• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New team thoughts

Years
So I finally finished my new team and wanted to know what you guys think of it. I'm also looking for suggestions in possible replacements, since I kind of thought of this on the go, so to speak.

Politoed @ Leftovers (Drizzle)
Bold-252hp 252def 4sdef
-Scald
-Encore
-Hypnosis(Was Protect but I wanted to try Hypnosis)
-Ice Beam(Since I don't really have anything for Gliscor)

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge (Rain Dish)
Bold-252hp 212def 46sdef
-Scald
-T.Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Protect(For stalling or to get some Sludge-Rain Dish on the turn)

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge (Dry Skin)
Adamant-244hp-252atk-14def
-Bulk Up
-Substitute
-Sucker Punch
-Drain Punch

Quagsire @ Leftovers (Unaware)
Relaxed-252hp-252def
-Scald
-Earthquake(Awesome move, also gets the STAB so why not I guess)
-Toxic
-Recover

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet (Iron Barbs)
Relaxed-252hp-90def-168sdef
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed(Went with L.Seed instead of Spikes since I had no recovery)

Scizor @ Choice Band (Technician)
Adamant-248hp-252atk-8sp
-U-Turn
-Brick Break(I've seen that screeners have become more common so i put this instead of Superpower)
-Pursuit

Anti

return of the king
Years
This looked like a competitive team so I moved it to the main forum. If it's not meant for that, I can move it back, but it sure looks like it!

(Also posting to bump this 'cause I'm very late to modding this and I don't want it to go unnoticed!)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
So I finally finished my new team and wanted to know what you guys think of it. I'm also looking for suggestions in possible replacements, since I kind of thought of this on the go, so to speak.

Politoed @ Leftovers (Drizzle)
Bold-252hp 252def 4sdef
-Scald
-Encore
-Hypnosis(Was Protect but I wanted to try Hypnosis)
-Ice Beam(Since I don't really have anything for Gliscor)
Skip Hypnosis and replace it with Perish Song. This is a bulky set, therefore, with team coverage, it should stay alive until the end of the game when you have one more than the opponent and Perish Song will end it.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge (Rain Dish)
Bold-252hp 212def 46sdef
-Scald
-T.Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Protect(For stalling or to get some Sludge-Rain Dish on the turn)
Replace Rain Dish with Liquid Ooze to check for Leech Seeding Ferrothorn's; the ultimate Rain Ferro counter, in all honesty. Everything else is fine.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge (Dry Skin)
Adamant-244hp-252atk-14def
-Bulk Up
-Substitute
-Sucker Punch
-Drain Punch
Fine.

Quagsire @ Leftovers (Unaware)
Relaxed-252hp-252def
-Scald
-Earthquake(Awesome move, also gets the STAB so why not I guess)
-Toxic
-Recover
Remove Toxic and use Curse for one of the best Quagsire sets. Countered mainly by grass types, but checks everything else except Rotom-W and a few strays.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet (Iron Barbs)
Relaxed-252hp-90def-168sdef
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed(Went with L.Seed instead of Spikes since I had no recovery)
Remove Rocky Helmet and add Leftovers for more residual recovery.

Scizor @ Choice Band (Technician)
Adamant-248hp-252atk-8sp
-U-Turn
-Brick Break(I've seen that screeners have become more common so i put this instead of Superpower)
-Pursuit
You should have Bullet Punch on this set as well to capitalize on Technician. Replace Brick Break with Superpower as the need for Superpower will come more often with things like Rotom-W and Tyranitar as well as specially defensive +0 Conkeldurr when they try to switch in on anti-meta Brick Break.

Screens are also few and far between.

Nice team.

Back