• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby-Slade

Dragon/Pseudo master
Years
i didnt get the spiritomb off wonder trade i got the marshadow off wonder trade then trades my hacked marshadow for the spiritomb and i asked the kid if it was hacked and he said no so am just double checking thats all

Years
Hello, I recently got a shiny Azumarill from a trade and would like to have it verified. Thanks in advance!
Azumarill, dive ball, level 100
Region: Japan
(I cannot replicate the OT since it's Japanese, sorry).
ID: 13353
IV: x/x/31/x/31/31
Jolly nature, Sap Sipper ability
Aqua Ring, Superpower, Hydro Pump, Double Edge
"Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Kalos region"
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: Hoenn champion, Kalos champion, Effort, Alert, Shock, Downcast, Careless, Relax, Snooze, Smile, Footprint

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Spoiler:

That is most-likely an Azumarill caught in a Friend Safari in X or Y. The shiny rates in Friend Safari is higher and the 'mons you catch there has at least 3 perfect IVs iirc.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
i didnt get the spiritomb off wonder trade i got the marshadow off wonder trade then trades my hacked marshadow for the spiritomb and i asked the kid if it was hacked and he said no so am just double checking thats all
Then I'm disappointed you're trading hacks around in the first place haha; note they are against the trade forum rules!

Still would say caution. I'm assuming he didn't bred it himself and didn't vouch for it past "saying" it's legit, and if you traded him a hack then there's no assuring he didn't do the same thing to you. Use it for breeding if you want, but still recommend releasing it. At the very least don't trade it around.

Spoiler:
All of those ribbons are a little concerning though. Still, not impossible, and since you got it from a trade it's probably fine. I guess it's just a well-loved Shiny.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
is it possible for a cherubi to be in a love ball?

Yep.
DVdloX5.png

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Hey!
I got some new Events that are flagged into PKHeX, can you check them for me? :3 I can send the files if you want, too.

Spoiler:

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
Hey!
I got some new Events that are flagged into PKHeX, can you check them for me? :3 I can send the files if you want, too.

Spoiler:

As far as I know, and I got the error double checked with Flareblitz13 a week ago, Event OT Affection definitely means it's hacked. That implies that with the OT, they had friendship value increasing before it was redeemed.

I've... never seen the second error before. But I just checked my own 09134 Smash Bros Greninja and 00720 Election Greninja, and they both have that same error. Quick Google search tells me PKHeX isn't recognizing the Normal Greninja form in a Sun and Moon save file. Loading them up into a gen 6 save file makes that error disappear.

So don't worry about that second error.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
As far as I know, and I got the error double checked with Flareblitz13 a week ago, Event OT Affection definitely means it's hacked. That implies that with the OT, they had friendship value increasing before it was redeemed.

I've... never seen the second error before. But I just checked my own 09134 Smash Bros Greninja and 00720 Election Greninja, and they both have that same error. Quick Google search tells me PKHeX isn't recognizing the Normal Greninja form in a Sun and Moon save file. Loading them up into a gen 6 save file makes that error disappear.

So don't worry about that second error.

Well, that sucks for the Jirachi, did you want the file? Thanks a lot for the clarifications! I wasn't sure about either because they're both pretty unusual

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
Well, that sucks for the Jirachi, did you want the file? Thanks a lot for the clarifications! I wasn't sure about either because they're both pretty unusual

If you can, that would be good :) At least it's another one to add to my hack list lol.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
If you can, that would be good :) At least it's another one to add to my hack list lol.

Alright, I'll send it tomorrow when I get to work. Thanks again!

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Wanting opinions on this before I do it:

I've received an event via a user on Serebii which has, in addition to the correct ribbon, a Premiere Ribbon on it. It matches up with a listing on a list of legit events I have (that Haileo sent me; it's Danny's list on Neoseeker). It's a 5th Gen event so I'm assuming the ribbon was added on via Pokecheck / some other program that slaps that on when it does stuff. I was thinking of removing it in PKHeX or something similar. Should I? Or should I just tell peopleit is legit and leave it at that?

