• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Napoleon is a gorgeous shiny : D Piplup is one of my favorite shinies, I actually plan to hunt for him once I get my planned hunts over with.

Planned hunts/In progress:

Shiny sprites courtesy of Pokecheck.

Spoiler:

one day, i will finish the list.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
YAY SHINY!!!!

HOLY CRAP GUYS!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! I just started my hunt for Ho-oh on Soul Silver, and after only 55 SR's! IT BECAME SHINY!!!! I CAUGHT SOME SCREENSHOTS, WILL POST THEM TOMORROW! I AM SO HAPPY!! 10 Mins hunt! (sprite courtesy of pokecheck) That covers the fire bit of the monthly hunt!!!! SO HAPPY :D :D I also thought because it was early the sparkles weren't real xD but i caught it, like i said before i'll post screenies :D.
250.gif

EDIT: Current Hunts
- Cobalion (68 SR's)
- Piplup (5 SR's)

I still can't get over the fact i found this shiny, i'm still freaking out lol

Double Edit:
@Arceus Whisper you can get Ho-oh! Good Luck!
Why is everyone (including me) getting Ho-oh this month?
Screenshots

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I have decided to take up shiny hunting. I currently own a shiny Ralts, a shiny Metang, and of course multiple shiny Gyarodos (But so does everyone else). I have never encountered a shiny myself, with the exception of Gyarodos, and have only obtained shinies through trade. I am currently attempting my first Masuda Method shiny buy breeding tons of Charmander. If any of you have any shiny hunting tips, they would be much appreciated. I have been extremely unlucky when it comes to shinies as I have played pokemon since 2nd gen came out and never encountered a single shiny, and I'm fed up with it. But I refuse to RNG abuse the game. It's cheap and destroys the value of shiny pokemon. Hence my new quest.

EDIT: I also have the event shiny dogs...

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Deino and Ho-oh, Ninjagon!

Congrats on the shiny Piplup, rykerr1!

Welcome to the club, NecrumWarrior and THEEEVEENATOR999!

The best tip I can give is... be patient! You may feel like a Pokémon will never shine after weeks of hunting, but don't give up. If a hunt is not going well, take a break or switch to something else for awhile. My Litwick hunt has lasted over a year (since April or May of last year) and I have taken many breaks and switched to many different hunts for awhile to keep things fresh. One hunt I switched to during the winter landed me a shiny Eevee.

This week's random hunt is... Cranidos!

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I'd like to join..
I've caught a few shinies.
I have:
Golem(Diamond)
Tyranitar(Firered)
Bellossom(Emerald)
Dunsparce(Diamond pokeradar)
Zigzagoon(Emerald)
Chatot(Diamond)
Currently I'm trying to get a shiny Zorua through the Masuda method (Im at like 150 hatched eggs so far) in my white and in diamond I'm looking for a Phanpy with the pokeradar.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
True dat Latios and thx for the congratz :). I haven't been hunting much lately...
EDIT: You can get your Litwick, Latios. I hope my luck rubs off on you :).

Current Hunts
Cobalion - 964 SR's
Piplup - 5 (I haven't done anything there lol, it takes way too long to just get the starter, even if you save just before the lake).

Years
Long time no see!

I haven't hunted since whenever I last replied. Strangely enough, I lose motivation most after I recieve a shiny. What kind of logic is that? I guess I like the big numbers :D

Anywho, I don't know when I'll be back into hunting. I'm working hard on RNG abuse (sorry) and EV training for a present for one of my friends :)

If I get back into hunting during my summer break (I break up this Friday :D) then I will be certain to regularly post again. Anyway, congrats on any shinies I've happened to miss, and good luck to hunters, new and old!

Years
Congrats on all new shinies yeh yeh. I haven't hunted since my last post either, I've been working a lot and have been replaying the Kingdom Hearts series because Dream Drop Distance comes out at the end of the month! I'm about to start hunting again though, just to try and get one shiny before DDD comes out, because once it's out that's the only thing I'm focusing on for quite some time!

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Hey everyone, I have another shiny to report!

I got to Giratina Saturday night (currently at 960 ish SRs) and have been hunting it obsessively. However, today I felt bad that I've been neglecting Registeel this week so I decided to hunt that as well. 3 or 4 hours later, it shone!

2llghz8.jpg

It has a Careful nature, which is perfect for it and makes up for Modest Regirock, though its IVs are only so-so. I named it Liberty =)

I'll be going to Meteor Falls to level up my team in preparation for Rayquaza and to hunt Bagon. Hopefully I get one and not a Golbat.

Congrats to Ninjagon on your Ho-Oh, and good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Thanks guys, and thanks for the advice, it was good. I can sometimes be impatient so its good to have that virtue driven into my skull. I'm mostly using the lull before and after work to hunt since I don't really do anything else. I hope that shiny Charizard is worth it.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I haven't been explicitly shiny hunting lately, but hopefully I'll end up with a shiny anyways.

