!"

She took out a clipboard and pored over her agenda. "It seems there's an open slot in the Lickitung Lounge tomorrow evening. I'll put you down for then. Please don't be late!" Skylar nodded. He would have thanked the woman but she had already darted off, probably to handle another event. "Let's give this a shot," the teenager said to himself as he unwrapped the Premier Ball from its packaging. Anna stepped back, at first unaware that she was standing in front of a staircase leading to the lower decks. Skylar took a deep breath as he tossed the white Ball overboard, flying toward the swimming Lapras. According to the package, if he was not 'completely satisfied' with the result, he was entitled to a free replacement. Silph Co was quite confidant in their products, but it was fact that they almost always did as intended.

As Skylar threw the Premier Ball, Anna realized she was blocking traffic. "Oh! Excuse me! Sorry!," she said as she bumped into various people and Pokemon, some giving a second glance when they realized the Gardevoir could speak. A Ninetales with its mouth watering as it climbed the stairs caught the Embrace Pokemon's attention. Believing it was interested in the half-eaten Pokesnack in her hand, Anna lowered her gaze to the Fox Pokemon. It might have nearly made Skylar vomit, but it was intented for Pokemon, after all. "Uh... here," she said with a smile, removing the rest of the wrapper from the candy and offering it. Surely the Ninetales' Trainer wouldn't mind.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Rajay and his Heracross, Hercules, battled well against the Pidgeotto. By the time Rajay threw the Pokéball, both pokémon were exhausted. The red light engulfed the flying pokémon's form, dragging it inside the device. The ball fell back to the deck, rocking back and forth, until it eventually settled.

Rajay caught a Pidgeotto! This Pidgeotto has a hidden ability!

Level: 24
Ability: Big Pecks
Moveset: Tackle, Sand Attack, Whirlwind, Gust, Twister.

Rajay's Hercules is exhausted from its fight, and could use a rest before battling again.

Skylar threw his newly acquired Premier Ball, which promptly sucked in the huge Lapras and darted back to the trainer's outstretched hand.

Skylar caught a Lapras! This Lapras has a special move!

Level: 26
Ability: Shell Armor
Moveset: Growl, Sing, Ice Shard, Water Pulse, *******.

You two may rename your Pokémon in your own posts, if at all, and then I shall add them to the first post list!​

Last edited:

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
After some ten or fifteen minutes of wandering, Lucas gradually realised that he was lost. People were constantly streaming through the corridors of the massive ship, and he recognised none of them. They radiated excitement, and the vast majority seemed to be too engaged in their own activities to help him. How on earth would he find his way to his cabin?

He stopped for a minute to catch his breath, examining his surroundings.

"Wait a minute," he breathed. "Is that…?"

A few metres away, a pair of twins appeared to be helping out a teenaged girl (with blue hair…?). One was showing her the map, and the other appeared to be doing nothing but talking. The blue-haired girl left, apparently satisfied with her directions.

Now was the time. He might never get another chance to figure out where his cabin was.

He approached the twins stealthily and silently, making sure he was absolutely undete-

"Nice hat," sniggered one of the twins, who had actually been watching him the whole time. She was quickly elbowed by her sister.

"Yeah, not like I've heard that one before," Lucas retorted, "I notice you have a map-"

"If you need one, they're in your cabin." The twin that remarked on his Swablu interrupted.

"In the drawer." The one holding the map said.

"That's the problem," Lucas continued, "I can't find my cabin. The higher-numbered ones use some bizarre organisation system to make sure it doesn't take half an hour to get to the further ones, and without a map I can't figure it out. Can I have a look at yours for a moment?"

The twins both cried out at the same time.
"No!" said the one without the map, as the more polite one said "Yes!"

She immediately elbowed the ruder one in the ribs. "Tara!" She hissed as she stepped closer to Lucas, handing him her map. As he scanned it, looking for his cabin number, the twins argued in the background.

"Kara, are you gonna just hand our map to every person we see?!"

"Tara, this guy clearly needed help finding his cabin! And anyway, I wouldn't hand it to people who didn't ask…"

"Yeah, but how many people will ask? We might want to use the map for ourselves, you know!"

"And we will! It's not like every single person will need to use the map!"

"Aha!" Lucas interrupted, oblivious to the sibling war. "Okay, got it! You two can have your map back now. Thanks!"

He handed the map back to the girls and took off down the corridors of the ship.

…Did someone just call him pathetic?

---

Soon enough, he found it. "Cabin number three hundred and forty-five," He breathed, "Here goes nothing."

He took off his backpack and retrieved the gift bag he had hastily shoved in there beforehand. Inside was his room key. He hastily jammed it into the lock and twisted it. It gave a click, and the door swung open. The cabin wasn't really that impressive: a small room with a soft bed and a chest of drawers. Still, it was small, safe and (hopefully) secure.

Lucas sat down on the bed and reopened his bag. It was a titanic mess, spare clothes, snacks and supplies all jumbled together in one. He stared at it for a moment, wondering if it was worth the effort to sort it out.

"Nah," he declared, reaching into a pocket for his second pokéball.
Wordlessly, he summoned his Minccino, Swish, and nodded at him. A small grin spread out over the pokémon's face as he understood what he was meant to do.

