• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Frozen Cave [Ice Pokémon Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

The ★ Frozen ★ Cave

Welcome to the Frozen Cave, the place for ice pokemon lovers.
Here we'll discuss ice types and anything concerning them. Make yourself at home and grab an Ice Cream cone, Ice pokemons are delicious
Be active – there's snow way out once you're in.

tumblr_mbafmuPYxh1qlpahho1_500.jpg

Rules

All PC rules apply, and respect everyone.
Also make sure to keep updated on the Pokémon Clubs Rules!
Zero tolerance for flaming/trolling/baiting.
Any member here is more than welcome to start a topic. However, don't start a new topic if the current one hasn't died down for more than 1 day.
Be active and have fun!

Sign-up

Name :
2 Partner Pokemon :
Why: Any reason why you want to join?
Answer the current topic!

Partner Pokemon

dewgong.png
cloyster.png
smoochum.png
jynx.png
lapras.png
articuno.png
sneasel.png
weavile.png
swinub.png
piloswine.png
mamoswine.png
delibird.png
snorunt.png
glalie.png
froslass.png
spheal.png
sealeo.png
walrein.png
regice.png
snover.png
abomasnow.png
glaceon.png
vanillite.png

vanillish.png
vanilluxe.png
cubchoo.png
beartic.png
cryogonal.png
kyurem.png
rotom-frost.png

Members

° Avishka
144MS.png
131MS.png

° Galoria
478MS.png
471MS.png

° Icy Burn
646MS.png
225MS.png

° CourageHound
Ani473MS.png

° Iloveeevee
471MS.png
363MS.png

° [supporter]Pave Low[/supporter]
478MS.png
362MS.png

° [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]
471MS.png
584MS.png

° Fuyuki~
471MS.png
144MS.png

° AlexOzzyCake
361.png
361.png

° 27thColt
365.png
361.png

° Seraphimon-sama
471.png
646.png

° Oshamaru
471.png
582.png

° Aisu
461.png
615.png

° Cirno
471.png
473.png

° IcicleBunny
471.png
215.png

° Fantasy IV
461.png
473.png

° IcicleBunny
471.png
144.png

° pokemanmdj
091.png
479-frost.png

° Shayminlover123
131.png
461.png

° synerjee
471MS.png
131.png

° Boilurn
584MS.png
091.png

Topics

° Which is your favorite Ice Type Pokemon and why?
° Which Ice-type pokemon do you like the least and why??
° How would you buff ice types in general to improve in battle?
° Since hail teams are not so used in OU, what do you think about hail teams? What kind of updates should they make to make it competitive?

Banner & Usebars

ptplrq.png

by KirakonGxi

Feel free to make some!~ <3

CSS by Avishka

Last edited:

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Name : Galoria
Two partners :
froslass.png
glaceon.png

An explanation inexplicable. They are beautiful and cute for the most part. Unfortunately they are so few have this kind of type!
I will be glad to see more of Ice-Type Pokémon to be honnest.

With the experience of fighting Pokémon, I see mainly in OverUsed teams that there is only one Pokémon often used. About the power that is too bad that side. But on the other hand, they are so cute and graceful.
And on the other hand, I love the snow. The snow and calm atmosphere.

Current topic:
It would be Glaceon without one doubt.
Glaceon is graceful, with her ​​pretty little bangs. And it has remained my favorite Pokémon Leafeon. I love to use them in a double.
I love to use Glaceon with Abomansnow theheh.

Last edited:

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
Name : Icy Burn

2 Partner Pokemon :
kyurem.png
delibird.png

Why: Any reason why you want to join? Well, they're quite cute and agile. Of course, not as amazing as Dragon Types ...

Answer the current topic! Delibird, because he's like a christmas bird thingy. :c

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I'd like to join!

Name: CourageHound
2 Partner Pokemon:
614.gif
473.gif

Why would you like to join: Aside from ice types being a very "cool" type, two of my favorite pokemon are ice types. As such I would greatly enjoy tallking about them and evrything ice types have to offer.
Current Topic: What is your favorite ice types and why?
My favorite ice types are a toss up between Beartic and Mamoswine. Both very big, powerfull, and adorably fluffy(more so mamoswine). Theyre also based on some of my favorite aninals. Overall I think theyre both awesome.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Name: Iloveeevee
2 Partner Pokemon: Glaceon & Spheal

What is your favorite Ice types and why?
Glaceon because I love Eevee and all the eeveelutions and it's also very cute. Spheal because it's so cute and adorable. :)

Reactions: EB
Years
Name: Pave Low
Partners: Glalie and Froslass
Why would I like to join: Ice is cool (see what I did there? :3)
Glalie, has been since I first saw it in the anime. I just think it's an amazing all-round Pokemon; powerful, charming, cunning.

Who said sign-up forms need to be long?

Years
I joined the past incarnations of this club so why not sign up again?

