• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 26, 2017
I was having the same problem with my light platinum from hack. When Percy was catching ARCEUS my game would freeze and I could do nothing about it I am using a GBA emulator and progressed very far with in the game and reset the game multiple times in the problem is still not fixed anyone out there can please help. I want to know what I can do to fix this

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2022
This hack have huge lacking in the beginning of game. I know there are two healing item and two Pokemon, but what if you already waste healing item and you can't process without healing station? I tried talk to mom, but nothing happen. It suppose to be heal the Pokemon. Even Jasime's lab Heal Machine, no response. I think this should add heal station like talk to mom or Heal Machine from lab.

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
To the creator, I hope you will add some new features like Fairy type, BW Repel system, PSS Split, new Abilities and new Moves. Thanks for this Wonderful Hack.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 22, 2017
Help with light platinum

Hey guys I'm new here, hope all are well.

I have a question regarding light platinum. I played it a few years back and just kind of forgot about it so I re-downloaded it and play it on "my boy" on my phone, however this time around the rom gets stuck at the point in the game where all 4 legendaries are fighting. Is there anything I can do about I don't really fancy starting all over again

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 21, 2017
Hey..i'm wondering why there are no computers in pkmn centers for linking :/ I finished the game like 10 times and i can say that with them the game would be perfect..is it possible to put them in like in original roms?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I am currently at the Mt. Winter(or Winder lmao) and I must say that I am really disappointed by this hack.
Yes hack is really beautiful, sprites are amazing, hard to believe they are custom but it have many flaws.
Half of the people in every town/city or Team Steam will repeat same two sentences over and over. XP system is ridiculously weird : You get more XP for level 30 Venipede than level 40 Gardevoir, 14 XP for level 40 Metang etc...Why do you get more XP for not fully evolved pokemon, rather than fully evolved one? This isn't even close to B/W XP system. Team Steam pokemon are so repetitive in every area. In Mt. Winter everyone have 2x Kadabra, Gardevoir and Lopunny, so boring. Also there is many typos, but I can live through that.
And that game breaking bug with 6th gym leader Reyner is just icing on the cake. You have to google out the solution and hope it will work.
This hack needs so much polishing gameplay wise.
I am playing Light Platinum Final version.
Edit :
I finished this at the beginning of Summer and I must say I was very disappointed. This hack was incredibly buggy for a finished hack. So many bugs that should have been solved long ago. NPCs were especially dull, repeating same text over and over. XP did not make sense half of the time. Overall only good things were looks and scripting. I would give this hack 5/10 for todays standard.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
I know this is way after the game came out but i need some help. I started playing Pokemon light platinum on opener on my mac, everything was fine until i tried to evolve feebas with a water stone and the game went to a black screen with glitchy music. This happens whenever any Pokemon evolves and once after a trainer battle. I really need some help if anyone could answer I would be so greatful.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
I know this is way after the game came out but i need some help. I started playing Pokemon light platinum on opener on my mac, everything was fine until i tried to evolve feebas with a water stone and the game went to a black screen with glitchy music. This happens whenever any Pokemon evolves and once after a trainer battle. I really need some help if anyone could answer I would be so greatful.
Possibly an emulator issue. I've heard of other people having similar issues with OpenEmu.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
any idea how I can fix it I really wanna play light platinum. I've googled the problem but nothing related to my issue comes up so I'm not sure what else to do. (also thanks for the quick reply)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
any idea how I can fix it I really wanna play light platinum. I've googled the problem but nothing related to my issue comes up so I'm not sure what else to do. (also thanks for the quick reply)
Maybe try a different emulator. I think VBA-M and mGBA are available for Mac. If not, you could try running a Windows emulator with Wine (I think).

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
What I really want is a detailed explanation of the most likely way to fix this or what emulator to get that I can play light platinum on. I don't want to have to keep checking back here for the solution if you could do that I would be super grateful. (sorry that sounded kinda mean I just REALLY wanna play light platinum.)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
So I tried out mgba and when i tried to evolve feebas the game crashed and said it jumped to invalid address (I don't remember what the address is) is something wrong with my light platinum file or my laptop I don't know what to do

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
What I really want is a detailed explanation of the most likely way to fix this or what emulator to get that I can play light platinum on.
I've never encountered anything like this, so I have no idea what the problem is. I'm just offering suggestions since no one else is.

Back