• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Oh boy.. I was saving up my 1st post for something else, but this has been really bugging me...

I'm stuck on how to enlarge the number of blocks a specific tileset has in A-Map. I searched this topic and one of the answers I found was that you can't, which confused me since the A-Map readme says that it's possible to do so by tinkering with Tilesets.ini. Well, i checked out that config file, now I'm just lost on how to actually input the changes I want and have them incorporated into my rom.

Thanks for any help!
There's a way to do it, but it's honestly too much work, and a LOT can go wrong. A hella lot. A nightmare's lot. Woo.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
hello...

I have a question about a text, I never used it before and I heard that it can screw up your rom...

I want to edit the beginning oak text, but when I get the "the legend" where he tells about all the stuff, it's a bunch of symbols and brackets and parantheses. I wondering if I erase this and over write it, it will screw up my game...

so is this the way to do it? erasing and overwriting the text? or is there another way?

edit: I also need to find out ow to edit the text where it says all the text like welcome to the world of pokemon and such

:3

3:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
Here's my problem.

I've correctly inserted, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Budew, Roserade, and Mamoswine. Icons and all, into my Fire Red Rom.

The thing Im having a problem with is Chimchar.

I tried replacing it over Charmander, then Mankey, and both times the front sprite comes out perfect. But the back sprite is messed up. So after that, I will try to repoint it to anoher location, but it doesnt work.

Normally after typing 3A8 into FSF I get 936 and then put that into the Unlz Offset, then I get a pop up saying it has been repointed. But I can only do that once.

2aaiq2u.jpg

Have I reached my limit of insertion?

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Here's my problem.

I've correctly inserted, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Budew, Roserade, and Mamoswine. Icons and all, into my Fire Red Rom.

The thing Im having a problem with is Chimchar.

I tried replacing it over Charmander, then Mankey, and both times the front sprite comes out perfect. But the back sprite is messed up. So after that, I will try to repoint it to anoher location, but it doesnt work.

Normally after typing 3A8 into FSF I get 936 and then put that into the Unlz Offset, then I get a pop up saying it has been repointed. But I can only do that once.

2aaiq2u.jpg

Have I reached my limit of insertion?

NOPE, ITS JUST A PALETTE ERROR I BELIEVE.

MC Blaze

The Breeder
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
Guess who´s back!...

I know someone will get mad at me because of this but, the script to read a sign is the same as to examine an object?
I mean, if I want a text to appear when I examine a door, I put the script as if it were a sign? I think I already messed up my game 4 times over this...

Aljam

Years
Guess who´s back!...

I know someone will get mad at me because of this but, the script to read a sign is the same as to examine an object?
I mean, if I want a text to appear when I examine a door, I put the script as if it were a sign? I think I already messed up my game 4 times over this...

you could make it a person event, put the sprite to a clipboard, and make a flag. when your flag is set, it could hide the sprite (hidesprite function). Hope this helps ;)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Is there an offset in firered that allows you to only bike(that means, you can't walk on it or get off your bike while on it) on a certain block?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Yes, I believe there is.

I don't know what it is, but you might want to go check cycling road. ;3
It uses that offset.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Actually, you guys should probably just check the map script for Cycling Road - it's probably a Special command, which would make use with scripts (dunno if it would necessarily work however) :\

If not, it's implemented in the tiles, so you could pass that effect to the tile you wish to use.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
How can I make an event like snorlax in FRLG, but in emerald. I will make an for exemple makuhita event with his ow sprite on the map and after battling it dissapear. Witch tool I need for this thing?

I downloaded rpg maker xp and show the tut but I even dont know ho to install. i install the 2 Programs on it on the setup, but then if I start the program it wont go????

Last edited:

Thunderwolf1989

Ninetales fan! Ground trainer
Years
I was having trouble with the cave warps, that they didn't work. I searched and found several people asking about the same thing...

When there's a cave, the tile on which the warp itself is, needs to be the exact same as the one like in the other caves. Although it looks exacly like a normal cave-tile, that cavetile is on a different block entry (the rightmost tile from the upper row of it's tileset) opposed to the normal one (2nd tile, upper row).

That way the cave warp works...

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
How can I make an event like snorlax in FRLG, but in emerald. I will make an for exemple makuhita event with his ow sprite on the map and after battling it dissapear. Witch tool I need for this thing?

I downloaded rpg maker xp and show the tut but I even dont know ho to install. i install the 2 Programs on it on the setup, but then if I start the program it wont go????

You will need XSE and learn how to script wildbattle events.

MC Blaze

The Breeder
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
you could make it a person event, put the sprite to a clipboard, and make a flag. when your flag is set, it could hide the sprite (hidesprite function). Hope this helps ;)

...I'm sorry, I'm kind of new in the hacking bussiness, so... What!? I know you're
trying to help but I can't understand it, could you be clearer?

Sonic YE

Pokemon Special Fan
Years
Hi,

I saw this question in a FAQ or something recently, but I would really like if someone can help me about it, since there's no answer. My Andvance Mart and Advance Text don't launch anymore! Sometimes, I get a simple sound of error and nothing, sometimes I get this: Component 'comctl32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correcly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I tried download again AM and AT, download the comctl32.ocx, nothing.

It's very frustrating, since I liked a lot those two softwares.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Aljam

Years
Hi,

I saw this question in a FAQ or something recently, but I would really like if someone can help me about it, since there's no answer. My Andvance Mart and Advance Text don't launch anymore! Sometimes, I get a simple sound of error and nothing, sometimes I get this: Component 'comctl32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correcly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I tried download again AM and AT, download the comctl32.ocx, nothing.

It's very frustrating, since I liked a lot those two softwares.

Thanks a lot for your help,

did you try registering them with the command prompt? Sometimes you have to do that. to do that, open command prompt as an administrator and the system32 folder will automatically open. Then type in regsvr32 comctl32.ocx and then a box wil pop up and say "component comctl32.ocx has been correctly registered." Hope this helps. ;)

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
Not sure if this is necessarily a question, but I'm looking for Emerald offsets. These, to be specific:

Front Sprite Table for the Frames 1 & 2
Back Sprite Table
Front Palette Table
Back Palette Table
Enemy Y Table
Player Y Table
Enemy Altitude Table
Icon Sprite Table
Icon Palette Table
Icon Palettes
Species Names

What I'm going to do with these offsets is make an Emerald ini for RHXP using them. But I don't have a lot of time to look for the offsets, so PM me with them, should you have any.

AaronB

Noob Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
1. When i make a new map, it is always called PALLET TOWN after i insert it and when i change it, all the PALLET TOWN s change. How do i give a new map a new custom name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back