Name: Hikari10
2 Partner Pokemon: Glaceon & Vanilluxe

What is your favorite Ice Type Pokemon and why? For me, I'd have to say the Vanillite line, Cubchoo and Glaceon cos they are so adorable and I like their designs. Glaceon is also one of my fave Eeveelutions.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome to the club guys!~ :D :D :D

Name : Galoria
Two partners :
froslass.png
glaceon.png

An explanation inexplicable. They are beautiful and cute for the most part. Unfortunately they are so few have this kind of type!
I will be glad to see more of Ice-Type Pokémon to be honnest.

With the experience of fighting Pokémon, I see mainly in OverUsed teams that there is only one Pokémon often used. About the power that is too bad that side. But on the other hand, they are so cute and graceful.
And on the other hand, I love the snow. The snow and calm atmosphere.

Current topic:
It would be Glaceon without one doubt.
Glaceon is graceful, with her ​​pretty little bangs. And it has remained my favorite Pokémon Leafeon. I love to use them in a double.
I love to use Glaceon with Abomansnow theheh.

yeah there are only 32 or so ice type pokemon only. D: D: i want mooore ice types!

Name : Icy Burn

2 Partner Pokemon :
kyurem.png
delibird.png

Why: Any reason why you want to join? Well, they're quite cute and agile. Of course, not as amazing as Dragon Types ...

Answer the current topic! Delibird, because he's like a christmas bird thingy. :c
gotta agree about with the christmas bird thingy xD

I'd like to join!

Name: CourageHound
2 Partner Pokemon:
614.gif
473.gif

Why would you like to join: Aside from ice types being a very "cool" type, two of my favorite pokemon are ice types. As such I would greatly enjoy tallking about them and evrything ice types have to offer.
Current Topic: What is your favorite ice types and why?
My favorite ice types are a toss up between Beartic and Mamoswine. Both very big, powerfull, and adorably fluffy(more so mamoswine). Theyre also based on some of my favorite aninals. Overall I think theyre both awesome.
tha's some nice partner pokemon

Name: Iloveeevee
2 Partner Pokemon: Glaceon & Spheal

Glaceon because I love Eevee and all the eeveelutions and it's also very cute. Spheal because it's so cute and adorable. :)
spheal is sooo cute <3333

Name: Pave Low
Partners: Glalie and Froslass
Why would I like to join: Ice is cool (see what I did there? :3)
Glalie, has been since I first saw it in the anime. I just think it's an amazing all-round Pokemon; powerful, charming, cunning.

Who said sign-up forms need to be long?
yeah xD

I joined the past incarnations of this club so why not sign up again?

Name: Hikari10
2 Partner Pokemon: Glaceon & Vanilluxe

What is your favorite Ice Type Pokemon and why? For me, I'd have to say the Vanillite line, Cubchoo and Glaceon cos they are so adorable and I like their designs. Glaceon is also one of my fave Eeveelutions.
all ur fave ice pokemon are sooo cute <33

time for a new topic:
Which Ice-type pokemon do you like the least?

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years
Current Topic:
What Ice Type Do You Like the Least?

O.o ....Ok my least favorite is Jynx. Sorry for all you Jynx fans out there but, its just so disturbing to me Dx, and I rarely say that. Whats worse is that during her sprite animate her lips oscillate >.> . Smoochum is kinda cute imo but Jynx? Naw...But be honest. Who would want to be kissed by jynx?

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Current Topic:

Only one name Delibird.
Because it is Delibird.
No...Really...Delibird is one of the worst Pokémon that I have ever seen!
It is so useful that it helps better opponent than his own trainer, is that not crazy? :3
Anyway it is nice to fill your party with Delibird when it is Christmas xD
Delibird is well designed in my opinion, and funny, but so usless...What a pity!

Oh, there is only one thing that Delibird is useful in Christmas, or even, the other days...Here is you answer:

Spoiler:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Current Topic:

O.o ....Ok my least favorite is Jynx. Sorry for all you Jynx fans out there but, its just so disturbing to me Dx, and I rarely say that. Whats worse is that during her sprite animate her lips oscillate >.> . Smoochum is kinda cute imo but Jynx? Naw...But be honest. Who would want to be kissed by jynx?
why the shocked expression?? xD XD
brock would like to be kissed by jynx xD XD

My least favorite Ice-Type is Cryognal. It's hideous and it is kinda weird.
Another one I'm not so fond of is Glalie, it just looks... quite frightening, actually :S And it has a constant angry face, like what are you so mad about you're a floating ice ball xD It's just creepy.

CourageHound

Years
Current Topic:

Only one name Delibird.
Because it is Delibird.
No...Really...Delibird is one of the worst Pokémon that I have ever seen!
It is so useful that it helps better opponent than his own trainer, is that not crazy? :3
Anyway it is nice to fill your party with Delibird when it is Christmas xD
Delibird is well designed in my opinion, and funny, but so usless...What a pity!

