• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype gasped for breath as she slowed down. They were approaching a small group of Pokemon still scattering around. The Kill all order was in place but they still needed to gather information. It was likely if they weren't hiding, they weren't important. The ones that were hiding had secrets. Snype readjusted himself, feeling himself being poked by Levina's spikes. Snype snickered again as he tightened his grip again, looking among the Pokemon.

He used Shadow Sneak to send his shadow out toward a nearby Pokemon to attack it and looked down at Jolteon, patting her side.

"Kehehe, I'm ready. Challenge me." Snype said.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Madman' Malum - Home

Penance smirked at them all in turn. Well, they were all mad, and rather to a high degree at that! Sir, the Gallade is already pushing away all the connections, like you said he would. Should we start him up on it now?

Penance closed his eyes, a small smile still on his bill, No, keep him still in range though. He'll be needed for later of course.

The Golduck regarded Truestriker, "Yes, don't worry Hanso, you defeated the big bad psychics links on your mind." At that the group of psychics chuckled lightly. "Though you should keep that defense up, it'll help you much later on." He said with a nod. "For now though, Paladin is fine at the moment. He'll be sleeping for some time though... or it could be shorter, depending on WHEN he wants to wake up. And no Zane, I have nothing to answer for. This is the way things start so for now we put that history aside." He chuckled softly, "And what makes you think we haven't been planning? That's what we do Vigil... plan."

One of the Alakazams spoke up, "Penance. They found the note, a kill all order is being ordered by the end of the day."

The Golduck closed his eyes and thought for a bit, nodding after a while. "Hm, quicker than I thought. Alright, follow me. Have strategies 48, 52, and 104 on standby. The Alakazam nodded and teleported away along with the rest of the psychics as Penance walked over to a wall and pushed against it, revealing a doorway, "Well come on Goldies. We need to get going." He stated as he headed out of the door.

Once everyone would step out they would see that the whole area outside was actually like a small town. There were houses made out of stone here, a small pond of water that was situated near a grassy plains with some trees on it to provide the oxygen of course, and lots of pokemon about. While it wasn't anything as close to having a population that lived up top in Cape City, there were still a bunch of 'mon walking about. It seemed everyone was busy at the moment. There were fire types heating up metal and fighting types using hammers to smooth out iron sheets they were working on. It seemed that there were several areas being dug into as psychic aided the diggers by moving away any large dirt piles that accumulated behind them.

The majority of pokemon didn't bother to awknowledge them as they walked past with Penance and the Golduck stopped near the a part of the floor and knelt down, "Alright, we have mapped out this part already, but we still are unable to find that gold crystal. It must be hidden." He stated. Right on the ground was a rather massive map. The locations of various tunnels had been marked on the map and there were more recent marks detailing patrol routes of the Ancients as well as new ways to enter the city above via newly dug tunnels. "Alright, with this map finding the gold crystal will be easy. Look it over then. If you need any help just call for Lashire, he should be around here somewhere."

He glanced over at another building. "When you all are done and you have the location head over there. Go in and you can shop around. Don't take too long though." He stated as he walked off and headed toward several other pokemon that were clustered around a board that had lots of writing on it and began to consult with them.

Years
  • Seen today
Accatosh "Blitzkried" Corronis

Accatosh thought for a moment, Paladin? He could have sworn he knew a Paladin. He pushed the thought aside and listened to the Golduck, who was called Penance.
..."And what makes you think we haven't been planning? That's what we do Vigil... plan." the Golduck stated. So a planner? Accatosh thought, however, "even the best plans of Sentenals and psychics often fail terribly." he let that thought press forward, certain that if the Psychics had actually linked with their minds that they would hear. He reluctantly followed them through the doorway that Penance opened, he was curious what these strategies were. when he could, he called out the Golduck's name, "Penance! if I may inquire, I would like to know your plans, I myself have some knowledge in strategy and I honestly would be interested to hear of your plans for taking the city."

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Underground Town

"Now, wake up. WAKE UP!"

The voice of the Xatu still rang in Paladin's ears as his eyes shot open. He breathed quickly and deeply, blinking a few times so his vision would come back into focus. His breath slowed as he relaxed himself. He was still in the same place, an underground lair, but he felt...normal. Normal was a feeling he hadn't felt in a long, long time. Wait...had he ever felt normal? Not that he could remember. But he could remember. There was a time, long ago, before all this mess, that Paladin could honestly say he felt normal. The first thing Paladin saw when he awoke was a great, green Salamence with an angry look on his face. Paladin didn't move, but he felt absolutely terrified. Where was this fear coming from? He hadn't been afraid of the Salamence before, but it seemed as if some hidden instinct inside him had been awoken. This instinct apparently caused him to feel paralyzed at the sight of a Dragon-type Pokemon. Eventually, though, the fear faded when he realized that the Salamence's anger was not directed at him. The second thing Paladin saw was his good friend Allora sitting beside him. She seemed worried sick. Then, a voice began ringing in Paladin's ears, if any, and he realized that it wasn't the Xatu this time. It was another, more sly-sounding voice. The voice sounded confident, almost too confident. He shifted his head to face the direction of the voice, and saw various members of the Gold Tribe along with the Golduck. The Xatu was nowhere to be seen, but Paladin assumed that he had been under the employment of this Pokemon. The Golurk tried to get up, but found that his body was unresponsive to his brain's commands. He could only move his eyes and his head, and even that took much strength from him.

Paladin imagined that his tiredness had not only come from the collision with the ceiling, but also the amount of energy that his transformation had used up. He had let his dark powers take him over, and it had cost him dearly, and yet...he did not regret it. During that short period of time when he was the darker version of himself, he felt so strong that he could not resist it. The strength felt...amazing! Still, it also seemed like he was no longer in control of himself. As if he had been...possessed or something.

Suddenly, Paladin was overcome by a horrible pain in his head. The migraine was returning, almost as bad as before. Images flashed before his eyes, flashbacks of times long gone.

Come on! We can't stop now, Paladin!
Slow down, brother! You'll..!
Aaaargh!
Brother! You will pay, foul Ancient! Pay with your life!

A battle flashed before him before the migraine ceased. Paladin wanted to scream from the pain, but he found that nothing could come out of his vocal cords, since they, too, were unresponsive. Paladin was with another Pokemon, his ally and friend, a member of the Gold Tribe. They were fighting in...Gold City, Paladin recalled. They were fighting for the city, against wave after wave of Ancients. Paladin had lost many brothers and sisters that day...

Finally, Paladin could move again. He quickly sat up, just as the Golduck appeared to be leading the group out of the arena. Allora was still beside him. "I'm..." he grunted, realizing that his vocal cords were once again at his disposal, "fine. I'm fine, Allora." He turned his head, now with relative ease, to face some of the other Gold Tribe members who were being led by the strange Golduck. Apparently, he was now on their side, despite the ordeal he had put them through. Paladin disliked this Pokemon already, but decided to follow after him in hopes of finding a way out of this place. "Come on," Paladin said to Allora, as he heaved his large self up with a groan.

The Golduck, whom Paladin had now identified as the Madman, led them out of the arena and into what looked like a small underground settlement. There were houses and building all around them, and it looked a lot like a more suppressed version of a community. Were these perhaps refugees? Paladin turned his attention back to the Madman. This was undoubtedly the figure he had come here to see; the mysterious Pokemon with connections all over Valkaria. He wanted to ask him so many questions, but decided to hold back as they advanced through the underground town. Hardly any Pokemon spared a second glance at the Gold Tribe, though some turned their attention from their chores to look at the towering Golurk. He found himself feeling sorry for these poor Pokemon, who had been driven from their homes into the underground. Paladin's attention was then drawn to Zane Tyrael, otherwise known as Vigil. Paladin was now certain that he knew this Pokemon. They had been good friends in the old days, and had fought quite a few battles together. Zane was sort of a legacy, although the legacy may have skipped a generation, since his grandfather was also a member of the noble defenders of Valkaria. Paladin, on the other hand, had joined the Gold Tribe many years earlier, when he was discarded by his family and taken in by...he couldn't remember. However, he was stunned that he had already remembered this much. After a year of searching, it was all coming back to him. He felt overjoyed as a few childhood memories of training at the HAS Academy came back to him, barely noticing the slight headache that came with them.

"Alright, we have mapped out this part already, but we still are unable to find that gold crystal. It must be hidden." said the Madman, stopping and kneeling down on the ground in front of a massive map. Gold Crystal? What was he talking about? The words ignited a spark in Paladin's memories, but he could not remember where h had heard that term before. "Alright, with this map finding the gold crystal will be easy. Look it over then. If you need any help just call for Lashire, he should be around here somewhere." the Madman said. Paladin noticed various routes that had been marked on the map with impressive detail. This thing must have taken a long time to craft. "When you all are done and you have the location head over there. Go in and you can shop around. Don't take too long though." and with that, Madman left the group and made his way over to several other Pokemon gathered around a board, and began discussing something with them. Paladin was about to make his way over to the Madman to ask him the questions that had been plaguing his mind for over a year, but the green Salamence from earlier beat him to it. "Penance! If I may inquire, I would like to know your plans, I myself have some knowledge in strategy and I honestly would be interested to hear of your plans for taking the city." Penance? Paladin guessed that it was the Madman's real name, but how would the Salamence know that? Did he have some prior connection to this Pokemon?

