• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Summer Paradise Chit-Chat! (Rule removed, read first post!)

I agree with the Spiderman ones. Those hilariously awesome.

Years
The spider man ones are pretty funny, but I agree with memes staying on the internet, I've seen so many meme t shirts and stuff ugh ;;

Years
Yes, I agree about memes and the internet. It's bad enough that some memes are getting used on TV these days as well as being printed onto shirts.

I know that there's a few trollface shirts out there as I've seen people from school wearing them, and some of the latest ones are derivatives of the "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster being printed to shirts.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Yes, I agree about memes and the internet. It's bad enough that some memes are getting used on TV these days as well as being printed onto shirts.

I know that there's a few trollface shirts out there as I've seen people from school wearing them, and some of the latest ones are derivatives of the "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster being printed to shirts.

keep in kind that 'keep calm and carry on' has been popular since 2000 and predates the embarrassing meme culture of today lol

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont get most meme's to be honest, though some of them are funny, like Grumpy Cat is one I find funny. Memes tend to be a bit overused though.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
My bro, dad, and I used to make fun of 60s spiderman on Teletoon retro all the time when I was a kid. Especially the opening theme where he swings above the building and we would laugh at the fact that he is probably attaching his web to the clouds.. lol

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Summer Paradise Chit-Chat! (Rule removed, read first post!)

60's super hero cartoons were so cheesy that they were awesome, haha. I remember Boomerang used to be a channel exclusively for retro cartoons. But that was when I was still in primary. I don't know if they still have Boomerang or if they still show those retro cartoons. I miss my childhood :-(

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I dont get most meme's to be honest, though some of them are funny, like Grumpy Cat is one I find funny. Memes tend to be a bit overused though.

grumpy cat got his own section in time magazine and to this day that still frustrates me
i'm perpetually pissed off
where is my time magazine photoshoot

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm a big fan of the '60's Scooby Doo series. I grew up on it and it's just amazing, imo. <3

Years
I watched an old Scooby-Doo cartoon back when I was really young, around 9 or 10 or something. I think it was the one with the "Scooby Doo, where are you?" song or something. I'm surprised how the series has evolved a lot, notably with the character designs.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I watched an old Scooby-Doo cartoon back when I was really young, around 9 or 10 or something. I think it was the one with the "Scooby Doo, where are you?" song or something. I'm surprised how the series has evolved a lot, notably with the character designs.

That's the original, it's pretty epic. I just love the Mummy episode. :3

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
That's the original, it's pretty epic. I just love the Mummy episode. :3

you're going to be a little bit more specific about which mummy episode you mean, daphne

scooby doo is honestly one of my favourite cartoons of all time!!! always a joy to watch, predictably entertaining, full of famous catchphrases/lines ('jinkies!', 'let's split up gang', 'if it weren't for those meddling kids...' GOD THERE ARE SO MANY) and it's truly the jewel in the crown of hanna-barbera in my opinion

i also love the movies to death btw, thanks to glorious scenes like this

Honest

Hi!
Years
OMG I LOVED THAT SCENE. Man, I haven't seen the movies in a while, too, I just realized. Need to get my Scooby Doo fill in, sometime soon.

My favorite quote will forever and always be "Zoinks" though.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
you're going to be a little bit more specific about which mummy episode you mean, daphne

scooby doo is honestly one of my favourite cartoons of all time!!! always a joy to watch, predictably entertaining, full of famous catchphrases/lines ('jinkies!', 'let's split up gang', 'if it weren't for those meddling kids...' GOD THERE ARE SO MANY) and it's truly the jewel in the crown of hanna-barbera in my opinion

i also love the movies to death btw, thanks to glorious scenes like this

The one where the mummy walks around and goes "coin, coin!!" and everything. It's one of the first few episodes of the show period.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
go, go, go, ghost!

I liked the movie Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, I saw the premiere on Cartoon Network when I was a kid and I kept watchign the re-runs of it also. It's my favorite Scooby-Doo movie until now :)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
That is a good movie, I actually really enjoyed it. It was done quite well. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back