Oh, there is only one thing that Delibird is useful in Christmas, or even, the other days...Here is you answer:

Spoiler:

Umm...:surprised:. Maybe the value of a pokemon isnt measured in its effectiveness in battle but a trainer's general fondness of it as a pokemon? Thinking about it, I would say like deliberd not because how often it could win me matches, but how Deliberd is portrayed as a happy-go-lucky pokemon that likes to share nice gifts with others. Ya dont like how deliberd performs in battles? Then why dont ya go take your lucky pokemon to PokeStar studios, pokemon contest, pokemon musical or something. That way you can both have fun :).

Originally Posted by Avishka
My least favorite Ice-Type is Cryognal. It's hideous and it is kinda weird.
Another one I'm not so fond of is Glalie, it just looks... quite frightening, actually :S And it has a constant angry face, like what are you so mad about you're a floating ice ball xD It's just creepy.

I always thought cryogonal and glalie to be like cousins or something. But yea I do agree that their appearences are somewhat uninviting. Especially if you ran into an angry Glalie in an Ice Cave PX. Cryogonal cuz...i dunno cyborg like pokemon that also lack the visible facial features kinda weird me out too. But I always thought Ash's Glalie to be kinda cute ;).

@Avishka Sorry to bother but my Beartic's sprite isnt showing up in the member's pannel

Last edited:

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
Name: Fuyuki~
2 Partner Pokemon: Glaceon and Articuno I guess.
Why: Because I love Ice Types... I suppose.

Deliberd in terms of usefulness. I mean, it only has one move in its movepool, a limited movepool through TMs and Tutors, and has horrendous base stats as well as a double weakness to Rock. No thanks.

Design-wise, I'd say Snorunt. I doesn't even look like an Ice Type. Eh.

Years

Definitely Jynx, it looks hideous and a poor defensive typing not to mention she was involved in racist controversy? I actually hated her looks to start off with.

Delibird may look cute, but its stats and movepool suck as well as a double Rock weakness. I do like using it for Christmas though.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I always thought cryogonal and glalie to be like cousins or something. But yea I do agree that their appearences are somewhat uninviting. Especially if you ran into an angry Glalie in an Ice Cave PX. Cryogonal cuz...i dunno cyborg like pokemon that also lack the visible facial features kinda weird me out too.
cyborg like pokemon???

But I always thought Ash's Glalie to be kinda cute ;).
well that's bcuz Ash's Glalie is not always angry xD XD
Spoiler:

@Avishka Sorry to bother but my Beartic's sprite isnt showing up in the member's pannel
Oops! sorry i was in hurry so i must have forgoten to add it thanks for telling my btw :D

Name: Fuyuki~
2 Partner Pokemon: Glaceon and Articuno I guess.
Why: Because I love Ice Types... I suppose.

Deliberd in terms of usefulness. I mean, it only has one move in its movepool, a limited movepool through TMs and Tutors, and has horrendous base stats as well as a double weakness to Rock. No thanks.

Design-wise, I'd say Snorunt. I doesn't even look like an Ice Type. Eh.
welcome to the club Fuyuki~!!!
gotta agree with u about Snorunt. it's doesn't look like ice type pokemon

Definitely Jynx, it looks hideous and a poor defensive typing not to mention she was involved in racist controversy? I actually hated her looks to start off with.

Delibird may look cute, but its stats and movepool suck as well as a double Rock weakness. I do like using it for Christmas though.

gootta agree about Jynx
it doesn't even look like ice type pokemon

CourageHound

Years
@avishka yeah by cyborg Pokemon I mean genderless(or not) Pokemon that look like to have relations with mechanisms or machinery. Like klingklang, magnemite, and the regis. I mean cmon, cryogonal fits that catagory veerry well.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
@avishka yeah by cyborg Pokemon I mean genderless(or not) Pokemon that look like to have relations with mechanisms or machinery. Like klingklang, magnemite, and the regis. I mean cmon, cryogonal fits that catagory veerry well.
gotta agree cryogonal definitely fits the category xD

i think it's time for a new topic
Which do you think is the most unique Ice type Pokémon and why?

CourageHound

Years
Answering Current Topic:

In terms of uniqueness what instantly comes to mind is Rotom-Frost. Not only is it the only Ice-Electric type but can also rotate through numerous forms to acheive different types and advantages. I beleive rotom is unique in that reguard.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Answering Current Topic:

In terms of uniqueness what instantly comes to mind is Rotom-Frost. Not only is it the only Ice-Electric type but can also rotate through numerous forms to achieve different types and advantages. I believe rotom is unique in that regard.
rotom is an unique pokemon :3
...the Pokémon that instantly came to my head was Froslass. Ice/Ghost is an incredibly surprising type combination and it's design is unique and This "body" resembles a kimono xD XD

CourageHound

Years
I would also say the vanillish line would also be unique as the only "Edible" ice type. Not that i would ever try >.>. My friend said that if you would try eating a Vanilluxe it would freeze you from the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back