• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want to see a pokemon snap sequel?

Icecream_pokemons

Y u hate on icecream pokemon?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2013
YES! I never played it but it seems so awesome and cool! I would love to play it!

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
Years
I'd love a Pokemon Snap sequel. Or maybe(If worked well on) add a Pokemon Snap feature to a future pokemon game. But I think it would be less risky just to do a sequel. Hell, I'd even like to see a Hey you pikachu sequel.

Years
I have fond memories of playing Pokemon Snap on the daycare's N64 years and years ago. Everyone else wanted to play Mario 64, but not me. The thing that Snap preserved was a sense of wonder and discovery that I've always loved about the Pokemon series - sometimes if you threw stuff at one place, a new pokemon would come out or perform a surprising action - I'd love to see a next-gen gloss of paint and more Pokemon, especially the chance to get to snap pics of Rayquaza in flight.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Yes! It would be fun to have a modernized sequel for the 3DS! The AR would be great
ec20fb7f.gif

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
...sort of. I have this horrible feeling that if they DID make a sequel, it'd have some godawful gimmicky gameplay mechanic, and whilst I am all for innovation, in this instance I'd rather Nintendo just stuck to the formula as closely as possible. The thought of having a Pokemon Snap game on the 3DS similar to the Dream Radar, where you take pictures of Pokemon with the 3DS camera, makes me shudder, and that is exactly the kind of thing I can see Nintendo doing. Or, alternatively, one that involves using the Wii U gamepad like an actual camera in conjunction with the TV screen. Neither sounds appealing to me, and both sound likely, so if they are at all likely, I'd prefer it if they didn't bother.

As a side note, if they were going to make a sequel, I'd rather they didn't unless they intended to include every Pokemon, as well. Not being able to obtain everything in the most recent Mystery Dungeon game and the Ranger titles was bad enough; it makes the games feel incomplete.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
I didn't like Pokémon Snap because of it's weak gameplay fun.
The game just didn't looked right in my opinion.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Pokémon Snap did get ever so slightly boring after a couple of hours of gameplay ... As Infinitum correctly said, it just doesn't look 'right'.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
I personally have never played Pokemon Snap, but I think it'd be really cool to see a sequel or even a remake on the 3DS. The camera feature and dual screens would be cool, although I wouldn't want anything too gimmicky.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
I think that a 'sequel' on the 3ds would be pretty neat. Like, you'd actually have up and move around to find the pokemon. I doubt it will ever be made, but it would be cool to play.

Thief

The Dark One
Years
I remember seeing the guidebook for this game when I was on holiday once, when I was little. I bought it straight away and read it from cover to cover. Desperately wanted to play Pokémon Snap but still have never had the chance to. So I'd love a sequel, or at the very least a remake. Just to fulfill the wish of my younger self.

Back