• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the HARDEST gym ever?

Years
Brock in Pokemon Yellow. Quick Attack Pikachu was just not good enough. ;P

Early Mankey fixes Brock into his place. Or early Double Kick on Nidoran.

For me, probably the hardest gym was Elesa in BW. her freaking Emolgas just kept Volt Switching around annoying me and dealing damage, and they were double teaming every other second to make sure I couldn't do anything to them! And then I somehow killed them and Zebstrika came out and... Need I say more?

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Early Mankey fixes Brock into his place. Or early Double Kick on Nidoran.

For me, probably the hardest gym was Elesa in BW. her freaking Emolgas just kept Volt Switching around annoying me and dealing damage, and they were double teaming every other second to make sure I couldn't do anything to them! And then I somehow killed them and Zebstrika came out and... Need I say more?

I feel you man.I caught a roggenrola...Im not really patient when it comes to grinding withought the lucky egg or strong wild pokemon.She still crushed me.

In Black 2,I crushed her with my Sandile.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I don't think Whitney is bad as long as you've got a plan to go about Miltank. I always paralyze it and then Machop it to death.

For hardest I can't pick one in particular but I'd have to say either...
Norman (R/S) - Dual Slaking Destruction
Tate & Liza (E) - I'm terrible at double battles
Claire (HG/SS) - Stupid Kingdra
Elesa (B/W) - Dual Volt Switch Emolgas, very bad things can happen.

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Sabrina's psychic gym because it had portals and was like a maze. Also, Sabrina episodes from anime had an effect like psychological pressure. You remember those episodes? In one episode Pikachu finally were able to hit her Kadabra then it used Recover :0 And there was a part where Ash got trapped in a doll house iirc. That was creepy too.

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 30
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Whitney, Norman, and Clay are real tough trainers, but I am going to have to go with Blue. Good ole Gary Oak who uses all kinds of types. He was the elite four champion shortly, after all.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Until Pokemon Diamond and Pearl came out, the most difficult gym leader for me and like many other people is Whitney; this is because of her Miltank using that dang Ol' rollout. Now for me it is a two way tie between Volkner because I didn't have any Ground type Pokemon and three out of four of my Pokemon were weak against electricity and Elesa because of her Volt switching Pokemon.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Normans SLACKING

Clairs KINGDRA

*SHUDDER*

Whitney's milktank did throw me for a loop a bit my first time playing through normal silver.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
Honestly? This is coming mostly from my nuzlocke runs, but Juan in emerald has always seemed hard to me, as well as Wallace as the champion. Those damn bulky waters and goddamn kingdra is IMPOSSIBLE to get down quickly... or at least, it was for me all three times I've done an emerald run.

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
Honestly? This is coming mostly from my nuzlocke runs, but Juan in emerald has always seemed hard to me, as well as Wallace as the champion. Those damn bulky waters and goddamn kingdra is IMPOSSIBLE to get down quickly... or at least, it was for me all three times I've done an emerald run.

Well, the thread is entitled, "What is the hardest GYM ever?"
Sooo, shouldn't it be a over-all rating for the puzzle, trainers and the leader?
Oh, and sorry for having kinda mean tone.. I don't mean it, promise. :D

Sooo, for me, I think the hardest gym would be.. Hmm.. I dunno, HAHA. I think Mossdeep City Gym? Or, Snowpoint. (Those ice types can sweep your whole team without a fire type, yes, a fire type only, Candice's Frosslass can KO those fighting Poke's.)

But, I haven't tried playing Gen V games yet.. My DS got broken before I had to try. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!! Whyyyyy!?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 25, 2012
It depends like if you have mostly fire type pokemon then water gym leaders would be the hardest to beat like misty or if you have grass type then fire gym leaders BUT WHITNEYS MILKTANK IS SO HARD TO BEAT :t384:

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
If you have a pull like mine in a Nuzlocke, Flannery. That Torkoal'sdefense is WAY too high.

Back