Without making a single sound, the Minccino leapt up Lucas's back… and then tackled Atlus to the ground. Awoken from her slumber, the bird squawked loudly, flapping her wings wildly. The two repeatedly attempted to attack each other, to no avail.

Stepping in between the two pokémon, Lucas declared, "Alright, you two; enough fighting. I'm gonna see what's happening on deck, and you probably won't be safe alone. Coming?"

The pokémon halted their onslaught. Swish leapt up onto Lucas's shoulder, balancing precariously, and Atlus took to the air, cautious of what might happen if she landed on his head again.

Before they even left the cabin, the ship juddered into movement as a voice spoke over the intercom.

"The S.S. Anne will now depart, please stay safe and be careful on board. We will be arriving at Fuchsia City at noon tomorrow, I hope you all have a pleasant evening," the captain said.

After taking a second to adjust to the movement of the ship, Lucas and his pokémon headed for the deck.

---

The deck of the S.S. Anne was bustling with people, and the salty tang of the ocean filled the air. Off in the distance, Lucas could just make out the shape of the mainland. He withdrew his binoculars and examined it more closely. Satisfied that it was indeed the landmass they had just left, he turned his attention to the skies.

"Okay, Atlus. I think you deserve some exercise after all these weeks being cramped in a tiny apartment. Stretch your wings, see if you've still got it. Swish? I dunno, just… relax, have a little fun. I'll be watching Atlus to make sure nothing goes wrong in the air, so don't get into trouble."

His Swablu took to the air as he raised his binoculars to eye level. She flew in graceful arcs, loops and turns, clearly happy to be able to fly freely again. Other pokémon soared the skies, but they were just surviving. Atlus was living life to the fullest, enjoying every moment of her newfound freedom.

Lucas's binoculars began to drift in other directions, examining natural seabirds. A few Pidgey flocked closer to the ship, but other than that the skies were curiously bare.

Out of nowhere, a shape emerged from the water with lightning speed, leaping towards Atlas. It clamped on, and she struggled to maintain her flight.

Lucas whistled, his emergency recall signal having been established many years ago. There was no denying the fact that Atlus heard, given the sharp-angled turn she executed immediately after, but even then there was no way she would have a clear landing.

"Clear it!" Lucas shouted desperately, and a small crowd near where the Swablu was going to land parted.

But by some miracle, the struggling songbird managed to soar over the landing spot without crashing, still high in the air. She angled herself towards the ground, and at last Lucas understood what was going on. Faster, faster, Atlus nosedived, the figure still holding on.

And then they hit the ground. The impact managed to throw whatever it was clamping onto Atlus straight off, and it landed stunned, but relatively unharmed, a few metres away.

Atlus wasn't so lucky. She landed in a heap on the deck - and struggled to get up.

Lucas approached her and held her in both arms. "You did good, Atlus," He murmured, "Things could have been a whole lot worse."

He retrieved her pokéball from his backpack and solemnly activated it, recalling her for the moment. Then he retrieved his ancient pokédex he still had from when he was in Hoenn and activated it.

"Shellder, the bivalve pokémon," He murmured, reading the text the battered machine displayed.

"At night, this Pokémon uses its broad tongue to burrow a hole in the seafloor sand and then sleep in it. While it is sleeping, Shellder closes its shell, but leaves its tongue hanging out.' Well then, Shellder. I think it's time you found out why you don't mess with my pokémon."

He whistled twice, a signal for Swish to ready for battle. The Shellder, no longer stunned, faced Lucas and his pokémon, shell snapping open and shut menacingly.

"Okay, Swish," Lucas yelled. "Let's start simple. Hit it with a DoubleSlap!"
The Minccino responded with a nod, before dashing in close to his opponent. He then raised a paw, before slamming it back and forth once on his opponent.

He raised it again. Another slap.

And another.

And another.

And another.

They didn't seem to be doing much whatsoever to the Shellder. It finally got tired of the minute damage that was being dealt to it, and launched itself forward, knocking Swish over with considerable force.

It took him a few seconds to regain his footing. This would be a tough battle.

But then Lucas had an idea. A different tactic was required.

"Swish!" He shouted, as the spectators and other passengers on the ship were acting loud. "That shell's too hard for you to damage directly! We're going to have to do things a little differently!"

He cleared his throat. He knew he had an audience.

"Use swift!"

The Minccino focused for a second, and multiple star-shaped rays came into being. He made a pose, and they shot straight towards the Shellder. It reeled, the attack having hit home.

"Alright, then! That should be enough, Swish!" Lucas cried.

He took his backpack off and rustled through it for a second. All professionalism was now lost.

Not that he cared, of course.

He withdrew his hand from the bag. In it was a pokéball.

"Alright then. This should teach you not to mess with my teammates!"

He threw the pokéball at the Shellder… and waited.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The PokéBall flew across the dock, bumping off the water pokémon's shell and snapping open in order to catch the Shellder. Lucas has thrown the ball perfectly, and the Shellder was soon inside. After a few moments of tense rocking the ball fell still.

Lucas caught a Shellder!

