• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I liked The Hobbit, despite the fact that I had to see it in IMAX 3D with my younger cousins. They fleshed out much more of the backstory than they did for LOTR, so it's easier to grasp if you haven't read the book.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I saw The Hobbit twice. Its a pretty good film, a bit too long though in my opinion. It was easy enough to understand though, and I haven't read the books or even seen the LOTR movies yet.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Anybody looking forward to Warm Bodies? It's about a guy and a girl, but the guy is a zombie. LOL It looks really interesting and sweet in a zombie kind of way!

And about the Hobbit, I'm glad that they split it up for three movies... if Lord of the Rings had been split to six it would have been insane, but with the Hobbit we're not missing ANYTHING!

Years
I think Warm Bodies will be the next Zombieland or Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Similar demographics, and I think it could be a surprise hit. Nicholas Hoult is an up-and-coming actor who's quite talented.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've seen the Hobbit twice so far with every intention to see it again, I thought it was soooo good haha. I haven't seen the LotR trilogy to compare it to though, so perhaps that's the difference. :p

Years
I think Warm Bodies will be the next Zombieland or Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Similar demographics, and I think it could be a surprise hit. Nicholas Hoult is an up-and-coming actor who's quite talented.
The concept is just weird enough to work, but not so weird that it weirds people out. It's kind of like Twilight with zombies, but with enough self-awareness to know it's a silly concept.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Warm Bodies looks alright, not something I would rush out to go see though. I'm sick of those zombie movies to be honest. It's just so played out imo.

I just want to see The Great Gatsby! :D

Years
I just want to see The Great Gatsby! :D
That's certainly going to be a pretty movie. Every Baz Luhrmann film I've seen (all of them except Australia) has been good despite being something I wasn't initially interested in seeing. And since I'm not especially looking forward to The Great Gatsby I'm expecting it to be really good.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'm hoping its good because I actually read the book and I loved it. In most cases movies that are based on books suck imo, so im hoping this won't be the case!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
The Great Gatsby! I wish it hadn't been postponed to summer from December, because I was truly looking forward to it. I thought Toby Maguire had retired his film career, as I haven't seen him in anything recently except the terrible Spiderman films. He should be pretty decent in Gatsby, and Leonardo DiCaprio will be fantastic, I'm sure. Pretty excited, despite having not read the book.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
It probably would have lost out to most of the other releases anyway, but summer is no better a time for its release, honestly.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The big blockbusters get released in Summer. The movies that earn the most money traditionally get released in Summer. Gatsby is a ridonkulously expensive movie and needs to recoup its cost somehow. That's why it got moved to Summer.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I like films that take place in the past, especially around the 20's-70's. I find films set in the past to be more enjoyable and interesting. I'm probably the only one though xD

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Speaking of in the past, I want to see Gangster Squad, especially since it features Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling, one hell of a pair.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I like films that take place in the past, especially around the 20's-70's. I find films set in the past to be more enjoyable and interesting. I'm probably the only one though xD

I agree with you there, but I have no idea why! Films set in the past are always so much more alluring, but I can't think of any reason for this other than it's interesting to see the designs/styles/mannerisms back then, but that definitely isn't enough to cover for the stories so that's quite an interesting question, I wonder why they are so much more alluring?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
The Screen Actor Guild Awards are on! I can say I'm a little surprised Tommy Lee Jones won Best Male Actor in a Supporting Role. More Robert de Niro, please! ): I guess Hathaway wasn't satisfied with just a Golden Globe for her performance in Les Miserables.

We'll see how the evening plays out.

Last edited:

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
The Screen Actor Guild Awards are on! I can say I'm a little surprised Tommy Lee Jones won Best Male Actor in a Supporting Role. More Robert de Niro, please! ): I guess Hathaway wasn't satisfied with just a Golden Globe for her performance in Les Miserables.

We'll see how the evening plays out.

I found Tommy Lee Jones totally bland and forgettable in Lincoln. I really don't get the love. From here, it looks like de Niro may not be able to win after all (though I'm still rooting for him, and Hoffman). I don't mind Hathaway's win at all (I'm not fond of her performance in retrospect, but I understand the love, unlike TLJ).

Very, very happy J-Law won. Her speech was genuine and I loved it. I'm also fairly glad Chastain lost Oscar traction with this loss (I love her, but I wouldn't give her an Oscar for a film where I have nothing in particular to say about besides its technical merit).

Pretty cool that Argo won Best Ensemble (I'd rather it go to the much smaller cast of SLP, but I'm okay with whatever Argo wins).

Yay for Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin winning again :D Cranston winning is also awesome, as well as Danes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back