• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Update: Got 4th badge
Defeated team rcoket at the game cornor
got silph scope
defeated team rocket at lavender tower and got the silph scope
defeated koga
Got Hm surf
bought a bunch of coins to get ice beam
Grabbed tea
got to saffron city
Defeated team rocket and got the master ball
defeated sabrina
Went through pokemon mansion
defeated blaine
defeated giovanni
went through victory road
defeated elite 4
became champion

proof of becoming the champion:

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'll sign up! I lost my file on my Magmar solo run though when playing through on my old account, Rainbow Arcanine though. I might play that again another day but now for another go at this challenge! n__n

Username: Narnia
Game: Firered
Pokemon: Aerodactyl

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Just completed my solo challenge... its gonna be quick re-cap of how it went:

Hacked in Snorlax
  • Named my rival Loser (it seemed funny)
  • Beat Brock (easy enough)
  • Beat Misty (easy as well)
  • Beat Lt.Surge (I HATE PARALYSIS... all I'm going to say)
  • Beat Erika
  • Beat Koga (I HATE POISON EVEN MORE)
  • Beat Sabrina and did Silph Co.
  • Beat Blaine
  • Beat Giovanni (Won on 3rd attempt - guess third times the charm)
  • Beat my Loser rival (still sounds funny)
  • Cleared Victory Road
  • Loaded up on items/saved/prayed. Its now or nothing...
  • Beat Elite Four
  • Loriel - Easy enough manily spam Tbolt
  • Bruno - Twice on life support, but pulled through
  • Agatha - Moderate
  • Lance - Probably easiest Ice Beam and Tbolt
  • Beat Mr. Loser haha
  • I AM THE CHAMPION!

SNORLAX
Moveset: Surf/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Earthquake

AppleMan

Master Drawer
Years
Finished 4 Pokémon Firre Red Solo runs final teams

Team 1
Honkey/Taurous Lvl 97 F*** Agatha

Team 2
JellyBelly/Tentacruel Lvl 86

Team 3
Liza/ ButterFree Lvl 100

Team 4
Flickr/ Rapidash Lvl 94

Done with Fire Red next Ruby

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Going to second FireRed solo run
Name: Sleeping Snorlax
Game: FireRed
Pokemon: MEWTWO

will hack in at beginning

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
Never tried a Challenge, this may be a good one to start with, I'll go ultimate with pidgeot.

Name: ABGamer
Game(s): Fire Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and Black
Pokemon: Pidgeot

Crystal don't seem to be working so gonna do liquid crystal instead

Last edited:

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Okay so I just did my Mewtwo run in one sitting. Pretty easy. Here's the breakdown:
  • Hacked in MEWTWO
  • Named myself 'Red' and rival 'Green'
  • Picked Squirtle for the heck of it
  • Caught Mewtwo (Lv.3/Modest nature/with moves Confusion and disable)
  • Trained to Lv.10
  • Learned how to catch
  • Beat Brock
  • Beat Misty
  • Beat Rival
  • Got SS Anne ticket
  • Beat Rival
  • Got through rock tunnel with no flash
  • Beat Erika
  • Got a bunch of coins for some TMs
  • Completed Siph Co.
  • Beat Sabrina
  • Beat Blaine (forgot to cap it)
  • Beat Giovanni (again forgot to cap it... blasted speed up button)
  • Beat Rival and Cleared Victory Road
  • Back to Victory Road to train Mewtwo to Lv.66 (learned Psychic)
  • Beat Elite 4 and Champion

Mewtwo
Moveset: Psychic/Recover/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

Proof in spoiler
Spoiler:

Years
I will be doing this challenge:

Name: GameMaster0015(New Youtube Channel where I record LPs and Walkthroughs)
Pokemon: Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken (Most Favorite Pokemon <3)
Single or Ultimate: Ultimate
Games:
-Kanto: Firered
-Johto: Heartgold
-Hoen: Emerald
-Sinnoh: Platinum
-Unova: White

Every game, but Firered will be played on the actual systems not an emulator (I have Action Replay to hack the Torchic in :D) but Firered will have to be on an emulator, because I do not own a Gameshark :( I will be posting updates on this challenge Daily starting tonite at probably around 8:00 P.M (Central Standard Time) and I will begin with Heartgold shortly :D