Paladin overlooked the structure of the map before him. He then proceeded to retrieve the map Excadrill had given him from his satchel. Comparing the two, Paladin saw that the map he had been given was in fact a tracing of a section of the map before him. An exact tracing, which meant that Excadrill had been here before, and had seen the whole map. Was he also working for the Madman? And if so, what of Veletra's true intent? Was she working for him, too? Maybe they had been plotting to send Paladin and Allora down here all along. This brought up another important matter in Paladin's mind: the saving of Veletra. This whole Madman business had taken so long that Veletra could have been captured and killed by now. Deciding that Veletra's life was more important than Penance's talk with other Pokemon, Paladin approached the Golduck with thundering steps. "Madman. I believe we haven't been formally introduced. My name is Saul, though I would prefer you referred to me as Paladin," Paladin said grudgingly. He didn't want to be so nice to this Pokemon, who had tricked and trapped him like a common Rattata. However, he knew it was the only way he'd be getting out of here any time soon. "There is a pressing matter that I must attend to, but I cannot because you have taken me here. One of your operatives, Veletra, is in danger of being captured by the Silver Tribe, if she hasn't been already. She might die. Please, let me rescue her."

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Levina ~ Cape City
Levina watched as Snype attacked a nearby Pokemon. She took a few steps in an antsy way. The lust for battle slowly becoming overwhelming to her. Snype patter her side as he spoke, "Kehehe, I'm ready. Challenge me." Levina looked back at him with an evil smirk. "Don't say I didn't warn you. This might smart a bit." She giggled as set her sights on a passing Marrill. The flow of electricity poured into Snype as Levina's body crackled and sparked, gaining power. Levina released the built up power and sent it towards the poor Marrill, hitting her dead on. The Marrill let out a horrible screech, as its body convulsed in pain, before going limp on the ground. Levina laughed as the surrounding Pokemon began to scatter in fear. "And the game is on! How are you doing my partner?" She smirked once again at Snype.

Allora ~ Underground City
Allora watched quietly as the Golduck chose to ignore her question. Instead he just ensured her that Paladin would be ok. His comment about when Paladin would wake up worried her though. Her eyes slowly returned to normal as she realized there wasn't anything she could do but wait. Wait and hope that Paladin would wake up soon. Allora let out a sigh as she watched the others follow the crazed Golduck through an opening in a wall that he opened up. She wasn't going to move from Paladin's side. Allora jumped when she caught movement in her peripheral vision. She jerked her head to see Paladin sitting up in front of her. "Paladin!" She sort of cooed at him as happiness and relief washed over her. "I'm..." Paladin grunted, "fine. I'm fine, Allora." Allora smiled and fought the urge to hug the Golurk. "I am really happy you're ok. I was really worried."

"Come on," Paladin said as he stood with a groan and proceeded to follow the group. Allora did not move. She stood and watched her friend walk away from her. There was something different about him. This Pokemon that she looked upon wasn't the Golurk she knew just moments before. He was quiet and serious. Was it that event? Did that color change do this to him? Allora didn't understand what was going on with her friend but now apparently wasn't the time to talk. She sighed and finally followed the group once Paladin had disappeared into the other room. She looked around to see many other Pokemon hard at work. With the buildings and the pond, it was like a little city hidden under the streets of Cape City. Allora walked up to the group, who was now gathered around a map, and sat a ways from them. She quietly watched and listened as the others talked about the Gold Crystal and getting prepared at that shop. This whole thing just seemed odd. Obviously there was something that everyone, including Paladin, knew and she didn't. Was it the fact that she has been on her own for so long? Being stuck in the city to scrape together what information she could......

Allora watched as Paladin approached the Golduck as if he was one of them now. She didn't understand how he could so easily trust someone who, more than likely, was the one to order him placed into a state of unconsciousness. Allora continued to watch as Paladin introduced himself. "Madman. I believe we haven't been formally introduced. My name is Saul, though I would prefer you referred to me as Paladin," he said. "There is a pressing matter that I must attend to, but I cannot because you have taken me here. One of your operatives, Veletra, is in danger of being captured by the Silver Tribe, if she hasn't been already. She might die. Please, let me rescue her." Allora was taken back by Paladin's words. Veletra was working for Madman? All this time she had trusted Veletra and now…was she the reason why Allora was here in the first place? Allora didn't know whether to feel grateful or insulted. Grateful because she was introduced to Paladin and reunited with the other Gold Tribe members but insulted because she hid this from her and is the reason why she was put through the Golduck's so called test. Allora approached the two and sat down, her tails whipping in her normal hypnotic pattern. "Paladin is right. We need to rescue her. That is where we were headed when you lead us here. If she is dead…..it will be on your head." Allora coldly said to the Golduck. It wasn't like Allora to be cold towards anyone but, with everything that had happened, she wasn't in the mood for games anymore.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Lair of the Madman

Penance spoke with one of the Alakazam that floated nearby him as Zane silently watched. He found he had nothing to say to Penance as he spoke to him and the others and led them out of the doorway. Or rather, he didn't feel like saying anything to him. The Golduck wasn't the same he had come to depend upon the last months. He was changed. But it still didn't change the fact that they needed his help, along with his followers. Obviously, not the entire Gold Tribe felt the same way.

"Vigil," the voice of Gallant said to him from behind as they passed through the underground city to wherever Penance was leading them. "What are we doing?"

"What do you mean?" Zane inquired of his old teacher.

"What the hell are we doing with this guy. We can't trust him. Do you know what he is? What he did?" Zane could see Gallant was still very angry about this entire situation. He felt he carried a wound with him, one from long ago, but yet never really healed.

"We need his help, brother. He's helping us. Besides, it's Penance. Before yesterday, he was still one of the Gold Tribe."

"That doesn't excuse anything. He's a menace. A killer. They all are." He retorted quickly. He spoke with a hiss in his voice, yet low enough so that the affiliates of the Madman would hopefully not pick up. "That's not Penance anymore. I'm not sure he ever existed to begin with."

"Gallant..." Zane began, but was interrupted by Penance.

"Alright, we have mapped out this part already, but we still are unable to find that gold crystal. It must be hidden." He said to them. Zane looked passed Gallant and saw what it was the Golduck stared down upon, a massive map of the underground tunnels. The map was detailed, beyond which he had never seen before. It was marked with various locations and symbols, as well as patrol variations and ways into the city above. He had no idea how he had managed to craft such a map, yet here it was. He looked above at the others for a moment, spotting Paladin up and about with the others. He smiled at his direction, much wishing to converse with his old friend and recollect, but deciding against it at the moment. There would be time to rejoice once everything had been sorted. For now, there was too much to do. Zane looked across at Guardia, who eyed the map intensely, as if to try to make sense of her own memories with the map.

"Yea...yea I think I got it!" She said, placing one claw at the bottom right section of the map, just past Old Cape City. "I think I know where it is. And if we use these tunnels down here..." She said, pointing through an array of tunnels which led around the Old Cape City that the Ancients populated, "...we should be able to get there without much trouble."

Zane nodded in understanding. Their path seemed laid out. After all of this trouble, it almost seemed a bit too easy to get there now. He could hardly believe that the Gold Crystal was so close. A sudden thought snapped through his head, as he realized that the three new Gold Tribe members, Paladin, the Ninetales, and the Lilligant probably didn't have any idea about the item. As he eyed the three of them, he spoke, "It's a sort of artifact. Something we found out about in our travels. It's hard to explain everything now, but it's supposed to be able to stop all of this. End this war. That's why we're after it. I'll explain more when we get back. Speaking of which, we should depart soon."

Zane then overheard as Paladin and the Ninetales began speaking to Penance about another Pokemon, apparently one of his minions, and how they wanted to rescue her. The Pokemon sounded important to the two of them, which led him to believe that this 'Veletra' had possibly helped them in some way. Regardless, they seemed set on going to help, even if that meant walking into enemy territory, but Zane didn't want to send them alone. "I can't let you two go out there to rescue this Pokemon," He began. "Not after we just found you. At least, not alone." He looked through the other Gold Tribe members, as if to choose a suitable few people to accompany them on the mission.

"Hell, I'm not letting the two of them go at it alone. Especially since I know one of 'em..." Gallant piped up, grinning as he approached them, "Well, well. Allora the Shadow Protector. I knew I recognized you. You're looking sharp as ever, kid." He said, continuing to grin as he turned to face Zane. "I'll go with them and help." Zane nodded in agreement, then turned to the others to see who else he could select.

