• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emburn

<3
Years
I think Gen III should act as a Legacy. They shouldn't bring it back, because, honestly, they'd probably just screw it up. RSE was probably their greatest series IMO and to see them remake a crappy version of it would be saddening. Some things are meant to stay in the past.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
. . . What would they call it? Blood Ruby and Tear Sapphire? I mean that lovingly, but I also kind of missed out because I lost the game when I first got it T-T

I suppose they could do it, though it would be slightly unnecessary. The 3rd gen is already pretty slick as it is, and doesn't really require that much of a huge reboot as, say, gen 2's original games. Sure, the 3D prospect is pretty alluring, but. . . It already seems modern enough. Will they do it? I suppose there's nothing stopping them, and I'm pretty sure a huge uprising will go against Game Freak if they don't do so. But will that create a chain? Will that suck Gen 4's remake into Gen 7's creation? Gen 5 into 8's? How far do you suspect we can go before we get all pooped out of graphical ideas and have absolutely no point in resurrecting past titles?

I'm betting that all of the games that will have had remakes released by the time that every single generation of the Pokémon franchise ends up on the Nintendo eShop will eventually just be updated every generation.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 7, 2013
I would love to have a Hoenn remake. You see, in my generation (and i guess also in the early past generations), Hoenn games is a hit. I remember when I was craving for an Emerald version because I only had my Ruby Vr. That feeling is awesome. So when I heard the rumor that a Hoenn-remake will take place, the feeling that I felt way back 2005 came back. And oh yes, I would like to but the game if it will be remade.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
There haven't been remakes because the main reason they make remakes is so people can have Pokémon from previous generations in newer generation games. Since R/S/E is compatible there is no reason for a remake. However, I believe that if there is enough demand for it and it's good for business, then there will eventually be remakes.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
There haven't been remakes because the main reason they make remakes is so people can have Pokémon from previous generations in newer generation games. Since R/S/E is compatible there is no reason for a remake. However, I believe that if there is enough demand for it and it's good for business, then there will eventually be remakes.

Compatibility with Ruby and Sapphire is tenuous in current circumstances. How many people do you think would, as of Generation V, persevere through not one, but two cross-generational Pokémon transfers for each and every one of their monsters? And Gen. VI is going to add another hoop for Trainers to jump through? At least future games can utilize Pokémon Bank for easier data transfer…

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My wishlist for Hoenn remakes:
-Player customization
-Expanded Hoenn dex, with Sinnoh/Kalos evos and prevos, as well as stuff like Gastly and Misdreavus
-More in-game trades
-Return of the Battle Frontier
-Mega Stones for Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert available in-game
-Gym Leader rematches
-Elite Four and Champion become stronger after your first battle with them

Here are some things I'd love to see, but not as much as the ones listed above:
-More sidequests
-Completely revamped Artisan Cave
-Altering Cave and Scorched Slab actually having a purpose

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
...the main reason they make remakes is so people can have Pokémon from previous generations in newer generation games.
Wrong.

The ONLY reason they make games at all is to turn a profit. This isn't some sort of "service" for loyal fans - it's a business. The ONLY thing they care about is whether or not making a particular game at a particular time is a sound business decision.

If they decide that remaking the Hoenn games is a sound business decision, then that's what they're going to do, and it really doesn't matter how many times people trot out the same tired old diversionary arguments.

blue

gucci
Years
Mmm, their sole ambition is to turn over a profit and that's what will determine whether they choose to remake Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire or not. The reason why Gold & Silver were remade was probably because Gold & Silver were the most popular and/or profitable games to that point in time, HGSS have shifted 12 Million copies which proves it was the right decision on their behalf for them to re-create those games. Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire on the other hand didn't do as well in terms of sales, but that doesn't mean RS remakes wouldn't do well either.. heck they could even outsell their predecessors. Judging by the amount of demand for these remakes I think it's safe to say that they would generate a huge profit for Game Freak but it's whether they believe that Ruby & Sapphire remakes could shift millions of copies, we know they would but it's entirely down to them what games they release and what they believe will make the most money for them.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Wrong.

The ONLY reason they make games at all is to turn a profit. This isn't some sort of "service" for loyal fans - it's a business. The ONLY thing they care about is whether or not making a particular game at a particular time is a sound business decision.

If they decide that remaking the Hoenn games is a sound business decision, then that's what they're going to do, and it really doesn't matter how many times people trot out the same tired old diversionary arguments.

