• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Ch. 35 - The Unnecessarily Surreal City - Pokémon Choice Quest 2

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Uh oh that doesn't look good, regular poison shouldn't do such a thing. Hmm... now why do I get a feeling there's some of that well-known "mysterious herb" mixed through the ice cream's contents?
Gee, I wonder how somebody could've gotten their hands upon these hazardous substances.

...Though I'm not sure why I'm suddenly imagining how Team KFC uses these as their 'special spice' so they could rule the world when everything is in utter chaos, even the Nurse Joys.
Welp, there goes our precious ice cream, haha. xD

Anyway, maybe we can pull something out of thin air with our trusty fishing rod!
spoiler: you can actually create your own ice cream, soon?

If... if only it was an option, though to be honest, I actually drew a blank about how a fishing rod is feasibly an option in a situation as confined as this. Maybe there are times where I can't really push things to make it even more ridiculous than it should be. But as they come in whenever, both direct and indirect, it shouldn't be a problem. :heh:

And so, here it goes.

"Regirock has gone berserk due to poison! What should you do?"
  1. "Lasers are the mightiest form of offense. Go, Cuddles!"
  2. Defend yourself by sending out Omelette to take it down! - 1 Vote
  3. Use the Fishing Rod! - 2 Votes
  4. Lift the mysterious orb! - 3 Votes

Pok?mon
2enck9j.png
Cuddles (Wailmer) (?) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

229MS.png
Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic (Houndoom) (?) Status: Healthy, if Cuddles is away Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond

113MS.png
Omelette (Chansey) (?) Status: Angry Moves: Egg Bomb, Soft-Boiled, Counter, ???

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
Pok?Dollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
?3
Pok? Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pok?mon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
?3
Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Key Items
Bag_Lustrous_Orb_Sprite.png
Mysterious Orb A translucent sphere found inside the grotto near Shanama Town. Holds a mysterious power.

Bag_Old_Rod_VI_Sprite.png
Old Rod Claimed to have been used valiantly by a certain Trainer of the past. Ordinary looking but durable.

Deaths: 1​
Ch. 32: Power Revealed!

Within a slight time gap, you pull out something interesting from your bag -- a translucent sphere that you've been curious of its use ever since you picked it up inside a grotto of a town. Unsure of how it works, you try raising the orb overhead as it suddenly begins to shine brightly. ...Maybe too bright that you had to turn away, while Regirock just comes ever closer with every step it takes before a loud buzzing noise comes ringing within the air.

Due to the blinding light covering your sight, you didn't get to see what really happened. Though, once the light fades out to a dim, you turn back to see that Regirock is nowhere to be seen. Where did it go? You could only wonder if the orb actually did anything, until you look downwards to see a lone, purple apple lying at where Regirock could've been standing at.

That apple sure looks tasty, maybe it won't hurt to give it a bite...
  1. Eat it!
  2. Let's not.
  3. Throw a Pok? Ball at it!
  4. Feed your Pok?mon with the apple!

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦
I've made return! Did our chansey grab a pitchfork yet?
m72ZZeD.png

Oh... wait, wha...
A transfer orb?
yep, definitely a transfer orb...
I'm proposing 3 as well, let's just hope this doesn't happen :
1621425aa209dc2a1037dfc14fddb11f94f8be7a_hq.jpg

Also, three hooraays for Hypermorian's side-game reference!

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
So, a word of note as to why there hasn't been any new chapters lately... I believe I should've said it before going poof suddenly, but with how PC also denying access whenever I intend to clarify the reason, it's more or less postponing me to effectively make an announcement.

I'm still feeling sick, from the beginning of September, up until today. It has quite lessened so far, which is a fortunate case for myself, but I don't think I have any updates to bring toward Choice Quest for its hiatus, for now. Not like I'm giving up on it, more like I can't properly contribute anything to it yet, especially when I'm indeed a lazybone whenever I don't feel like it, and I still haven't been able to get into it when this sickness remaining in me.

So! While I can't guarantee when it'll be up next, I can think of one thing that you can choose to go with, if you want to.

Usually, the main character represents us as those who dictate the course of the story by making choices. Now I'm raising an idea, would you like to see actual characterization on the 'nameless' main character? You can answer by agreeing or disagreeing, and if by chance you agree to it, you can also make suggestions on said topic (such as what they should look like, their moral compass and the like).

With that having been said, I'll bow out for the time being until I fully recover from it. Be seeing you later.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I'm sorry to hear about your illness, Morian. :( Best wishes, and take all the time you need to rest up! Your health is the top priority here. :] Anyway, your chapters are always worth the wait. xP

(And characterisation sounds cool! I'll get back to the rest later since it's been a long day, but I'm sure the others will have something to add!)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Nooooooo, Morian... D: I hope you get well, buddy—we've missed you tons! As Clover said above, take care, and get all of the rest you need! ^_^

As for characterization, that'd be pretty neat! I personally wouldn't go for anything too specific like their appearance, but I'm sure inner monologues would make a great start! It would definitely be amusing if the protagonist had a bit of a sarcastic side when reacting to weird situations/observations, kind of like in the Ace Attorney series. xD

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ [/SIZE]
Characterization? I guess it depends on what our character will turn out to be.
From the "still unemployed" I assume you're not troubling yourself with school anymore,
thus I can safely wish you to get well soon!
(by the way, I know that feel...)

[...]Unless the employer wants us to have already matured experiences, which is very likely, especially these days... :shaking-head-no:[...]

[...]Alas, I was busy being refused by an enterprise claiming to be providing apprenticeships
whereas they seek for experienced employees only, gimme a break fellow...[...]

