• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Tournament of Life [T] (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Anyway guys, it's up to you if you want to move onto route 202 or not. It's still a part of Chapter I so don't fele pressured if others move onto the route before yourself. Chapter II will begin when most characters have made it the end of the route and are approaching the city! I'm especially loving the communication already between characters.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Okay, I admit that I shouldn't have posted my rant in the OoC thread. I'm used to it happening in my other forum.

I thought you would be able to bare my critique, and that it concerns the GM too.

I still stand by my opinion, but I dearly hope you this doesn't transpose to the IC thread. Business before Personal feelings. Here's to working for this RP.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
hey guys!

sorry I haven't posted in awhile, getting annoyed that my writing style doesn't seem to be up to scratch lately :P the info is there but doesn't flow and is jagged so sorry!! will be working on that:P hopefully i will be able to scrape off the rust a lil more as I go along :)

when Willow's interactions are over and done with, I'll have her go see the prof and then head on down to see to team up with the princess and get the fun relationship there started xD so shouldn't be too long Rune :) sorry you've had to wait but will hopefully be worth it :D

also awesome post everyone! like curious really like the interaction between everyone :D
hope ya are all doin well!! :D

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
hey guys!

sorry I haven't posted in awhile, getting annoyed that my writing style doesn't seem to be up to scratch lately :P the info is there but doesn't flow and is jagged so sorry!! will be working on that:P hopefully i will be able to scrape off the rust a lil more as I go along :)

when Willow's interactions are over and done with, I'll have her go see the prof and then head on down to see to team up with the princess and get the fun relationship there started xD so shouldn't be too long Rune :) sorry you've had to wait but will hopefully be worth it :D

also awesome post everyone! like curious really like the interaction between everyone :D
hope ya are all doin well!! :D

Well, aren't we peppy today? Don't worry, I have my fanfic to keep me busy. Just PM me if you're ready. I'm going to rest for a short while. I'll come back after a few hours.

... I'm already thinking of ways to catch Growlithe.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Well, aren't we peppy today?

did the smilies give it away Rune? :Þ

anyways, will do Rune and haha you and I both. Mind you but if you are gonna have one maybe I should focus on something else so we don't get the same teams.

Really want a horsea though...

Which brings me to a new point. Curious, do I just write a post with around a battle against a horsea and then you decide if I catch it or not or is it done another way?

sorry not use to this rp mechanic :P

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
You construct a post about encountering the Pokemon, and you get to decide whether your attempt to catch it or not succeeds or fails. I'll be reading the posts so they need to be detailed in order for me to accept them. If the post quality wasn't so good, then I will kindly ask you to go through it again, before continuing on with your (new) pokemon. ;v;

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Awesome, now how am I gonna get a normal type pokemon in the water to find a horsea... :P gonna be fun :P can I find one around route 202?? :)

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Speaking of water Pokemon, why isn't Finneon in the available wild Pokemon, but its evolved form is?

Oh, Lokipie, You could see a Horsea around Route 219.... I think RPM is considering the beach of Route 219 to be Sandgem too. My character's in that beach.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Oh right, so if that's the case can be a perfect meet up for our characters :) Willow even more drenched in water than she is now and probably in a bad mood at getting soaked again in one morning :P

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Speaking of water Pokemon, why isn't Finneon in the available wild Pokemon, but its evolved form is?

Oh, Lokipie, You could see a Horsea around Route 219.... I think RPM is considering the beach of Route 219 to be Sandgem too. My character's in that beach.

1) Because I don't like Finneon and 2) I can't include every pokemon. XD;

And, yep, Run is correct, I'm counting Route 219's beach a part of Sandgem Town. As you would have noticed in the Chapter 1 entry, a list of Pokemon are available under their respective route.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Ngh-... I don't know what Pokemon I should catch.

Aside from Growlithe, I don't know other Pokemon I think would fit Julyanne... Most are fire types like Vuplix...

When I think of rich people's Pokemon, I think of elegant an- Oh! I just know what water Pokemon I'm going to get.

Can't get an idea for a Flying-type though. I personally like Tropius, but... It just doesn't fit her image. Gah~ I'm writing myself into a wall~

Years
I'm gonna get a Staryu XD

and rune, if it helps I think maybe you should think towards Tokegiss or Chatot. They seem to fit reasonably well :)

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I'd very much like a Togekiss, but I don't see how I can get one.

And a Chatot? Can't see it. I'll be getting myself a Pidgeot if all else fails.

... Huh, aside from Poliwag, is there another Gender-changing Pokemon? I might catch one for the irony =D

Years
Poli is the only one I think... If you wanted to do something like that you could try a male gardevoir or female mr. mime. A female Seaking could work too I guess. Any of those situations helpful?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Nah, it's actually optional for me.

But... I wonder, would it be possible to get a Male Vespiqueen? Hahaha~

. . . Wait, I thought-... Ugh.

Well, if I can't get the water Pokemon I want, I'll go with Slowking. Or Piplup. Yeah, I like Piplup.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Also, as the GM, along your character's journey, I can offer them opportunites. These oppotunities may include a special pokemon encounter, a battle, a plead for help from another etc. All are optional and may be ignored or completed at wish. But that specific opprtunity only comes once.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
^What he said^

In advance, I'm going to be inactive from this Friday to the following Wednesday because I'm going to be out of town, and then there's Christmas. In the meantime, I'm going to wait for mzmingle and try to put in as much posts as I can. ^_^

Oh, and one last thing. Do our Pokemon gain XP if we catch a Pokemon? (Because you don't in the games)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back