• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EXO: (Rated 17+)

Years
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you all wait. I've finished my SU, so let me know what you think. Then it'll just be heretostay we're waiting on.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
You worked my character's husband into your RP example! That's awesome, Godzil! If that wasn't intentional, I'd be very disappointed. :D

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Well I was going to create a sprinter/stealth mobility based scout character (I think I put enough adjectives on there). The prosthetics was actually based off of something else but you had one so I asked. Working on the SU right now though so should be done either late tonight or tomorrow.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Well I was going to create a sprinter/stealth mobility based scout character (I think I put enough adjectives on there). The prosthetics was actually based off of something else but you had one so I asked. Working on the SU right now though so should be done either late tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry, Clank, but I was looking over the plot, as in the one I have that isn't revealed yet, and the scout has become both OP and massively underpowered. His speed basis makes him have inversly low attack power, and renders him pointless in combat, and he has no survival skills other then stealth which leave him vunerable to anything that doesn't need to see him. In addition he has no technical skill like the other classes. He's OP int he plot since it ruins the point of sudden surpise and not knowing what is next. I should have though of that before to prevent spoilers.

So what I'm gonna do is remove the scout class and offer yout he other marine. These aren't real marine so the history is still open. Also you can scout ahead a bit, but you won't be fast or invisible.

The scout would have gotten out of hand bfore the first day even ended. He couldn't help in real combat and had no way to assisst int eh specialized tasks.

I'm also considered taking out the astronaut as his point was to be the pilot and have flight capablities, but those again would cause spoilers.

I am considering a different class to replace them called the sentry who would be the tank of the team. he'd go first, not like a scout would, but as a EXO shield. he'd also have tons of physical strength so he could do a lot of manual labor.

@godzil: everything looks pretty good. Earth is supposed to be a bit more crappy ya know like resources and running out and stuff, but its not a major issue as earth shouldn't play an big part. I have to say him being ont he board does feel a bit iffy to me as its more of a scientific venture then a business one. Its like we do this we live, we fail we die. So there wouldn't be much of a board. maybe a committie of all the researchers. besides that which are things I'm happy to over look my only issues were the EXO armor and paint job.

I understand your reasoning but 6 inches of armor is more of the marine's level. I mean Izic went the extra mile to get 4. The suits are made to last of course, so unless your character is getting mauled and beaten he shouldn't have an issue, and besides he need to take care of people after they are out of the suit, so Izic would need to get there first to take care fo the suit or get them out of it. The thing with the paint job is well its rediculous for a field agent. the monsters won't care if you are a medic, and quiet frankly the crew would probably prefer you live long enough to help them, so the paint job just gives you away.

but these are jsut tiny things. nothing impacting the deccision much. Accepted.

Last edited:

Tuxedo Clank

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Well I read this after about half an hour of writing for a scout :| I guess changing to marine it is then. I suppose an explosives based guy would not be too out of the question?

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
not really, but you realize that as soon as you run out of ammo you are screwed? though now that a i think of it. it is. this crew is only prepared to fend off animals, large animals, but animals. so explosives are jsut a bit out there.

as a marine the point is more so tactical percision in battle. you're trained to do it. Izic can put as many weapons on his suit as he wants, but that doesnt make him fight better. Like I said though do it with the intention of scouting ahead if you want, but just not speedy and invisible.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Name: First (middle optional) Last: Vinny Stark

Nickname: (optional): Stark, Vin, or Buster because he uses the spiked knuckles skillfully.

Appearance: Paragraphs and pic (the picture is option the writing is not). I want to know their physical appearance and their typical clothes. It isn't required for you to wear any armor or anything like that though you obviously can.) Venny has tanned skin from his long career. Being under the sun all day has made his skin impervious to wrinkles, and it feels much like leather. He has a serious face at all times. He has dark brown hair that he keeps in a crew cut, for he hates it when it gets in his face. His eyes are chocolate brown and always seem to be squinting. He is approxamitley 6'4, 150 pounds and 4 ounces. He checks it every day. He always wears olive green fatigues when he's not in his EXO. When he in the suit he wears olive combat armor that is worn by the standard marine. He wears it to maximize the protection the suit gives.

Background: more then one paragraph. You're history before the EXOs, on earth, and on the station(if you were on the station before being and EXO), and you're experience as one.
Vinny grew up in downtown Houston, Texas. His mother worked with NASA as a interstellar map maker. She was well known for her precision and details on her maps. His father was a platoon commander in the marines. He was a clever tactician and an excellent shot with an assault rifle. Vinny's parents wanted him to be in the EXO program immediately, for it combined astronomy and the military. His mother began to teach him about cartography at a very, very young age: 3. At the age of 6 he started school like every other normal kid. He was always dead serious, even when he was a child. After years and years he gratuated from high school and got a large scholarship to the University of Texas. He gratuated with a bachelor''s degree in science and went in to the military as an officer, just like his father wanted.