You are right, but what I said was also right. Not being able to catch all of the Pokémon in the newer games was effecting their popularity, so by making remakes that allowed you to catch them, it increased profit of the newest games as well as the remakes they just released. So yes, they did it for business, just like any company would, but the reason business was hurting was the games not connecting, so they allowed you to catch all the Pokémon, because it was good for business.

Years
It's something I'd like to see, but I have my doubts as to if game freak will ever make them. Whil initially, RSE didn't come close to rivalling GSC in terms of sales, I think the cult following 'RSE remakes' has gotten since then may help. Nintendo wants to make money, and I think they noticed that people want RSE remakes. I personally think they'd sell extremely well. Hoenn in 3D would be beautiful I think.

all that water though

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
A Hoenn remake will only be acceptable if it has some sort of post-game. Emerald was rather dire, with only the Battle Frontier being significant.

I'm hoping they don't remake it because it would be a waste of resources. Can't see what a Hoenn remake would add to the series. When remaking GSC, they had several excuses: the fact DPPt had few Johto Pokémon, the fact there was still a lot of untapped potential in Johto that they didn't realize in 1999 due to time and space constraints. Of course, Nintendo is always remaking their own games, but then again, GF isn't Nintendo...

franko94

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
See, the reason I think they will remake them is that it is easy money. It is a ton cheaper to make a remake than it is to make an entirely new game. For starters, you don't need to write a new story, you just need to tweak the story to include new pokemon, mechanics etc. You don't need to develop a new region, the region is already there. You don't need to develop new characters, they're already there. You don't need to develop new pokemon, they're already made. Plus, this little effort to release a game that could be pitched to younger players as a new game in a new region, and pitched as a nostalgia trip to older players creates a massive profit for them.

Plus, I consider Gen III to be "my generation." I still play it to this day.

Other things to consider:

Japan still sold over 7000 copies of Emerald in 2011.
Speaking of patterns: If it comes out next year, the pattern will be intact. 8 years between R/B/Y and FR/LG, 10 between G/S/C and HG/SS, 12 years between R/S/E and remakes.

Realistically though, I think a remake of Kanto is more realistic for this Generation.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
A reviewer for Pokemon X and Y revealed this hint about Hoenn that is in the games:

"The thing I wanted to share earlier: there is a random person from Hoenn talking about his region. He said it's a nice region etc etc, but the final thing he said was very interesting:

"You will see it in due time""

[TTOTD]maxie526

Leader of the TTOTD clan
Years
Although Nintendo hasn't confirmed that they're working on a Hoenn remake, there is a strong pattern which indicates that they will release a Hoenn remake for the Nintendo 3DS. To understand this pattern we need to ask ourselves: when has Nintendo released remakes? Well, let's take a look at all the main Pokemon games they've released so far.

Gameboy:
Pokemon Red & Blue (1996)
Pokemon Yellow (1999)

Gameboy Color:
Pokemon Gold &Silver (2000)
Pokemon Crystal (2001)

Gameboy Advance:
Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (2003)
Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen (2004)(remakes of Pokemon Red and Blue/Green)
Pokemon Emerald (2005)

Nintendo DS:
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl (2007)
Pokemon Platinum (2009)
Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver (2010)(remakes of Gold and Silver)
Pokemon Black & White (2011)
Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 (2012)

Starting to see a pattern? Basically, they won't release Hoenn remakes for the DS because the differences in terms of graphics won't be different enough from the original Hoenn games (Ruby & Sapphire), which is the same reason why we didn't get a Gold & Silver remake for the Gameboy Advance and it was too soon to release a remake just 4 years after Gold & Silver came out. And with the new handheld console, the Nintendo 3DS, it makes sense that Nintendo won't release a brand new remake on an old outdated console from 2005 (The Nintendo DS). My guess is that we will get a Hoenn remake for Nintendo 3DS after Pokemon X and Y have been released, which should be sometime in 2014 or 2015.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
A reviewer for Pokemon X and Y revealed this hint about Hoenn that is in the games:

"The thing I wanted to share earlier: there is a random person from Hoenn talking about his region. He said it's a nice region etc etc, but the final thing he said was very interesting:

"You will see it in due time""

Please put a link or an image to support your point. :)
Because everyone will be happier that way. lol ^^

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 2, 2017
I believe they will remake Emerald in 2014 since it's the 10th anniversary of it, or they just make different Hoenn story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back