• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my first ou team

teh_great_saiyaman_is_now_a_trainer

hero with the best costume!
Years
help i just started trying to play competitively this is my OU team plz help

Aerodactyl@ focus sash
adamant
rock head
252spd/252atk

crunch
earthquake
taunt
stealth rock

Manectric@ choice scarf
mild
lightning rod
252spd/252spatk

flamethrower
hignal beam
hp fighting
thunderolt

Infernape@ expert belt
naive
blaze
252atk/252spd

close combat
flare blitz
thunder punch
grass knot

Dragonite@ life orb
jolly
inner focus
252atk/252spd

dragon dance
fire punch
outrage
earthquake

Yanmega@ lifeorb
modest
speed boost
252spatk/252 spd

shadow ball
bug buzz
air slash
protect

snorlax@ chesto berry
careful
thick fat
120def/220spdef/168hp

curse
body slam
eathquake
rest

thats my team plz help with any comments or any suggestions

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AERODACTYL

Aerodactly needs Jolly ALWAYS. Speed is Aero's greatest asset, not attack. Without Jolly, you won't be able to outrun Azelf, one of the most common leads in the game.

Also, Crunch sucks. Azelf is the only lead weak to Crunch, but it will always survive due to Focus Sash. Use Rock Slide or Stone Edge.

MANECTRIC

Manectric? WTF? Manectric is an inferior version of Jolteon, who is stronger, faster, and has a way better ability.

Jolteon @Life Orb/Choice Specs
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam
-Hidden Power Grass

SNORLAX

Don't use Chesto Berry. It will only work once and after that, you'll be left at a disadvantage because you'll have no item. Leftovers is way better in the long run.

Also don't use Body Slam + Earthquake or else Gengar/Mismagius/Rotom stops you completely. Use Crunch or Fire Punch instead.

Your team has a 3x weakness to Ice. Something like Life Orb Mamoswine will give you huge problems. Get a Steel type in your team to deal with Ice sweepers like Mamoswine and Weavile.

Scizor @Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd

-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit
-U-Turn

Replace Yanmega with this Bug.

Last edited:

teh_great_saiyaman_is_now_a_trainer

hero with the best costume!
Years

AERODACTYL

Aerodactly needs Jolly ALWAYS. Speed is Aero's greatest asset, not attack. Without Jolly, you won't be able to outrun Azelf, one of the most common leads in the game.

Also, Crunch sucks. Azelf is the only lead weak to Crunch, but it will always survive due to Focus Sash. Use Rock Slide or Stone Edge.

MANECTRIC

Manectric? WTF? Manectric is an inferior version of Jolteon, who is stronger, faster, and has a way better ability.

Jolteon @Life Orb/Choice Specs
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam
-Hidden Power Grass

SNORLAX

Don't use Chesto Berry. It will only work once and after that, you'll be left at a disadvantage because you'll have no item. Leftovers is way better in the long run.

Also don't use Body Slam + Earthquake or else Gengar/Mismagius/Rotom stops you completely. Use Crunch or Fire Punch instead.

Your team has a 3x weakness to Ice. Something like Life Orb Mamoswine will give you huge problems. Get a Steel type in your team to deal with Ice sweepers like Mamoswine and Weavile.

Scizor @Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd

-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit
-U-Turn

Replace Yanmega with this Bug.

thanx alot ill get started on that but how do i get scizor to learn bullet punch and superpower or should i use machamp or metagross

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

Bullet Punch is a Heart Scale move. Superpower is a tutor move.

Back