Epilogue said:
Hyzenthlay said:
[...]lay off those purple ice creams[...]
[...]we simply cannot allow that to happen[...]
Sorry, but I have to agree with Hyzenthlay.
❧ Still, I can't wait 'till the chapter our chansey actually grabs the pitchfork and
I'll propose the diplomatic solution!

... and be... the only one...

4bc7bcc3874a0886e7f455790964f18c_400x400.jpeg

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Hope all goes better soon. For now, just take your time to rest, we can wait!

As for characterization, I think it's unnatural to suddenly decide a personality right off the bat. The paths we take should tell what kind of person our main character is. If you can attach some characteristics to that, that would be awesome of course!

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Well, that was unexpected.

To see that it's already been more than weeks and nothing gets updated despite what's supposed to happen. And to count that it happens more than once, it's definite that I'm not 'quite' true to my promises. I do apologize for my untimely absence when I should've done it, but as there were matters taken care of before I eventually received my access back into PC, it's simply not possible for me to jump back that easily.

So! To take things into account, let's see what we've got after weeks worth of waiting for Bowsette to become official.

That apple sure looks tasty, maybe it won't hurt to give it a bite...
  1. Eat it! So you'll experience a feeling similar to a certain story!
  2. Let's not. - 2 Votes (Fasting is the way to go, huh.)
  3. Throw a Poké Ball at it! - 3 Votes
  4. Feed your Pokémon with the apple! - 1 Vote (What a way to harness 'food.')
As of note, I did say about revamping the old CSS this thread is currently using. To say the least, I've fidgeted things to make it look prettier to me, as well as updating generic info people probably won't check out.

Until next time.

Pokémon
2enck9j.png
Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

229MS.png
Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic (Houndoom) (♂) Status: Healthy, if Cuddles is away Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond

113MS.png
Omelette (Chansey) (♀) Status: Angry Moves: Egg Bomb, Soft-Boiled, Counter, ???

purpapple.png
Purple Apple Status: Poisoned Moves: Explosion, Tackle, Rage Powder

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

×3 → ×2
Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
×3
Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Key Items
Mysterious Orb A translucent sphere found inside the grotto near Shanama Town. Holds a mysterious power.

Old Rod Claimed to have been used valiantly by a certain Trainer of the past. Ordinary looking but durable.

Deaths: 1​
Ch. 32x: Raoga Takes Flight!

No time for rest, still trapped in a place known by only a few, you pick the surprisingly heavy purple apple to inspect its ordinary shape. Mm, thinking about it, this journey proves to be quite taxing for its worth. Humans are somehow nonexistent around these parts, foods and resources alike being oddly rare. As if the sense of surprise dries out for having seen anomalies afoot continuously, surely that a bite wouldn't hurt a hungry Trainer...

"...Wait, no, this isn't right." Regardless of how close you are to fill your belly, you can't really eat it. It's undeniable of what history is contained within the apple you're holding, and to prove it, you shuffle through the bag... for an empty Poké Ball and gently press it on the apple.

Ch_32x_02.png

"..."

"... ..."

"Maybe I should try harder." Determined by what you believe is possible, you hopefully clasp both items. As it turns out, you manage to get a reaction, in which the Poké Ball finally prompts itself with a gaping entrance! The purple apple gleams bright red before entering inside, as it falls along with the encased device down onto the pool of sand, shaking consecutively in advance.

*Click!*

Ch_32x_03.png

Gotcha! You caught a Purple Apple! A sense of relief washes you the instant it's gone silent, though it's questionable to see you manage to fit something like this inside.

Ch_32x_04.png

Well, what now? Instead of pondering how strange was that, you divert your attention at a bright gap formed and set high from the now broken wall, laying an upward and haphazard entrance of stacked stones. You weren't really asking for an exit the time you entered, but hey, does this appear to be one is something you're going to figure out soon enough. You carefully ascend onward the clutter, step by step...

The sun sinks low, veiled by thousand clouds, you stand near the edge as the windy breeze greets you with a full view of the entire Raoga Region.

Raoga_Overworld2.png

...Except they're no longer one with the open blue -- barring the apartment you once lived in, they're all dispersed and floating! What's currently going on? There's nobody present that could explain the bizarre phenomenon, only you telling yourself that you're effectively stuck until there's a way to get down.

You glance at the region below once more, before turning around for a way. Fortunately, there happens to be one narrow path leading even higher altitudes. As to not get swept away by the strong winds, you carefully stick onto the walls as you follow a narrow, craggy path that stretches further to the side of the precipice.

Party
2enck9j.png
Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam
229MS.png
Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic (Houndoom) (♂) Status: Healthy, if Cuddles is away Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond
113MS.png
Omelette (Chansey) (♀) Status: Angry Moves: Egg Bomb, Soft-Boiled, Counter, ???
purpapple.png
Purple Apple Status: Poisoned Moves: Explosion, Tackle, Rage Powder

Inventory
Money_Icon.png
Empty Wallet You're broke. Get a job.

×2
Poké Ball A basic, compact device 'mostly' used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
×3
Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds. Unsuitable for ingestion.

Key Items

Old Rod Claimed to have been used valiantly by a fabled Trainer of the past. Maybe you can cleave the sea with this.

Deaths: 1
Ch. 33: First Encounter

Ch_33_02.png

For nighttime to befall soon after, the trek proves unexpectedly long, but the road finally widens into a more spacious surface. Once you arrive at a wider clearing, however, you sense presences nearby, and so do they. Uniformed in light bluish suit with mechanical features, looking surprised, one of them gives a yell, "Halt! What's a kid like you doing here?"

Two weird-looking men comes to you with Poké Balls in hand! What should you do?
  1. Greet them amicably and ask what's going on.
  2. Indulge their question with your Pokémon.
  3. Transmute them into apples.
  4. Let Omelette grab a pitchfork out of nothingness.

Back