• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the Video Game Music Above!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
7.5/10 Quite peaceful..

Spoiler:

Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Hydrocity Zone Act 2 (yes, I posted music that fits my theme n.n)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
When I first played through Uprising, I didn't really "notice" the music, if you will. It wasn't until I decided to listen to some of the music on Youtube that I realized the brilliance of it. This one is no different. It has a very Disney-esque vibe to it, hell I'd wager someone would mistake it for something out of Disney! This musical style really compliments Uprising's style and gameplay all things considered. Sadly, it's ultimately forgettable, and something I'd rather listen to while playing the game rather than on its own.

7.5/10

My choice:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
It is really nice for a forest theme, really gives off a jungle feeling. It's also soothing and has a nice melody overall.

7/10

Here's a tune from a very old game, LBA2.
Spoiler:

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
^ 8/10. When I first heard it I didn't care for it that much. It almost sounded like it would apply to some sort of desolate landscape. But then this Irish jig-sounding tune came in, and I was like, "Whoa". Now it seems fitting for, say, an army of toy soldiers. I wish it had a little more variety in the tune, but I guess that's just me with liking interesting melodies and all.

Anyway, this below is one of my favourite pieces of video game music, and quite frankly, I'm surprised nobody mentioned music from any related games.

Spoiler:

The song is "Flowering Night" from Touhou: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
^ 7/10

It is better than I thought it would be! But it somehow feels more like movie music than video game music to me. Also, it could have used a bit more dramatic instruments. But that's just my opinion xD Loved the middle and ending violin part though!

Spoiler:

WoW has one of the best soundtracks for a game in existence, imo. And this is one of the best songs. The beginning is beautiful, the second half is epic.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
9/10; I'm a sucker for these types of tracks. Another thing that makes me regret never getting the chance to play the game.

Now, a track from one of my favorite games:

Picture the fight with Koloktos (or watch it on youtube) as you listen. xD

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I've never played Okami, but that sounds pretty good. I give that a 8.5/10.

Now, does THIS bring back some great memories. The best music on the game.

Back