Level: 22
Ability: Skill Link
Moveset: Tackle, Withdraw, Leer, Supersonic, Icicle Spear, Protect, <Blank>

Atlus was very injured from its encounter with Shellder, however Swish's battling prowess gave it some vital battle experience. The pair, and the newly caught Shellder, should probably rest before battling again today.

Swish matured to level 22!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Sarah Reyes​

Sarah just continued reading her book. It was really when the captain arrived that she made sure to pay attention to the announcement he gave and smiled as the other trainers cheered. She was a very patient women, you had to be when you raised kids and so she watched as the boat left the dock and soon they were far from land. She just sat there and turned the pages every now and then. She wasn't really here to only battle, she just wanted to relax. If that meant one day she would read her book only then she would read her book. If it meant that another day she wanted to battle, then she would battle. Already the other trainers on the boat were chatting among each other. The trainers she did see were very young, and there were hardly any adults that would battle here as well. Still, it wouldn't hurt to chat with them, but she didn't want to push herself in either. She knew most kids, especially trainers, didn't like being told what to do, so she would wait for them to open up. Maybe one would publicly ask for a battle or some event would happen on deck?

Well, stuff was happening. Already, a boy had been given a special poke ball that had let him capture a Lapras. Other trainers were also capturing other pokemon. Sarah really didn't want to specialize in other pokemon. Sure, it was foolhardy to specialize in only one type of pokemon, but the Elite Four did it! Gym leaders did it, and they were considered some of the best trainers. Once they did hit a port, Sarah could then head out see just what fighting type pokemon she could find. She knew that she would want to catch a Machop, having a Machamp later on would really help her. Apart from that, she didn't know what other pokemon she wanted. She could travel to other parts of the world and find pokemon that she would otherwise never see.

She smiled as she went over to the edge and glanced down at the sea. Various sea pokemon swam below. Blaze came with her as well, but looked uncomfortable. Yes, he was a fire type and he did have a right to be nervous since they were pretty much surrounded by water. She patted the Blaziken's arm, "It isn't like we'll sink." She said happily as Blaze rolled his eyes in response. She giggled and led the way back to the bench as she sat down and pulled out her phone and sent a quick text to Stuart and pulled out her book again. It was relaxing to her, and that was all that counted.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Caydee Mint - F3 Deck

"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK." (click for actual sound lolol)

The S.S. Anne hat set sail, and Caydee had to cover her ears because the horn was way too loud. She's used to boat horns, but nothing like the one on the SS Anne. She twitched as she covered her ears. Ninetales didn't mind the loud sound, as he kept walking up the stairs. He walked by a boy and his Gardevoir, holding a half-eaten Pokesnack. Ninetales' eyes widened as he decided to walk towards the Gardevoir, eyeing the snack. Ninetales, however, wasn't aware that it's probably the same Pokesnack he ate back at the cabin, the same that gave him a disgusting taste.

"Uh...here." She smiled and handed the snack to Ninetales. Ninetales widely opened his mouth and ate the snack almost by whole, dropping a large piece on the floor. Meanwhile...

"Ninetales?" Caydee called out. After the crowd died down of walking up and down the stairs, she looked around the large deck...no sign of him. "Ninetales?"

After Ninetales ate the piece of Pokesnack, he turned around and saw Caydee looking for him. "Nine!" He galloped away and bumped into Caydee. She turned around and felt a bit relieved to see him again. Though...Ninetales realized he still wanted that piece of snack on the ground.

"Where did you go Ninetales? You left without warning?" Caydee asked.

But Ninetales wasn't listening. The temptation was rising so much, he wanted that piece. His mouth watered again, he was indeed hungry for it. With the Gardevoir still standing there, he decided to walk back to her once again to retrieve that fallen piece. He slobbered his mouth with his tongue, and looked down on the floor. Caydee became confused at Ninetales. She had to follow him to see what's up.

As Ninetales lowered his head to pick up the piece, suddenly a fast-flying Pidgey decided to fly through between where the Gardevoir was standing and where Ninetales was at. It was hard to detect for Caydee, but it stopped right above Ninetales. Ninetales looked up, glancing at the Pidgey looking down at him. It squeaked, translating the sound into what looked like a laughable sound. Ninetales did not like how the Pidgey took the snack. It growled loudly, and starts releasing fire from his mouth, trying to attack it. The Pidgey dodged the attack, and starts to fly away.

Caydee shrieked as she saw the fire. "Ahhh, Ninetales! Stop ittt!" She ran to the Fox Pokemon, but Ninetales started to chase the Pidgey as she reached up to him. "Ninetales get over here!" Ninetales kept running and running after the Pidgey, with the Pidgey still holding the snack by its beak. Impolitely bumping into the other passengers on the deck, Caydee had to get through. She wasn't too far away from Ninetales. Before her and Ninetales' eyes, they realized they reached a dead end.

But the Pidgey was floating on the ocean, flapping its wings and had its eye on Ninetales. It showed signs for battle.

"Ninetales, knock it off! I have more back at the cabin. And besides, you hated those, remember?" Caydee shouted.

