• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKéMON- synchronicity [T] (OOC/SU)

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Sounds fine with me. I kind of figured that there would be other Trainers in the tournament but weren't "important" to the plot. Perhaps our characters could thrash some NPCs in early rounds and then fight each other as the battles get more interesting and the stakes higher. This might also be where the villains (I'm assuming there are some based on "something being wrong") would start showing their faces as well, lulling the contestants and spectators into a false sense of security before coming out.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Well however long it takes me to get an IC thread written up and approved. Then everybody can at least arrive, and as soon as everyone says okay to their partner then we can get this started.

I'm thinking that since the amount of player characters in this is so low I'm going to make up some NPCs just to extend out the length of this a little. I mean, only half of this is about the tournament, but having 12-14 people enter the Pokemon World's Biggest Tournament seems a little...odd. So as long as nobody has any objections to that-

@Mystical Mermaid: I didn't even think about type matchups. xD

Having a few rounds of NPCs would be great! >:3 Also means that people don't end up getting beaten in the first week and not being able to battle again.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
NPCs? Yay Rion might have a chance- I mean that sounds just fine to me, since this is the giant epic tournament of all tournaments. :D

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
No objections here!

It looks like me and you are together Royal. I definitely think that we have an alright pair here.

Years
Looked up Issac..........and found he had a sandstorm team......I have a ground/flying, rock/bug, steel/fighting..............Perfect, almost like they were fated to meet up and dominate >:) >:).

On that note, should we also put the abilities on our SU for our pokemon, since in some cases, it may be important(like Sand Stream, for instance).

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Oh I hadn't even thought of that. Yeah, putting your Pokemon's abilities on the form might be a good idea, I'd say. Then again, I can just trust you all to be consistent and mention the ability if it becomes relevant?

Whimsyful

Tomfooler-er Extraordinaire
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Ha, and I was already one step ahead of you all on the abilities page~ So Ha! Ha ha ha! >:D

Anyways, it looks like you'll be forced to settle with me and Rolly, Fortworth. I hope you don't mind wacky shenanigans. I am all about the wacky shenanigans. Which gave me a thought~ We should really discuss where we want to go with our characters and whatnot. I'm sure every pair will have their own unique story, right~

Are you going to be the one to play all the NPC's, Starsprite? You could probably Make the late kids do it ask us for help~ It would be excessive fun to have a chance to toy with the Pokémon who never made my team! Perhaps the others feel the same?

Last edited:

Kularian

Talespinner
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
@Orion:

Awwwwyeah. Team Sandstorm is gonna rock it! :D Awesome size differences, too. Orion's short and Isaac is kind of a beast XD

But yar, I am excited. :D

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well the IC thread is now awaiting approval, so it shouldn't be too long now~

About the NPCs...well I may end up asking people to help, though for now I think it would be tolerable to play NPCs in small interactions like talking. How your battles go are up to you and your partner though, because trying to write a post between three people would be quite complicated, I imagine.

I got so lazy with the NPCs on the IC thread. I just said that I'd list them when they were discovered. I also just thought of something I probably should have done, but I guess I'll edit it if the thread gets accepted. xD

On another note...do you guys want to make up team names? I just though of that, and it would make the edits I need to make a bit easier if you did, but either way is fine.

Whimsyful

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
The team names idea is awesome, but perhaps it would be best if we could get sorted into our houses and such first?
I mean, I could think of some good ones for each house~

DIALGA: Daimond Duo, Timely Twosome
PALKIA: Pearl Pals, The Spacial Supers
GIRATINA: The Darkmatter Dangers, Alter Egos
ARCEUS: The Cherubic Comrades

So I mean, what do I choose? D:>

I also just had an important thought. If someone's partner drops out of the roleplay... Besides feeding the drop out to the Victreebel and Bulbasaur, what would we do?

Last edited:

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Strictly speaking you're all sorted. Just wait for the IC, won't you. Also I don't think the team names would have to have anything to do with the houses. It's not even a thing I'd want to use in character, just a thing I could call you to group you together. Meh. I don't know.

Oh you, always asking me well thought out questions. STOP IT NOW.

Well my initial verdict on that was to make that team be disqualified, but then I realized that without one you can't even have the other, so now I'm thinking that maybe someone could step in and play the character who left.

