• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beauty in the Desert -- An OU Gen 5 RMT

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
formatting? whats that?

[ :BEAUTY: ] in the D E S E R T
Hey. It's Spino. This is an RMT of a team that I absolutely love to use. It's focused on making Sand effective without using the likes of Landorus and Excadrill. In fact, the team is based around Virizion, an interesting and really good Pokemon. The team DID end up being sand while building it, and I didn't really think it'll work until I tested it. Without further ado, I present my team.

Building the Team

Spoiler:

Team at a Glance

479%20WF.gif
639.gif
640.gif
248.gif
579.gif
462.gif

In-Depth

479b%20WF.gif

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick
I have to thank Wolf for using this against me as a lead. It's so amazing and beats all weather leads except Ninetales. (who dies to TTar anyway) It can serve as a great anti-lead with Trick but I generally use Volt Switch for scouting. It may look meh at first, but seriously it's amazing. I went with HP Ice to 2HKO Dragon leads or weaken them to kill them later.

639b.gif

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
This guy is amazing. I wanted a physical attacker that benefits from sandstorm and take on hits unlike Excadrill and Landy. This guy does it. After an RP boost/SD boost it's gg unless my opponent pulls a Gliscor or Skarmory from his team. With sandstorm I can take a hit from Rotom or basically any special attacker and set up. This guy is so fast it's not funny. I usually use it as a late game cleaner.

640b.gif

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Virizion is sexy. Hence the title. I went with the special set since I always wanted to try it first. She's as fast as Terrakion and after a Calm Mind can take a hit any day. I suppose it does beat Politoed after a CM. Bulky Waters like Jellicent can really just go die from Virizion. It can take a DM from Specs Latios like a boss. Which she is. I suppose she's also a good Scrafty check who can otherwise be problematic, unless Focus Blast misses like it always does.

Spr_b_5b_248.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail
I wanted the team to be offensive (hence Rotom lead) so I went with Band. It's actually so amazing. It beats Psychic types without a single problem and just laugh. This guy also deals with Air Balloon users with Aqua Tail/Stone Edge. With TR, he can actually sweep until TR ends. I'm serious, this guy is just...wow.

579b.gif

Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 172 HP / 32 Def / 252 SAtk / 52 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
Tar and Reuniclus work together like bread and butter. They form great synergy and it counters fighting types, who are a problem to this team. I always set up TR first so TTar can use it to nab many kills. Really this guy is broken it's not funny.

462b.gif

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
I figured I might need a way to get rid of steel types like Scizor while also checking Excadrill (with Air Balloon). Zone is the obvious choice here. Tbh this guy is mainly used to kill steel types but it does it good.

-----
So this is my team. Sand might seem weird with Virizion being she's the star of the team and all but it actually worked well for me. But I feel could do more. Help, plz. :)

Export to Text:
should you wish to use it. :>
Code:
Rotom-W @ Choice Specs Trait: Levitate
 EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
 - Volt Switch
 - Hydro Pump
 - Hidden Power [Ice]
 - Trick
  Terrakion @ Air Balloon
 EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
 Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
 - Swords Dance
 - Rock Polish
 - Close Combat
 - Stone Edge
  Virizion @ Leftovers
 EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
 - Calm Mind
 - Giga Drain
 - Focus Blast
 - Hidden Power [Ice]
  Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
 Trait: Sand Stream
 EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SDef
 Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
 - Stone Edge
 - Crunch
 - Pursuit
 - Aqua Tail
  Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
 Trait: Magic Guard
 EVs: 172 HP / 32 Def / 252 SAtk / 52 SDef
 Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
 - Trick Room
 - Psychic
 - Shadow Ball
 - Focus Blast
  Magnezone @ Air Balloon
 Trait: Magnet Pull
 EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
 Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
 - Thunderbolt
 - Flash Cannon
 - Hidden Power [Fire]
 - Substitute

Last edited:

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
first, id like to say i like your team and i find it well put together =)

when i saw your rotom i was surprised not to see T-bolt on it but instead HP ice. they both deal damage to dragons especially salamence and dragonite, but the reason i was a bit surprised is because i didn't think of using HP ice on a rotom, which is a good idea btw as it checks every dragon type ( obviously) and gliscor who would love to set up in a sand storm.

overall i think your team works very well together. some potential threats to the team, i feel, are conkeldurr, gliscor and superpower scizor ( maybe). if conkeldurr carrys payback it can get a free hit in on reuniclus as it sets up trick room and then switch out scott-free. also if it carries mach punch it could dent terrakion and tyranitar.