"Nine!" Ninetales growled, mainly eyeing on the Pidgey. Then it releases a blue fireball from his mouth, aimed towards the Pidgey. But this Pidgey was pretty quick as it flew up to miss the hit. The Pidgey flew quick towards Ninetales, tackling him through. Afterwards, it flies up and then downwards the hesitant Ninetales to attack once again.

"Ninetales, hang in there! Caydee shouted again. "Use Confuse Ray to have it stop attacking you!"

As the Pidgey continued to fly downward, Ninetales started to concentrate on his attack, Confuse Ray. His eyes start to glow red as fire, concentrating on his opponent. It slowed down close to stopping as it was hit. Pidgey lets go of the snack piece, letting it fall on the floor. It started to not have any idea why it had it in the first place. It lands on the floor, picking up a few crumbs on the deck. As Ninetales walked over to pick up the snack piece, he eyed on the Pidgey again. Caydee closely followed him, also eyeing on the Pidgey as well.

Its eyes sharpened at the Ninetales. Snapped out!

"Ahh?" Caydee startled.

The Pidgey flew back to Ninetales and starts to peck him by its beak. He tried pawing at it, trying to stop him from pecking more. It growled loudly at it, pushing him away from him. As the Ninetales stood up properly, it breathed fire from its mouth.

Caydee had enough of the Pidgey attacking Ninetales. "Fire Spin, Ninetales! Just... watch your aim."

Ninetales breathed out a plume of fire out of his mouth, spiraling out towards Pidgey. Turns out it was a direct hit to the Pidgey. It became badly burned by the flames, and then falls down to the ground. Caydee started to notice that she's being the center of attention to the deck, people started to stare at her and her Ninetales. Even the twin girls she saw earlier, Kara and Tara. Caydee wasn't sure whether to feel embarassed or excited.

As the Pidgey fell, Caydee took out a Pokeball...one of the Pokeballs she received upon entering the SS Anne. "Pokeball, go get that Pidgey!" She throws the ball at the badly-burned Pidgey and the ball immediately sucks her inside. As the ball fell, it starts to shake and shake. Caydee sucked some of the ocean breeze and holds it in, something the Pidgey should so when it is captured.

Ninetales never paid attention to the ball shaking, instead...he took the snack piece from the floor by mouth and ate it whole. He then slobbered his mouth by tongue and smiled crookedly.​

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
Waver Cato-Introduction

Waver took a deep breath to calm himself. He was hiding among several trees near the Cycling Road path to Fuchsia City, trying to slow his heartbeat and make his breathing as shallow as possible. With the mask hiding his nose and mouth, he didn't have to worry to much about that anyhow.

Waver ceased breathing entirely and pressed himself behind a tree as he noticed a purple figure out of the corner of his eye. A Crobat fluttered past silently, it's eyes searching the foresty floor thoroughly. As soon as it passed, Waver began climbing up the tree he was hiding behind and stood on one of the boughs lightly, crouching slightly. From this vantage point, he'd be able to see everything and find where his opponent was hiding. Or so he thought. Waver felt a strange sensation in his gut and glanced behind him. he struggled not to yell as he found that Crobat was hanging on a branch directly behind him, staring at him with its wide eyes. Waver immediately wheeled around and hopped from the branch to another quickly. A poisonous mucus flew from Crobat's mouth just then and hit where he had been standing before. The sludge bomb attack completely melted the tree branch, before it could fall to the ground, like a corroding acid. Waver didn't stick around to observe this for long. He continued hopping from branch to branch as quickly as he could, and a rain of sludge followed after him, some getting dangerously close.

"Tch." He gritted his teeth as the branch beneath him collapsed just as he hopped off of it, and he nearly tripped. He wouldn't be able to out run the pokemon. "Sylvester, shadow sneak!"

Right on cue, a Kecleon bathed in the color black shot from Crobat's shadow, which was sitting on a tree trunk right beside the pokemon, and slashed its claws out. Crobat reflexively dodged out of the way and reached.

"Wing attack!" A voice echoed through the forest. Waver glanced around quickly, trying to find the source. But it was pointless--he was against a pro.

"Slash!" He ordered the counter. Kecleon lashed out with its claws that struck against Crobat's wings and the two were in a momentary deadlock. But it didn't last long. Crobat swatted Kecleon out of the air, knocking it toward the ground. Crobat immediately shot toward Waver, deadly venomous fangs bared. Waver didn't hesitate to hop backwards from the tree bough he was on, allowing myself to fall in order to evade the attack.

"Bind!" He called. Kecleon's tongue shot up and wrapped around his body, lowering me safely to the ground. Then the tongue shot up at Crobat furiously, and Crobat immediately ducked out of the way, like a fly dodging a frog's tongue.

"Double team!" The voice called out. Crobat's form shimmered as it vanished and multipled into several images of itself.

"Sylvester, don't stop." Waver ordered. Kecleon's tongue continued to chase the evasive fakes, wrapping itself around tree branches that it passed by until it essentially created a cage around all the images, trapping them. Waver grabbed onto Kecleon's body as it pulled its tongue in and the tree branches began to crack and break from the force. With a sudden snap, Kecleon's tongue tied itself into a tight knot, trapping all of the fakes in it, including the real Crobat. Waver was surprised. Had he really won?