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
Wanting opinions on this before I do it:

I've received an event via a user on Serebii which has, in addition to the correct ribbon, a Premiere Ribbon on it. It matches up with a listing on a list of legit events I have (that Haileo sent me; it's Danny's list on Neoseeker). It's a 5th Gen event so I'm assuming the ribbon was added on via Pokecheck / some other program that slaps that on when it does stuff. I was thinking of removing it in PKHeX or something similar. Should I? Or should I just tell peopleit is legit and leave it at that?

This is something I'd like to know, because I have something similar. In July 2011, it had already been 5 months after I stopped event collecting, but I was sent a set of Summer 2011 Karrablast/Shelmet/Zoroark from someone on Neoseeker. In addition to a bunch of legit FRA ETE2011/GER SMR2011/GER SO2011/etc, I was given a SPA VER2011 set that has both a Classic Ribbon and a Souvenir Ribbon. Since I don't know anything about these events other than what I've learned this year after coming back to event collecting, I'm not sure if they're supposed to come with a Souvenir Ribbon or not. I got them a month after they were released, so I'd assume they were legit.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
This is something I'd like to know, because I have something similar. In July 2011, it had already been 5 months after I stopped event collecting, but I was sent a set of Summer 2011 Karrablast/Shelmet/Zoroark from someone on Neoseeker. In addition to a bunch of legit FRA ETE2011/GER SMR2011/GER SO2011/etc, I was given a SPA VER2011 set that has both a Classic Ribbon and a Souvenir Ribbon. Since I don't know anything about these events other than what I've learned this year after coming back to event collecting, I'm not sure if they're supposed to come with a Souvenir Ribbon or not. I got them a month after they were released, so I'd assume they were legit.
I don't know of any circumstances where an event comes with more than one ribbon, so it's definitely one or the other. In your case Idk which it's supposed to be, since Bulbapedia lists the Classic Ribbon on it but Serebii says Festival (Souvenir) Ribbon. I guess whichever the rest of them have is supposed to be the correct one?

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
I don't know of any circumstances where an event comes with more than one ribbon, so it's definitely one or the other. In your case Idk which it's supposed to be, since Bulbapedia lists the Classic Ribbon on it but Serebii says Festival (Souvenir) Ribbon. I guess whichever the rest of them have is supposed to be the correct one?

Hmm... I think I found something.

I got these sets from the same person: GER SUM2011 (I have two sets, got another set from a different person), SWISS SO2011, SPA VER2011, and FRA ETE2011. I've definitely looked at all of them before because I traded out the VER2011 set to my friend, and I remember only the Spanish set giving me an error in PKHeX. Now, I'm seeing everything by this person giving me an error.

Apparently my French set's OT is ETE2011 when it's supposed to be ÉTÉ2011. It's weird because PKHeX has never given that an error before. That means my French set is definitely hacked. SO2011 gives an error which is normal because PP doesn't have the wondercard for it, and it's been contested back then about whether or not this event truly happened in Switzerland. The German and Spanish set given to me by this person all say Invalid Ribbon: Souvenir Ribbon. Now that I know my French set is hacked, I'm inclined to believe they're all hacked.

This person also gave me full characteristic sets of the WIN2011 Beasts (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune), but that's not odd because back then, characteristic sets obtained by wondercards were in demand and were a commodity.

So now that I know my extra ribbon error is hacked, I'd say yours is hacked too. Bulbapedia says Premier Ribbons in gen 5 should only be held by Event Mewtwos, and that's the only ribbon it should have. If a Premier Ribbon is on a gen 5 event Pokemon that's not a Mewtwo, then it's most likely hacked.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Hmm... I think I found something.

I got these sets from the same person: GER SUM2011 (I have two sets, got another set from a different person), SWISS SO2011, SPA VER2011, and FRA ETE2011. I've definitely looked at all of them before because I traded out the VER2011 set to my friend, and I remember only the Spanish set giving me an error in PKHeX. Now, I'm seeing everything by this person giving me an error.