*Long, nonsensical rambling only peripherally related to shinies:*

Spoiler:

*end of rambling*

Spoiler:

Congratulations on all those shinies!!

Also, congrats to LDD on 500 posts in the club!! :)

I have decided to take up shiny hunting.

hello i have decided to take up shiny hunting im barely starting today

I'd like to join.

Welcome to the SHC!! May you have the best of luck on all of your hunts!

I used to be in this club ages ago when dinosaurs walked the earth

"lol," welcome back!

Strangely enough, I lose motivation most after I recieve a shiny. What kind of logic is that? I guess I like the big numbers :D

I know exactly how you feel - after I catch a shiny it's like I've accomplished a goal, and I sometimes sit back and get complacent for a while. But the will to hunt always comes back, and the shiny hunter eventually returns to the great passion. :)

Other times, though, it just feeds my drive to hunt even more and I double my efforts based on the inspiration from the new shiny!! :pink_laugh:

Although I was wondering - how exactly does the RNG on FR/LG work? There's no clock you set like in Ruby or Sapphire, and I know it starts once you hit A/Start on Charizard/Venosaur, but I'm not sure as to how it exactly works. Does it repeat frames or if I just constantly press B to skip history then mash A for the encounter will I be good? I don't want to do what some people did in Emerald by constantly trying to get a shiny with no such luck, so yeah...

The clock in FR/LG is better than Emerald's, but it's still not set in real time. It's based upon certain events in-game, like steps taken (?) and last save. The consensus seems to be that it's safe to SR in FR/LG, but you should resave every 25-35 SRs to optimize results.

I hope that shiny Charizard is worth it.

Charizard is quite possibly the coolest-looking shiny ever, up there with Rayquaza and Metagross. Of course it's worth it!!

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Haven't been here in a while. Sort of got burned out on shiny hunting after not encountering anything in Viridian Forest for over 6100 encounters, but I think I'm ready to get back to it. I think I'm going to try and reclaim a bunch of the shinies I used to have, and route 10 in Leafgreen is a good place to start. I could either get my old shiny Voltorb back, or my old shiny spearow. I'd rather do this on FireRed because then I could also have a chance at getting an awesome Shiny Arbok, but I don't have FireRed anymore. Sandshrew would be fine too I guess. Hopefully I will actually come across something this time. : )

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
Hi, I'd like to join! I've always been quite interested in shinies but have only very recently gotten seriously into shiny hunting, and just completed my first major "hunt" the other day - a shiny Growlithe using the Masuda Method, as a gift for my boyfriend's birthday later this month. I was actually quite lucky as I got a shiny after only about 120-150 eggs (didn't keep an exact count, haha)! I definitely intend to keep hunting because I really love shinies, and I've been lurking in this thread on and off for the past week or so I figured I might as well officially join. :)

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Glad to see I'm not the only one who "burned out" I haven't hunted in about a month but I picked back up today. I'm also glad to see this place picking back up I noticed this place was kinda empty.
My Hunts
Ho-oh - 9717 SRs
Gulpin - 645 MMs
Viridian Forest - 520 REs
EDIT:
Xcj8Q.jpg

OH YEAH!!!!! SHINY GULPIN AFTER 465 EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe this I just picked back up hunting today. This is my third target for the yearly quest (The Masuda target)
Not much else to say its pretty self explanatory it has bold nature fyi.
I'm not sure what I want to do for the RE portion of the quest. I am SRing Ho-oh for the legendary part of it.

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Thanks, Ninjagon.

Welcome back, TheShinyEevee and PekoponTAS!

Congrats on the shiny Registeel, rykerr1!

Good luck on Deino, G-Money!

Welcome to the club, Kleinchen!

I haven't hunted for awhile. My computer crashed a week ago, so I've been busy replacing stuff that was lost. Luckily my MM hunts were listed on my iPod, so I was able to type it up on the computer again, but it wasn't up-to-date. I can read my previous updates on here to figure out what the right numbers are.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I was really busy a couple of months back and then when I started hunting again I wasn't quite so enthusiastic due to the Flaaffy incident. But hey, even a few eggs a day add up- Last night my Treecko finally hatched after 1547 eggs!
I do have an idea for my next hunt, but there's still a lot of other stuff I haven't done in that game yet (or if I go with the target I'm thinking of, there's stuff I NEED to do) so I'll be getting some of that out of the way first.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I was really busy a couple of months back and then when I started hunting again I wasn't quite so enthusiastic due to the Flaaffy incident. But hey, even a few eggs a day add up- Last night my Treecko finally hatched after 1547 eggs!
I do have an idea for my next hunt, but there's still a lot of other stuff I haven't done in that game yet (or if I go with the target I'm thinking of, there's stuff I NEED to do) so I'll be getting some of that out of the way first.

1547... wow. I hope my Bulbasaur won't take so long. It's currently at 652 eggs.

Back