His brief moment of victory was thwarted as Kecleon's legs gave in and it collapsed. It's tongue fell limp and Crobat freed itself quickly. Waver grimaced darkly as I helped Kecleon up and it began to untie its knotted tongue. It was his loss, he knew it. But how?

"It was Toxic."

Waver looked up to one of the tree branches that had survived Kecleon's attack and saw Janine, his mentor, looking down toward me. She held her arm out and Crobat perched on her elbow, grinning down at me and Kecleon.

"Throwing your tongue around like that is a good tactic. It distracts the enemy and sets yourself up to trap them when in cluttered environments. But with as much space as you're taking, you leave yourself open for attacks. Crobat was able to inflict your Kecleon with toxic, which led to your defeat."

Waver sighed. He had been so close this time, and yet so far. The chasm between him and a gym leader was as obnoxious a hurdle as ever.

Janine hopped to the ground lightly and pulled her mask down from hiding her face. Waver did the same--it was how they were assuring one another that the battle was over and that neither would attempt any tricks.

"How do you feel?" Janine asked. Waver knew she wasn't talking about the battle anymore.

"Fine." He replied after a moment of considering this. How did he feel? "I'm not nervous, or anything. I expected something like this to come eventually. We shinobi act in the name of duty, after all. Staying safely at home isn't characteristic of us."

"Although you're just going to have fun."

"I'm doing it practically, though." Waver glared at Janine, and she grinned. Waver took out his shuriken with a pokeball embedded into it and he returned his Kecleon, Sylvester, into it. "The least you could do is give me some sort of farewell present, sensei--"

"Catch."

Waver winced as a small vial hit his head before falling to the ground at my feet. He picked it up and identified it as a full heal.

"Am I supposed to say thank you?" Waver muttered as he looked it over and pulled the top off.

"By the way, it's already been used and the tip is broken."

He sighed. "Wonderful sense of humor, Janine-sensei."

"You wanted a present, didn't you? Just remember to keep your guard up. I don't know how you managed to get that ticket, but we're all aware that you have no luck whatsoever, so don't let anything surprise you."

"It's a cruise on the famous S.S. Anne." Waver reminded her, unfazed by her attempt to scare him. "It will be fine."

"Well, if that's what you believe, I won't argue..."

Waver ignored her as he stuck the full heal in my pocket and took the ticket out in its place. He had to admit, it was a bit of a surprise, recieving this from a passing man. Waver assumed that they simply didn't have the time to go on the cruise themself, but he hadn't gotten a comprehensive explanation. One thing was for sure--there was no point in wasting the opprotunity.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Caydee's Ninetails may be mental, but apparently it also packs a punch. Poor Pidgey didn't stand a chance against a pillar of fire, and succumbed to the flames. The thrown PokéBall rocked on deck for a moment, but quickly became still.

Caydee caught a Pidgey!

Level: 21
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset: Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust, Whirlwind, Quick Attack.

Ninetails was not very injured from its encounter with Pidgey, however the newly caught Pidgey is severely burned and must be healed before battling (or walking probably, poor thing).

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ayame Akiko
448.gif
259.gif
261.gif

Ayame's thoughts got interupted by Dorian who gently grabbed her right hand which made her blush a little. He took the tickets and started walking together with her, Ayame didn't dare to look at him right now and so didn't notice he was also blushing a little.

'Finally...' Obilivio sighed as both Ayame and Dorian could hear him speak since he used telepathy. Only Ayame would understand him if he spoke in pokemon language which would be unfair.

'Finally we are heree~' Ayame said excited, trying to get her attention away from the fact that dorian was holding her hand and walking with her towards the boat. She took a glance towards the tickets Dorian was holding and smiled. 'It's kind of suspicious how you got them though.' Ayame commented. 'Doesn't matter~' Ayame playfully leaned her head against his arm.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Dorian Dammer

Dorian giggled as his best friend leaned her head against his left arm, and couldn't help but blush a bit more. He avoided eye contact with her and had been doing that since he grabbed her hand. His heart was beating faster, and he didn't know what to say.

"Y-Yeah...Hehehe...Tell that to the Radio Station." he said and giggled awkwardly.

Then it was time. They had reached the entrance, and Dee Dee flashed both tickets to the sailor. In order to make the entrance more comfortable, the boy grabbed a Pokéball from his belt and returned Marc, the paranoid Grovyle, back inside of it. The Pokémon was reluctant, but there was nothing he could do about it. And, not long after Dee Dee and Ayame got on the boat, a loud sound was heard and Dorian could feel the ship moving. It had set sail, finally.

Now all that there was to it was to enjoy the boat ride. It was likely to be one that Dee Dee would never forget. And as he stood next to Ayame, he glanced at her and smiled. His blush was starting to fade, but soon after that he realized he was still holding her hand and quickly let go, the blush returning.

"So, um, here we are! Hahaha!" he said, "What do you wanna do?"

He turned to avoid eye contact with Ayame, and got an idea.

"What do you say we, um, go check our cabin?" he suggested, "It must be a very cool one, I mean, look at this ship."