He trained in multiple marine bases throughout the country and never stayed in one particular base for more than a month. By his third month in the service, he had been to twenty-three different stations.

Personality: More then a paragraph as well. I want to know who this person is almost as well as they do. Also how they cope with stress, their ideals, and a quote by them or another person (real or from the IC world) Venny is very serious...all the time. He never goofs off, and is always vigilant. Spector always thinks things through before he does them. That's his systematic thinking right there. He gets angry when younger recruits show disrespect to older soldiers. Being one of the older members of the corps, he is pretty high in rank.

EXO suit: (name, appearance (pic is ok), weapons, and other notable features. These suits are generally only a little larger than the pilot. Think War Monger from Iron Man, but each one is made specifically for its pilot, so EX. I'm playing the engineer so mine is built so I can still be dexterous while working with machines. A marine's might be a much bigger one made for combat.)
Name: Cyclops

Work skill: Marine

Personal weapons: (one large and two small. Ex. Sniper rifle and two pistols. OR four small Ex. Two knives two pistols.) An assault rifle, a pistol, a knife, and brass knuckles with spikes that are a foot long. He equipped his assault rifle with a scope and a grenade launcher that fits under the barrel of his gun. His pistol has a laser sight on it.

Survival gear: (try to work off of what others brought so that everyone is equipped. Five items. Ex. Tent, flares, canteen, hatchet, tool kit) Basic First Aid Kit(Contains bandages and medical tape for when he's out on extensive trips) Standardized food kit(Contains rations, a small pressure cooker, and eating utensils) Hunting Knife(Knife for skinning animals that were caught)

RP example: ([I'd like to thank Charizard_Man for the idea] I'm looking for a rather large example based on this RP. I do NOT want previous work. I want an original one based on this RP. You need to Rp the scenario of your preparation for the mission which begins tomorrow. You've been on this station almost a year now as one of the EXOs and you are finally getting your first mission down on planet 4578. I want to see that personality and background come up in this.)

RP theme song: this is fully optional, but if you had to put a theme song to the RP what would it be: Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce

This is what I have so far. I'm almost done.

Years
Thanks for accepting me, and I've taken your words into consideration. At first I was confused when you discussed a board, but I think I figured it out. I said my character had a position "on board". I meant onboard the station. I'm not part of any board or committee. I changed the wording to make it clearer. Sorry about the confusion.

Also, I was unaware of the standard in armor size, so I assumed that Izic's 4 inches was standard. I removed any exact measurements and just stated that my armor is a standard, medium armor designed to balance protection and mobility. And I removed the custom paint job, since you're right, it will give me away. I kept the logo on the shoulder pads, though. Allow me some vanity or status symbol.

And yes, Claire. I did intentionally reference your husband. With him and I both being doctors, it seemed possible we'd know each other. Just a little world-building to tie things together.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
with HTS about to finish and clank hopefully able to cope to my short falling on the classes I'm going to type up the RP thread. IDK how logn ti will take them to get it up since occasionally they delay it a couple of hours or even a day.

Tuxedo Clank

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Due to unforeseen housing problems for next yearI have not been able to devote the time required to complete the SU. Don't worry about the changing of character stuff, as I said, my brain does ideas easily :P

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I have an idea. I'll have my SU done tomorrow. It's 11 PM and I got home a three hours ago and spent two on freaking Latin. Didn't have enough time to finish, but be expecting one tomorrow.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Just curious if anyone has imput on the pacing. I think my last post rushed through something. Especialy since I wanted to let you guys do a lot of decission making, but as I wrote the post I realized I had ammo sitting in the back of the shuttle on fire, so I had to act fast. Also I had a bit of a plan for what I'd do, so I sort of forced it and didn't let Izic's personality shift realistically. So any imput?

Oh and HTS I've decided I do hold you to that... mostly, so

WHY U NO HAVE SU!?!?

Last edited:

Tuxedo Clank

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
I am afraid I won't be able to complete my SU or participate in this due to my new job taking up more of my time than I expected. Sorry but I just won't be able to continue.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
another question for you guys. (trying to get you guys involved in the plot as there are only three of us atm.)

Would you mind a very generalized stat system? it'd be purely based on what your character is right now. just to explain where your strengths and weaknesses are.

EX.

Izic

Health: medium
Armor: high
Power: medium
Agility: medium
Skill: high
Charisma: low
Survival: medium

Or would you rather a more in depth one that changes as we go.

Health: 90/110
Armor: 60/60
Power: 15-30
Agility: 7
Skill: 9
Charisma: 4
Survival: 6

Or does this just seem pointless? I was thinking with the fact that we all have EXO's a stat system may work. Izic can do repairs to the armor, and something special later on. the medic is taking care of health. the others stats depend on usage.

Maybe I'm just turning this too much into an RPG rather then an RP, but that's what you're here for.

Back