AppleMan

Master Drawer
Years
After doing so many single challenges how about a ultimate I was wondering if I could Skip Fire Red and do the rest of them after that since I did a lot of Fire Red Message if not okay if so Put me down for a Raichu Solo run in HG/E/P/W2

HG now I got a Raichu
8 Badges in Johto fairly easy
8 Badges in Kanto was way harder
Now Slay Red with a Lvl 100 Raichu piece of cake did I mention I hate torterra

And Emerald was easy and fast for a Raichu
8 Badges Obtained Elite Four Is Dead and so Is Wallace the Champion
Lvl 76 Raichu underleveled solo run AHHAHAH

Ill finish my ultimate hopefully tomorrow with P and W2 with Raichu

Years
Ok so I know I said I wouldn't post an update until 8:00, but I'm fixing to stop playing for right now and watch some TV so I figured I'd go ahead and make an update for you guys so here it goes:

Ok so you said we could hack in a Pokemon so I used Pokegen to make a Torchic Egg that when it hatched was an adamant nature and had it's egg move night slash (you said we could use egg moves) and I generated a code and added it to my game, so with that said here is the update:

-I began the game and got through the deadbeat intro
-I started my Aventure in Newbark Town where I received a Chkiorita from the Town's Professor Elm (Using it for an HM Slave incase you were curious), got a Pokenav from my mom and set off past Newbark Town on Route 29

-After making it past Route 29 I met a kind old man in Cherrygrove City who gave me the Running Shoes

-It was then that I withdrew my Torchic Egg from the PC and ran around town for a couple of minutes to hatch it

-I then proceeded to go back to Route 29 where I trained said Torchic to Level 6
-After that I traveled through Route 30 where I not only received an Apricorn Box from an old man who I suspect to be a pedofile, but I also met Mr. Pokemon and Professor Oak the other pedo living on the Route

-After receiving the Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokemon I got a call from Professor Elm telling me to get back to the Lab A.S.A.P so I proceeded to head back

-On the way back to Newbark I encountered a Redheaded boy who said I was weak and challenged me to a battle which I not so surprisingly won

-After reaching Newbark Town and heading back into the Lab I am then accused of Stealing a Pokemon when Lyra comes in and alerts the cop to the redheaded boy of whom I battle earlier

-After telling the cop the redheaded boy's name was Silver I gave Professor Elm the egg and headed back out

-Once I made it back to Route 30 I proceeded to destroy several trainers on the Route until I arrived in Violet City

-Once I arrived in Violet City I proceeded North to the Sprout Tower where I earned the Elder's respect and recieved TM 70 Flash

-At that point I headed to the Violet City Gym where I battle Falkner and won receiving the Zephyr Badge and witnessing Volcanoes's(Torchic's) Evoluton into a Combusken where he then learned Double Kick and Peck(Which are both freakishly overpowered btw)

-Afterwards I got a call from Elm telling me to go get the egg from earlier from his assistant in the Pokemart, after receiving the egg and exiting the mart I ran into a Girl who said I was talented as a trainer and said I was a good owner to take care of said egg

-I then headed south to Route 33(Could be 32 I don't exactly remember) and battled several trainers making it to the Union Cave

-I began to explore the cave a little bit, but it wasn't too far into the cave when I quit playing

I hope you all enjoyed this little update on my adventure and stay tuned for the next Exciting Part of GameMaster0015's Pokemon Ultimate Solo Challenge!!

I would have posted screenshots of my Combusken, but I can't put Image URLs until I've posted 15 times which I apparently haven't yet XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Dusknoir Ultimate Solo Challenge Diamond 4th Update
Found HM08 Rock Climb and Icicle Plate for being Honest :D
Got The Spell tag from what I think was a ghost lady because she was gone when I came back
After a Bit of Searching I reached Snowpoint City
Deafeated Candice of Snowpoint Gym without a Fighting Move :)
Spoiler:

Witness Sinpol Get Deafeated by Team Galactic and Uxie was taken away, Decided to pay a Visit to Veilstone HQ
Took the Storage Key form Galactic Grunt out Front (When he dropped it and ran away :P)
Found the Galactic Key
Met Galactic Boss Cyrus in Battle for the first time and cleaned his clock and he gave me a Master Ball for courage
Beat Commander Saturn again and Freed the Lake Gaurdians from their painful incarceration
Reached the Summit and watched Cyrus Summon Dialga
Battle with Sinpol to beat Jupiter and Mars
Sinpol Heals my Pokemon and THe Lake Gaurdians Return and Stop Cyrus's Plans destroying the Red Chain
I battle Cyrus one Last Time and Stop Team Galactic's Plans for good
Dawn and Rowan arrive and they tell me I need to Beat Dialga So I catch it first move with a Quick Ball :D Nicknamed it Awesome and Boxed it
Dawn and Rown Congratulate me and I grab the Adament Orb before leaving
I me Flint of the Elite Four asks me to revitalise Volkners Fighting Spirit
So I do so by wiping Volkner's renovated Gym Floor with us unmotivated butt
Spoiler:

And apparently a good beating is what he need because he was motivated again
Saved and Quit for now next time is the Final Update the Pokemon League
----
My Team
Spr_4d_477.png

Boojangles Dusknoir Female Lvl. 78
Moves:Night Shade, Faint Attack, Shadow Ball, Shadow Punch

Mules:
Doofaina/Bibarel
Flyer/Staravia
Crusher/Geodude
----
My Progess
Spoiler:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
After doing so many single challenges how about a ultimate I was wondering if I could Skip Fire Red and do the rest of them after that since I did a lot of Fire Red Message if not okay if so Put me down for a Raichu Solo run in HG/E/P/W2

You've already completed a single challenge in Fire Red for Raichu so you don't need to do so for your ultimate. Your name will not be under the single champion for Raichu anymore though, it will now be under the ultimate challengers.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
Complete Fire Red
RCvlqX4

RCvlqX4
a>
RCvlqX4.png
RCvlqX4.png

Zephyr the Pidgeot
LV. 87
Moves:
Aerial Ace
Wing Attack
Steel Wing
Tackle

Others:
Charmander - Cut
Lapras - Surf and Strength
Spearow - Fly

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
All right - "finished" my solo run with Sebastian the Stoutland through White.

Original post

So - after already beating the entire E4 AND not one, but TWO additional high-level trainers, sitting through the closing credits and even seeing the game tell me "The End," I slogged through pretty much the entire post-game so that Sebastian could level up far enough to at least compete against the level 70+ pokemon he was going to have to face when he RE-challenged the E4. So we went all the way around all the rest of the map and through every single post-game dungeon, cave and route and fought every single post-game trainer, then when we had completed all of the content in the entire game, we went back to the E4, so that Sebastian could beat them for the second time and beat the "champion" (you know - the guy who lost to the guy we already beat the last time).

Sebastian was level 85 going in, with Return, Crunch, Ice Fang and Dig.

Shauntal was okay. Sebastian got Mummy off the Cofagrigus right off the bat, but since his regular ability is Intimidate, it was no big loss, and it was sort of amusing to pass Mummy back to the rest of her team. Jellicent was a bit of a hassle, since its Cursed Body disabled Sebastian's Crunch, but then Drifblim came out next, so Ice Fang was fine, and by the time Chandelure came out, Crunch was working again. Sebastian got burnt by its Flame Body, but it was already far enough down that he KOed it with the next hit anyway.

Grimsley went down pretty easy - mostly Returns and a Dig for the Bisharp.

Caitlin was a bit of a challenge. Musharna and Reuniclus were both bulky enough to survive a Crunch and hit pretty hard in return, and Metagross could've been trouble. I figured it had Earthquake, which made Dig too much of a risk, so I opened with Crunch, which only took about 1/3 of its HP. But then it hit with Giga Impact, which took Sebastian down to a bit less than half, and that was my chance. Since it had to recharge on the next turn, Sebastian used Dig and KOed it before it got the chance to do anything else. Then it was just a matter of chipping Bronzong down with Crunches and that was that.