Best case scenario is that everyone will stick with it to the end, but obviously that isn't always what happens.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Ha, and I was already one step ahead of you all on the abilities page~ So Ha! Ha ha ha! >:D

Anyways, it looks like you'll be forced to settle with me and Rolly, Fortworth. I hope you don't mind wacky shenanigans. I am all about the wacky shenanigans. Which gave me a thought~ We should really discuss where we want to go with our characters and whatnot. I'm sure every pair will have their own unique story, right~

Are you going to be the one to play all the NPC's, Starsprite? You could probably [STRIKE]Make the late kids do it[/STRIKE] ask us for help~ It would be excessive fun to have a chance to toy with the Pokémon who never made my team! Perhaps the others feel the same?

Whacky shenanigans are my specialty :D And that sounds like a good idea to me~

Whimsyful

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Hey Fortworth, I just had a thought. My shedule is incredibly erratic, I work odd hours and also have other things to take care of. I can post consistently, I'm just worried I might not always be able to be on when you're on. Are you okay with that?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
My schedule isn't exactly perfect either, so it should work fine. I'm mostly online any time between 5 p.m. CMT to 8 a.m. CMT if there's nothing else going on.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ahh, I'd love to get in on this. Starsprite told me there's a free spot :D Gonna add a placeholder and work on the SU over the next couple hours~

Details
Name: Ryudo Skye
Date of Birth: May 18th
Hometown: Snowpoint City; Sinnoh
Reason for Entering: Ryudo has a passion for testing himself, his Pokémon, and his spirit. Entering a famous tournament like this is the perfect way to see how far his team has come.

Appearance
An average height of around 5'10"; his Pokéballs hang around the holder on the wrist of his right hand. Black hair, pointed into wide spikes overflowing down onto his face with a distinctive peak laying in-between his deep blue eyes. A well built and well toned character, showing great physical fitness and dexterity from his many years of adventuring through harsh mountains and cliffs. His garments resemble those of a famous adventurer; wearing deep purples and blacks in his tight-fitting clothes, his physique is demonstrated brilliantly. He has a pair of pitch black fingerless gloves that have never left his sight; they were his father's last gift before departing on his final adventure from home having never returned. He carries a backpack with him wherever he goes containing all the essentials that could be useful for survival - items such as a flare, a rope, first aid kits, a compass, and anything of the sorts can be found within this backpack. He has deep purple, tight-fitted trousers to accompany his attire, partially covered by huge dark-blue hiking boots as years of dwelling in a mountainous environment have prepared him to expect any terrain changes to come.

History
Ryudo has been a Pokémon trainer with his partner Pokémon Emolga since the young age of 10. He first met his partner on a journey through a deep forest after being chased out of town by a group of wild Luxio, lead by an angry Luxray. He had no idea why he was being chased, but the snarling and shredding of ground under their sharp paws would be enough to terrify anyone. Whilst hurtling through the forest with no idea how to get back and sweat dripping from his forehead, Ryudo stumbled on a protruding tree branch and fell unconscious on the forest floor. He woke up noticing a pile of apples had been placed by his side and a fire had been started; and more importantly that he hadn't been ripped to shreds. Dazed and confused, he stumbled over to a nearby tree before being met with a bolt of lightning. Assuming it was the electric wolves returning, he ran to the fire and got ready to hold his own, but instead a Pokémon he'd never seen before emerged from the bushes. The Pokémon resembled something of a flying squirrel and was obviously Electric type judging by the spark of its cheeks; this Pokémon certainly wasn't native to Sinnoh. After beckoning to the apples and fire, Ryudo realized that this Pokémon had saved him from the Luxio and the Pokémon stuck by him on his way out of the forest. He thanked the Pokémon but it wouldn't leave his side; he already knew they'd be a perfect team so he inquired with the town's gym leader Candice about what Pokémon this was and what he should do about it. After a lengthy discussion, Candice identified the confident Pokémon as an Emolga, native to the Unova region, and determined that it was a wild Pokémon. Seeing the obvious bond and connection between the two, she offered Ryudo a Pokéball to capture his first Pokémon and begin his journey as an adventurer; that Pokémon is still to this day his best friend and partner. However, the fear of those electric wolves installed by that night's events has stayed with him too, just the same.

