• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: FireRed 649 Patch

Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
for this patch you should make players look at the person before battling

I definitely agree with this

Guys, it's not my job to do something so relatively simple for you. Put the time and effort in yourself, and who knows, you may learn something as you do it!

Appreciate what I have put in, don't complain about what isn't in (unless it's directly relevant to the main focus of the patch).

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Guys, it's not my job to do something so relatively simple for you. Put the time and effort in yourself, and who knows, you may learn something as you do it!

Appreciate what I have put in, don't complain about what isn't in (unless it's directly relevant to the main focus of the patch).
sorry? you dont have to get mad. i was just making a suggestion.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
sorry? you dont have to get mad. i was just making a suggestion.

Don't apologise for making a perfectly legitimate suggestion. I was only trying to encourage you (and many others who are thinking similar questions) to go find the tutorial I wrote to add the Trainer Facing Fix, and try to implement it yourself.

If you try and succeed, you learned the basics of inserting ASM, if you tried and failed, I will offer assistance, but if you don't try at all, I won't help you.

I got no such help when I was learning to ASM hack, and I had to learn everything for myself. In many ways, the best way to learn it is to back up your hack and just try until you get it right!

lord_hardware

Lord Hardware
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
you wouldn't happen to have the config for YAPE would you? i've tried supplimenting the data from the PGE config but it seems to not enjoy it. (or maybe I'm an idiot)

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
YAPE is just completely incompatible with it. Don't try to use it. All you'll do is break something I spent many hours putting together, because many of the structures are different in the 649 Patch vs. a Clean Fire Red ROM.

iwelshykid

Welshy
Years
Sorry if this has already been solved/answered, as I didn't comb through the whole thread, but when I play the game I'm only seeing Gen 1 Pokemon? I know I patched it right because the sprites are different and there's a day/night cycle.
Not sure if there's a second pokedex I need to get or what, someone mind pointing me in the right direction?

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
Hi Jambo.great to see you are still doing so much in this patch of yours. You remember me? I guess. I was busy learning everything. I worked on a hacked rom(because i have played all gba games,there was no fun adding new pokemons in them and playing again). So instead i chosed a hacked rom,and firstly inserted sprites. I learned and inserted cries, few pokedex entries,moves,etc. I tried editing hero and heroin sprite,using unzlb,nse,rsball,etc,but everytime the colous messed up...(yes i know how to use ape also now).so i repointed hero and heroins sprites to anothere in game trainers sprites.now just need to figure out how to do the backsprite.(i know the procedure,i have done that too,but the colour wont change.)...i was not satisfied with the way the legendaries were treated in game,so i added more legandaries like darkrai-x,6 fakemons,kaldeo,terakion,cobalion,virizion,shaymin,kyurems two forms.(i succesfully created two items to evolve kyurem to its two forms,like water stone,fire stone,but that didint worked)etc. I learned and wrote scripts in pksv,xse. Created a new safari zone,rotom and spiritomb event,and lot lot more.and there was a day a year ago,when i knew nothing about hacking.not even how to insert a new pokemon sprite in game. It was your patch that inspired me,and the help from shiny absol. I shall be thankfull to you both.
I am having just few problems.i scanned through net,this site,forum,everywhere. I didnt got what i wanted.and if i got the solutions,unfortunately they wont work..i dont know any reliable source,so I am posting here. Again i know this forum is not for help,but maybe you will consider mine as expection.
I have succesfully changed titlescreen in a clean rom,but when i try to change the titlescreen of a hacked rom(it has already been changed by the hacker)'meaning i want to change it the second time,it wont work.the color just wont come. I tried unzlb,nse,nuzlb,all. Can you point a way...or atleast tell if its possible to do so.
Any simple guide somewhere to change all unowns form,name,moves...i really want to utilise those 26 unown spots.
Rest problems i will find the solutions,but i want a good,my heart pleasing titlescreen for the game i put in so much.plz help me.
Again sorry for such a long post. Thanks for all your help,without which i wont even have started hacking.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Take care and all the best with your life and future. Regards...

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Sorry if this has already been solved/answered, as I didn't comb through the whole thread, but when I play the game I'm only seeing Gen 1 Pokemon? I know I patched it right because the sprites are different and there's a day/night cycle.
Not sure if there's a second pokedex I need to get or what, someone mind pointing me in the right direction?

Read. The. First. Post. I refuse to answer questions from people who clearly haven't done so! I don't expect you to read the entire thread, but the first post should always be your first stop since it explains everything.

cut for brevity

tl;dr. (Actually, I did read it, and came to the conclusion that it's mostly spam). I don't need to know your life story, especially if it's irrelevant to the thread, which this is.

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
[snip]

I just fixed a fairly major bug with the regional dex code in the patch. This bug meant that (after getting the Pokédex) that evolutions filled the wrong spot in the Pokédex. I have now actually fixed this. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Tamsheel wth is wrong with you lol

Hey Jambo thnx for this patch and the latest fix does lc use this patch and if it does since you fixed the pokedex bug will liquid crystal get its pokedex fixed soon?
Also will you add the new items, moves, tms, abilities etc in the hack link said he wnt add new gen pokemon but i never saw him saying anything for the rest
Someone said that he saw a new gen pokemon in lc and that makes me wonder if u have a surprise for us in the future :D

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hey Jambo thnx for this patch and the latest fix does lc use this patch and if it does since you fixed the pokedex bug will liquid crystal get its pokedex fixed soon?

I already fixed it in LC, but the patch hasn't been updated yet, so you won't get the benefit of it. Bear in mind that it'll only fix it for future Pokémon evolutions, I can't make it backwards compatible.

Also will you add the new items, moves and abilities in the hack link said he wnt add new gen pokemon but i never saw him saying anything for the rest
Someone said that he saw a new gen pokemon in lc and that makes me wonder if u have a surprise for us in the future :D

No, he saw a remnant of me copying the decapitalised names over from the 649 Patch. The new Pokémon are definitely NOT being added. The plan is to add the 4th gen moves, and possibly some of the abilities. (And even then, that's only because the Physical/Special split needs balanced!)

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
I already fixed it in LC, but the patch hasn't been updated yet, so you won't get the benefit of it. Bear in mind that it'll only fix it for future Pokémon evolutions, I can't make it backwards compatible.
Eh, so Liquid Crystal have 649 pokemons? If yes i'll give it a try

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Jambo51 said:
This is not a hack. You cannot catch all 649 Pokémon just using my patch. It is a BASE for hackers to create hacks with.

This single sentence just crushed my hopes completely. =( I'm no hacker, and it would be a long time before any hack was made that incorporated everything you've done. I was really looking forward to a FireRed 649 full hack as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back