• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
But this guy in Central City lets me write about some ticket and I'm LAUREN PASS
Hm... I went straight to the guy with the boat, who wouldn't let me aboard, and then I remembered the train and just went to the guy "guarding" the train. He let me aboard at once. Don't think you have to do anything else?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Hi I'm new to the site. But I must say that Poke Light Platinum is the best ever.

Thanks Wes.

I've seen a few post on here about trying to run the completed version on Gpsp (GBA emulator for psp)

Many think it doesn't work, I was one of those people till now. After countless hours I have finally figured out a way to get the completed version of Pokemon Light Platinum to run perfectly on Gpsp.

Requirements
Psp with working gpsp (Don't think version matters)
Beta of this game, can be found on wackahack
Completed Portuguese version of the game (English is yet to be released) can be found on Wes' page.

NOTE
If you have problems using save states then this won't work, also when I tried to play this on Gpsp the screen just went white after loading the game, if it does anything other than that I'm not sure if this will work either.

STEP 1
I'm just taking a guess by saying you know how Gpsp works.

The first thing you should do is download the Beta from wackahack, we'll call this PLPB just to make things short.

Take the file that it gives you and place it into your ROM folder of Gpsp.

STEP 2
Run Gpsp. It should pull up a list of all working roms. Select PLPB and run it. (It worked fine on mine, seen some post about the betas not working on Gpsp either. If so sorry but you do need it to be working)

Play the game till you can first move inside your room.

DON'T TRY TO GO DOWNSTAIRS!

In your room just pull up the Gpsp screen and save state to whatever number, it doesn't matter. Just remember what number it is.

Now exit the Gpsp.

STEP 3
You need to download the Completed version of the game, (A .gba file can be found on Wes' site) and before you place this file into you ROM folder you must change the name of it, if we're not allowed to do that sorry, reason being is that if you place it into the ROM folder without changing the name, for some unknown reason it will not show up in rom list while running Gpsp????

I used Pokemon - LP

Now you can throw it into the ROM folder.

STEP 4
Now you need to locate the PLPB_#.svs that you created and rename it to whatever you named the completed version.

Ex: I renamed the completed version to Pokemon - LP so I renamed my PLPB save state to Pokemon - LP_#.svs

STEP 5
Now this is where things get weird.

Run your Gpsp and locate the completed version rom.

Start it.

The screen should just go white and not do anything, mine did.

At the white screen pull up your Gpsp menu.

Now take note, towards the top of the screen you will see the name of the rom you just started. Mine was Pokemon - LP.gba

From here load the save state that you created and renamed to use for this game. It's not over yet though. I thought it would be but it's not.

If it worked, you should be in your room where you saved in the beta. But if you try to move around and go downstairs it won't let you.

FINAL STEP
You should be in your room. So from here pull up your Gpsp menu.

Remember that note I told you to take? Well now look at where the title of the rom is at. It's changed into whatever the beta was called ?????? but dont worry even though the name changed the game didn't.

But from here you will need to use the restart rom option. The game should run and work. Just pick New Game and Happy adventures!!!

Whenever you want to save you must use save state. Saving in game does work, but there's no way to get to it when loading the rom, cause the screen just goes white. Also saving to the same number you used for the beta won't mess things up, cause it saves under a different name.

NOTE
If you leave the game after saving, using save state, and want to come back to it. Do this.

1. Load Gpsp (of course)
2. Run the completed version rom. Ex: Pokemon - LP.gba was mine
3. Load the save state that you created in the beta(should be in your room)
4. Then load whatever save state you used while playing the actual game.

I have proven that this method works on my psp-Phat and my friends psp-go

You can also delete the beta rom without any problems.

THINGS NOT TESTED BUT PLANNED ON TESTING.
Since when using the save state it saves it under the beta name maybe you can load it using the beta rom????