From the tone of his voice one could tell he was trying to avoid silence, and that he was nervous about something.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
The pokéball arced through the air towards the Shellder, colliding directly with it. It bounced off, snapped open and absorbed the pokémon before closing again and falling onto the deck.

It shook, back and forth, back and forth. The captive pokémon could escape at any moment, and then Lucas would be in real trouble.

It clicked shut, and Lucas breathed a sigh of relief. He'd done it. The first pokémon he'd caught in 5 years. And only the second one he'd ever caught in the first place. He cautiously approached the pokéball lying on the deck, as though it would burst open at any moment. He picked it up. The metal felt abnormally cold in his hands. Certainly colder than –

"Atlus," he mumbled. Suddenly remembering the state his pokémon was in, he turned away from the open ocean and broke into a sprint, withdrawing his map from his pocket and shoving the Shellder's pokéball in it. He shoved past people, leapt down the stairs and charged towards his room, albeit pausing occasionally to check the map and see he was on the right track.

He arrived at his cabin door, jammed the key into the lock, twisted it sharply to unlock the door, hastily opened and shut it, threw off his bag and locked the door again, all in the space of around ten seconds.

Exhausted, he flopped onto his cabin's bed, marvelling at how remarkably comfortable it was at the same time. He rooted through his pockets and extracted all 3 of his active pokéballs, opening them. Swish and the Shellder materialized on the cabin floor, boat rocking beneath them, but Atlus appeared on the bed, right next to Lucas.

She gave a weak chirp.

"Don't worry," Lucas said. "You just need a little rest. I'll be here for you, okay?"

He yawned.

"Actually, I guess I've had a few late nights myself," he admitted. "Maybe I'll just doze off for a little…"

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ayame Akiko
448.gif
259.gif
261.gif

When Dorian and Ayame arrived at the entrance, Dorian showed the tickets he had won from a Radio show to the sailor. 'Welcome on the S.S Anne guys! Have a pleasant cruise.' The sailor let them trough. Dorian sended his Grovyle back to his pokeball, Ayame did the same with Obilivio. 'Sorry Obilivio, please rest a little more.' Ayame said as a red beam took him into the pokeball.

Not long after they got on board the ship started moving. After awhile Dorian letted go of her hand, Ayame immediately took a look around, just to avoid his face untill her blush had faded. She turned to him though after he asked what she wanted to do.

Dorian suggested to check their cabins, this actually was a very good idea, Ayame wanted to see the room she was sleeping in. 'Yeah! Let's do that!' She said excited. She ran to the entrance of the ship were they could go inside. 'You're coming?' Ayame asked while smiling brightly, still being followed by her Poochyena.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Dorian Dammer

Dee Dee smiled at his best friend after she agreed with his idea of checking out the cabins. As she ran towards the cabins, he followed, and hoped that his cabin would be right next to hers.

"Yeah! Just wait up!" Dee Dee said to Ayame, a huge smile on his face.

As both of them went to the cabins, Dorian Dammer started thinking. About what they could do after they were done with the cabins. Probably they could go to the deck to enjoy the scenery, or perhaps take a walk around the luxury liner. Or maybe they could stay in the cabins and talk. Then, all of a sudden, an idea got into his head. Maybe this boat was the perfect way to tell Ayame how he truly felt about her. But he was not going to tell her in the cabins, oh no. He would have to find the perfect spot for that. He imagined himself, next to Ayame, standing on the deck, and staring at the sunset, both looking happy, and the thought of that brought yet another faint blush to his cheeks.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Giselle O'Brien
502.png
498.png
496.png

Giselle spared a glance at Eve and shook her head slightly as the girl spoke amusement in her tone "Ohhh?" Giselle arched an eyebrow and then looked back at the sky as Eve continued to talk her tone serious. "Do you have any pro tips for me? The only conversation starters I have are 'Isn't the weather nice today?' and 'What would you like to be like when you're an old geezer?' but the weather is very pretty today and you're not a male,"

Looking from the sky back to Eve Giselle stood up. "Listen, I don't start conversations, and I don't like conversations that waste my time, like this one is doing." she said coldly. "So, unless I think your someone worthy to talk to I'm not gonna talk to you. So come back and talk to me when you prove your worth my time." Giselle turned and walked away from Eve not even sparing the girl another glance.

As Giselle walked away from Eve with the intent to head back to her cabin a voice came over the speakers. The S.S. Anne will now depart, please stay safe and be careful on board. We will be arriving at Fuchsia City at noon tomorrow, I hope you all have a pleasant evening," right after that the woman who had spoken earlier added something.

"All battlebots are now online! Enjoy the ride folks!"

Giselle smiled at that but wasn't ready to battle anyone yet. She wanted to wait a bit before she did. Plus she wanted to look around more. See what was on the ship. She had even heard a few excited trainers mention that there were some wild Pokemon on board the ship that could be caught as well. Maybe there might be one that she would want to catch, to add to her team. Another added bonus was that if she used Jet as long as it wasn't a type that would be strong or to hard to damage for him in the battle then he would finally evolve. After a few minutes of wandering around the deck aimlessly she stopped looking in shock as a white Pokemon suddenly jumped out of the water and looked at her challenging way. "What is that Pokemon" she muttered pulling out her Pokedex glad she had brought it with her. Because this was a Pokemon she had never seen back home.

