• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Companion of Ash

Favorite Companion

• Misty

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Brock

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Tracey

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • May

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Max

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Iris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cilan

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
Years
Definitely May! what's not awesome about her? her clumsy and cute personality, her pokemons, her hair and clothing, she's the coolest and she's my favorite character in the whole series <3 I got really mad when they replaced her with Dawn.. (I don't like her quiet much..)
Iris is also another favorite girl of mine :3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I like Misty the most, the quirrels that Ash and Misty had were quite funny, and her water pokemons were awesome too :)

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I liked the Tracey dude. Not necessarily because I liked any of the episodes he was in (Not saying I didn't either, in fact I barely remember any of them (just the one with the pink rhyhorn lol)). It's mostly because, the other day I saw a picture of him and it sent me on an awesome nostalgia trip

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
I guess i liked Misty the most, having endearing personality and many quirks which kept character fresh for me, and imo she brought great dynamics and humor to cast. She was feisty, spunky, caring, assertive and full of adventurous spirit often playing role of heroine by saving people lives, helping others about their problems and having great sense of humor.

I also enjoyed in growth through she went as character,starting as short tempered girl exploding over everything trying to cover up her insecurities with temper, with time gradually growing in more mature and confident character over time with various sides of her personality(beside only temper) being explored more still being quirky. Which led to some great character development with Misty gaining sisters respect getting over complex of feeling less worthy, getting over Gyarados fear, growing as water trainer coming in light of more confident and independent person(top 8 in Whirl Cup, winning Seaking championship, Alto mare race etc kinda confirming that she improved) while still having charm,etc.

I know its been long since she left cast, but part of me hopes we will see her again.
She has lot of untapped potential, leaving several things about her story unexplored and untied. Like goal of becoming water pokemon master which was unfinished existing several ways through which this dream could be advanced,potential to learn more about Misty seeing her grow as person,catch new pokemon and so on.
And i miss that unmistakable dynamic she brought to cast, being refreshing to see her interact with new characters and Ash after so long.

Now when i think about it becoming E4 or being taken as some powerful water trainer apprentice(like Lorelei)would be nice material to make story arc out of it and good way to wrap up character being as closest as shes possibly going to get in achievement of her dream. Since E4 are best trainers which use one type in world, and seems like logical step forward from gym position.

Last edited:

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Dawn, hands down. I love her charming, bubbly personality. My second would be Brock, tho.

Jalsy

RESET
Years
I hope this poll to be multiple choice poll..XD
It's either between Brock or Misty since they were the first two companion and they have spent a lot time with Ash.. so Brock for me.. though every of Ash's companions were awesome in their own unique ways to accompany Ash..and I love all of themXD

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

My favourite companion is Brock... yes, it's all those Bouldershipping fics. ;-P

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Definitely Dawn. I loved her, especially compated to Misty and May and Iris who I always found really sooky and just all in all irritating characters. ):

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I had a hard time deciding between Brock and Tracey. Really loved that Tracey was really calm and enthusiastic to get close to the Pokemon and sketch them out, whit out being noticed.

So I was a person in the Pokemon world, I would definately love to become a Pokemon watcher or a Pokemon doctor. Poll my vote went to Tracey Sketchit (I'm really hoping that Tracey will ever make another Anime appearance)

Back