• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random Pokémon Artsy Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Starry's Pokémon Drawings~

Just let this thread die. I'm not posting in here anymore.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
....Why is your alakazam preforming a human transmutation.... :scared:

...a what? I don't know what you're talking about, to be honest.

[Edit] Anyway, here's another member of my HeartGold team- my Umbreon, Lucine.

Umbreon2.jpg

Yeah, I didn't spend as much time on this one as I did on my Alakazam one. Oh well, I still like it. xD The background isn't my greatest, but I had fun making it.

~Starry

Last edited:

ShaySkymin

It's thaaaaaank Shaymin time!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 6, 2012
Those are really awesome xD Much better than anything I can do. I would normally be telling you 'they're not cute enough' but this is a total exception.

What program do you use?

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Those are really awesome xD Much better than anything I can do. I would normally be telling you 'they're not cute enough' but this is a total exception.

What program do you use?

Thank you! ^^ I use Photoshop Elements 3, even though it's a 5-year old program, it works for what I use it for. xD

Eh, you forgot to sign the first one.

OT: Great stuff! Waiting for the next one!

Yeah, sometimes I forget to sign my stuff. Oh well. xD Glad you like my stuff, though! ^^

~Starry

ShaySkymin

It's thaaaaaank Shaymin time!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 6, 2012
Thank you! ^^ I use Photoshop Elements 3, even though it's a 5-year old program, it works for what I use it for. xD

Yeah, sometimes I forget to sign my stuff. Oh well. xD Glad you like my stuff, though! ^^

~Starry
Ohhh ok. Ha see, the older programs work better than new ones. I use Photoshop Elements 5.0.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Here's another drawing I did of my Pidgeot, Lani- another member of my HeartGold team. xD She has a Scope Lens over her left eye, which raises her critical-hit ratio (which, coupled with her speedy and accurate attacks, can prove quite useful).

Pidgeot1.jpg

I had fun with this, but omg the feathers @_@ I just gave up after doing them for an hour or so xD Not to mention the file deleted itself while I was working on it, so I had to redo most of it. *growls at Photoshop*

But yeah, this may not be the best picture I've drawn, but I definitely like it. I'm getting better with clouds!

~Starry

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
wow those are amazing. good job cant wait to see what you post next.
btw the umbreon is my favorite

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Nice. I like this one the best. You're pretty good at lighting effects, too!

Thank you! ^^ I try to make nice lighting effects and stuff, they're pretty fun. xD

wow those are amazing. good job cant wait to see what you post next.
btw the umbreon is my favorite

Thanks! ^^ I wouldn't say they're amazing, per say, but I'm glad you like them!

Anyway, here's another member of my HeartGold team- my Red Gyarados, Mazyuun. The purple-pink gem embedded in his forehead is a Life Orb, which raises his attack in exchange for a little bit of his HP (although his defenses and HP are so high anyway, be barely notices that effect).

Gyarados1.jpg

I like the shading and the rain more than the background, personally. I rushed the background, although more focus is on the Gyarados himself, so it's all good. Gyarados is pretty frickin' cool. XD

~Starry

RAGECANDYBAR

+20 HP
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2010
Whoa man these are really cool
Each of them has their own atmosphere to it, and I can see that you like to delve into drawing the more mysterious and dangerous side of Pokemon.

Your own style also shines though here--especially with the shading and the show of personality of each Pokemon. Er, hopefully I'm making sense.

Anywho, while it's good to have a unique style like yours it tends to also be fun to explore other styles; not only would it be a new and possibly challenging experience, it would also serve to improve your art as well as your original style. Shading with odd colours (like purple or orange) tends to produce a really cool effect, so maybe you could try that?

You don't really have to listen to me, but I would love to see some more variation here because you're obviously a talented artist.

Now, moving on to each individual piece, I'd say that the Alakazam and Umbreon were pulled off well. The Pidgeot however, looks a little bit stiff (though I must say the wings are pretty stunning). Maybe you should look up a couple of pictures of a bird in the pose you were going for? From my perspective it seemed like it was about to land and begin some sort of important mission or relay urgent news, but I'm probably wrong, ahaha

I'd have to say that my favourite piece here is the Gyarados; it looks like a hard to pull of drawing, and you've done well on it. The rain is great, but I think you should look at a few references for waves. Either way, those waves are probably better than any of the waves I've ever drawn pff
Also to add more depth, you maybe could have made Gyarados seem longer or blurred his tail just a bit to make it seem more like foggy, stormy, unclear weather. I don't think it would subtract from your focal point either because Gyarados himself has some bright colour on him in the form of the glowing eyes and Life Orb.

And er... I type too much, sorry!
But, I hope I've helped.

Years
Oh snap. Those are incredible. Probably the best pokemon art I've ever seen. That Gyarados would make an awesome background :D

Great job and keep em coming :D I want to see more LOL. May I suggest a Dusclops or Dusknoir one next... ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
oh wow im in love with the gyarados. good job, its so amazing. ^_^

Thank you ^^

Whoa man these are really cool
Each of them has their own atmosphere to it, and I can see that you like to delve into drawing the more mysterious and dangerous side of Pokemon.

Your own style also shines though here--especially with the shading and the show of personality of each Pokemon. Er, hopefully I'm making sense.