"Speculum, do you mind going with them as well?" He asked, to which the Ditto immediately nodded in agreement. "Sure thing, boss man!" He exclaimed, moving himself beside them. Zane smiled, then looked at the newcomer Lilligant. "If you like, you may also join them. You were with them last, after all."

Zane turned back to Penance, speaking with him in an almost neutral tone, neither disdain nor pleasure in his voice. "If you could spare one of yours to guide them through to the top to rescue this 'Veletra', that would be helpful."

He awaited their replies, as he looked back to see Guardia scribbling a map of the tunnels on a smaller sheet of paper to remember the way to the Gold Crystal. The others prepared to depart, some of them heading to the building Penance mentioned before to prepare. However, Zane's eyes landed on the Keeper, who had been apart of the group the entire time, but had yet to make a sound since they entered the tunnels to begin with. The Alakazam Gold Tribe member sat cross-legged in a sort of meditation stance, or that was what Zane thought it was. He had kept most of his distance, except for the occasional comment. The odd thing now was he appeared to be smiling. Smiling at the psychics around, then glancing around at the many faces of the Gold Tribe, before gazing upon Zane. He smiled at him too, adding a nod as well. Zane couldn't figure him out, no matter how he tried. He still didn't understand why he had decided to come with him. He didn't fight at all with them yet, not during the encounter with the scouts, nor inside the illusion with the Madman. He claimed he was here to give counsel, yet that he had done little to do as well. No strategies of battle, nor advice about how to fight the Sentinels. Nothing.

Perhaps Zane was thinking of him in the wrong way. Maybe his counsel, his advice was for something completely different. The Keeper was tied somehow with the history of the Gold Crystal. Perhaps he would enlighten them when they got it. Zane decided he would figure it out later, returning his thoughts back to the others, awaiting their response on how to move. The sooner the plans were set in motion, the better.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Madman' Malum

Penance heard the Salamance speak up and turned to regard him, "Really? You want to help?" The Golduck thought about it for a second, "Sure. We need many minds to think up of more plans. Come on over and pop a seat." He stated. Though as soon as the Salamance had come to him the Golurk and Ninetales approached and pretty much blamed him for Veletra being captured. He rolled his eyes and glared at the two, "Well if you two hadn't interfered with her then she wouldn't have been captured! She had the plan in motion and throw in a few loose screws and everything falls apart! But for now quit your whining. She's not dead nor will she die. We already know where she is being taken with our scouts following after her. So then."

He whistled and the Abra from before ported right on top of his head. "Hm? Yes?" He asked lazily.

Penance pointed at the group, "Lead them to Veletra. We have her position being investigated every second so just follow the instructions." The Abra smirked and leaped off his head, "Will do Penance!" He snickered and glanced about, "So whoever is a crybaby follow me! We'll get sweet Veletra and bandage her up!" He crackled and began to walk off.

Meanwhile Penance came up behind Guardia and nodded, "Ah. Well that would explain it." He gestured up toward the ceiling. "Leon! Get down here!" He shouted out loud. There was a brief silence then a black shape suddenly appeared to be falling from the ceiling, right before he hit the ground a Pidgeotto came out from the darkness near the ceiling and flew low enough so that the shape was able to use the bird as a soft landing step and finally came to a stop right on the ground. A rather muscular Weavile with a green bandanna tied around his left bicep stood there before the group. "Yeah? So I'm coming?" Penance nodded, "We'll need your help. We'll need ya to do some quick assassinations if we want to get to the Crystal quickly."

Leon snorted, "Don't need any of them, just send me in alone. You know what I am capable of Penance." He said with a boastful tone.

Penance frowned, "They wouldn't want to, right Zane?" He asked the Bisharp. "Though for now, help them with getting their gear."

Leon smirked and headed off to the building as well, "This way Goldies. Now, there are some rules." He stated as he opened up the building and headed in. "First off, only take a few items, not much. Second, touch something you aren't supposed to touch, I cut off your hand. Third, piss me off and I kill you, good?" He asked. The building was not that big, but it contained many items in it. Berries, hand items, evolution stones, and all manners of small weaponry. Though... the key feature was actually a small table set up there. A good twenty or so Gold Tribe emblems were on the table, each having a plate identifying which symbol belonged to the various deceased Gold Tribe members. Right above the table was another plate that identified the emblems as 'Trophies'. "Go ahead and shop." The Weavile said as he leaned against the wall and checked upon his claws.

Years
  • Seen today
Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Corronis

"Really? You want to help?" The Golduck thought about it for a second, "Sure. We need many minds to think up of more plans. Come on over and pop a seat."

Accatosh found a place to 'sit' and waited, he noticed the Golurk, that the Ninetales had called Paladin. after they inquired about a Veletra, another member of the group, who's title escaped him named the Ninetales as Allora the Shadow Protector. Accatosh turned to the Golurk "it's good to see you up and well again Brother," he said in a friendly tone before turning to Allora, "The Shadow Protector right? where were you from sister? I don't remember ever hearing of your name and title before..." he shook his head in disappointment, "where are my manners... I'm Accatosh Corronis, Known as Blitzkrieg... It's an honor to meet you." He turned his attention back to the Golduck after introductions, and small talk was done.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Underground Town

The audacity of it. After everything this insolent cretin had put them through, Paladin had attempted to reason with him instead of dismembering him limb from limb. This was the response he got. Flared up, the angry Golurk took a step towards the Madman, intent on giving him a lesson, but his attention was turned to another Pokemon who came nearby. "I can't let you two go out there to rescue this Pokemon," said Zane. "Not after we just found you. At least, not alone." Paladin turned to face him, paying no more mind to the nuisance behind him. He was touched at Zane's concern for his and Allora's safety. It was only then that he noticed that Allora had joined him, and felt stupid for not realizing it earlier. She had a concerned look on her face. Paladin wanted to reassure her, but Zane spoke again. "I can't let you two go out there to rescue this Pokemon," he said. Paladin was somewhat surprised at these words. From what he could recollect, Vigil had been a well-respected member of the Gold Tribe when it was in its prime, but he had never actually been in a position to give orders. This led Paladin to assume that the Bisharp must have become the leader of this group of remaining members. "Not after we just found you. At least, not alone." Zane continued, as he proceeded to scan the area for suitable companions for the trek. Paladin personally didn't think he needed any help, but it would certainly be appreciated. "Hell, I'm not letting the two of them go at it alone. Especially since I know one of 'em..." said another voice. Paladin looked to see another Pokemon approaching. Apparently, he already knew Allora. Perhaps they had been allied in the old days. He then turned his attention to the green Salamence from earlier. Once again, that tiny spark of fear ignited in the back of Paladin's mind, but he soon got over it when the Salamence, known as Blitzkrieg, introduced himself politely to both the Golurk and the Ninetales. Paladin nodded at Blitzkrieg. "Thanks for your concern, brother."

Zane then ordered another Pokemon to aid the two in their rescue. The Ditto heartily agreed to the request and came to join the group. "If you could spare one of yours to guide them through to the top to rescue this 'Veletra', that would be helpful." Vigil said, and the Golduck obliged, calling over an Abra who looked like he did not want to be where he was right now. Turning away from the Abra for a moment, Paladin turned to face Zane. He wanted to ask Vigil so much about his past, and prepared to unload a volley of questions at him. However, he held back, realizing that now was not the time for such things. Instead, all that Paladin said was, "Thank you." His attention was turned back to the Abra's voice. "So whoever is a crybaby follow me! We'll get sweet Veletra and bandage her up!" the Abra said. Paladin didn't like this Pokemon's attitude either, but he openly assumed that some of the Madman's operatives would be like him: mad. Veletra and Excadrill didn't seem crazy, but they could have been putting on a show. He certainly had enough of deception for one day.

This led Paladin to another pressing matter: Zed. The baby Snivy he had left in the care of one of the Madman's operatives could be anywhere by now. Had Excadrill stolen him? Paladin was almost consumed by worry as he proceeded to follow the Abra, very much hoping that he was not to be led into another trap. He motioned for Allora and the two others to follow him, pressed for time as it was.

The Abra led Paladin and his party forward into more tunnels. He had a map in case they got lost, but kept it stuffed safely into a satchel on his back, as he seemed to have memorized the way. "Allora, are you alright?" Paladin asked compassionately, inspecting her form for any signs of injuries. "Did that Xatu mess with your head?"

