• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

On the Spotlight No More

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Okay, let me try at this thing again.

I will be taking a chance to battle and see if UU is indeed a more fun tier to play with than OU. However, to tweak my chances of winning, I thought "Why not use those Pokemon who used to be in the OU/BL/Uber tier in fourth gen, and see how well they would fare against the other teams of this generation. So without further ado. Here it is.

At A Glance.

442.png
330.png
68.png
151.png
145.png
197.png

In-depth.

442.png

Bronzong@Leftovers
Sassy/ Levitate
252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball
~ HP Ice
~ Earthquake

330.png

Flygon@Choice Band
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Outrage
~ U-Turn
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Claw

68.png

Machamp @Leftovers
Adamant/ No Guard
212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
~ Substitute
~ DynamicPunch
~ Stone Edge
~ ThunderPunch

151.png

Mew@Life Orb
Timid
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Nasty Plot
~ Psyshock
~ Aura Sphere
~ Roost

145.png

Zapdos@Leftovers
Timid
~ Thunderbolt
~ Heat Wave
~ HP Grass
~ Roost

Still deciding on the sixth slot, but I am considering Umbreon as my Wish-user for a great HP boost.

197.png

Umbreon@Leftovers
Careful
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
~ Wish
~ Payback
~ Heal Bell
~ Protect / Toxic

Cannot decide whether to put in Protect or Toxic.

Any suggestion is more than welcome! Also, help on deciding who to put on the last slot. Thank you!

Years
Well, for Mew I suugest that you should use some other attacking move over Roost because otherwise Spiritomb will wall it cold. And For me I use this set:
Mew @ Life Orb
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

I choose Ice Beam because it destroy Flygon, the one that just drop from OU this generation. Mew bulk can take one Outrage even from banded Flygon, then NP as Flygon confused or switch out.

It's just my oppinion. Its your team so it's your decision.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
Actually, I really hate that Life Orb recoil, so I put in Roost there. Any way to compensate for this? Without removing Roost?

Years
You have wish in your umbreon so mew can get some recovery. Actually, after Nasty Plot, Mew can 2HKO most Pokémon in the tier, so recoil 10% is not much a problem. With minimum HP, mew gonna take more than it recovered during roost turn.

miltankRancher

Years
So I will do this set?

Mew@Life Orb
Timid
~ Nasty Plot
~ Psyshock
~ Aura Sphere
~ Ice Beam

Do we have other choices over Ice Beam?

Years
Maybe you can use other move on it, because mew movepool is frigin' wide. You can use Rock Polish to outspeed offensive team, or Flamethrower to destroy Brozong. But Ice Beam is a good choice since it kill other Zapdos mercilessly. You can also use baton pass to pass NP to Zapdos.

Back