Marshal was sort of tough. Breloom went down to three Ice Fangs (with a Full Restore after the first one) and got in a Sky Uppercut along the way that knocked Sebastian down to about 1/2. I took a chance and opened against Mienshao with a Return and 1HKOed it. Then Sawk came out. Luckily I decided to give Sebastian a Hyper Potion and got him to 100%, because Sawk's Close Combat took him all the way down to 28 HP (from his then-max of 275). And that was the way the battle went - I'd heal Sebastian, then Sawk would hit for almost all of his HP, then I'd heal him again. I finally got in one shot when he missed a Stone Edge and went for an Ice Fang, hoping for Frz, but no such luck. But a few turns later, he missed with another Stone Edge and Sebastian took the opportunity to KO him with a Return. Then Throh came in, and wasn't as much of a challenge as I was afraid he'd be - he went down to two Returns and only hit Sebastian with a pretty feeble Retaliate. Then Conkeldurr came in - Sebastian opened with Return for a bit more than half of its total and Conkeldurr countered with Hammer Arm, which knocked him down to about 100 points. Another Return and it was over. And lastly Toxicroak. I took the first turn to heal Sebastian and Toxicroak hit him with a Toxic. Dig on the second turn and Toxicroak missed with a Venoshock. Then the Dig hit on the third turn for a 1HKO.

Then we went and fought the guy who had already lost to N the last time through, and mopped the floor with him. Accelgor went down to a single Return (it went first, but missed with a Focus Blast). Druddigon took three Ice Fangs (the first one knocked it into the yellow, but then the second somehow failed to take the less-than-half that was left, so we had to mop up with a third one). We had to chip away at Escavalier with Returns and Digs to take it down, but it was never a threat. Bouffalant was more of a challenge, but it was mostly just a matter of healing off the Head Charge damage and waiting for the recoil to faint it, with one Return along the way. I took the first turn on Volcarona to heal Sebastian, and a good thing, since it opened with Overheat and knocked him back into the red, but that was it. It got in one Quiver Dance while Sebastian took it down with two Digs. And Vanilluxe went down to a single Return.

29efzb8.jpg

And in case I didn't make it clear enough along the way, I just want to hammer on this point - the rule that says that a challenge on Black or White isn't complete until you RE-challenge the E4 is poorly considered and, IMO, should be eliminated. I finished this challenge in part because I didn't like leaving it unfinished, but mostly just so that I could write this post. I really think that that rule should be removed, as all it really accomplishes is that it makes the requirements for "completing" Black and White MUCH higher than they are for any other games in the entire franchise. I could see it if the first time through the E4 was easier than it is in the other games, but it's not. It's pretty much the same as any other E4 challenge, and if anything it's arguably a bit more difficult, because once you're done with the E4, you don't just have to only beat one high leveled trainer - you have to beat TWO. That should be sufficient, particularly since the game itself treats that as "The End." There's simply no justification for having to beat the E4 TWICE to "complete" the game.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
And in case I didn't make it clear enough along the way, I just want to hammer on this point - the rule that says that a challenge on Black or White isn't complete until you RE-challenge the E4 is poorly considered and, IMO, should be eliminated. I finished this challenge in part because I didn't like leaving it unfinished, but mostly just so that I could write this post. I really think that that rule should be removed, as all it really accomplishes is that it makes the requirements for "completing" Black and White MUCH higher than they are for any other games in the entire franchise. I could see it if the first time through the E4 was easier than it is in the other games, but it's not. It's pretty much the same as any other E4 challenge, and if anything it's arguably a bit more difficult, because once you're done with the E4, you don't just have to only beat one high leveled trainer - you have to beat TWO. That should be sufficient, particularly since the game itself treats that as "The End." There's simply no justification for having to beat the E4 TWICE to "complete" the game.