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
~~~~~
The Golduck regarded Truestriker, "Yes, don't worry Hanso, you defeated the big bad psychics links on your mind." At that the group of psychics chuckled lightly. "Though you should keep that defense up, it'll help you much later on."

Hanso's eye twitched at the first comment, but he said nothing as he watched Penance and the others. He might have checked the unconscious Golurk's mind, but Zane and Healer got there first. One problem solved, for now. Hanso was able to keep his anger in check now, but there still wasn't much of an outlet. The Gallade gradually built his telepathic network among the Gold Tribe, aware that the other Psychics would sense it if they probed. Despite what Penance had put them through, it seemed that Zane was still willing to accept the Golduck's help.

One of the Alakazams spoke up, "Penance. They found the note, a kill all order is being ordered by the end of the day."

Hanso stuttered in his mental task. Note? Kill-all order? Did they freakin' leave a note that prompted--

The Golduck closed his eyes and thought for a bit, nodding after a while. "Hm, quicker than I thought. Alright, follow me. Have strategies 48, 52, and 104 on standby."

At least the Psychics were gone from the room...but that didn't mean they wouldn't show up again. Hanso frowned at Penance's back; the Golduck had known about the note mentioned by the Alakazam. They left a note that somehow prompted 'them' - probably the Sentinels - to issue a kill-all order. What was in the note? Or...might it be another set-up for us? What would the point be? It didn't seem to directly affect the Gold Tribe, except where their part might fit into liberating Cape City. Unless they just want to mess with our heads more. Agh, I shouldn't be thinking like this. Sometimes I just hate words.

Besides, there was something else Hanso felt he should worry about. As Penance opened a doorway in the wall, Hanso remained where he was until he'd checked for illusions. Nothing illusional about the door, it seemed. Hanso continued to work on his network as the Gold Tribe entered a small town, building up the mental defenses. Yet, as they came to a map on the ground, Hanso sighed. Not sure it's enough. And I don't have the focus for a blank white room at the moment. He checked through his network, filling in gaps that he found in its defenses. Hanso even went as far as to build more defensible 'walls' around the Gold Tribe's minds than normal. He'd learned at least that much from his twin, though she would be able to cut through if she wanted.

If she was around, that is.

Hanso shook the thought out of his head and concentrated on the map, ignoring the near-complaints that the Golurk and new Ninetails delivered to Penance. The angle he viewed it from was a little skewed, given that Lyn was scribbling down her own miniature version of the map. Still...Hanso thought he might see where they'd entered the tunnels, IF his memory of the dark tunnels was accurate, and IF this map followed the same compass directions. Can't memorize the whole thing in one sitting, though.

Hanso looked up as a rather muscular Weavile with a green bandanna tied around his left bicep appeared before the group. "Yeah? So I'm coming?"

Penance nodded, "We'll need your help. We'll need ya to do some quick assassinations if we want to get to the Crystal quickly."

Leon snorted, "Don't need any of them, just send me in alone. You know what I am capable of Penance." He said with a boastful tone.

Penance frowned, "They wouldn't want to, right Zane?" He asked the Bisharp. "Though for now, help them with getting their gear."

Ten seconds and I already don't like him. That's not counting this whole situation. Not to mention that Dark-types naturally had some more mental resistance than other Pokemon, with a full immunity to Psychic attacks as well. Hanso glanced between Penance and Leon before deciding to follow the Weavile to the building.

"This way Goldies. Now, there are some rules." He stated as he opened up the building and headed in. "First off, only take a few items, not much. Second, touch something you aren't supposed to touch, I cut off your hand. Third, piss me off and I kill you, good?" Leon asked.

I wouldn't get along with him no matter which sides we were on. Hanso glared at the Weavile for a moment before turning his attention to the items. He would need berries for sure; maintaining his telepathic network did take a bit of energy, especially with additional defenses. "It might be safer, and quicker, if we teleported back to this town once we find the Gold Crystal." Hanso's message was relayed through the network to all of the Gold Tribe, except Penance of course. "Assuming that it's possible, and if we're not moving on to a different location afterwards. Do we even want to come back here, though, if we didn't need to?"

As Hanso gave the others time to respond, he gathered some berries before his eyes were drawn to a small table. The Gallade wondered why the Gold Tribe emblems were sitting there, until he read the plate that said 'Trophies'. Hanso glanced over at Leon before walking up to the table. He read through the plates, identifying a few titles he'd heard before. Hanso lingered at one in particular: an armband, similar to his own but belonging to another Gallade. They had been friends, somewhat, before the other Gallade had disappeared in an investigation in Cape City.

And now I know what had probably happened to him. Hanso shook his head once before looking through the rest of the plates. He double-checked to make sure, checking the symbols themselves, before stepping away. "At least she didn't seem to die here," Hanso muttered. He wasn't about to give up on finding his twin.

Years
Levina ~ Cape City ~ Snype

Snype suddenly felt several jolts of electricity go through him as Levina unleashed a Thunderbolt onto a passing Marill. He kept his large grin nonetheless. He was too insane to bother himself with expressing pain, despite feeling alot of it. The rest of the civilians scattered around in fear afterwards. Snype meanwhile struggled to keep on, smelling like Charcoal now.

"k-k-k-k-keh-heheh...d-d-doing fine!" Snype said.

Levina couldn't help but snicker at the burnt smelling Pokemon riding her back. It obviously affected him greatly but was too stubborn to admit it. "Don't go passing out on me now. I don't want to drag your limp body all over the place." She smirked at him once more before returning her attention to the citizens. Levina slowly started running again to catch up to a fleeing group. "Your turn Snype." She stated gleefully.

Snype snickered and shook himself into shape. He jumped off of Levina and looked around with a smirk. He targeted another Pokemon with Will-o-wisp to inflict a deadly burn on it. He had targeted a Rattata that was trying to escape. As soon as he was inflicted with the burn, the Rattata felt extreme pain from his insides... he was slowly dying. It felt almost like a heart attack. Snype rushed up to the Rattata and struck a claw through its throat to finish the job and threw it aside like trash.

"You gotta get creative with how you do these things! Kehehe... oh my! I almost forgot... we're supposed to be gathering information aren't we?"

Levina watched Snype closely since he was still carrying her backpack. She grinned with excitement as she watched him cruelly dispose of a Rattata. Levina then turned to her own prey, a Meowth, as her appearance split into six different forms and surrounded the Pokemon. She enjoyed using Double-Team on her foes and was skilled enough that her copies looked real. "Creative indeed. That is what makes this fun! Hehehe. And let the others gather information. I'm having way too much fun…..unless…." She trailed off as a menacing idea popped into her head. "We have fun torturing these pathetic Pokemon until they speak."

The Meowth shook in terror as Levina closed in on him. "P P P P Please don't h h h hurt me! Meow!" Levina chuckled and spoke sweetly to the frightened Pokemon. "We won't hurt you if you tell us what we want to know." She flared her fur with electricity and it danced about, crackling loudly.

"Ohhhh yes! Kill two birds with one stone!" Snype said sinisterly. He looked over to Levina as she pinned down a nearby Meowth. Snype walked over to the Meowth keeping a large smile. He decided to act calming. "Kehehe, please. We're only taking out all of the traitors! Everyone here has been involved in a rebellion... kehehe. You're not an enemy are you? Kehehe..." Snype chuckled.

The Meowth coward in fear as he waited for an attack from the two Pokemon. "I I I I'm no e e e enemy! Meow! W W W What rebellion do y y you speak of? Meow! D D Do you mean t t those explosions f f from earlier?" Levina and her clones sat in unison as she watched the Meowth closely. "Of course. So you do know something about it. Well, well…..found a traitor already. Hehehe." The Meowth gazed upon Levina in horror. "NO! MEOW! I am no t t traitor! The explosions w w were felt throughout the c c city. Meow!"

Snype sighed. No good. He didn't seem to know much about the rebellion... there had to be some more information laying around somewhere. Maybe it would be a good idea to check the explosion site.

"Where did the explosions start coming from? That'd be a good place to start looking." Snype said.

The Meowth hid his face with his paws in a poor attempt to make himself smaller than he was. Levina growled and pushed the small Pokemon over; placing one of her paws directly on his chest. "Well? ANSWER HIM!" Levina applied pressure on the Meowth's chest. The Meowth let out a small squeak as he gasped for air. "I I I don't know. Meow! O O Over by the c c church? Maybe? Meow!" Levina relieved some of the pressure as she looked at Snype. "The church huh? Think he is telling the truth?"

Snype scratched at his chin... the church... seemed curious enough. Maybe a potential place for a hideout? Or another underground passage... who knows? Snype nodded to Levina.

"We don't have any other leads. It's worth a look." Snype said.

Levina smirked at the Meowth. "For your cooperation I will make sure your death is quick and painless. Hehe." As soon as she was done with her sentence, Levina grabbed ahold of the Meowths neck, with her teeth, and jerked its head snapping the neck. Levina made her clones disappear as she tossed the limp body to the side. "So are you going to ride or walk?" She smirked at Snype.

Snype smiled as she killed off the Meowth. She sure had style... before even answering Snype jumped on top of Levina again. "Asking me huh? Hehe, well I'm getting used to it so far! Let's get moving to that church and see what we can find!" Snype said, patting her side again.