anyways i hope i helped a little bit =)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
first, id like to say i like your team and i find it well put together =)

when i saw your rotom i was surprised not to see T-bolt on it but instead HP ice. they both deal damage to dragons especially salamence and dragonite, but the reason i was a bit surprised is because i didn't think of using HP ice on a rotom, which is a good idea btw as it checks every dragon type ( obviously) and gliscor who would love to set up in a sand storm.

overall i think your team works very well together. some potential threats to the team, i feel, are conkeldurr, gliscor and superpower scizor ( maybe). if conkeldurr carrys payback it can get a free hit in on reuniclus as it sets up trick room and then switch out scott-free. also if it carries mach punch it could dent terrakion and tyranitar.

anyways i hope i helped a little bit =)
haha, thanks! I can deal with all of those. Gliscor dies to Virizion and Rotom-W. Payback doesn't OHKO Reuniclus, even after Bulk Up boost. Superpower Scizor can die to Zone, but I have to predict here. Thanks though!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
haha, thanks! I can deal with all of those. Gliscor dies to Virizion and Rotom-W. Payback doesn't OHKO Reuniclus, even after Bulk Up boost. Superpower Scizor can die to Zone, but I have to predict here. Thanks though!

Actually, Payback OHKO'd TR Reuniclus after +1 x: Anyway, the first thing I saw here was the glaring fighting weakness, with only Reuniclus resisting it, once it goes down, Mienshao, Scrafty and even Terrakion can start destroying this team.

Since Sand is up opposing Terrakion will get that nice SpD boost, meaning that Rotom is the solid counter to opposing Terrakion ;; To truly defeat it I suggest running SpecsTrick / TrickSpecs w/e Deoxys-S, tricking Choice Specs onto Terra would mean you can have an easier time defeating it, Deoxys would also give you another resistance to Fighting. I suggest booting out Magnezone, it seems to me like it's sole reason on the team is to trap steels... which from the looks of it, your team can stand up to pretty well (: I've faced this team and it's pretty damn good C: Although Magnezone was always the first to go down and I felt like it did the least.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022

Actually, Payback OHKO'd TR Reuniclus after +1 x: Anyway, the first thing I saw here was the glaring fighting weakness, with only Reuniclus resisting it, once it goes down, Mienshao, Scrafty and even Terrakion can start destroying this team.

Since Sand is up opposing Terrakion will get that nice SpD boost, meaning that Rotom is the solid counter to opposing Terrakion ;; To truly defeat it I suggest running SpecsTrick / TrickSpecs w/e Deoxys-S, tricking Choice Specs onto Terra would mean you can have an easier time defeating it, Deoxys would also give you another resistance to Fighting. I suggest booting out Magnezone, it seems to me like it's sole reason on the team is to trap steels... which from the looks of it, your team can stand up to pretty well (: I've faced this team and it's pretty damn good C: Although Magnezone was always the first to go down and I felt like it did the least.

Don't replace Magnezone unless you're going to pick up another Scizor check. ;( Without it you're going to get trucked by any variant of Scizor, especially once Rotom is worn down (and since it is such a good pivot it's bound to be hit a few times). And yes, a Scarf Terrakion really threatens this team - it can come in, threaten an OHKO on basically anything but Reuniclus (which can be hit on the switch with X-Scissor) and Rotom-W maybe. Mienshao doesn't really so much as it still doesn't appreciate CC from Terrak (who outspeeds it still) as well as Giga Drain from Viriz if it's low on health. In that note, Gyarados might work though you should still be way of foe Terrakion and their silly Stone Edge antics - you might be interested in trying out Scarf Terrakion or Scarf Rotom-W for that matter.

Beyond that I'm fairly braindead at the moment and I might come back for a better rate. :x

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yes, Zone is there MAINLY for Scizor, no other steel types actually. Although I considered replacing it. Thought of Slowbro or Latias but didn't want another bug weakness, so I replaced Zone with Gliscor. Not only can it beat fighting types, but checks Scizor and Excadrill as well. Breaks walls, absorbs status, beats Loom, etc. What do you think about it?

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Gliscor looks pretty good in that last slot. It alleviates the great weakness to fighters like Terrakion and Lucario who have high powered, spammable attacks. It also sets up on all of the same Pokemon that Magnezone can trap such as Ferrothorn or Scizor. The standard Iconiscor should work with SD / Earthquake / Ice Fang / Taunt. It also takes Outrages well despite not being a Steel-type.

To be honest I'm kinda scared of this team, I hate battling good offensive teams ;;

Back