• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Broken Beacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
No Sinnoh Pokemon outside of the starters either D: Gah I should of been more clear in the original post xD And even if you don't win, you'll still make a minor appearance in the game as a random trainer.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Name: Samus
Appearance: Ok so samus has black hair and wares a suit (Black trowsers, red tie, white colared shirt, black waste coat and back etc) hes not massively tall, just about the right size for his age...
Pick one of four: Envy
Pokémon: Would it be ok to use normal type pokemon?!?!? If so these:
Persian
Snorlax
Absol
Ditto
Raticate
If i cant reply and ill post different pokmon

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Name: Samus
Appearance: Ok so samus has black hair and wares a suit (Black trowsers, red tie, white colared shirt, black waste coat and back etc) hes not massively tall, just about the right size for his age...
Pokémon: Would it be ok to use normal type pokemon?!?!? If so these:
Persian
Snorlax
Absol
Ditto
Raticate
If i cant reply and ill post different pokmon

No, only Bug, Electric, Fighting, Rock, Steel, Water and Ice types are allowed. And Absol is a Dark-type.

Years
isnot ur forlt i ish stoopd k?

Aaanyway, edit:

No chance of winning:

Name: Haroun
Appearance: Tall for his age, Haroun is a medium-toned boy with short black hair. He wears a long, pale red/pink robe over a white, oversized shirt (which stretches down towards his thigh area). He is bare-footed and has a joyous, yet slightly vacant, look on his face. Haroun has blue eyes and is moderately skinny, and insists of wearing a black wristband on his left hand.
Personality Option: Envy
Pokémon: Glalie, Jynx, Sealeo, Seel, Lapras.

There you go.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
Name: Foxary
Appearance: A girl who is full of confidence even if she's losing.Her clothes descriped her.Wore Blue-black jacker , long tight jeans and her hair covered her shoulder.
Pick one of four: Lust
Pokémon:
Steel - electric
1.Electrike evo.. forgot the name rofl..
2.Raichu
3.Magneton
4.Steelix
5.Unexpected pokemon - Registeel

Bug
Electric
Fighting
Rock
Steel
Water
Ice

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Name: Volcar
Appearance: Volcar is tall, skinny, with a red hair. He wears a Black jacket, a brown T-shirt, a black boots, and a blue short. His eyes are Brown.
Pokémon:
Rock:
Kabutops
Aggron
Armaldo
Aerodactyl

I think this is a bad one :[

Last edited:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Name: Auro
Appearance: Auro has silver hair with a blue streak in his bangs (picture Lance of the E4). He is of average build, and is very pale. He has violet eyes, and (if possible to sprite) a scar on his left eye from his Sneasel. He wears a heavy black clerics outfit fit for the snowy climate he resides in. The collar is fur-lined. He wears an off-white cloak over this. He also wears fur-lined black snowboots. (Could be more descriptive if needed.)
Pick one of four: Sloth (ironic b/c he tends to be the go-to guy)
Pokémon: Ice
Glalie
Jynx
Sneasel (strongest)
Piloswine
Lapras (2nd strongest)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Name: Alejandro
Appearance: Black robe (skintight until it flares out for the bottom) with silver stripes running down the sides of the arm and sides of the robe. Black hair in a fauxhawk with silver tips on the 'hawk.
Pokémon: Steel
~ Skarmory
~ Steelix
~ Mawile
~ Forretress
~ Metang

Thought Metagross would probably be too uber, but if not, Metagross instead of Metang.

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Ok...after seeing that Fire Types aren't a choice...here we go again.

Name: Ryan
Appearance: If I was able to sprite, (I fail miserably) I would just make it. But here is the best I can come up with, description-wise.

Slightly taller than average, around 5'10". Average build.
Black hair with bangs in front to reach eyes, but not cover them. Dark red streaks going through hair as well.
Somewhat of an evil grin (NOTE: he is not intended to be evil, he is just mysterious like that.)
Plain Black trench coat (open) Dark red T-shirt underneath.
Black pants with red accents.
Black boots

Pick one of four: I would say Greed, but seeing as you didn't include that...I guess Envy would work.

Pokémon: Fighting

Poliwrath
Heracross
Blaziken
Hitmonchan
Medicham

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Name: Muyiwa
Appearance: Of an african heritage (A black guy, yay :3). Quite tall, about 5"11 to 6 ft. Has quite short hair and prefers to wear a plain white T Shirt and skin tight Jeans. Sometimes wears cool shades and has a cocktail stick in his mouth. Always seen with a grin (not creepy though). Not too muscular, on the slim side (not anarexic). Converse style trainers. ;P
Pokémon: Water Types

Gyarados
Kingdra
Lapras
Empoleon
Milotic

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Like everyone's saying, brilliant work. Only thing that's bugging me are the few grammar errors in the first post, although that's more a personal vendetta against things like that than an actual problem :P Keep it up ^^

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
havnt commented on this but it looks great and i wanna be in it ;)

Name: Kian
Appearance: Average hieght for a 13 year old, hair kinda emoish but a bit shorter and blonde, clothes: white Tuxedo With some nice smart shoes, He has a pair of shades in his tux, has an expensive ring on his hand, and a gold neckless.
Pick one of four: Lust (he lusts after all these differant women the first time the player meets him)
Pokémon: Blastoise, gyrados, Kingdra, Kingler, Milotic
Type: Water

if these are too strong feel free to lower the levels and de-evolve them

I wouldnt mind be any sort of trainer really what ever works for you i guess its your game ;)

hope this is descriptive enough, and good luck with the rest of your game

~Kian~

EDIT: Just noticed someone above with similer stuff Sorry :/

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I'd comment on the story, but I really don't know how to. It's basically a successful attempt at making a GBA game have a dark story.