After beginning his journey, Ryudo developed into an adventurous type. He loved nothing more than adventuring in the Snowpoint mountains, travelling as far and as he could. He'd never had much of a family but instead took refuge with Candice, his strong friend, so there wasn't much need for him to stay in Snowpoint City much longer. He headed out on his Pokémon journey at the age of 12 where he found a true passion for exploring caves, mountains and anything of the like. His first adventure lead him to Sinnoh's famous Mt Coronet - a location that he had specifically been warned not to travel to. But he was a curious boy and he'd never pass up an opportunity for adventure, so he took no notice of these warnings. His ideology was that if no one was brave enough to explore then nothing would ever be discovered, so he took it upon himself to become a great explorer. However as he reached the half-way point of the mountain, he was attacked by a group of angry Bronzor that he had obviously disturbed. Ryudo and Emolga tried their best to fend off the advancing Pokémon, but they were being easily overwhelmed. This didn't make him want to give up though; it only encouraged him to push further and prove that he was strong enough to cope on his own. He asked Emolga to perform one final push of electricity with an Electro ball attack, and this sent the group of Bronzor flying. He didn't turn back after this though; he still made sure to explore as much of the cave as he possibly could. All the while without him knowing, the Bronzor's leader, a quiet Bronzong, had been watching and observing the duo. As Ryudo headed to the base of the mountain, the towering Bronzong blocked the exit. But Ryudo could see that the Pokémon wasn't angry; it was excited and smiling brilliantly. Knowing that it was itching to battle, Ryudo gave Emolga orders and eventually came out o top with his partner, before throwing a Pokéball to capture the Bronzong. It easily accepted the capture and gladly joined Ryudo's team.

Ryudo's travels then continued all throughout the region of Sinnoh with his Emolga and Bronzong; he never felt the need to capture another Pokémon with these two by his side. But eventually he grew tired of Sinnoh accepting that everything had been explored, so his passion lead him to travel to the continent of Unova that he had heard about from Candice. He decided to travel Unova, collecting gym badges as he went, but this never really interested him. He stopped after receiving the Jet Badge from Skyla and instead rekindled his passion for adventure. He traveled throughout Unova exploring the spectacular places it had to offer; caves packed with electricity, huge towers built by dragons, huge chasms housing the creatures of nightmares; these places and concepts all made him more excited than ever before. He continued his journey and eventually came across an injured Trubbish. By now he had developed a strong love for Poison types based on his Bronzong's Toxic attack, so he felt sorry for the poor Pokémon and brought it to a nearby Pokécenter to be healed. He waited by the Trubbish's side to ensure it made a full recovery before heading off back onto his journey; but the Trubbish never forgot this and followed him closely. A few weeks later and several more areas having been explored, Trubbish finally picked up the courage to challenge Ryudo to a battle to be captured. Ryudo gladly accepted and asked Emolga to help him out. Trubbish put up an incredible battle for such a small Pokémon that he even ended up knocking out Emolga; Bronzong then managed to subdue the Poison type Pokémon with its Psychic attack, allowing Trubbish to be captured and join the team. The foursome traveled the rest of the continent, learning new moves and having Trubbish evolve, before getting wind of the Pokemon Grand Tournament accepting sign-ups. He thought this would be the perfect way to see how much he had grown as a person and how far his Pokémon had come, so he hastily entered ready to show his power. He was nervous of the fact that it would be a partnered event since he'd never worked alongside another trainer before, but he was still just as excited as ever. He just prayed there wouldn't be any trainers brave enough to have tamed and captured one of those terrifying electric wolves or that'd be his downfall.

Pokémon
th_Emolga-1.png

Emolga
Naughty | Motor Drive
  • Acrobatics
  • Volt-Switch
  • Double Team
  • Electro Ball
437.png

Bronzong
Quiet | Heat Proof
  • Toxic
  • Gyro Ball
  • Psychic
  • Iron Defense
(Psychic may change to Future Sight during the RP via TM/training/tutoring if that's okay)

569-frame1.png

Garbodor
Brave | Stench
  • Gunk Shot
  • Rock Blast
  • Stockpile
  • Swallow
Okay I think this is just about done now - I'll review it later once I get some sleep but feel free to accept/reject based on that since I don't think it'll change much. c:

Also Whimsyful I think we're going to have some trouble with your Luxray. c;

Last edited:

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well since pokeman10000's spot has expired there are two open spots, but I kind of vetoed any more reservations.

However I'm just going to be contradictory and reserve you both until the end of the day, because, well, it seems reasonable.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well although some of the sentences in your appearance aren't actually sentences, it was descriptive enough (and your history was lovely too. all the people who signed up have interesting histories) that I can accept that.

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
Years
Name: Malik Daniel

Date of Birth: Jul. 17

Hometown Iccirus City, Unova

Reason for Entering: Malik entered the tournament through word of mouth, and hearing about the prize money decided to join in.

Appearance:

Eye Color: Dark Brown

Hair: Black, Buzz Cut w/ Waves

Minority: Black; African American

Height: 5"7'

Weight: 147 IBS.