Levina chuckled as she felt the weight of her partner plop on her back. "Let's hope that I don't burn you to a crisp one of these times." She teased as she took off towards the church at a decent speed. Upon arriving at the church Levina noticed that there weren't too many Pokemon around. Just those few who dared to be out. "Looks like word about us has spread already. It's a shame. I was having fun." Levina pouted as she let out an annoyed huff.

Allora ~ Underground City/Tunnels

The Golduck smarted off to Allora and Paladin as soon as they spoke to him. "Well if you two hadn't interfered with her then she wouldn't have been captured! She had the plan in motion and throw in a few loose screws and everything falls apart! But for now quit your whining. She's not dead nor will she die. We already know where she is being taken with our scouts following after her. So then." Allora opened her mouth to smart back at the annoying Pokemon when another voice interrupted. It was Zane, the leader of the main group. "I can't let you two go out there to rescue this Pokemon," He began. "Not after we just found you. At least, not alone." Allora looked at Zane and gave him a small smile. She was happy that he was willing to let them go rescue Veletra. She figured that he would protest and demand that they stayed with the group to find the Gold Crystal. Before Allora was able to thank him another Pokemon interjected. "Hell, I'm not letting the two of them go at it alone. Especially since I know one of 'em..." The Sawk piped up, grinning as he approached them, "Well, well. Allora the Shadow Protector. I knew I recognized you. You're looking sharp as ever, kid." He said, continuing to grin as he turned to face Zane. "I'll go with them and help." Allora stared at the Sawk for a bit as if trying to draw the memory of him out of her brain. "Ga…..Gallant?! Is that you!?" Allora stood wide-eyed as she finally recognized her old teacher. She cleared her throat and gave him a slight bow of respect. "It has been way to long teacher. I am very glad to see you are alright!" Allora smiled happily.

An odd feeling washed over Allora as she continued to watch her old teacher. The fact that she had found someone from her past shocked her but also relieved her. There was a chance that her parents and other classmates and teachers were alright. "Are the others….'around' by chance? Did they make it as well?" She question Gallant. Allora already knew the answer but waited for a reply anyway. Her attention was drawn away from Gallant for a moment when she overheard Zane add a Ditto, named Speculum, and the Liligant that was with Paladin when she first saw her to the group. "Thank you for joining us you two." Allora smiled at them before addressing the Liligant. "I don't believe we have officially met. I'm sorry to be so rude. With everything going on it made it hard for chit chat. My name is Allora. It is nice to officially meet you."

Allora's attention was again drawn by Zane as he politely addressed the Golduck. "If you could spare one of yours to guide them through to the top to rescue this 'Veletra', that would be helpful." Allora eyed Madman in a glaring matter as she waited for his response. To her surprised, he agreed and whistled. Immediately after an Abra appeared on top of his head. "Hm? Yes?" The Pokemon asked lazily. Penance pointed at the group, "Lead them to Veletra. We have her position being investigated every second so just follow the instructions." The Abra smirked and leaped off Penance's head, "Will do Penance!" He snickered and glanced about, "So whoever is a crybaby follow me! We'll get sweet Veletra and bandage her up!" He crackled and began to walk off. Allora was about to put the smart-mouthed Abra in his place when another voice caught her attention. "The Shadow Protector right? Where were you from sister? I don't remember ever hearing of your name and title before..." The Salamence shook his head in disappointment, "where are my manners... I'm Accatosh Corronis, Known as Blitzkrieg... It's an honor to meet you." Allora politely bowed like she did to her teacher. "It is an honor to meet you as well. I am Allora." Allora became quieter as she remembered her group from Cape City. "I was stationed here in Cape City before the attack. I was…..one of the….no….the only one to escape the slaughter by the Silver Tribe. I have been hiding here since then; looking for others from my group. My search has been….unsuccessful I'm afraid." Allora became quiet as she gave a moment of silence for all of her friends that had died that day.
By this time the Abra had a good lead on the group. Allora saw Paladin motion for her to follow the rest of the group. She turned to Zane one last time. "Thank you." She bowed again and jogged off to catch up with the rest of the group.

Allora stayed a bit away from Paladin and watched him constantly as the Abra led them through the tunnels. Paladin must have noticed for he addressed her. "Allora, are you alright?" He asked compassionately before inspecting her form for any signs of injuries. "Did that Xatu mess with your head?" Allora walked up beside Paladin and spoke softly, "I am alright. Paladin…..how much of the fight do you remember? Was it that Xatu who did that to you?" She had so many questions that she wanted to ask her friend. The image of Paladin losing control like he did made her look away from her friend for a second. There was still so much she didn't know and didn't understand about Paladin. But she knew that that thing, that Pokemon, wasn't Paladin. What that was she did not know.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign watched as three of the Sentinels broke into immense pain. It was a sight he had not expected. He felt distress at the sight of Genevieve suffering. But it was over as quickly as it had begun. "...by day's end, no matter what, we issue the kill-all order."

"What good is a kingdom where everyone's dead?" He whispered under his breath. They had their orders though. And he could not defy them. Surely there had to be another way. Right?

Of course there is, Sovereign. There's always another way. There's always... your way...

Sovereign shook his headabruptly. He could feel the sting of a migraine setting in.

Come on now. No one likes a worry wart. Just let the darkness wash over you. Let it consume you as all you worries dissapear...

"NO!" Sovereign shouted. His anger getting the better of him. Varren was getting on his last nerve. But this was not the place to lose his composer. He was drawing too much attention to himself. Then it hit him. Hours of sleeplessness caught up with him as he felt himself get dizzy. "I... I think I need to..." Sovereign felt the room spin as he fell to the ground, the weight of his body shaking the room itself. "...sleep..."

Vera shook her head. "You shouldn't have stayed out all night." She summoned a couple of the Ancients to help her lift up Sovereign's hulking body as the walked him to his quarters.

Before they could make it, however, Sovereign's eyes shot open. A wide grin came across his face. "Let go, Vera. I can walk now," he said.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Vera asked.

"I'm absolutely wonderful," he said as his eyes flashed a deep, red glow...

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Underground

Underground, once again. It felt almost as if nothing had happened between the time that Paladin and Allora were in these tunnels last, looking to save Veletra. Their goal was still the same, but this time they weren't alone. The Ditto known as Speculum and the Sawk named Gallant aided them, and a stuck up Abra led them. Memories came rushing back to him the more they walked. From insignificant childhood memories to great battles in which Paladin had fought for the Alpha Alliance. The one memory he knew he had but was having trouble accessing was that of the battle of Gold City. So far, he knew he was there, as well as Zane Tyrael and some others, but he couldn't exactly what happened. His memory told him that this battle was the last in which he had fought before he'd lost his memories, which led him to assume that something had happened there to cause this amnesia. But what? His initial thought was that he had probably been hit hard on the head or something, but that couldn't explain his dark side or the fact that he woke up in the middle of the Wastes of Will. What had happened to him that day?

His train of thought was interrupted by Allora. "I am alright. Paladin…..how much of the fight do you remember? Was it that Xatu who did that to you?" she asked. Paladin thought. He had previously thought that it was the impact with the ceiling that had knocked him out, but thinking back, it would probably take much more than that and an illusion to bring him down. "After I fought Jeb - I mean, that illusion created by Xatu - I blacked out. The last thing I remember is...overwhelming power..." Paladin said, thinking back to when the darkness had taken him over. It had felt horrible but amazing at the same time, he could remember it vividly. "So much power...but no control..." Paladin murmured.

A flashback was coming, Paladin could feel it. The Golurk came to an abrupt stop and leaned against one of the walls of the tunnel. This time, however, he didn't get a migraine. Instead, he could feel a searing pain in the left side of his body, where the darkness resided. It was as if his left side was being scorched by a Flamethrower attack. "Rghrr" Paladin grunted, trying to keep the pain in.

A battle. An immense battle. In the distance stood the towering walls of Gold City, shining in the sun. Paladin was alone, except for one other Pokemon. He couldn't identify this Pokemon because his eyes were blinded by the hot sun in the distance. They stood, facing each other, not moving an inch. The other Pokemon was tall, but still did not match up to the Golurk's height. The Pokemon seemed menacing, and ready to attack at any time. Despite the sun, Paladin could make out a glittering silver crystal around the Pokemon's neck...

Back to reality. The pain stopped as quickly as it had started, and Paladin got up. "Let's move," he said commandingly, and began to stride forward ahead of everyone but the Abra. Suddenly, he felt like he had no regard for the others, but he wasn't sure why. He thought that maybe he had too much on his mind to pay them any attention now. There was so much he did not know that he had to find out, and he had a funny feeling much would be revealed upon his ascent to Cape.

