• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which generation was your first?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2023
I started with the original Pokemon Red. After I beat that I got Blue, than Yellow. I've been with the franchise ever since. :D

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
Years
Generation 2 here, pokémon silver was my first :P I always picked Chikorita as my starter because of that touching episode with Bayleef T^T.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
For me it was 1st generation, Pokémon Red was my first. Which then lead me to play Blue and Yellow. Great memories.

MistressShiki

~Dragon~
Years
  • Age 27
  • NJ
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I started with diamond and pearl, but then I went back and played most of the previous ones too.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Technically, my first generation was Yellow, but it was borrowed from someone, so the first game I actually owned was from the fourth generation-Diamond, to be specific. I used to hack EVERYTHING back then.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm a Gen I girl, though I was late on the train. Yellow was my first game but I sort of consider Silver my "real" first game since I progressed in that one so much more. Idk lol

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Gold was my first with my starter as Totodile. I saw my neighbour playing it and persuaded her to let me borrow the cartridge for a few days. Got hooked on Pokemon ever since.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
The first generation with the original 151 is where I started and quit playing after Gold and Silver were finished, moved to Xbox and have been there ever since. I'm now jumping right back into Pokemon with Pokemon X and it sounds as though my older brother is doing the same and will be getting Pokemon Y.

Back