I decided to do the contest for lulz >w>
Appearance:A normal robe with a metallic tint. Has plain facial features and has normal hair, apart from a small cowlick to the side. Steel blue gray eyes and jet black hair. He has light tan skin.
Type:Sloth(to fit the normally low speed of steel type pokemon)
Pokemon:
Metagross(Skarmory if Metagross is too strong)
Magneton
Steelix
Scizor/Forretress(don't really care which one, but if it is mandatory, choose Forretress)
Aggronno special sweeping aggron if this gets chosen pl0x

In no specific order of course. I can give movesets too if you want.

-End message-

Last edited:

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
First off, I wanted to say that I really love this idea for the hack. Based on the storyline, I can see that you've spent some serious time and effort in coming up with this original idea. Also, the artwork is stunning and absolutely spectacular :)

Second, because I love contests, I'll submit my character.

Name: Michael Crowley
Appearance: About 6 feet tall, has a dark feel, I imagine him as a Jonathon Edwards type person (the guy with the "fire and brimstone" sermons). Dark hair, medium build, a little skinny, with piercing blue eyes. Has a dark robe to complete the look. Skin= slightly pale, slightly flushed.
Pick one of four: Lust ( I would pick greed.....but lust it will be)
Pokémon: Ice

Glalie
Jynx
Cloyster
Sneasel
Piloswine

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Here's my entry for the contest I really like your hack.
Name: Father Fredrick
Appearance: 5'4 in height is usually wrapped up in a heavy robe but for your elite four battle it's off relvealing a criminal apperence spike black spiked hair a teeshirt with the sleeves torn off to Reveal two Rocket Tattoos on each shoulder jeans and black spiked boots but still mockinglly wears the symbol for the belief around his neck.
Pick one of four: Envy (specially chosen by the acolyte from his rocket days because of his extreme envy. Father Fredrck originally Zap a former top rocket who had a great talent for "liberating" people from their worldly belongings which he still practices here in Ho-oh's Crest)
Pokémon:Electric
Raichu
Plusle
Minun
Electabuzz
Jolteon (His Strongest pokemon)

Last edited:

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
DRAGON TYPES ARENT BORING!!
Otherwise, it looks good.
Odd how the keys have an amount of 8.......

Last edited:

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Name: Harold
Appearance: Harold is about 5'10", which makes him seem rather intimidating.. until you meet him personally. He is also quite husky. with a medium sized beer belly which hangs out a little due to his inability to actually care. He is rarely finicky when it comes to his appearance, which leads him to either looking like a bear, or halfway respectable; usually depending on the situation. Since Harold rarely leaves his house (unless the other members of the Elite force him out for a new challenger that is) he can be found in slippers, a plaid bathrobe, and comfortable looking pants with a few coffee stains on it. He has tired looking hazel eyes, and and brown hair turning white, whether it be on his face or head. He is also quite hairy elsewhere. Even though he generally doesn't care about anything other than his favorite TV show, he loves his pokemon although he doesn't have much confidence in them.
Pick one of four: Sloth
Pokémon: Rock

-Aggron
-Aerodactyl
-Golem
-Magcargo
-Corsola

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Name: Vex

Appearance: Wild grey hairstyle, standing straight up. Judging olive green eyes and sharp 'angry looking' eyebrows. His skin is a light bronze colour. His ears are slightly too big for his head, he has a small button nose, his mouth curls downwards at the corners, and wrinkles line his face. His face is a round-ish shape. He wears a brown monk's robe which has a large round collar and the sleeves get wider at the ends. He keeps his arms crossed and his hands are hidden beneath the robe at almost all times. His shoes are a pair of wooden sandles, but they're hidden by the length of his robe. Also... he's rather short. (I'll let you decide how short exactly xD)

Pokémon:
(in order of strength)
Ani127MS.png
Pinsir
Ani047MS.png
Parasect
Ani292MS.png
Shedinja
Ani015MS.png
Beedrill
Ani284MS.png
Masquerain

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
Awesome looking hack. I love the gym leader art, its simply amazing, especially the first one. Mad props on that. Good luck with all this, I cant wait to play it.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
This looks beautiful, so I'll enter the contest.

Name: Do you need a 'pun' of his type? If not, 'Russell' will do. If you do, then maybe 'Cyan' is good. Can't think of anything else. xD
Appearance: Here - I noticed you wanted a leader in a church, but I already had the design ready, so maybe there can be some changes made to him that way? :)
Type: Ice-type
Pokémon: Glalie, Delibird, Piloswine, Walrein, Lapras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back