• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Tales of Unitia is supposedly the title for the new game for the PS3.

Yeah, I definitely would have bought the PS3 version of Vesperia. Never was a fan of Flynn but Patty looked like sweet character. :D As for Graces, well, disappointed that didn't make outside of Japan either. :/ Looks really good.

I'm quite surprised. Most people that I know tend to like Flynn as a character but not Patty, mainly because she's an extra to the PS3 version. /wouldn't mind to have the PS3 version of Vesperia though so she can put Patty in the Mithos costume.

At least we can look forward to a European release, I think... last I heard it was being released there and not in the US, which sucks for me. I dunno though, it's been a while so they might've just given it the axe. Hopefully it'll at least hit Europe and I'll be able to import it~

Even having played the game myself, I kind of have to agree with you. It was really nice and flashy, but... that's all it was. Pretty characters with pretty personalities who you can fangirl/boy over, but nothing really any deeper than that to stay with you. :/

Oh my Yggdrasil, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! /high-five! And You actually played the game, so you can actually say that. XD; /can't say much, other than she adores Colette much more than Estelle.

I'm... neutral towards having Abyss for the 3DS. It's nice seeing that it's going to be put on a new console, but it's not the game I wanted to be put elsewhere. I want Symphonia, and the reason why Symphonia isn't getting put anyways is because of it's battle system and all that jazz (least in the Abyss 3DS article, saying that Abyss was better than Symphonia because of it's updated battle system). Well Namco, stop being lazy, update it, add the PS2 Features, and put it on another console.

/end rage.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
Tales of Unitia is supposedly the title for the new game for the PS3.
I heard that Unitia was one of the titles trademarked for Graces and that Bamco doesn't usually recycle names. So ToU could very well be a port of Graces, if it really exists at all.

My favorite skit is when Teneberae made the pun about "sighs Four" :3
I loved that skit. xD DotNW had a lot of really good ones, both funny and kind of thought-provoking. I think my favorite has to be "Richter's Cooking":

RICHTER: Emil. Food's ready.
EMIL: Thank you very much.
RICHTER: Go ahead and eat it, if you can.
EMIL: That sounds pretty ominous. It looks normal enough, though. Let me give it a try.
(Emil takes a bite, freezes up)
EMIL: Mom, wait for me, I'll be joining you shortly... -falls-
RICHTER: I was afraid of that. This is the first time I've ever cooked.

Last edited:
Years
Oh, its from Vesperia; when you meet Karol.

Spoiler:

My favourite MA is Yuri's. =D
Though it may cause seizures. @-@

Ah, I see. I thought it was from Eternia ^_^;
What's the name of Yuri's MA?

Know which boss I hate the most? Alexei. x-x

Seriously; no "tales of" boss as ever used THAT much Overlimits or MA's as he does. ><

For me, one in Eternia that I hate the most was Nereid-Regulus. He's not THAT hard to beat, but there's this one-hit-kill attack that he has; it's short-ranged, but if all the team members are in front of him while he does that, you're dead. =[ That's so like, cheap. >.<

I want more Tales game to play :x But I've only 3, lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I have a... lot of favorite skits. XD; However, I guess I would have to say the Kendama ones in Tales of Symphonia.

As for least favorite enemies?

Symphonia:
Remiel - Whenever Colette say's 'It's time' I simply reply with 'TO KILL REMIEL'. </3
Rodyle - Just... I don't even know where to start.

Abyss:
Mohs - IOOOOON. ;___; You may have felt some sympathy Anise, but I didn't. None. Not at all. He deserved what he got.

Yup. Those three. ^-^

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
My least favorite enemies... (including Alexi of course)

Hawkie (Hawk) from ToS2 - Cause I swear, he has a permanent OVL. ;-; I couldn't stagger him at all.

Yeager from Vesperia - Cause well, in his second stage, he has a very good defense. @-@ Still a nice voice though. =D

And oohhhh my favorite 1 on 1; would have to be Kratos vs Llyod. ^.^
Cause it really fits to the story, ad its just so epic. <3

Steel*

Years
Cool, a Tales of... group! Tales of Symphonia is my favorite game of all time; ToS 2 isn't quite as good, but it's still one of my favorites. I don't have access to the other Tales of... games because I only have the Nintendo systems, but I'm hoping that Namco will release more to the Nintendo Wii.

I'd like to join this group if possible!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
There's Tales of Hearts for the Wii, right? Chances are Namco-Bandai is going to be evil though and never localize it here in the states, or in other countries. I'd wish they would stop being so exclusive when it came to their Tales of Games.

I'd also wish they would remake Tales of Symphonia and/or give it a Prequel.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Tales of Hearts is for the DS. :D You're probably talking about Graces, but yeah, Namco-Bandai refuses to localize a lot their titles. I've lost faith in them. :sleeping:

Prequel to ToS? That would be nice. Dealing with what though? Kratos and the gang, lol?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ah right. I had a feeling I was wrong when I remembered my friend talking about playing Hearts on a ROM. XD; Well, both Hearts and Graces then, since they're both on Nintendo consoles. But yeah. I've pretty much lost faith in 'em as well. ;;

Yeah. The prequel would have the Four Seraphim as playable characters, and we would know exactly how the story went 4000 years in the past. :3 The problem is with the ending, unless they make an 'alternate-universe' ending that doesn't include Martel's Death. xD;

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

First trailer of the new Tales games for the PS3,Tales of Xillia. I'm really liking the design of the overall world. Main girl's design is nice too. Not feeling the main character though. Seems the main guy uses his fists ala Senel. Who knows the chance of this being localized. :laugh:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
The main gal's design reminds me of marta for some reason. o-o

Eh, I hope that the english version will be as great as the Origional Jap. version. =]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Considering the fact that this will be Namco's 15th anniversary game, chances are it'll be localized outside of Japan. Just like how they brought over ToS2, because it was Namco's 10th anniversary game I would have preferred a prequel, but hey.. 20th anniversary? <3

Either way, I don't have any plans on getting a PS3 anytime soon because they don't play PS2 games, soooo. :(

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It wasn't ever realesed outside Japan; it was only for japan for the PS2 I believe.

Tales of Graces wasn't realesed too, right?

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Yeah, Tales of Graces and Tales of Graces F (The PS3 port) weren't released outside of Japan. 5 of 12 current mothership titles haven't been localized. With the previous two games (Hearts and Graces) not even being mentioned for an English port. That's the only reason I have some doubt for Xillia making it outside of Japan.

Btw, main character's name for Tales of Xillia is Jude Mathis. :D The girl's name is Mira Maxwell.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Again, they tend to perhaps like to localize 'Anniversary' Games, which is why I'm thinking that this next one just might make it localized. If not, then I officially dislike Namco. :(

That and they haven't localized anything mothership since Vesperia.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I hope you're right. I really don't want to resort to playing the game in Japanese, lol. It's been awhile since I've played a Tales game. Vesperia was the last one, and I didn't even bother to finish that one.

Back