Turning the small pink and black machine on she pointed it at the Pokemon hearing the electronic voice. "Seel the Sea Lion Pokemon. It is Water and Ice Type. Seel hunts for prey in the frigid sea underneath sheets of ice. When it needs to breathe, it punches a hole through the ice with the sharply protruding section of its head. Seel is weak to Grass Types and Electric Types"

"Alright, lets battle this." Giselle smiled putting her Pokedex away and grabbing Rosie's Pokeball because of Seel's type. She knew there were People watching because she heard some people saying about wanting to catch the Seel if she didn't. "I'm gonna catch this thing" she thought determined a smirk forming on her face. "Come on out Rosie and use Leaf Blade on Seel!" she called out as she tossed the Pokeball up into the air. A red beam came from it and her Servine appeared. Rosie took one look at the Seel and ran forward right away her tail glowing a light green. As Rosie got close to the wild Pokemon she jumped in the air doing a front flip and slamming her tail against the Seel making the wild Pokemon cry out and then glared.

Seel took a breath and opened it's mouth still glaring at Rosie as it fired several shards of ice from it's mouth. "Try to dodge it Rosie!" Giselle called out knowing that while grass type moves would be effective against Seel. Any ice type moves, like Ice Shard would be effective against Rosie. So even if her Pokemon was hit by a few of the ice shards, it'd be better than being hit by all of them. Leaving her thoughts Giselle turned her attention back to the battle and watched Rosie move to the side and duck trying to avoid as many ice shards as she could but still getting hit by a few of them. The small grass type though stayed strong and refrained from crying out. "Use Mega Drain Rosie!"

Rosie stopped moving now that the ice shards were gone and glared right back at the Seel. Rosie planted her feet firmly on the ground and extended her small arms toward the Seel. A green beam came from them and hit the seal making it cry out again and seem to weaken some while Rosie seemed to start to look stronger as the attack ended. Right after though the Seel shook it's head and sent a multicolored beam of light from the horn on the top of it's head that slammed into Rosie before both Pokemon and trainer could react.

"shake it off Rosie!" Giselle called out biting her lip before taking a breath "use grass pledge followed by tackle!"

As Rosie began to get ready for the attacks she had been told to use the Seel used Aurora beam again and another multicolored beam of light slammed into Rosie making the pokemon skid back and then fall onto her back knocked out. "you did a great job Rosie, rest up" Giselle said before calling back her fainted Pokemon. "Don't think we're done here Seel" she added pulling out Jet's Pokeball and calling out her Dewott.

"Alright Jet, you take it from here, use Razor Shell". Jet crossed his arms across his chest as he glared at the Seel. He grabbed the two shells from his legs. The shells glowed yellow and Jet ran at the Seel slashing it with the two shells. "Great Job Jet!" she yelled seeing the Seel weak and trying to keep from falling over.

As Giselle pulled out an empty Pokeball she watched shocked as the Seel fell asleep and started to glow a light blue. "I have to try now" She muttered frowning as she saw the Pokemon had used rest. While it did put the Pokemon to sleep if she didn't catch it, then it would be fully healed. Taking a breath she threw the Pokeball at the Seel and held her breath.

Last edited:

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
Years
"Do it again!" the woman yelled, demanding the younger female that stood across from her.

"Ugh! But Aunt Cynthia!" the younger girl whined. "This is the fourth time today! Don't you think my Pokemon need a break?"

Her Aunt scoffed at the ridiculous request. "No way a niece of mine shirks away from her responsibilities! Your Pokemon have grown complacent, and it's my job to change that..."

She simply rolled her eyes. "But you're the Champion! Don't you have a challenger waiting for you back at the league somewhere?"

"All of my battles are booked for a week from today, Melody. Which gives us plenty of time, my dear..."

"...Great." she dryly replied.

"Now, back on your mark ..."

Melody hugged, loudly enough for her aunt to hear, and took her place at the end of the Training Field Cynthia had set up. It was about noon in Undella Town, and the sun shined beautifully against the turquoise ocean-blue. Melody so wished she'd been allowed to go out there today with her Pokemon, but it was a Thursday. An ugly, dreadfully long Thursday. Melody knew all too well that on Tuesday's and Thursdays, she was at the mercy of her ruthlessly strong Aunt Cynthia. Having a relation to the Champion of Sinnoh was nice and it had it's perks, but the training regiment was all the more rigorous and painstaking.

This had been their fourth match today. Champion Cynthia versus Pokemon Model Melody. At least, that's whay the popular RPG game would have said. Melody never understood the point of having a videogame based off of something one could easily do in their everyday life. Cynthia surely didn't mind, she was the star antagonist to at least 3 of those ridiculously long franchises, and she was one of the strongest in every single one. You'd think with such a high bar of expectation in-game, she'd at least fall a little under the ba. But she definitely didn't. Cynthia managed to defeat Melody three out of four times today, only being put on the ropes when melody changed up the way she made her Milotic attack. Now it was time for the fifth bout, and with Melody and her Aunt's Pokemon healed, the referee had no choice bit to remorsefully sound off the start.

"Begin!" he yelled with a single wave of both a red and a green flag.

