• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen My games keep deleting themselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
Years
I bought five GBA games (Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Saphire, Ruby) used off Ebay. I was playing Leaf Green and I beat the fifth gym. I saved the game and turned it off, and when i went back on it had deleted itself. The same happened to Fire Red after the second gym, and Saphire after the first gym.Ruby also freezes ALL THE TIME. Before I play it will say either "save five is okay" or "save file has been deleted...". I'm guessing that the previous user cheated. Does anyone know why my games keep deleting themselves? And is there anything I can do to keep them from deleting?

Years
Age glitches up just the G/S/C games only due to their short lived internal batteries (7 years). That problem shouldn't happen with GBA games. The problem probably is that the cartridges were hacked or pirated/not official. Not sure if there's anyway to help other than trying to find used/new copies at a reliable source like a video game store, because eBay's sort of unreliable.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2010
I also had a bad experience with a Sapphire version I got off of eBay. The damned thing looked like it got hit with a hammer. It barely fit in the GBA. It had a few glitch tiles in random places. Tell me, when the games delete themselves, does it say "Your savegame looks corrupted... the game may now be played"? (something along those lines) If so, you're having the same problem I had.

I'd go so far as to tell you to just trash that eBay garbage that you just got ripped off with, and go get real copies. Where? I don't know, I don't know of any stores that still sell them. Maybe you can order them online at some official Pokemon website. If not, I suggest getting an emulator because it's not like GameFreak would be losing out by you downloading a game they're not even selling anymore.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
If you wanna get a real copy then I suggest getting a used one from a gamestore like gamestop if you can't get a new copy. The used ones usually work (they did for me) And alot of stores have the pokemon GBA games used.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 24, 2011
As everyone said, it sounds like the games were hacked/not official. I suggest going to a Walmart or Target or GameStop and buying the games there. Walmart and Target would be about 20-30$ and GameStop (used) would probably be around 10-20$.

Sorry for your loss :/.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Poor you. I bet you lost quite a bit of money on that. Most likely, they're fake. Don't trust Ebay, ever.

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
Years
I also had a bad experience with a Sapphire version I got off of eBay. The damned thing looked like it got hit with a hammer. It barely fit in the GBA. It had a few glitch tiles in random places. Tell me, when the games delete themselves, does it say "Your savegame looks corrupted... the game may now be played"? (something along those lines) If so, you're having the same problem I had.

Yeah. it said something like "Your game has been corrupted...the game will be loaded...your game may now be played". thanks for all the help. MAN! willl this hurt my ds? i had a ds and pokemon diamond COMPLETLEY ruined when my friend traded me some hacked pokemon. now i have the limeted edition Palkia/Dialga ds.

The Red Chain

Yeah. it said something like "Your game has been corrupted...the game will be loaded...your game may now be played". thanks for all the help. MAN! willl this hurt my ds?

No, it will not hurt your DS, so no worries. =]
It's only a little glitch in the game/save file.

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
Years
Oh good...such a relief...thank you all for all the help. because i just figured out that you can't migrate from the gba's to Platinum, so it would have been pretty bad if it glitched up my ds for NO REASON.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
Years
I bought five GBA games (Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Saphire, Ruby) used off Ebay. I was playing Leaf Green and I beat the fifth gym. I saved the game and turned it off, and when i went back on it had deleted itself. The same happened to Fire Red after the second gym, and Saphire after the first gym.Ruby also freezes ALL THE TIME. Before I play it will say either "save five is okay" or "save file has been deleted...". I'm guessing that the previous user cheated. Does anyone know why my games keep deleting themselves? And is there anything I can do to keep them from deleting?

Each game has an internal battery and when that dies the game stops being able to hold save data. However even the old GameBoy Colour games take about 9-10yrs for the batteries to die, and the batteries of the Advance games take much longer, and considering the advance games are only out 6yrs and you bought the games on ebay, they are likely fake games.

Years
Each game has an internal battery and when that dies the game stops being able to hold save data. However even the old GameBoy Colour games take about 9-10yrs for the batteries to die, and the batteries of the Advance games take much longer, and considering the advance games are only out 6yrs and you bought the games on ebay, they are likely fake games.

Yes indeed, it's a pirated one. Their batteries usually die out within a year. I used to wonder why my games lasted longer than all my friend's before I found out they bought pirated ones. 6 years and I'm still playing the same save file while theirs gets auto deleted within a year of buying a gamepak XD

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2012
looks like you've got fake copies. or...the internal battery that keeps track of the clock has gone dry. that happens to me on gold all the time. It never saves.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Yer as said its either fake/bad overseas copies or an Internal Battery dead, but it can be fixed if the Internal battery dies.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I don't think they're pirated/not offical. they came with the original instuction booklets with the nintendo seal on them.

The Nintendo Seal can be Copied. ANYONE can take a ROM dump and paste the Nintendo seal of Quality on it. It's a no-brainer.

There's no hidden magic that can stop Pirates from putting that on their hacked games.

dark charmander

Gaara...
Years
i have the same problum with my gold. its because of the battery in the game but im not sure if GBA pokemon games do that though =/
A magazine called Pokemon World that i get did and article on how to fix it but i cant remember how i'll have a check and see if i can find that issue

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
What was the colour of the cartridge?
If it was black it's most likely it's a bootleg copy.
If it's green then there is something wrong with the game or it's been painted, which isn't likely.

Can you report the person on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back