• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which new pokemon did you hate the most?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't like Dedenne at all. Sure, it's cute, but it's also useless because its only Fairy STAB is the physical Play Rough, which works off of its terrible Attack. It can't even learn Dazzling Gleam for Arceus' sake.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In terms of looks, I sort of dislike Diggersby. Don't know about you, but to me, it looks sort of intimidating. XD" I'm also not such a huge fan of Slurpuff. Battling-wise, though, I like them all; they are all just simply great.

Shhmew

Years
I would have to say, just based on my first reaction seeing leaked images.. the first thing I said over my sister's shoulder (who was reviewing them at the time)

"God good is that a Key Ring?"

So, I guess Kelfki originally.. though I have very little to hate about it outside it being one of those odd looking guys thats not an animal of any kind. I'm pretty much down for whatever, but the ones I keep having problems with are the Foodemons.. IE, Slurpuff. It's shiny is also retarded with Chocolate Syrup flavors added.

So thats my pick.
I was the same way. I TOTALLY thought it was fake because I first saw it through a leak. I couldn't believe some people actually thought it was real. Because it was literally just a damn keychain with keys on it.

...but it was real. x'D Now I actually think it's kind of cute though, since I've let it grow on me. I mean look at these pokedex entries.

"These key collectors threaten any attackers by fiercely jingling their keys at them."

"It never lets go of a key that it likes, so people give it the keys to vaults and safes as a way to prevent crime."

n'awwww.

Years
Aromatisse...just....WOW that thing got hit with the ugly stick HARD.

Spiritzee was a cool little witch doctor bird but...I don't get Aromatisse, it confuses me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2015
I like most of the new Pokémon, but Aromatisse is kind of creepy-looking- especially for the adorable fairy types.

Years
I don't really hate any new Pokemon.. Every Poke is unique! :)

Diggersby is cute with its eyes open! :P

Spoiler:

Years
Wobbuffet, for not letting me escape the battles when I had matters to attend to. Also, Psyduck because it was a painful 2 hours I spent trying to catch him; not even that rare to begin with...Everyone be hating on Aromatisse XD I don't absolutely hate it, but it was slightly on the unattractive side.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
At first, I hated Talonflame, because everyone seemed to use one online, and I got tired of seeing them. Then I learned of why everyone (now including myself) uses one. Talonflame is boss.

Right now, it's Klefki. It's a real troll, especially with Prankster.

Dusk White

Terra's Protege
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2014
I hated Hawlucha a sorry excuse for a fighting bird it's all about that staraptor

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 10, 2014
Diggersby is probably the best designed Pokemon idea wise, it's pretty obvious it was designed to be ugly and disliked, and that's what it's getting...

But yeah, hate Klefki and I dislike the resemblance between Goodra and Aurorus, though I like Aurorus more.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Carbink. Its stats make it look like a wannabe Shuckle. What, you think just 'cuz you're a Fairy, you're automatically part of the cool kids? It doesn't even look cool, either. It's a rock. Just. A rock.

At least Geodude has arms.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Diggerby, I mean what the heck with those shovel like ears. It's weird
Dede for being pikachu wannabe on Kalos and what's with Gamefreak creativity this time.
Klefki. Again what's with Gamefreak creativity.
Binacle and it's evolution, it's very weird.
I'm really disappointed at Braxien and Delphox design I thought it would look interesting, I find Chesnaught and Greninja design quite cool

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
At the moment, all I can think of is Avalugg. I don't know why, I guess I just don't like it's style or something. Other than that, I have really no problem with the new pokemon. Some of the ones I thought I would hate, I actually liked more than anything. Oh, and I guess Binacle too, like the person above me said.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Looks wise I don't like

Chesnaught
Delphox
Litleo
Pyroar
Hawlucha
Phantump
Pumpkaboo
I don't think they tried very hard with these pokemon.

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
Years
I Do not like aromartise (Think I spelt it right), it pretty ugly, and it looks and sounds like something that rhymes like mutt
I also hate diggerspy, terribad design

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I really don't like Zygarde, koff~

Zygarde is weird looking and I don't think it looks very dragon like. It looks like it's made from gems and other minerals, which give it it's rock type; however; if this thing is supposed to trump both sides, it should have been Steel/Ice or Poison/Rock or something else. It also doesn't help when the Legendary trio is completely off balance! If Xerneas can smoke both of them before they can move. . .

I also feel that the color is wrong as well. I think it should be purple (unless we're going with the RGB approach, then it's fine) due to the fact that Kalos is based of of artsy France I think the color mix would work nicely. Quilladin is weird as well, koffi~

Years
I HATED Binacle, which looked like two potatoes with maggots worming their way our of orange vile. All of this attached by worm-like tentacles to a large old-rotten pot-pie.

I like Barbaracle though, it definitely has a fantasy element to it, reminding me of the Pan's Labyrinth monster a bit. Also, the claws look more like claws and the face is not derpy as it predecessor. Oh, and hand that comprises the face is just menacing in a good way.

So, there was some redemption.

One pokemon I still don't like is Klefki. This, right after I got over the disappointment of honedge and evolutions. Apparently all steel types have to be objects in a post-klink pokemon world.

Back