• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away

Years
You can find Floatzel on Route 15 in X/Y and then breed it to get Buizel, but if you can't get it go with Walrein instead.

Done will use walrein in place of floatzel. Will update when I start the game. Will bred all pokemon and trade at the beginning of SS. And this mod is fun with custom moveset and tm so it's going to be beast. Hard as well. Will update soon.

Years
Update 1:

Just got the pokemon I need, all level 5. Currently in new bark town about to go meet mr pokemon.

Here are some pictures:

Spoiler:

GilliTheFabulous

Shiny Hunter, Collector, and Breeder
Years
Hey man, here is my recommendation. Ambipom, charzard, magneton, leafeon, deawgon. See if this works for you.

Thanks that works great. I thought some people may have had some trouble choosing my mons since I looked back at the list and realized I had choosen a lot of bug and flying types So thank you for this...now I just have to gen them in and get started.

GilliTheFabulous

Years
Hey man, here is my recommendation. Ambipom, charzard, magneton, leafeon, deawgon. See if this works for you.

Thanks that works great. I thought some people may have had some trouble choosing my mons since I looked back at the list and realized I had choosen a lot of bug and flying types So thank you for this...now I just have to gen them in and get started.

I just realized that this does not work great at all. If I am plying through white 2 I am unable to obtain Leafeon until after I beat the elite four as skyarrow bridge is closed off for the entire game until then. Eternal could you actually change that mon for me please?

Years
I just realized that this does not work great at all. If I am plying through white 2 I am unable to obtain Leafeon until after I beat the elite four as skyarrow bridge is closed off for the entire game until then. Eternal could you actually change that mon for me please?

By rule 3 you can hack in leafeon i believe, if not then use gardevior (with a grass move for coverage) or tanglegrowth.

GilliTheFabulous

Years
By rule 3 you can hack in leafeon i believe, if not then use gardevior (with a grass move for coverage) or tanglegrowth.

Well I may have to use Gardevior anyways as you picked me out a team of five not six. I just found that out after I finished genning them in. Is there another pokemon you would like to give me or is Gardevoir okay?

Years
Update 2:

So I got the first badge. Its going slow since the grinding is real to keep all Pokemon at similar levels. My lead is spheal right now, its egg moves gave me an edge with falkner along with shinx. Lets see how the next badge goes.

MYiPqJS.png

N33vVqh.png

Years
Update 4:

Just beat the elite 4 and Lance. The breakdown:

-Elite four Will was swept by Luxray
-Elite four Koga was beat using Altaria, Toxicroak and Luxray
-Elite four Bruno was swept by Altaria (with the help of Walrein for Onix)
-Elite four Karen was beat using Toxicrock and Weavle
-Champion Lance with Swept by Walrein (Blizzard, Surf and Sheer cold ftw)

Pics:

FHpXX6H.png

And the party

xJ11Vfy.png

Last edited:
Years
Update 5:

Finished the game, beat red. It was hard as in this version of SS all of red pokemon are level 90+ hence I had to train my Pokemon to level 100 (had to do an elite four run 10 times and use about 10 rare candies).

Pics:

All the badges :v
615VKGT.png

Final Party:
nGzy58c.png

The red battle video:
https://youtu.be/8ATKY-0QUCA

Years
Username: Drackos_Flare
Game: White
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters:
Pokemon that can use Fly, Surf, and Strength.
No 2 Pokemon should have the same type combination.
Mode: Expert

It's so scary not knowing what my party will be... Lets do this!

Last edited:
Years
Username: Drackos_Flare
Game: White
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters:
Pokemon that can use Fly, Surf, and Strength.
No 2 Pokemon should have the same type combination.
Mode: Expert

It's so scary not knowing what my party will be... Lets do this!

I'll help you out here. How about psyduck tropius macargo hydreigon machop and loaudred.?

Also if we finished a challenge do we need to do something to get on to the completed list?

Years
I'll help you out here. How about psyduck tropius macargo hydreigon machop and loaudred.?

Also if we finished a challenge do we need to do something to get on to the completed list?

Yesss! I Love the team! I was scared I was gonna get a bad team because I never beat Alder before, E4 rematch was to hard for me. I signed up for Expert just because of this. Hyped to use these Pokemon!

Unfortunately, this struck me at the worst possible time, so sorry if it takes a bit before the first update.

Years

No. The completed list gets updated whenever the owner of the challenge has time.

Years
Sorry it took so long to get started, I was busy and gathering the Pokemon and breeding took way longer then I first thought. I don't have a Action replay, so trading in eggs was the only option, which means beating the first gym. It feels a bit like cheating, but I had no other choice.

Anyway, My progress:
Spoiler:

Man, Lenora's Gym was a huge jump in level! The trainers went from 10-11 to 17-20! My Pokemon can't keep up! Regardless, I pressed on and reached Castelia City! I'm currently leveling up a bit from the Battle Company before I fight Burgh.

Party:
Spoiler:

Update 2:

Clay was hard. I lost a couple of times and needed to level up a bit before I beat him. Currently fighting Team Plasma Grunts in Chargestone Cave.

Badges:
Spoiler:

Party:
Spoiler:

Update 3

Got all 8 Badges, Beat the E4, Challenged N, and lost so bad I needed to grind my entire team 10 levels. Surprisingly, I got PokeRus! After that, I beat N using everyone except Resonance (Exploud). Ghetsis was swept mostly by Atlas (Machamp) with the help of Firebrand (Magcargo) and Cookie (Zweilous). I didn't have my camera ready, so by the time I got it, "The End" went away, and it was sent to the title screen. So this is the best I can do as proof.
Pics:
Spoiler:

Party:
Spoiler:

This is an Expert Mode challenge, so it isn't over until defeat Alder! His team is level 75, so I'm doing the post-game quests to at least bump me up a bit before the grind to 70.

Update 4

So during my Postgame travels, I bumped into Cynthia. She was the same level as the Champion, So I used her as a test to see if I was ready. I (unsurprisingly) lost.

So after that, I captured the Sages, and made the grind to 65. It was at this point that I FINALLY got a Hydreigon. It was time to challenge the E4, but something wasn't right...
HNI_0058_1.jpg

There we go! Now lets do this!

Cookie (Hydreigon) easily beat Shauntal and Caitlin.
Atlas (Machamp) was able to beat Grimsley with the help of Rive (Golduck).
Everyone was needed to barely beat Marshal.

Alder was disappointingly easy, He was beat only using Atlas (Machamp) Then Rive (Golduck) had to do the final hit.

Here's the Pics:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'm really glad I got to use these Pokemon. They all turned out way better then I thought! Some more then others...

At the beginning, not counting Dragon Rage, Grove was my Best. Resonance was my worst.

Mid-Game, Atlas was my best. Resonance and Grove where my least used, but Cookie was so bad I never wanted to use him.

Post-Game, Nothing changed. Until Cookie became a Hydreigon that is. All of a sudden, my worst became my best. Sucks that I only got to use him for the E4 though.

Last edited:

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
Years
Username: HyperJono
Game: Black 2
Pokémon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 Pokémon, have Pokémon with different typing, must include one dragon, cannot have same type combinations
Mode: Normal

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
Username: HyperJono
Game: Black 2
Pokémon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 Pokémon, have Pokémon with different typing, must include one dragon, cannot have same type combinations
Mode: Normal

You get

Scizor
Honchcrow
Garchomp
Levanny
Weezing
Machamp

I think that combination works...

Mine:

Name ElectricN
Game Emerald