• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random League

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
By the way, be sure to post your team and who is in it. You can ask for additional members in the thread if you need to, or start a team from scratch by posting here. Give it a random name or number so we'll know how to identify it before giving it a mascot.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I'm keeping the poll open until tomorrow at noon, then I'll make a decision based on it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
i voted to keep it how it is now only because aurora isn't taken yet and clearly two people who go to smogon in one team would totally be hard to beat :'(

y'all suck for not wanting me tho!! SEE HOW YOUR NU RANDBATS GO WITHOUT ME AHAHA they will lose. whoever i am with.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't really see why picking teams is really an issue to be honest, when teams are totally random -- regardless of who's battling -- the "better" player can technically get screwed over having a team of LC mons versus a team of UU/OU mons. The random aspect keeps everything balanced if that's what people are worried about.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Well, it looks we're doing randomized teams, because the poll results are 12-11 with randomized teams winning. It's probably for the best, as it's the fastest and most efficient method. I'll post the teams soon.

I don't really see why picking teams is really an issue to be honest, when teams are totally random -- regardless of who's battling -- the "better" player can technically get screwed over having a team of LC mons versus a team of UU/OU mons. The random aspect keeps everything balanced if that's what people are worried about.
Sure, it's Randbats, but the better player will almost always win. All of the matches are BO3, so you'd have to be really unlucky to get two bad team match-ups in a row. So, I think the complaint is genuine.
---

Alright here are teams! I asked Pokedra to randomize the teams for me so no one would think that I changed them to my liking.

Team 1
- WeightyWillBill (regular)
- ExtremeGamer (1v1)
- JNathan (High Tier)
- Aurora. (Medium Tier)
- Forever (Low Tier)

Team 2
- ChocolateCrunch (regular)
- IdrinkWater (1v1)
- DaydreamsAway (High Tier)
- .Aero (Medium Tier)
- Wolflare (Low Tier)

Team 3
- ForeverDash (regular)
- glitchguy (1v1)
- Twilight Sky (High Tier)
- Jake♫ (Medium Tier)
- Clacla (Low Tier)

Team 4
- Diversion (regular)
- Twihiki_Amias (1v1)
- Pachy (High Tier)
- Lalapizzame (Medium Tier)
- Lapras* (Low Tier)

Team 5
- Shadowraze (regular)
- Dter ic (1v1)
- Narnia (High Tier)
- jellicentfan1 (Medium Tier)
- tigerBLADE (Low Tier)

Everyone will then receive a private message from me asking for 5 Pokemon. Each team will have a list of 25 Pokemon, and I'll randomly choose a team mascot from that pool.

Upon popularity request, members may switch Randbats formats with another, but both members who trade formats must confirm by posting in this thread or the change won't count. If you don't trade formats before the team mascots are decided, then you will be stuck with the default format you were given.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
jnathan and i agreed to swap given that i only joined this to play nu randbats lol

Melody

Banned
Years
Me and Twihiki_Amias are switching battle types~ I feel a lot more at home with High Tier.

In Pokemon Showdown said:
[21:56:26] +Hinamori☆Amu: :o Twi
[21:56:41] +Hinamori☆Amu: Will you switch Battle Styles with me in the Random League?
[22:04:11] +Twihiki☆Amias: (Private to +Hinamori☆Amu) yea I'll switch w/you
[22:04:17] +Twihiki☆Amias: (Private to +Hinamori☆Amu) go make post

Back