Apparently my French set's OT is ETE2011 when it's supposed to be ÉTÉ2011. It's weird because PKHeX has never given that an error before. That means my French set is definitely hacked. SO2011 gives an error which is normal because PP doesn't have the wondercard for it, and it's been contested back then about whether or not this event truly happened in Switzerland. The German and Spanish set given to me by this person all say Invalid Ribbon: Souvenir Ribbon. Now that I know my French set is hacked, I'm inclined to believe they're all hacked.

This person also gave me full characteristic sets of the WIN2011 Beasts (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune), but that's not odd because back then, characteristic sets obtained by wondercards were in demand and were a commodity.

So now that I know my extra ribbon error is hacked, I'd say yours is hacked too. Bulbapedia says Premier Ribbons in gen 5 should only be held by Event Mewtwos, and that's the only ribbon it should have. If a Premier Ribbon is on a gen 5 event Pokemon that's not a Mewtwo, then it's most likely hacked.
Cool, glad you could figure your problem out!

So you're saying instead of thinking it's legit (since it matches a listing in a legit list) and just had a Premiere Ribbon added on by Pokecheck / a similar program, I should think it's a straight up hack and release it?

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
Cool, glad you could figure your problem out!

So you're saying instead of thinking it's legit (since it matches a listing in a legit list) and just had a Premiere Ribbon added on by Pokecheck / a similar program, I should think it's a straight up hack and release it?

I actually have no idea how Pokecheck worked because that was after my time, but I'd like to know which event you're talking about lol

Road

beyond salvation
Years
I actually have no idea how Pokecheck worked because that was after my time, but I'd like to know which event you're talking about lol
Oh, I assumed you did since you know way more about hack checking than most. Pokecheck was a way for people to hack check Pokemon by uploading it to a server via the GTS. It was prevalent in 5th Gen and I thiiiiink 4th, but I didn't know about it in that gen. Once it was uploaded you went onto the server in your browser and could see the info listed out similar to how we check in PKHeX nowadays. You could then "clone" it by downloading it to your game several times, and other people could download it if you made the file public. However, to mark that it had come from Pokecheck, it had a Premiere Ribbon added onto it.

It's a Pikachu Festival Pikachu that matches this listing on Danny's list:
03232 トウホク Pikachu - Timid - Somewhat Vain - Mar 23, 2012 Shiny
(It's under "Part 12 – Gen V Events, IDs 01113 to 06011")

I haven't been able to check the date because PKHeX won't read my Moon save for some reason, but everything else matches, including the original ribbon. The only thing that is different is the extra Premiere Ribbon which again, as I explained, I believe is a Pokecheck ribbon for reasons above.

Last edited:

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
Oh, I assumed you did since you know way more about hack checking than most. Pokecheck was a way for people to hack check Pokemon by uploading it to a server via the GTS. It was prevalent in 5th Gen and I thiiiiink 4th, but I didn't know about it in that gen. Once it was uploaded you went onto the server in your browser and could see the info listed out similar to how we check in PKHeX nowadays. You could then "clone" it by downloading it to your game several times, and other people could download it if you made the file public. However, to mark that it had come from Pokecheck, it had a Premiere Ribbon added onto it.

It's a Pikachu Festival Pikachu that matches this listing on Danny's list:
03232 トウホク Pikachu - Timid - Somewhat Vain - Mar 23, 2012 Shiny
(It's under "Part 12 – Gen V Events, IDs 01113 to 06011")

I haven't been able to check the date because PKHeX won't read my Moon save for some reason, but everything else matches, including the original ribbon. The only thing that is different is the extra Premiere Ribbon which again, as I explained, I believe is a Pokecheck ribbon for reasons above.

Interesting. As far as I know, Pokecheck was first introduced in the beginning of 2011, so that would be 5th gen. I stopped event collecting in February 2011, but I've only lightly heard about it over the years.

Also as far as I know, Pokecheck has since shut down so you can't see anything uploaded on the server anymore. So I'd assume that because it's shiny, someone was suspicious about the Tohoku Pikachu and checked it on Pokecheck. So yeah, I'd say probably legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back