• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HGSS Gym inside tilesets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Hey there.
Since I've decided to switch my hack from a rom to RMXP, I've been in need of tilesets; some can be found on this site easily, but there are some that you can't find.
So I took the liberty of mapping out some tilesets for the insides of the gyms from HGSS (Sabrina's excluded).
proof.png

(Not the best map, I know. But there's proof they work)

Here's a download link if you'd like them
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M6NVFNNB
Please Give credit if used.
(Images are from stills on Psypokes.com, credit to the site,
and obviously; credit to Nintendo for making the sprites).

Last edited:

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
This needs some improvement - There are a lot of seams, missing tiles, and errors.

For one, I would recommend making the tileset at half size, and then resize it to 2x when you want to test it. This will help you avoid the 1-tile thin seams that are in several places on your tileset.

Also, I would recommend paying more attention to the grid - I noticed at least one tiling error in the area for Ecruteak's Gym.

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Yeah, I see what you're getting at.
Most of the tiles looked fine until I double-sized them, and there are missing ones because the images I got them from had trainer OW's over the top of some of the better ones.

Over the next day or two I'll have a look at making them better.

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Please provide a list of credits for the tiles you used in your tileset.

Credit to whom? If you don't mind me asking. I suppose there's Psypoke, which is the website where I found the still images, I'll add that in.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Credit to whom? If you don't mind me asking. I suppose there's Psypoke, which is the website where I found the still images, I'll add that in.

I'll say that im 100% sure that those wall and ground tiles are Kymotonians , and the...lets say beach or misty gym tiles are WesleyFg's.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
Could you please re-up the files? Thanks

EDIT: Sorry, I saw 2012 and thought that this was a recent thread.

Last edited:

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Hey there.
Since I've decided to switch my hack from a rom to RMXP, I've been in need of tilesets; some can be found on this site easily, but there are some that you can't find.
So I took the liberty of mapping out some tilesets for the insides of the gyms from HGSS (Sabrina's excluded).

(Not the best map, I know. But there's proof they work)

Here's a download link if you'd like them

Please Give credit if used.
(Images are from stills on , credit to the site,
and obviously; credit to Nintendo for making the sprites).

I don't know if you're aware, but mega upload is dead. If you send them to me, I can post on media fire for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back