Nomsammich

The Cleric!
Years
Astrid
Underground, Again.

The Lilligant had gotten separated completely from Allora and Paladin in the thick of the illusionary battle, but somehow had managed to stay with the group, out of sight. Astrid followed the Nine-Tails and Golurk into the underground city escorted by some Golduck. Astrid had not been really paying attention to the whole ordeal that was being discussed her vine-like legs just move unconsciously with the group; she stayed quiet and out of sight when the group had come to the Underground Town.

Her unconscious mind overheard talking, but she had stayed disinterested, only peeking up when someone said something about a shop. The Lilligant shuffled over to the shop quietly to stock up on herbs, berries and medicines. She'd need them no doubt seeing as how much fighting they were doing since her discovering of the Gold Tribe survivors.

While in the shop, Astrid browsed the shelves and her mind. The Lilligant's mind thought back to her partner, Echo. How much joy they had shared together, how much experience they had attained together and the memories that would go to forever live with her. Sadness crept into her head when she thought about her former partner's death, how he was killed, sacrificing himself for her safety. A tale she no longer wanted to think about. In her mindless wander through the shop she had her items subconsciously and now stood outside. Allora and Golurk stood at the board talking with other Pokemon before they headed out again towards a tunnel entrance.

Astrid jogged to catch up and managed to slip in the back of the group. She weaved her way through the Pokemon and stood directly behind Allora and Golurk silently counting the items in her satchel. The the Golurk, named Paladin -- she had overheard, groaned out and collapsed into a lean against the wall of the tunnels. Astrid's heart nearly leaped out of her chest because the Golurk nearly fell on her. As the Golurk leaned against the wall, no doubt trouble Astrid cautiosly stepped forward to help him but he got up as quickly as he fell causing Astrid to jump again, frightened.

Astrid continued to follow the group staying close to Golurk to help him if any was needed, she needed to live up to her name after all: The Cleric.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Fred jumped from tree to tree, using his tails to grab branches while he contemplated his next move. He couldn't find any Gold Tribesmen as of now, so he wasn't sure what he was going to do, but there should be something. After all, it wasn't like e could just go into a town and beat up any random guy, so long as it wasn't a member of the Silver Tribe. It wasn't like he was being given any order about what he needed to do every waking second of his life.

So Fred made his way over to the nearest town, but before he could even make it, he spotted a sleeping Torterra, and decided that this guy was probably very tough. Taking a detour, he swung over and threw a rock at his head. The Torterra lifted his head and saw Fred high up on the trees. Grunting, he sent a barrage of stones (stone Edge) from the ground, flying towards him. Fred nimbly avoided the stones and leaped to the other side of the beast. "C'mon punk. Let's see what you got!"

The Torterra Immediately got angry, shooting up giant, thorn-covered vines from the earth. At first, Fred thought he was just using Frenzy Plant to try striking him with an awesome amount of power, but instead, the Beast lifted himself up with the vines and threw himself at Fred. Fred leaped backwards to avoid the full force of the beast's weight and the two of them crashed straight into town. "OK YOU BIG LUG, YOU WANT POWER, TAKE THIS!"

Fred's fist, coated in Icy cold energy, made contact with the beast on top of him, freezing its body and leaving it immobile on the ground. The beast was just too big and slow to beat Fred, though he was experienced and skilled. Maybe if he had kept his cool he wouldn't have gotten so cold.

Throwing the beast off of him Fred got up and glared at the surrounding pedestrians, unaware of the other acts of violence going on in town.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
The Swift was confused by all the events that had happened. Penance "Defender" had gone mad, and was now Penance "Madman." They had been imprisoned, comfortably, but still imprisoned. They had been threatened with death, and now...An old friend had shown up. Paladin. He was a good pokemon, and a strong comrade. Sadly, they couldn't reunite under happier circumstances. These damned gasses were messing with his brain. It seemed like he couldn't compose himself. He could over hear Penance and Zane discussing a certain mission. Whatever it was, he was in. Jirmonji could make out the words Gold Crystal. They were going for the Gold Crystal, and Madman was helping?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Albia- Hall of Albia

The city of Albia was begun to slowly thrive ever since the Alpha Alliance has reclaimed it a few days ago. Citizens have been returning to their homes, and the process to rebuild has already begun. It would be a long time before the city would see it's status return to the way things were before the invasion, but for the first time in years, many were hopeful. Some were even happy. Generals Belas and Hazone have kept the citizens safe. Though the Gold Tribe has left to find the Gold Crystal, the armies of the Alpha Alliance continue to protect the re-conquered cities of Albia, Eternity City, Shine City, and Gravel City.

But although it appears that all goes well on the outside, the two Generals sit across a round table, a map with markers on top of it, and sweat dripping off their faces, more anxious than they've ever been. A young Tailow breathed heavily besides them, a scout who had just returned from Cape City with news most dire: By the end of that day, the Sentinels were going to issue a kill-all order.

The Generals had agreed to wait a week before marching conventionally on Cape. The large amount of displaced refugees that resided in Cape would mean that if they were to fight the Silver Tribe and act as a normal invasion force, there would be casualties, an unacceptable amount. That was the reason the Gold Tribe were to go on ahead and figure out a different way. Needless to say, with the new bit of news received, the plan has changed.

"What do we do, then?" Hazone asked his fellow General, examining the map of Valkaria.

"You know what we have to do, Hazone." Belas replied grimly. His tone was stern, but also sorrowful. He didn't want to do this as much as anyone else.

"If we march on Cape City as is, so many would die!" Hazone yelled back. Belas slammed a leg onto the table, looking angrily into the eyes of his Dragonite comrade.

"Do you think I don't know that!? What other choice do we have?! If we don't march tonight, everyone will die!"

The two Generals looked deeply into each others eyes. None wanted to do what was next, but they knew if they didn't act, the consequences would be even more dire. It was decision time, and although they hated to do it, sometime the Generals had to make unpopular calls if it was for the greater good. General Hazone turned to leave, heading for the door as he spoke back to Belas.

"I'll give the army the order. We march on Cape City immediately."

***​

Lair of the Madman - Veletra Rescue Group

"Well," Gallant began, placing his hand on his chin as he tried to find a way to answer Allora's question mildly. "A few of my students did survive. But honestly, what you see here is what's left of us. That battle at Cape...and that last battle at Gold City...it took a lot of us with it..." He lowered his head in remembrance. "Ah, but enough of that now. We shouldn't get saddened over the loss of our brothers and sisters, but rather rejoice at those who still live. Starting with that Veletra person. I'll help ya get her."

Gallant and Speculum followed the others out of the main room and down into more tunnels. Zane nodded to Allora once more after she thanked him once more. While they would rescue that Pokemon, the rest of them would go for the Gold Crystal. As the smaller group followed the Abra, Gallant suddenly stopped as he saw Paladin seem to nearly topple over. "Oi, boy, don't go falling on us just yet. We need you in the battle ahead." He grumpily bellowed. He followed in the back of the part, ensuring that they wouldn't be followed, but also that everyone else ahead was in check. He typically did that as he liked to keep an eye on the younger Gold Tribe members. There was also the fact that he didn't trust the Madman and his followers a single bit. He wanted to ensure they wouldn't try to pull any fast ones on him.

"So, what's the deal with this Veletra anyway?" Speculum asked the others.

***​

Lair of the Madman

Zane walked behind the others into the building with the supplies. It was intriguing to look around the various artifacts Penance and his followers had managed to find during their time. He wondered if they were stolen or bought. More particularly, he wondered when this had actually happened. He supposed it didn't matter then, as common courtesy and natural laws of the Alpha Alliance were almost all but abandoned at the start of the war. But still, most of these were brought stolen.

Or bought with blood. Upon a small table, Zane saw emblems. Gold Tribe emblems. He walked in front of them, observing them laid out before him. There were a good twenty, some still bright in color, and all were legitimate. Above these was a plate which labeled these emblems as...trophies. Zane tensed. He didn't know how to immediately react to this. He didn't quite expect that the Madman was able to take down so many of his brothers and sisters during his reign, but the worst of it was displaying them like this. He knew all of their fates. They died, but he added fuel to the fire by putting them on display. And to think, Zane once called Defender brother. He once fought side by side with the Golduck. He was only now beginning to see the extent of his madness.

He observed the other Gold Tribe members. Besides TrueStriker, the others didn't seem to catch wind of the emblems, or maybe they did. Either way, the sight was beginning to disgust him. He had to get out. "Come on. We should go." Zane said abruptly to the others inside. "We need to find the Gold Crystal."

He exited, the others following behind, as he walked with them passed the camp. Guardia, who was analyzing the map outside, saw them and approached Zane in front. "Hey." She said to him.