"Go, Aroma!" Melody yelled with a graceful toss of her Pokeball.

The red and white sphere spiraled in the sky as her Pokemon, Roserade, formed outside of it in a flash of white. With a long yawn and a stretch, Aroma stood with her abnormally colored arms crossed, contemplating something unknown before the battle starts.

"So you chose her again, huh?" Cynthia said with a thoughtful tone. "Okay then! Go, Lucario!"

Her Fighting-type Pokemon arose from his Pokeball in a huge leap as Cynthia tossed her own into the air. With a perfect somersault, he landed nimbly on the ground and affixed his position into a battle stance, ready for Cynthia's first move.

Melody quickly warned her Pokemon. "Okay, Aroma, we haven't gone up against Lucario yet, so we don't really know what he's capable of..." She took a quick look back to her Aunt's Pokemon. Come to think of it, it's been a while since I've seen Lucario in action ... "Make sure you stay on your toes, Aroma!"

"Rose! [Understood, Melody...]" Aroma said with a nod.

They both stood ready, and Cynthis decided that she'd go first. "Lucario! ExtremeSpeed!"

Lucario let out a loud barking roar and vanished in an instant. Melody looked startled, but had no time to react, as Lucario appeared right in front of Roserade and kicked her hard in the face, sending her veering and skidding across the bumpy ground of the arena

"Aroma" Melody called in worry.

"Stone Edge!" Cynthia commanded right after.

"Cario! [I'm on it!]" Her Pokemon yelled after running off to intercept the skyward Grass-Pokemon.

He ran up with an incredible pace. Not as fast as the boost from ExtremeSpeed, but still fast for a regular Pokemon of his shape. Aroma didn't have time to react, seeing as she had only just halted herself from the momentum she'd gained from Lucario's ExtremeSpeed attack. Once Lucario had reached arms distance, pointed stones had hovered around his body in a sort of orbit like matter. The rocks swirled around and each one hit its mark directly, causing some noticeable damage. Roserade's body flew into the air from the powerful rocky attack, and Cynthia didn't let up her combination attacks.

"Now, ExtremeSpeed! Again!" she yelled, relentlessly beating up on Aroma.

Lucario shot up into the air in a blur, punching and kicking on the Roserade as their bodies connected in the sky. The attack went in for the longest seconds of the battle, until the effects of ExtremeSpeed had begun to ware off. Once the flurry of quick attacks had begun to fade, Lucario kicked Aroma squarely in her gut, sending her straight into the earth with a strong and rumbling thud.

"Aura Sphere..." the order came out smooth and assuring, as if Cynthia had prepared this entire battle, and she knew this would be the final attack.

From the air, Lucario cuffed his hands and a blue orb had formed in the center. As its circumference expanded, so did Lucario's arms, giving the energy a concentrated area to form itself around. Once it had reached about the size of a full-blown basketball, Lucario used his direction in the air to come down from the air and push his weight on top of the grounded Pokemon, who was still trying to get up from the ground herself.

The attack connected and dispersed in a huge cloud of light blue dust, clouding Cynthia and Melody from the affects of the attack. The silhouette it formed frightened Melody, who could only pray that Aroma wad still okay and could fight. She had hoped with everything in her that she was able to stand at least long enough for her to comeback with an attack to turn everything around, but when she saw the figure that stood from within the sandy shroud, and no other figure to accompany it, Melody automatically knew the outcome.

Aroma lay silently on the ground, and Lucario stood a few feet away, not looking at the Grass Pokemon. He simply snorted and freed excess dust from his fur, walking back over to Cynthia as he did so. They'd drifted off much further than Lucario had anticipated, surprising himself with how sloppy he'd gotten over the years.

"You did great, Lucario. Don't stress yourself alright?" Cynthia happily said as she patted her Pokemon on the head.

"Car... [Sure...]" Lucario lamented, despite his Trainer's praise.

They both watches as Melody returned her Pokemon to their Pokeball, looking not only defeated, but tired and just downright exhausted alltogether. Melody simply stood in the middle of the arena dumbly, not caring about the judging eyes trained on her.

"Take your position, Melody. The referee will heal Aroma, call out another Pokemon in her place ..." Cynthia said without recalling Lucario.

With a disdainful sigh, Melody walked back over to her starting position and handed Aroma's Pokeball over to the referee. His face only showed his remorse, sympathy that Melody didn't need. She knew that Cynthia had her to herself today, and the lashing her Pokemon were delivering to her own must have been some kind of punishment for something Melody herself couldn't recall doing. Whatever the case, Melody lined herself in the Trainer's block and searched her handbag for her other Pokeball.

"Go, Vanity!" Melody called out.

"Can you still fight?" Cynthia asked her Pokemon after petting his head lovingly. Lucario gave an approving nod and barked happily. "Okay then ..."

The referee was hesitant at first, but, doing his job, he called out the start of the battle. "Begin!"

"Here we go..." Melody lamented.

"Lucario, Aura Sphere!" Her Aunt quickly called out.

"Protect!" Melody yelled back, retaliating quicker than earlier.

The Pokemon were about to collide, all Melody could hope is that she could hold out longer this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back