Anywho, while it's good to have a unique style like yours it tends to also be fun to explore other styles; not only would it be a new and possibly challenging experience, it would also serve to improve your art as well as your original style. Shading with odd colours (like purple or orange) tends to produce a really cool effect, so maybe you could try that?

You don't really have to listen to me, but I would love to see some more variation here because you're obviously a talented artist.

Now, moving on to each individual piece, I'd say that the Alakazam and Umbreon were pulled off well. The Pidgeot however, looks a little bit stiff (though I must say the wings are pretty stunning). Maybe you should look up a couple of pictures of a bird in the pose you were going for? From my perspective it seemed like it was about to land and begin some sort of important mission or relay urgent news, but I'm probably wrong, ahaha

I'd have to say that my favourite piece here is the Gyarados; it looks like a hard to pull of drawing, and you've done well on it. The rain is great, but I think you should look at a few references for waves. Either way, those waves are probably better than any of the waves I've ever drawn pff
Also to add more depth, you maybe could have made Gyarados seem longer or blurred his tail just a bit to make it seem more like foggy, stormy, unclear weather. I don't think it would subtract from your focal point either because Gyarados himself has some bright colour on him in the form of the glowing eyes and Life Orb.

And er... I type too much, sorry!
But, I hope I've helped.

Thanks, I'm glad you like my style. ^^ I actually do shade with odd colors, usually I use the opposite/close to the opposite color of the creature I'm drawing to shade with (ex: I used blue to shade the Red Gyarados), so I know what you're talking about there.

And I did use a couple reference photos of eagles for Pidgeot, to try to get the proportions and placement of the wings to at least look realistic. xD Birds aren't my strong point at all, I personally specialize in dragonlike wings, but meh.

I would have added more detail to the waves in the Gyarados pic and, like you said, added more depth, but these set of pictures were more to showcase my team rather than look completely realistic. I'll post more drawings later of actual scenes rather than 'portaits', but I do see what you mean, and you're right. Although, I'm personally really proud of it (even though I completely half-assed the water because I was in a rush, haha), it's one of my favorites due to the pose and effects I did.

Thanks for your comment, though, and once I finish posting my HG team, I'll post some other/different stuff I've done. xD

Oh snap. Those are incredible. Probably the best pokemon art I've ever seen. That Gyarados would make an awesome background :D

Great job and keep em coming :D I want to see more LOL. May I suggest a Dusclops or Dusknoir one next... ;)

Thank you ^^ I'm glad you like them! And just to let you know, I don't take requests or anything like that, so don't be surprised if I don't do suggestions that are offered to me... if it's a good idea, I might do it, but otherwise- I have a very busy schedule (school, work, etc.), so in my free time, I like to do what I want to do. xD But a Ghost-type does sound like fun to draw, so I might try to draw one sometime, thanks for the tip~

Anyway, here's the 5th member of my HeartGold team- My male Ampharos, Raijin. An Expert Belt is tied around his neck, which boosts the power of his super-effective moves.

Ampharos1.jpg

I decided to fool around with lighting/shading a bit on this, so it's kinda experimental. Still, it came out alright, so I'm fairly happy with it. The only thing I'm not happy with is the shading on his body, but meh. I know what I did wrong with it, so it's all good. xD

~Starry

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Excuse me, but HOLY **** .

You are completely and utterly, legit.. like, an idol .

Do you have an deviant art account?

Wow, thank you! ^^ My stuff is far from perfect, but I'm glad you like it! And yeah, I do have a deviantART account, my name is Delthero on there.

these are awesome. I love everything!!! Now let us worship the great StarryLatiasGirl!!! hahaha

Thanks! ^^ But please, no worshipping xD

---

Anyway, here's the final member (and Starter Pokémon) of my HeartGold team, my female Typhlosion, Topaz. She doesn't have a hold item, but she has Charcoal designs embedded into her fur that raise her Fire-type moves' power.

Typhlosion1.jpg

Wow, this was so much fun to do. I've never really trained a Typhlosion before now, but I love them to death <3 Although, I really like all of the Johto starters.

Anyway, enjoy! I'll be posting some more stuff later on today.

~Starry

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Anyway, since nobody's commented, here's another thing I doodled that I really like.

(to see the stained-glass without all the effects, click here- http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/wraithphantom73/hoohscribble1.jpg )
hoohscribblefna12.jpg

The outlines for the Pokémon in the stained glass were drawn in a program called Scribblertwo, and everything else was done in Photoshop. c:

So yeah, this is an altar for the Johto Legends and their trios- Lugia and the 3 Kanto Birds, Ho-Oh and the 3 Johto Beasts, and Celebi. c: Above the Birds is Lugia's Silver Wing, and above the Beasts is Ho-Oh's Rainbow Wing. And there's a random guy in the front because I felt like adding a random guy. =P

The Pokémons' anatomy isn't perfect on purpose, btw- I wanted to kinda give it an abstract/spiritual feel, like stained glass sometimes has. I dunno. XD

~Starry

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2023
I really like your take on all the Pokemon, especially Typhlosion! It's really inspired me :) Wish I had a tablet to use for my cheap, non-Photoshop, GIMP. Oh well, there's always good 'ol paper and pencil I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back