• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunger Games Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Username:Bugsy555
District: 13
Game: Soul silver
Optional rules: None

Havent been able to start a new game on ss untill i finally transferred all my pkmn to white 2. this will be fun!

*edit*
First update: Chose Chikorita. Did all the annoying stuff you have to do at the start. Caught a geodude and boxed chikorita. Trained Geodude to level nine (which was difficult but luckily you get a few potions at the start of the game) Arrived at violet city. thats all for now. got a lot of breeding to do on white 2

*edit*
Second update: Caught a Gastly in sprout tower @ lvl.3 (geodude couldnt do any damage to it but i caught after only two pokeballs) Trained gastly to lvl.5 and caught a Bellsprout which i quickly traded in-game for an Onix. About to take on Sprout tower....somehow.
CURRENT TEAM

Gastly lvl5

Geodude lvl 10

Rocky (Onix) lvl 6

Last edited:
Years
Bugsy555 here. I cant believe i have to say this but i failed lol. My team got wiped out in rather embarrassing circumstances and id rather not talk about it. anyway, looks like im out.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hey guys, I'm the new thread owner and I just updated the list of tributes to Post #84. Peace! And may the odds be ever in your favor!

EDIT: Hello PokeCommunity, to inspire people to become tributes, I will add a rule change that lasts until the beginning of June! From today to June 2013, anyone who signs up for the Hunger Games Challenge get one extra life for all of their Pokemon if they die. All you have to claim this is say "I got a 1UP!" in your posts. You can do this for any amount of Hunger Games Challenges that you are taking between today and June.

Hey guys, I have an update!

Update #1

What happened:
Spoiler:

My team:
Spoiler:

Until next time!

Last edited by a moderator:

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years
Username: Anszkz.DkLt
Game(s): Emerald,
Ultimate: Not now.. Maybe someday...
District: District 12– Mining - Ground and Fire
Optional Rules: None

My first challenge ^_^

UPDATE (Apr 24, 2013):
Just started... I chose Torchic as my starter.. Umm.. Can I use Mew as my HM slave?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Username: Anszkz.DkLt
Game(s): Emerald,
Ultimate: Not now.. Maybe someday...
District: District 12– Mining - Ground and Fire
Optional Rules: None

My first challenge ^_^

Welcome to the challenge! :) Thanks for joining; I haven't had alot of business lately. I'll add you to the list.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2014
Username: thegameman12
Game(s): Sapphire
Ultimate: NO ARE YOU CRAZY
District: 4 (I hear DO YOU LIKE MUDKIPZ coming soon(Hint UPDATE 1))

This will be fun. It look so fun.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Username: thegameman12
Game(s): Sapphire
Ultimate: NO ARE YOU CRAZY
District: 4 (I hear DO YOU LIKE MUDKIPZ coming soon(Hint UPDATE 1))

This will be fun. It look so fun.

Awesome! I'll add you on the list ASAP.

Umm.. Can I use Mew as my HM slave?
Only if absolutely necessary. But it's not necessary. Just catch a Barboach and use it for Surf, Waterfall, Strength, and Dive. If Barboach is not available to you at the beginning (I'm pretty sure it's not), just use what's available at the beginning, then swap it out for the Barboach. The best part is, you can train Barboach, since it's a Ground- type, and actually use it, so it doesn't just take up space. For Fly, Strength, and Rock Smash, catch a Flygon. And for Cut, just catch something stupid, I guess, like a Zigzagoon, but don't use it unless it's Ground- or Fire- type.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2014
Well time for update #1 only up to the 1st gym next on will be longer my pokemon will be name after what year of the games that they are in such as Year1 A or Year5 B well time to start

UPDATE 1
Got a Mudkip (DO YOU LIKE MUDKIPZ???)
Got Poochyena
Trained Poochyena to lvl 10
Talked to my "dad" it went like this "Dad can I 'team' with you?" "No later you have to beat me first" "OK" HINT HINT
Beat Roxanne almost with ease

TEAM

Mudkip lvl 15 Female
Poochyena lvl 10 Male

UPDATE 2

Mudkip became a teen during the games (aka It evolved)
Beat Brawly
Trained Poochyena to Lvl 22
Went back to get the EXP Share
Poochyena became a teen during the games (still training at this point)
Got Poochyena to lvl 22 and beat my rival
Beat Wattson OHKO all his pokemon
Got a geodude for Rock smash
Beat Flannery (We are half way done)

TEAM

Marshtomp lvl 29
Mightyena lvl 29

SLAVES

Geodude lvl 7

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Username: KoboraX
Game(s): Ruby
Ultimate: No
District: 12

Just dandy. Ground and Fire in Flannery's region of death and murder. It's going to be a long run.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2014
UPDATE 3

Got a Wingull (good thing I have the EXP Share)
Trained team to Lvl 36
Marshtomp became a adult during the games
Wingull became a teen dring the games
Beat my "Dad" with luck it was close "Dad can I team with you?" "Yes now you can now that you beat me"
Beat rival
Beat Winona
Beat Tate and Liza
Beat Wallace (LAST ONE)

TEAM

Swampert Lvl 43 Female
Pelipper Lvl 40 Female
Mightyena Lvl 38 Male

SLAVES

Geodude
Castform

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Username: metal64meli
Games: Emerald, Crystal, Fire Red, and Blue
District: 12
Optional Rules: No

Ok, welcome! Odd selection of games, but who am I to judge? I'll add you.

Umm.... Sorry I've been so inactive the past week, but I was really busy with schoolwork. I'll have an update out by tomorrow.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Yeah, I may have to switch over to Sapphire. Every Ruby rom I try to use doesn't work. I'll try a Sapphire rom, and if all else fails, I'll have no choice but to do Emerald instead. I'll still try to update today, even if I'm forced to do Emerald.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Yeah, I may have to switch over to Sapphire. Every Ruby rom I try to use doesn't work. I'll try a Sapphire rom, and if all else fails, I'll have no choice but to do Emerald instead. I'll still try to update today, even if I'm forced to do Emerald.

Have you tried coolrom.com? I go there for all my ROMs, Ruby being one of them, and they work. But, if you have to, I'll switch you over.

Also, I am updating.

Update #2 - Erika the Tribute

What happened:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Bye for now!

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
Username: dan0314
Game(s): HeartGold, Pearl, LeafGreen, Gold (can't find cartridge), Emerald (can't find cartridge) and Black
District: 13 (Ground and Ghost)

Am I allowed to use a starter editor on a ROM to make my starter a level 5 Ghost or Ground Pokemon?

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Update time at last. And yes, I'm naming my team members after Hunger Games characters.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Username: dan0314
Game(s): HeartGold, Pearl, LeafGreen, Gold (can't find cartridge), Emerald (can't find cartridge) and Black
District: 13 (Ground and Ghost)

Am I allowed to use a starter editor on a ROM to make my starter a level 5 Ghost or Ground Pokemon?

To be honest, no. You can only hack if you can't receive a Pokemon of your types before the third badge, and for Ground and Ghost, that never happens. For HeartGold, you can get a Geodude and a Gastly really early on. For Pearl, there's Turtwig and Misdreavus. For LeafGreen, there's Nidoran. Gold is same as HeartGold, and there's Mudkip for Emerald. Finally, for Black, there's Misdreavus from DW if you can, and if not, then get a Drilbur. As you can see, there's no need to hack for the above games or the above district. Either way, I've added you to the list, so let your Hunger Games begin!

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years
==== Chapter 1: From Start to First Gym ====
Spoiler:

==== End of Chapter 1 ====

TL;DR?
Just got the Stone badge. Here's my current team:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back