• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Becoming Reality

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Well I've been thinking. I here everyone talking about how they wish Pokemon were real and what not. Well then say they were becoming real. Slowly but surely actual Pokemon sightings have been reported little by little all across the globe. And with that, all of our normal Earth animals are disapeering at the same rate being replaced by their pokemon counterparts.

How do you think the world, but more importantly YOU would react?
How would the government respond?
Will people panic?
Will Animal Planet have to be shut down?
And exactly what will people say to Ken Sugamori?

Discuss.

Last edited:

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
That would be the best day ever! Unfortunately I don't think that we would be allowed near them sadly. Oh and Ken would become a profit of the new pokemon religion.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
I'd be a bit scared/shocked for about a day or so, then I would get incredibly excited. And I think that because there would be SO many people wanting to start a journey with a Pokemon (think about it, almost everyone played pokemon once. Even if they're not playing the games now, if Pokemon came real, they'd jump straight to it.) and I think it'd slowly become organized and legal into the world. However, I think the Government would be taking so many precautions that they're safe and nothing bad will happen to us, like diseases etc.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
What would i do you ask?That is very simple.I'd be the very best like no one ever was!

I'd probably be happy and shocked at the same time.But if all the animals in the world were replaced by pokemon over one night most people would freak out saying it an alien conspiracy or a military experiment gone wrong.The world would drastically change and no one would trust anyone anymore and amongst the chaos I would rise to be a pokemon master and save the world.

But in all seriousness everybody aren't pokemon lovers like us so i think there'll definitely be a bad outcome if it happen, probably people taking advantage of the unnatural powers pokemon have.

CourageHound

Years
What would i do you ask?That is very simple.I'd be the very best like no one ever was!

I'd probably be happy and shocked at the same time.But if all the animals in the world were replaced by pokemon over one night most people would freak out saying it an alien conspiracy or a military experiment gone wrong.The world would drastically change and no one would trust anyone anymore and amongst the chaos I would rise to be a pokemon master and save the world.

But in all seriousness everybody aren't pokemon lovers like us so i think there'll definitely be a bad outcome if it happen, probably people taking advantage of the unnatural powers pokemon have.

I said slowly and gradually, not over night. That would be outrageous. But yea a bunch of good and bad could happen from pekemon becoming real. I myself would almost explode from excitement/shock at first. But to tell you to truth other than that, given the speculated circumstances, I cant tell you exactly how I would react other than that.

Last edited:

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Quite honestly, I would pass out from the sheer joy of it. It would be different from the games and anime since we're a long way from the technological advances of the Pokemon world though. It would still be awesome.

CourageHound

Years
If i saw say, one of my favorite pokemon just wandering about. I'd try not to faint from joy as I try to approach it. Lol, wat do you guys think wud happen if you brought back a pokemon home to wherever you live?

thor348

That's Oak to You
Years
sorry to post without reading the other posts, i just don't have much time.

i think that it pokemon slowly started replacing the animals on earth, the government would somehow intervene and stop us from coming into contact. to "protect" us hahahaha sill government. anyways, I would some how find/steal a charmander from the government and train it so I can battle and defeat the government to release pokemon into the general public for all to experience. silly i know but I would so try to do that!

CourageHound

Years
Oh! That's easy! But I should probably keep politics and controversial things out of a Pokemon forum.

Too late! Therevare already a few polical threads going around, one of which I actually saw turn into a debate

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
How would people respond-panic, naturally. Especially those not familiar with pokemon. Those familiar, might be overjoyed or something.
It'll be harder to get meat though....if miltank replaces cows and grumpig replaces pigs. Not easy to kill an animal with superpowers.
Politics....well new laws might be made, in order to protect pokemon.
Of course, there might be equivalents of the villanous Teams like Team Rocket that are ready to take advantage of the pokemon.
Science...is going to have a field day with this one. Lots of new studies, basically erasing the ones about animals.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Well then there would finally be something preventing us from turning this planet into trash, as Pokemon would defend nature against heavy industrialisation etc Pandora-style.

As for the whole animal abuse argument. Pokemon are monsters that breathe fire among other things. They will kick your ass and go away if you treated them wrongly.
Except for the weak ones, but why would you force weak ones? lol

Well then there would finally be something preventing us from turning this planet into trash, as Pokemon would defend nature against heavy industrialisation etc Pandora-style.

As for the whole animal abuse argument. Pokemon are monsters that breathe fire among other things. They will kick your ass and go away if you treated them wrongly.
Except for the weak ones, but why would you force weak ones? lol

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years
Umm...i think with the apperence of pokemon half the laws of science will cease to exist....then they'll try to make new ones.

I can also imagine a new breed of poachers...

But what I really wanna know is if the world will reach the "Humans living alongside pokemon" reality as depicted in the anime

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Nah the physics would stay the same, except for what new we would learn from them... I see where you're coming from though. Pokemon seem to pull elemental attacks out of nowhere lol. But otherwise, the pokeball is one of the most questionable parts since it makes the mass disappear WTF.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Don't forget about the medical advances in the Pokemon world. I'm pretty sure we don't have a machine that instantly heals any injury. If you were to lose a battle, it would be a while before your Pokemon would be able to even fight again. And one more thing. Would ten year olds REALLY be able to own such potentionally dangerous creatures? I don't think so.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I think I would paint a rock to look like a poke ball, and then throw it at the nearest Pidgey I find. Assuming HM's also exist, I would love to see how flying works. XD

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
But what I really wanna know is if the world will reach the "Humans living alongside pokemon" reality as depicted in the anime

Well, not immediately I guess. Just wait a few more generations, when humans have adapted to the changes and implemented rules and such.

Back