• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Character Discussion

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah, kinda like that! Except like, our TRio would still have their personal mission of capturing Pikachu so they'd keep track of Ash&co as best they can but also they'd actually be put to work as legit members of Team Rocket and sent on fetch quests or similar. I mean it looks as if this could be a possibility because at this point Giovanni actually seems to like them. <3

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Giovanni did choose them for the mission with Landorus, Thunderus and Tornadus. I wouln't mind a couple episodes of Tracey. I always liked his Scyther.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Perhaps once they get back to Pallet Town Tracey will have an active role for a few episodes. I did like him actually, idk why like everyone else can't stand him. He's a cool dude.

I still can't figure out what they're going to be doing in Kanto though. Like Iris and Cilan expressed interest in seeing what Kanto has to offer, but they're probably just going to stop in at Pallet Town and then head off to XY region. Unless they're going to do some filler in Kanto? idk man it just seems weird.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
The X Y games don't come out until October so I guess they might do some filler. Maybe he'll go back through and meet with people from the Kanto seasons. I hope we'd get to see Brock and Gary again.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
You know what'd be interesting? If we followed Ash, Iris, and Cilan around through Kanto visiting one or two of Ash's friends per episode but maybe so it was like... the friend was the main character for the episode instead of Ash? Do you know what I'm getting at here?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah, that's what I'm kind of thinking. Like Chronicles but with Ash&co as side-characters for the episode. They just happen to be there while other people are doing things. It'd be interesting to see their lives from someone else's perspective, you know?

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I just realized that in the Unova series there is a distinct lack of Professor Oak What do you guys think of Oak being replaced by Juniper? Personally I have to say I prefer Oak.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't really mind. I liked seeing Aurea around rather than Oak. Like I like them both and Oak's really cool but it was nice to have a different Professor as the go-to for a while. And she's cool as well! All science-y and whatnot. Oak's just kind of like a more outgoing version of my grandpa, chillaxing on his farm.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I see what you mean. Juniper is young and ambitious while Oak is old and takes things at a much slower pace. I'm all for anything related to science anyway. I do wish we got to see at least some of Oak though. Its like Ash forgot about him when he went to Unova.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah that's true. I do miss him, but he'll be coming back in for the next series. And probably he'll be around for Decolora as well. There'll be no reason for Ash to use Juniper's Pokémon storage anymore. And he probably won't use the local XY professor's either because XY are probably not going to be ~cut off from everything else~ again because wow that was a mistake that got corrected.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I'm not so up to date with episodes or Pokemon in general anymore, but I've jumped back into the anime at BW2 Episode N. And I am just *loving* N's character. I love how he's retaining his game persona; there are a lot of times where they just don't bother with it in the anime. There are just too many moments I found unintenionally funny with him, his fast speaking and everyone's faces are all o.o, him randomly interrupting the Pokemon fire brigade because he disagreed (made the episode for me) and gah, he brought plot to the anime XD Easily my favourite game - and now anime - character from the series XD

And I don't mind Juniper being in the main episodes more than Oak. If you watch it in Japanese, you get to see Oak every episode anyway :>

Also when did supporters colour change to green?? :O

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Wah it's Jorah?! HI THERE~

N's def a super interesting character. I like how they handled his general philosophy in relation to 'normal' views-there's the conflict there, but both parties are able to understand each others points and that's really important, I think.

....that may be why I didn't miss Oak so much haha. Kind of forgot but yeah watching him after each episode made it feel like he was there for it.

supporters are green since end of february! :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Just curious. Is the Japanese anime slightly more mature than the American dub? I just started watching subs and it seems like it might be.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well... it's less... extremely geared toward children? Like the dub tends to be kind of dull and flat and feels dumbed-down imo. It's not like the sub is super mature, but it doesn't feel as childish as the dub does. I think that's what I'm trying to convey haha.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I see. It is much more interesting than the dub, at least for me. It is a little odd to adjust to the new voice actors,though.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Are you watching things you've already seen dubbed? Because I'm wondering like... is it more interesting because the Japanese is more in-depth, or might it just be the particular episode(s)?

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I think that the dialogue is much more in depth which in turn makes the story much more interesting.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah I can agree to that. I've always been of the opinion that the TPCI scripts have been very bland and the acting stilted, but even more so in Unova. I mean it's... fine, I guess, but it just could be so much better.

Back