Haven't completed the game but so far so good. EDIT:Beat all but World Championship, Found all legendaries but Kobaruon, Terakion, and Birijon

oddly enough the eng beta1 of light platinum also got a white screen...what version of gpsp did you use? mention if its kai normal or that gpsp j thing please

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
wooo !
i finally finished the game !
with the help of :
KYUREMU Lv. 69
DAiKENKi Lv. 75
LUCARiO Lv. 78
LUXRAY Lv. 81
CHARiZARD Lv. 81

now , the problem , where can i get a gallade ?
is there a gallade in the game , i really want one !

You trained Kyurem and Daikenki? :D
You are pretty patient =)
No there's no Gallade in this game =)

Thanks for the help I have a question, I went elite four I got a ticket but a sailor in the port city of snowce not want to let the mixture
Lauren pass applies to some other port... Seaport or something.

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2014
help me I went elite 4 Lauren Pass won a sailor I will not spare the ship in the Central City on the train

Ok I have thanks for your help

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
i have a week to see what s going with the pokemon light platinum....i would like to ask what is going on with the translation and the bugs...no for release date..but are we close to play the english version??? and what about the bugs??

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2013
How to I reach Thomas, the ghost gym leader? I don't know which portal is it.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I took a vacation and when I came back everyones in trouble with this?

But this guy in Central City lets me write about some ticket and I'm LAUREN PASS
So you won league Zhery? Theres a port in Seanport City go there and go through an open door which will lead you to a dock where a ship is, take that ship to lauren :)

How to I reach Thomas, the ghost gym leader? I don't know which portal is it.
I found it moderately easy, but I forgot the path :p
I reccomend useing save states and save at each warp that has a trainer.

I officialy one this game caught all legendaries and everything, but, the game got deleted -_-. Now I'm waiting for the english one, I also realized Zherys elite 4 has old zhery gym leaders from old beta three, I saw Triton and I think the Groment City gym leader.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2011
hey:)
how can I open pokemon light platinium with advance map, because I get no rock smash, I will make the stones with advance map away, Thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2013
Help

I just got to Dragonbreath City.. Where do I find the gym leader and how do I get into the Team Steam building to the North?

Also, what floor is Waterfall in, in the department store?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
hey:)
how can I open pokemon light platinium with advance map, because I get no rock smash, I will make the stones with advance map away, Thanks in advance
you can't and thats a cheap way anyway go to wesslys zhery league link on the main post it says stuff about where the hms are and about the gym leaders ;)
My VBA screen turns white if i try to play it!
This is for everyone who is having trouble with the white screen...
Get a Ruby 1.0 rom :)
I just got to Dragonbreath City.. Where do I find the gym leader and how do I get into the Team Steam building to the North?

Also, what floor is Waterfall in, in the department store?
Second floor of the department store, and you have to get that after beating wesley which is in that cave in dragonbreathe city I think.....

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2013
ok. So I beat the two commanders of Team Steam in their hideout thing.. What Do I do next? I'm confused.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
Anyone know how to get froslass in this game? Still haven't got the correct answer. My snorunt is almost level 50 and nothing. No evolution stones are working either

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2011
I'm using the Gameboid app on my G2 and haven't had a problem playing ROMs until now. I've tried patching 3 different US 1.0 versions of Ruby and I'm still getting the white screen issue. It says 'Press Start', I do and it kicks me back to my ROMs list.

:(

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2011
Can someone tell me how can i play this game on vBagx because vBagx dont have any option how to chance flash save 128kb hope someone can help me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
Im new to this site and im stuck in light platinum 1.1 complete version
the problem is that in esmerald city just before i enter the city ash and red come and tell me something in portugese and go then i went to the gym and beat it and when i try going to the route above the city 2 team steam grunts will stop me and they wont let me go i talked to red and he's battling a team steam grunt with his gyarados when i talk to him he will say something about not delaying the battle and executing the ingenous plan and now i have no clue what to do can anyone help pls
Thanks in Advance

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2011
Man, where I can get:
Gible
Bagon
Unown

I'm breeding my eevees and tyrogues to try complete pokedex

I just have all starters and the unova's don't got an entrance in pokedex =\

I'm playing since january 28th.

Back