• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New moves speculation!

Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So while we know very little at this point, this thread is for speculating on what moves will be in the games (given that this forum is for speculation)! What kind of new attacks do you think will be introduced, or do you want to be introduced? Based on the starters, do you think they'll learn exclusives, and such? Discuss!

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I think that they should make a Dark type move which is about 120 power and can be used by Physical pokemon that can't use moves like Crunch.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I don't think the starters will have exclusive moves. But I think that they will make another type version of Stealth Rock to shake up the metagame a bit. I just think some Pokémon should get some moves that they deserve. Like Flareon and Flare Blitz and Lumineon and Quiver Dance.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The cloud frog, Froakie, will, without a doubt, learn a cloud based move.

Of course legendaries will get a little extra sumin'

IF there's new types, the obviousness, they'll be tons of new moves.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I hope there are more dual move boosters like Dragon Dance or Calm Mind~ Maybe something that raises Speed and Defense; it'll make an interesting Baton Passing strategy!

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
More special Fighting-type moves. I hate Focus Miss, and Aura Sphere has no distribution. HP Fighting forces all 30 IVs, losing you speed ties and a bit of each other stat.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I want there to be a dark or psychic type move that flip flops's all your opponent's battle stats around randomly. Like power trick, but for every stat(excluding hp) and randomly. Tbh tho i'm kinda at a loss for new moves for the starters

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We need a good physical Electric move. Thunder Fang/Punch won't cut it no more. And something that doesn't recoil like Wild Charge and Volt Tackle. Just like a physical counterpart to Thunderbolt, I suppose. That in mind, there need to be Fire and Ice equivalents as well.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I predict these following moves

- Volt Kick
- Frost Kick
- Freezing Water (Freeze equivalent to Scald)
- Pyrokenisis
- Fireball
- Corkscrew
- Laserbeam
- Meteor Shower
- Phantom Wheel
- Bad Breath

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
give splash something. For six (6) generations, splash has had "No effect!" Give it some damage, some something. I'm being dead serious. In the meantime, the less "unappreciated" types (Grass, Rock, Steel, and Water to a certain extent, etc.) need some good moves to make them less unappreciated. I think the starters will probably get their own signature moves hopefully. Something that fits their character/way of attacking/etc.(Oshawott, I feel your pain for Razor Shell being learnable by Shellder.)

Years
Dark, Bug, Ghost, Ground, and Rock need more powerful special moves, with over 100 base power. Also, we need more physical Fire attacks for guys like Flareon. :(

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I want a strong Water physical move that doesn't have 90 Accuracy. At least 100 power, as well. And same for ghost types, maybe a move called Conceal, which works like Sky Drop. Well, I really want something stronger than Shadow Ball. And is not special to one pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want a 100% accurate 100 BP physical rock move. I mean I don't see why rock has to miss out...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
In general I hope that we get new moves that actually add something to the game, not new moves for the sake of new moves. A lot of the previous gen's new moves seemed redundant. For example, Leaf Tornado was basically Magical Leaf, (LT only had 5 more base power and 100 accuracy instead of guaranteed hit), and Wild Charge = Volt Tackle (I guess Pikachu needed to keep its special move?).

I also hope they do a better job with the TMs this generation. Who actually used Struggle Bug, Telekinesis, Safeguard, Torment, Ally Switch, Fling, Quash, Psych Up, or Snarl? I mean some of those moves aren't completely useless, but they could have easily been incorporated into a Pokemon's regular level up system or a move tutor, instead of taking the place of an actual useful TM, like almost any of the move tutor moves. This is also because a lot of TMs were really only made for a very small group of Pokemon. Quash (who knew that move existed, honestly?) can only be learned by 18 Pokemon, 2 of those by level up. And Ally Switch can only be learned by 15, 3 by level up. 18 and 15, out of 500.

Specifically, we need a physical 100% accurate high powered steel move that isn't affected by the user's weight, height, etc! Also a high powered physical electric move that doesn't damage us after use. And an accurate rock move, and a high powered physical accurate psychic, Seriously there are plenty of ideas just by looking at all of the basic ones that are missing, there was no need for those redundant moves, Gamefreak! n_n

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Hmm... just came up with an interesting move after a bit of thinking.
It's called Twisted Shock. I got the idea from Psyshock.
So basically, the move is Normal (or maybe it can be changed to Electric or whatever), maybe about 90 power. I don't know if this is kind of cheap, but when you use this move, it is special(or physical), but it hits the opponent in the defense they are weak in, so it does special damage against a pokemon with low special defense, and physical against pokemon with low defense. So yeah, it's an interesting move.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmm... just came up with an interesting move after a bit of thinking.
It's called Twisted Shock. I got the idea from Psyshock.
So basically, the move is Normal (or maybe it can be changed to Electric or whatever), maybe about 90 power. I don't know if this is kind of cheap, but when you use this move, it is special(or physical), but it hits the opponent in the defense they are weak in, so it does special damage against a pokemon with low special defense, and physical against pokemon with low defense. So yeah, it's an interesting move.

Only problem is you'd need to have even attack and special attack on the Pokemon attacking with this, and prediction would... definitely help. XD;

blue

gucci
Years
A Ghost type move with 100% Accuracy and 95 Power, basically equivalent to Flamethrower, Ice Beam etc. Shadow Ball is okayish but you need more than just one powerful Special Ghost type move IMO.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Splash should do 10 damage when it's raining lol
But Blaze Kick could use some counterparts like how we have punches and fangs.
We need a better special rock type move. Power Gem can't be learned by many pokemon. Better physical ice moves too. Not many things can learn Icicle Crash, plus it's a tad inaccurate.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I've always felt like we've been lacking in a set of really good physical attacks to match the stats of Pokémon who specialize in this area. For example, if you take a Pokémon like Delcatty who is a much better physical attacker than it is special attacker, it has a very poor and weak moveset in terms of what it can learn to use physically than compared to what it can use specially. So, I'd definitely like to see a new array of physical attacks that cover the different types and are worthy of being used for a Pokémon's moveset.

Back