"Did you copy the map?" He asked her hastily. She replied with a nod. "Would you be able to lead us there?" He asked again.

"Yea, I'm pretty sure I know where it is. You won't believe how detailed he's got everything up here! I mean, how in the worl-"

"Alright, good. Come on, we're going now." Zane interrupted, heading for one of the many tunnels leading out of the lair, and towards the location of the crystal. Guardia looked at him oddly, then replied.

"Shouldn't we wait for that Leon guy to help take us there?"

"We don't need him. You can get us there."

"What? But...what if we get lost? I mean, I was only there as a child. Besides, I only have a rough idea where it is...they can lead us more directly."

"I know where it is." Zane said plainly. Guardia gave him a blank look of confusion, as did a few of the other Gold Tribe members. "I've known for a while. Granted, I don't know the way there, but I know where it is precisely. How it looks. The location around." He stared at them as he decided to explain for the first time to them, hoping he wouldn't sound crazy. "I've been having dreams. Vivid dreams. I've been having them for a while now. Sometimes they're of a battle that seemed to have happened, other times they're of some other occasion. I had a dream...a dream that a Garchomp named Galleon traveled through these tunnels before and tried to find the Gold Crystal."

"Galleon. You mean Emperor Galleon? Of the Order of Neoverse?" Sword and Shield inquired, to which Zane nodded. "But that was 100 years ago."

"I know. I don't know why it is happening. All I know is, I saw Galleon enter the underground tunnels in a battle that supposedly took place all those years ago. I saw where he went, like I was there following him. I saw him enter a part of the cavern where a bright object was. I'm pretty sure it was the Gold Crystal." He looked across the faces of some of the others as he said this, wondering if they could accept the ludicrousness of it.

"I don't know, Vigil. I mean, dreams? I've never heard of anything like that. What if all these were are dreams?"

"I think you should listen to your young leader." The Keeper said to the others, a smile across his face. "The world works in mysterious ways. It is not unnatural for such actions to occur. Especially through powerful Psychic forces, for example."

"Well, Ok..." Guardia finally accepted. "I suppose stranger things have happened. But why not wait for that Leon guy?"

"He's a killer." Zane said to them grimly, a frown on his face. "They're all killers, Guardia. I saw emblems. Emblems of our brothers. They were displaying them like trophies..." Zane clenched his fist. He wanted so hard to punch something, but maintained his composure to keep appearances for the Madman's men around. He remembered TrueStriker's question he asked in his link, and thus remember they had a link in the first place, and spoke through there.

"I know what he's done, what they've all done, and I despise them for it, but I also realize that we can't free the city without their help. Whatever they did in the past, I'm willing to bury that for the moment to save Valkaria. So we'll likely end up getting back here once we secure the crystal. But I'd rather keep as little contact with them in general as possible. We don't need them to babysit us to get that crystal. I feel like this is something we should do on our own."

With that understanding, Zane headed off after Guardia, who began leading them towards the tunnels on the way to the Gold Crystal. As he passed Penance, Zane neither spoke to him nor gave him a glance as the Gold Tribe made their way out of the lair and to their destination. He tried to keep his mind occupied, his thoughts switching now from the acts of the Madman to the real reason they're here. The Gold Crystal. The seemingly last hope of Valkaria.

***​

Cape City

"Hmm..." Scar began to think aloud, just as Levina and Snype made their way from the rest of the group. He looked upon the prisoner they had in front of them, deciding it would probably be best to take her away from the main street they were on and secure her. She had some ties with the Madman, and perhaps also the Gold Tribe, which meant she was obviously of some value to them.

"Ancients!" He shouted, as a flock of them ran forward in front of him, ready to be commanded. "Take this prisoner to the dungeon in the Stoneguard. By tonight, we the kill-all order has been issued, kill her along with the rest." The Ancients nodded in understanding, and took away Veletra to the prison.

"Now then..." He said to the other Sentinels still present, as he watched an unconscious Sovereign be taken away, a bit perplexed by what had occurred with him. "We should make the necessary preparations for tonight. I imagine there'll be a few parties who won't quite like what we are going to do, and knowing Cape City, the ears of the enemy are always listening."

Last edited:

Years
Levina ~ Cape City ~ Snype

Snype gave off his usual smile and reached over to pet her again. They then took off toward the church at the usual pace. Snype was getting used to moving at such high speeds but he was sure starting to feel to effects. He would feel light headed if he went on for too long. Thankfully they arrived before that kind of thing could happen. Snype jumped off of Levina and walked toward the Church.

"Kehehe, well that means we're getting famous! They're probably yelling, "Lookout for the Sableye mounting a Jolteon!" Or something. Kehehe. See? We're making a name for ourselves!" Snype said happily.

Levina snickered and watched Snype walk towards the church. She noticed his gait was different; almost as if he was slightly light headed. "The Dynamic Killing Duo. Hehe." Levina laughed. "I love that fact but it ruins our little game. Pokemon will run and hide just at the mention of our names. Where is the fun in always hunting down our prey? I just want to gather a group and Thunder all of them to a pile of ashes." Levina grinned evilly as she followed her partner in crime.

Snype chuckled at her comment. She did in fact have a point, but Snype couldn't help but retort. "It wouldn't be much of a game if they were all gathered together would it? If you did that then we wouldn't have anything else left to kill! It's much more satisfying to find them when they're hiding! Makes it more satisfying... I personally don't like having them spoon-fed to me. It gets soo booorrring..." Snype said.

Levina made a face when she realized he was right. It wouldn't but fun to have a firing-range type of execution. She wasn't going to admit it to him though. "You like the thrill of the chase don't you?" She snickered as she kicked in the door to the church. "Let me guess, Hide-and-Seek was your favorite game as a kid?" Levina teased him.

"Kehehe, well you got me there! I was quite a fan of hide and seek when I was a kid! I always threw in my own little unique twist to it!" Snype said with a grin. He pointed at his gem like eyes.

"Though I always had the best sight around. Nothing could get away from me. It was just natural for a Sableye, especially in the dark!" Snype said as he walked inside of the quiet church. The church hadn't been destroyed but there was a bit of debris from the nearby explosions. Figures they wouldn't target it.

"Quiet in here... sure hope we can find some sort of clue." Snype said

"Hmmm….remind me to never play that game with you then." Levina snickered as she walked into the church. She slowly walked down the aisle looking for anything out of the ordinary. "It's almost too quiet for a church don't you think? I mean, with everything going on I figured there would be Pokemon here worshiping but there isn't a soul in sight." Levina walked down one of the front pews. "There is still debris and dirt on these pews. No one has been here since the explosions happened. It's like this place has been abandoned."

Snype was getting suspicious now... why was a church of all places so empty? It's almost as if it were emptied out for some occasion... then again everyone must have panicked and ran out. Snype was more clever than that though. He looked around to see if they were alone or not.

"Keep an eye out. I got a bad feeling about this..." Snype said

"I'm glad I'm not the only one." Levina mumbled as she walked up the steps to the preacher's stand. "Even this is all dusty. So either this is a condemned church or the preachers here suck." Levina started digging through some of the papers hidden within the stand. Shortly after, Levina jerked away from the stand and started sneezing; thanks to the dust. To her embarrassment, she let out a few small, high-pitched sneezes that one would expect from a Mew.

Snype's ears perked from her high pitched sneezes. It sounded cute coming from her, not that he made a mental note of it or anything. Snype quickly took this as an opportunity to tease her a bit more. "Hehe, sensitive nose over there huh? That high pitched sneeze sounded so adorable coming from you. Kehehe..." Snype said.

Levina looked away, to hide a blush, and gave an annoyed look. "Oh shut up! It's not my fault I'm allergic to dust. And I am the farthest thing from adorable." She sat with her chest held high to make herself seem superior. "Besides…..I didn't take you to have a weakness for cuteness Snypie-Poo." Levina grinned and giggled.

Snype gave off a grin and sat down beside her. "Kehehe, oh I don't care much for cuteness. But now I know it bugs you! Ya know I bet a ribbon would look pretty cute on you too!" Snype teased. "And Snypie-Poo? Stooping to nicknames are you? Hehe. We're bonding so well!" He said.

Levina tackled Snype to the ground and sat on his chest like before. "I said shut up! I'd be tortured 20 times over before I would wear any type of foofy bow or anything like that." She made no show of getting off of him any time soon. "You're lucky I don't electrocute you for that. And yes Snypie-Poo. I'm going to start calling you that in front of the others. I might just act like the desperate and obsessive girlfriend as well. I wonder how the others would view you with me constantly 'whipping' you into shape." Levina looked down on Snype as an evil smirk graced her lips.

Levina sat on top of his chest once again, but Snype just kept his smile going. She was getting irritated now! Snype knew her weakness! That made him happier than ever. "Oh? A desperate obsessive girlfriend? You'd like that wouldn't you?" Snype said with a smirk. "How obsessive are we talking here? Obsessive as in clingy or obsessive as in kissing her mate every ten seconds? Kehehe..." Snype said.