Clothing: Malik wears a Yellow T-shirt with a black dragon design covering most of the left side and going up towards the neck. He wears dark black jeans and white sneakers. On his back is a black Trainer bag that swings over his left shoulder and rides the length of his body to his right side. The zippers are yellow and the fabric inside each pocket and every fold-out inside are the same color (yellow).

History: Malik was raised in Iccirus City in Unova. To this day he never understood why. He hates the cold, and from what he grew to understand, so did his parents. While they lived in Saffron, his mother and father worked in two unimportant firms at the Silph. Co building. Their hours never conflicted with spending time with their son, seeing as he'd be in school or walking home by the time he'd got there. But there were days that Malik would be home before them, sometimes for at least 30 minutes or even up to two hours on the longer work days. His mother didn't want him at home that long by himself, so by pulling a few strings, and talking to the city's local Gym Leader, Malik's 7th birthday present was specifically from Blackthorn City's Clair herself, a baby Dratini. They lived in Saffron for a few more years after that, until a promotion to a location far off in Unova showed a new opportunity for money to arise.

The move to Iccirus City was long, mostly because they weren't originally from Unova to begin with. The move came around his 10th birthday and by then, Dratini, now named Serena, had evolved into his graceful and powerful Dragonair. His mother and father quickly began work and Malik was back to how it was before. Leave school, come home and do any homework he could do on his own until his parents came back, then play around with Dratini until he decided to crash for the night. The only difference is that now he had to do it all in unbearably cold weather.

Living in Iccirus was difficult. No, it wasn't hard to meet people seeing as it was very lively and always so festive. And it definitely wasn't because the City was boring. I mean they lived in the same city as an official Gym Leader. In fact, he lived across the STREET from him. All these things were amazing. The ambiance, the friendly and lively people, the view of an ancient tower right overhead. Yeah, it would've been the life ... if it wasn't so COLD!

Malik could never get over it, not even during school when they kept the classrooms at just the right temperature (and Arceus forbid that thing ever broke and the class was left to freeze in the cold)...

However, when Malik actually decided to deal with it and try to ignore it, he met what soon became to be his best friend, Glace. Glace showed Malik around the city until he'd gotten used to his surroundings. He even helped him capture another member of his team, Freezeblink the Beartic. Once he'd become old enough to work, Glace helped his friend get a job at a nearby motorcycle repair shop. The job payed excellently and helped him afford alot of the things he never could, including nice clothes for the weather, and even a fancy high-tech heater for the house. Now things were going great and his Pokemon team was powerful enough, but he still felt a little empty about it all.

It was then that loss became gain. His boss at the repair shop sadly passed away, leaving behind the shop to a very capable Malik and Glace. But he also left behind a Pokemon, a very quiet Pawniard, who helped out with most of the auto-repairs. Glace wasn't really into the whole battling thing, and didn't argue the fact that Malik was the best candidate to take care of the now lonely Pokemon, so he took it upon himself to name him and train him into a stronger and much more reliable Bisharp.

Sadly, the shop began running down, and the workers faced many paycuts and layoffs. Glace and Malik did what he could to bring in more money, but even doing more shifts and asking his parents for financial help didn't seem to be enough. They hated to admit it, but it was becoming clear thay after about another year, or even sooner, they would have to close up shop for good. The last thing they wanted to do us ask for more money or doing more workloads than they could handle, but what else could they do?

Hearing about the Pokemon tournament came from Malik's bestfriend actually. One day while Glace came down with a cold, and Malik offered to cover his shift, he came across a televised commercial for the event and immediately told Malik about it. Malik already had a pretty decent Pokemon team along with him, so Glace thought it'd be a great idea. 5000000 bucks. Seemed like a ridiculously ironic amount of money for such a random event, but Malik didn't contest whatever force brought this their way. With that amount of determination, Malik gathered up his 3 strongest Pokemon, and set off for the island that the tournament was to be held on.
-Pokemon-

•Name- Freezeblink
-Species: Shiny Beartic
Nature/ Docile Nature (Likes to thrash about)
°Moves°
~Hammer Arm
~Ice Fang
~Frost Breath
~Avalanche

----------------------------------------

•Name- Serena
-Species: Dragonair
*Gender* Female
Nature/ Modest Nature (Proud of her Power)
°Moves°
~Draco Meteor
~Dragonbreath
~Twister
~Waterfall

----------------------------------------

•Name- Serrate
-Species: Bisharp
*Gender* Male
Nature/ Adamant Nature (Somewhat vain)
°Moves°
~Metal Claw
~Hyper Beam
~Guillotine
~Dig

------------------------------------------

Alright, here it is. If there's anything wrong with it let me know and I'll change it as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Back