I'm sorry you feel this way but I don't feel it's something that I should change. For one it was there for long before I was running this thread. In not just the solo challenge, but nearly all challenges on Pokecommunity, when played in any region the challenge ends when you beat the champion. Since Ghetsis is not the champion of the Unova region then it doesn't count as a victory. The only exception that I've commonly seen is for the Johto regions where you must beat Red to complete the challenge, and in some cases you have to beat Steven in Emerald. It's not the point to beat the Elite Four twice, the point is to beat the champion of the region. Again I'm sorry you feel this way but it's not something I'm going to change.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I'm sorry you feel this way but I don't feel it's something that I should change. For one it was there for long before I was running this thread. In not just the solo challenge, but nearly all challenges on Pokecommunity, when played in any region the challenge ends when you beat the champion. Since Ghetsis is not the champion of the Unova region then it doesn't count as a victory. The only exception that I've commonly seen is for the Johto regions where you must beat Red to complete the challenge, and in some cases you have to beat Steven in Emerald. It's not the point to beat the Elite Four twice, the point is to beat the champion of the region. Again I'm sorry you feel this way but it's not something I'm going to change.
I understand that you're loathe to change a longstanding rule, and I've noticed that it's a rule that's in place on at least some of the other challenges. Nonetheless, it's still, in my opinion, a poorly-considered and counter-productive rule, since all it really accomplishes is make it such that there's no reason to ever play a challenge on Black or White, since, only because of a fixation on the title of "Champion," completing the same challenge on Black 2 or White 2 is MUCH easier.

It would make sense if the fact that Ghetsis wasn't the "champion" meant that considering the game "complete" once he's defeated made challenging Black or White easier than the others, but it doesn't. For all intents and purposes, they're pretty much exactly the same at that point and if anything, Black and White are already more challenging, since you have to defeat TWO high level trainers after the E4 instead of only one.

Rather than fixating on the word "champion," the goal should be to make the conditions for "completing" the game essentially the same for all the games, so that there's no situation in which players are essentially rewarded for playing one game and punished for playing another. To that end, it's self-evident that the conditions for "completing" Black or White should be the same as the conditions for "completing" Black 2 or White 2 - defeating the E4 and <whoever comes after them>. The fact that <whoever comes after them> possesses the title of "champion" in Black 2 and White 2 and doesn't in Black and White is ultimately a meaningless distinction. If that fact was ignored, then the requirements for "completing" a challenge in any of the four games would be essentially the same. Since it's not ignored, the requirements for completing a challenge in Black or White are much GREATER than they are in Black 2 or White 2, and that simply makes no sense at all.

Again - I can appreciate that you're loathe to change a longstanding rule, and I certainly don't blame you for that and I mean no offense by any of this. It's just that, either way, I still think that it's a poorly considered and counter-productive rule. If nothing else, hopefully these posts will encourage future challenge creators to not include it in their own challenges.

And all that said - thanks, sincerely, for tending to this challenge thread, even in the face of people complaining about the rules... :D

Years
Ik I haven't updated in a while, but I'm going to make this one a very short update so here is what I did

-I made it to Azalea City
-Beat Team Rocket
-Got my 2nd Badge
-made it through Ilex forest
-Made it to Goldenrod City
-Got my 3rd Badge
-Made it to Ecuteak City
-Got HM Surf

Combusken's current Level is 32

Attacks:

-Night Slash
-Double Kick
-Peck
-Bulk Up

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I finally got around to playing some more.
Beat Byron and got my sixth badge.
I also beat Saturn and Mars, and I saved in Mt. Coronet on my way to Snowpoint City.
vs
134.gif

Spoiler:
124.gif

Bewsa
Level 51
Nature: Timid
Ability: Oblivious
Psychic, Body Slam, Grass Knot, Powder Snow

Years
Pokemon emerald solo challenge with Scizor first update:
-changed the starter Trecko to Scizor with A-Starter.
-started the game, changed the battle style to "Set" and text speed to fast.
-named myself Kentaki.
-done the beginning stuff.
-rescued prof. Birch, named Scizor Bug Lady.
-gone to Route 3 to fight with May.
-taken the Pokedex and gone to Petalburg City.
-in the way to city catched the first HM slave - Zigzagoon.
-done the stuff in Petalburg.
-gone to route 104, catched Marill and Taillow.
-gone throught Petalburg Woods, defeated rest of trainers at route 104 (the second half).
-gone throught Rustboro City to Route 116.
-trained Lady at route 116 to level 18.
-gone back to Rustboro to beat Roxanne and gain the first badge.
-moved back to Route 116 to defeat Team Aqua grunt and take back the Devon Goods.
-gone to Rustboro to take the Pokenav from Prestdent.
-saved the game.

Current state of my pokemon:
Bug Lady the Scizor
lv 20
Quick Attack
False Swipe
Pursuit
Focus Energy

HM slaves:
Zigzagoon - Cut
Marill
Taillow