"You would like either of those wouldn't you?" Levina ignored his taunt and pretended to look out the window. "And to think, all this time I thought you were as crazy as I am. But you were just trying to get me to kiss and hang all over you. You poor, poor Pokemon. I didn't realize my sex appeal has taken such a hold on you." She cooed in a seductive matter.

Snype raised a brow at her comment. Snype didn't think he was suggesting that sort of thing. He smirked at her again. "Kehehe, me? You're the one that insisted sitting on top of me! Kehehe." Snype replied, laying his hands behind his head. "Trust me, I'm crazy. I'm very willing to admit it." He added with a smirk.

"Well, you sit on top of me so I figured it would be fair to sit on you every once in a while." Levina smirked at him and watched as he put his hands behind his head. "Besides…..with that smirk and that posture….it shows that you are enjoying the fact that I am sitting on top of you. Point proven." She knew she had him with her last comment.

Snype blinked. Gah! She got him there... he wasn't so sure how to reply to that one... He kept his smirk though. "Kehe, maybe I do. So sue me. Whatcha gonna do about it? Besides, the way you're looking at me and your posture, I think you might actually like sitting on me! Or better yet... maybe theres something else you like about me." Snype said.

"Well well so the truth comes out. Hehehehe." Levina chuckled and smirked in a cocky way knowing he admitted to losing that round. "I had a feeling you had 'it' for me." She winked at him and got off his chest, sitting beside him. "Maybe I do and maybe I don't. I'm not telling you a thing and you can't make me." Levina stuck her tongue out at the Sableye.

Snype got up onto his rump and sat beside Levina, keeping his large grin. "Have it in for you? Kehehe. I never said I did. I just gave a maybe, just like you. Kehehe. I dunno, maybe I could be more specific if you persuade me. Kehe." Snype said.

"You never had to say anything. Your actions spoke loud and clear." Levina started grooming her fur as she spoke. "Think about it….you made that breeding comment and then insisted on riding on my back and now the comments you just made…..it all points to you having a crush on me. Hehe. And now you want me to 'persuade' you. You are a kinky one aren't you?" Levina grinned and walked away from Snype to look at the papers she was digging through earlier.

Snype winced at her comments but laughed as she kind of saw right through him. He did start to take a liking to her but it was all strategic. Having somebody else on his side at all times would benefit him a lot. He simply decided to go with it and followed her. "What can I say? I'm crazy! A Sableye flirting with a Jolteon? A bit crazy eh? Hey you were doing a bit of it yourself! I think you might be starting to like me too! Kehehe. Why else would you be making up names for me? It doesn't bug me yet you looovvveee doing it." He said.

Levina stopped and looked at him before spacing off. An intense and serious look plastered on her face. "Hmmm……love huh?" She became quiet for a bit before walking up to Snype; getting really close to his ear. "Of course I love you you silly Pokemon. Did it really take you that long to figure it out? You drive me crazy!" Levina whispered seductively and walked away a bit. By then she couldn't resist any longer and burst out laughing; rolling on the floor. Her own joke got the better of her. She couldn't hold it together anymore.

Snype's ears perked from the comment, blushing when she whispered into his ears. Snype watched her as she walked off seductively and when she laughed. He couldn't tell if she was joking or not but he decided to join her in her little laughing spree.

"Kehehehe, yeah right! That was way too easy for someone like you! Kehehe." Snype chuckled.

"I never thought in a million years I would see you blush." Levina teased as she smiled at him. "And now I know your weakness. So we are even once again." She sat back up and watched him. "Someone like me? So you have classified me hm? Hehe. What classification am I under?" Levina giggled and approached him once again but sat in front of him.

Snype sat down in front of her as well. "Well, I'd classify you under the same as me almost. Crazy, a lust for blood, and doing anything to get what they want. That kind of thing. Kehehe." Snype said.

"True enough….but you forgot kinky. Hehe." Levina chuckled. She wasn't going to let Snype live that one down. She was going to make sure she teased him about it every chance she got. Levina let out a sigh as she calmed down. "Hey mind giving me back my backpack for a second?"

Snype raised a brow. For all he knew she would try to run off with it. Not that he cared at this point. He got most of what he wanted and all. He gave her the backpack and let her do what she wanted with it.

"What is that look for? Think I'm going to run off and leave you without a 'noble steed'?" Levina chuckled as she took the bag from him. She opened the bag and dug through its contents before taking out a good sized pouch that was tied shut with a string. Levina opened the pouch and bit into an Oran berry that was hidden inside, removing it from the pouch. "You want one?" She slid the pouch to Snype, her words muffled by the berry stuck in her mouth.

Snype blinked as she offered him a berry. She was certainly showing much more hospitality now. He took the berry from the pouch and nodded to her. Snype actually was pretty hungry so he took her offer happily.

"Mmm... Thanks. I prefer munching on Gems but I'll take what I can get." Snype said.

Levina took a bite and sat down her berry as she noticed the look Snype gave her. "What's that look for?" She huffed slightly annoyed, trying to hide the fact that she just showed a glimpse of her true self to the scruffy Pokemon. "Gems? You really eat gems?" Levina questioned trying to change the subject at hand.

Snype chuckled again. "My you're observant of every time I give you a strange look. Must be my eyes. It gets a lot of looks from Pokemon." He teased her. "And yes. I do eat Gems. It's a part of our diet! Our teeth are razor sharp. We could bite through diamond if we wanted to! Keep that in mind if you need help breaking into anywhere. Hehe." Snype added.

"I'm more observant then you probably think I am. Any second is a chance to catch something I can use against you. True?" Levina giggled. "And I was thinking about killing you and stealing your eyes to see how much I could get for them." Levina jokingly said as she finished off her berry. "I'll remember that. Hehe. I do know of some places I would love to be able to get into."

Allora ~ Tunnel

Allora smiled, looking back at her old teacher as they talked quietly. "I am glad some made it. I know the loss of those battles all too well……" She trailed off as if she was debating with herself to speak the next part. "……..Alana……was among the casualties Gallant. They attacked her group just north of the city. She was there as part of a relief effort. They were among the first to go."

Allora returned her attention to Paladin as he answered her questions. "After I fought Jeb - I mean, that illusion created by Xatu - I blacked out. The last thing I remember is...overwhelming power..." Paladin said. "So much power...but no control..." He murmured. Allora watched him closely as she whispered to him. "I saw all that had happened. You….weren't yourself anymore. And your coloring….that grey took over the rest of your body when it happened." Allora took a step back when Paladin leaned against the wall suddenly. It was obvious that he was in some sort of pain. Even Gallant made a point to mention his condition. "Paladin what's wrong? Are you ok?" The thought of that event happening again jumped into her mind. If he changed in here they would all be dead. There would be no way any of them could stop him.

Just as suddenly as it began it had stopped. "Let's move," Paladin commanded as he stood back up and charged ahead of the rest. Allora stopped once again to watch her friend become someone else. "We aren't going anywhere!" She commanded right back to Paladin as she sprinting ahead of him, blocking the path. "Not until we know what is going on with you." Allora stared Paladin down to get the point across that she was serious. "Ever since that event in the tunnels after we met I have noticed your personality changing. It's like there are two of you fighting for control of your body. The kind and caring Golurk who I first met and this…..brute who acts like a Silver Tribe member. With you falling unconscious during the illusion and now that event just seconds ago……you aren't well enough to be on this mission Paladin. I don't know what is going on with you……..but you're going to get yourself killed if you keep pushing things the way you are now." By the end her lecture her harsh commanding tone had soften quite a bit. Allora had meant it when she told Paladin he was like her family and she was going to do what she could to protect him like family. Even if that meant showing some tough love to the Golurk. Allora wasn't going to be afraid to stand up to him if it was for his own good.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
After Fred pulled himself up from the frozen Torterra, he wiped the dirt off of himself and wandered over town, noticing a Jolteon sitting on top of a Sableye, the two of them flirting like sick lovers. Now, Fred was a naturalist, which meant that he believed that Pokemon should stick with their own species. Which is why he only chose to flirt with Aipoms and Ambipoms. So the idea of other types of Pokemon being in sexual situations like this just disgusted him.

"Look, if you guys are going to be disgusting, the least you can do is find a hotel room. But first, since I really want to bash your skulls in, I need to ask, Gold or Silver?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype chuckled, still enjoying playing around with this Jolteon. Snype scratched under her chin to see if she could get a sensitive spot. She was pretty much like a dog, so maybe they had a spot that was tough to itch. "Comon you couldn't live without me. Kehehe. I'm too overflowing with Charisma!" Snype said. Suddenly he heard the doors open again. Someone else was here... another civilian? Gold Tribe? Silver Tribe? Snype didn't know. He was speaking out at least, telling the two that they were being disgusting with their flirting. Snype knew that very well but he was too crazy to care. It was all part of the plan in his eyes, and he could use a partner.

"Silver. I doubt your Gold. You'd be dead by now if you were of the Gold Tribe." Snype said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back