• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I don't think he wasn't involved in that Kinect game, contrary to belief on every Star Wars related product outside of the six movies.

Years
I'm really glad you brought this video to my attention, not because it's good or enjoyable, but because I can now force other people to watch it as well.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I don't think I've seen anything as truly pitiful as this.
Context for the picture. There are "Star Wars Weekends" every May at the Hollywood Studios park in Walt Disney World. Some extra Star Wars events than there would usually be. A lot more characters (and Disney characters in Star Wars garb like in that picture). And the 501st Legion is wandering about. George has been on hand a few times to launch the event. They have a whole Endor area in that park aswell.

That picture though I think was from when they launched the revamp of the Star Tours ride. Lucas was there for that and it was a big deal

Years
Silver Linings Playbook is by far one of the best movies I have ever seen, I highly recommend. Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper AND Robert De Niro all deserve some love from the Academy next month. It's as funny and optimistic as it is dark, and if you're from Philly you will especially love it. Enjoyable from beginning to end.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I would recommend taking a look at the noitaminA block of shows. While they've become much less so recently, they hold a lot of unique little gems in their lineup. Tsuritama and No. 6 are part of it, in fact.
Very interesting! Will check out, absolutely.

So the new anime season has hit, what is there to look out for and suggestions? Im still looking to pick up 4 or more series to watch from this season.
I've begun watching Code:Breaker for some reason. Only seen 3 episodes so far. Seems decently promising though. Bit violent but not excessively so.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I was referring to his graven expression.

So, Les Miserables was absolute perfection! I couldn't have asked for a better representation of the book, and Amanda Seyfried, Hugh Jackman, and Eddie Redmayne (as well as Anne Hathaway in the scenes she was actually present) gave brilliant performances. I wish I had seen this earlier, aaaa. Would see it again, definitely.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday

So, Les Miserables was absolute perfection! I couldn't have asked for a better representation of the book, and Amanda Seyfried, Hugh Jackman, and Eddie Redmayne (as well as Anne Hathaway in the scenes she was actually present) gave brilliant performances. I wish I had seen this earlier, aaaa. Would see it again, definitely.

Oh man, I really want to see it. I heard a lot of good things about it. Is Anne Hathaway not in it a lot?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Ahh I'm so jealous, can't wait to see this. I heard Hathaway was supposed to be one of the main stars though, what happened there?

Years
I heard that Russell Crowe was not very good in it, as in he's not a very good singer. Also heard that they moved some plot things around, but not being very knowledgeable about the musical I couldn't say whether that's an improvement or not.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Russel Crowe was not a very good singer, but he played the part of Javiert exceptionally well. Also, Les Miserables was never a musical before - it was a book and, soon after, a play.

And, about Anne Hathaway -

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Oh wow, I thought she was in it the whole time. She's a fantastic actress. She sang I Dreamed A Dream perfectly. She also went the extra mile to shave her head for the part, a lot of people would not do that for a film.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Oh wow, I thought she was in it the whole time. She's a fantastic actress. She sang I Dreamed A Dream perfectly. She also went the extra mile to shave her head for the part, a lot of people would not do that for a film.

So different now from what it seemed...

I nearly shed a tear. Her voice is so powerful, so melodious... it was impossible not to be riveted by her performance. And she did appear again near the end, but the reason why is kind of a spoiler, so I'll keep it to myself. [:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So different now from what it seemed...

I nearly shed a tear. Her voice is so powerful, so melodious... it was impossible not to be riveted by her performance. And she did appear again near the end, but the reason why is kind of a spoiler, so I'll keep it to myself. [:

blehhh I'm starting to not what to watch this now, if the appearing again is anything like I'm expecting from what I know about the story then I don't think I'll be able to watch it :( I don't like getting emotional in front of people, especially not in a crowded movie theatre. ;;

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Ya, unfortunately this season is pretty bad =_=

While I have a few guilty pleasures littered about (D.C.III, Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited, Haganai 2, Vanguard), they probably won't be anything particularly special.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha should prove amusing so long they don't make the rest of the show about boobs.
Hot Pants the anime AKA Vividred Operation is an original, so there's a bit of hope in there.
If you're into Otome Game anime, there's Amnesia, which as the premise suggests could be interesting depending on execution.
Tamako Market is Kyoto Animation's project for this season. Personally, I'm expecting more of the same.
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai seems to have an interesting premise (Also the only SHAFT show this season).
Love Live is an idol anime. As per a large main cast, how good you think the show is will probably depend on how much you like the characters and if said characters get screen time.
Fanservice-wise, there's Senran Kagura, both will probably be more action-oriented service.
Mondaiji seems like it'll be more of a personality/costume-based fanservice, but still looks promising maybe? I'd have to watch the first ep to get a better idea of what's going on there.

For my Guity Pleasures
If you're a fan of the Zettai Karen Children series, ZKC: The Unlimited takes the story into Hyoubu Kyousuke's side in his own story.
Da Capo III is a pretty generic dating sim. It's a classic title, but I wouldn't suggest watching it if you're not into galge shows.
And the others are sequels.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Russel Crowe was not a very good singer, but he played the part of Javiert exceptionally well. Also, Les Miserables was never a musical before - it was a book and, soon after, a play.

....isn't Les Mis literally the longest running musical on Broadway? Either that or Phantom, but still...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back