• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Do you ever get premonitions or a strong feeling something bad will happen?

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
Years
Deja Vu is a type of premonition, so it is related to the subject at hand.
See Cherii's post below.

Either way, I do get those "bad vibes" every now and then. Not very often, but when I do, usually something minor but related happens.

Whereas Cherii's post is one theory, it is only one, and even in said case deja vu and premonition still differ. Premonition is distinctly percieving something before it happens. However in said case, you do not actually perceive the initial impulse and the perception of the second impulse then results in the feeling of being there before.

Still, there are several theories out there. The one I would buy into the most is that time is entirely perceived as a linear thing, but isn't in fact so and that we did actually experience these moments before but as a version of ourselves from an alternate time or dimension. This is mainly due to the fact that sometimes we perceive entire scenes as having happened before even down to what the person beside you will say next which does not cater to Cherii's theory.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
I get deja vu, but everyone gets that; nothing supernatural or premonitory. That's about it with regards to predicting the future for me. XDD;

pikapeekatchu

I<3 pazuzuFTW ;3
Years
yea i get these indigo prohecy's going on in my dream
(deja vu)

and it scares the crap out of me =/ but i can never use it to my advantage

*btw how do i obtain a pc supporter thingy, they look kool *

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
Years
I always get Deja Vu.

It just seems like I've done it before.

I remember this one time, my mom and I went to this old museum for the first time.

I go into there, and get this really strange feeling. I turned to my mom and said "Haven't we been here before?" She then replied to me "No, this is the first time."

I thought it was really weird, because I kept on getting these memories of the place. What was even weirder, was that I knew the whole place like the back of my hand.

pikapeekatchu

I<3 pazuzuFTW ;3
Years
ruphie can i be a part of your pc family :D
can i be ur bro ?

and i got a weird deja vu taht i dreamed like a long time ago and it recently happend !!

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
I always assume only the worst can happen. Many think it's a bad thing to be pessimistic, but I think it's good that I have a smoke detector.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
The only thing that is close to a premonition for me is when I think of a certain episode on TV, then a few hours later (when the show comes on) that episode will be airing.

So I doubt this will work, but: Spongebob Squarepants, the one where Mr. Krabs becomes Krabby the Clown and yeah...it's all a lie.

Anyway, I doubt it's gonna work. xD But I swear, it happens so often it's gotta be more than coincidence.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
I always feel like something bad is gonna happen, its called Paranoia.

A few family friends were in driving and playing Ouija (not the driver) and crash.

Years
I always feel like something bad is gonna happen, its called Paranoia.

A few family friends were in driving and playing Ouija (not the driver) and crash.

I don't feel like that always.You had signs that something would happen.Common sense,inferences,they all have to do with reasonable fear.

And Paranoia doesn't really have to do with what i'm talking about.I'm talking about instincts you get that something will happen.Not what you think already did...

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
  1. The individual thinks that harm is occurring, or is going to occur, to him or her.
I believe that I will mugged when I step out of my house, believe that people intend me harm, which to a small extent is true.

Back