• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
I'm ready to challenge finally so here is my signup form.

Username: Zj314
Partner Pokemon: Venusaur
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Blue, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, White 2, Y

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Man it has been a while since I've worked on my solo challenges. I do have updates on two of them.

Rapidash Solo is at 4 badges now. Liz is now a Rapidash. Actually she evolved after the Erika fight.

Liz the Rapidash
Level 40
Ember
Fire Spin
Body Slam
Stomp

Hitmonchan Solo is at 3 badges at this point.

Dudley the Hitmonchan
Level 29
Ice Punch
Mega Punch
Mach Punch
Fire Punch.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 14, 2017
Username: Xenith
Partner Pokemon: Nymph the Glaceon
Game(s): Platinum (8/8 complete), Soul Silver(0/16 - in progress), Black, X, Alpha Sapphire, eventually Sun

Because the majority of games (read: all) either have Glaceon completely unobtainable in them or have the Icy Rock near the end of the game, my partner will be a Glaceon from the very beginning.

Beginning Platinum:

Nymph the Modest Glaceon Lv. 6 (because I forgot to Pokegen Glaceon in before I fought Barry, woops)

Fake Tears
Tackle
Psychic Hidden Power (because I don't hate myself enough to deal with Tackle for a rock type gym...)

HM Slaves:
Piplup (Surf, Waterfall)
Starly (Fly, Defog)
Bibarel (Rock Smash, Cut, Strength, Rock Climb)

I didn't think to document my progress throughout my gym battles, so the pictures and comments I have is only from the E4 + Champion battles. The gyms were all incredibly easy for the most part and I didn't faint even once on my journey pre-E4 (afterward, not so much). Hope my pain is entertaining, lol :P

Elite 4 + Champion Journey:
Spoiler:

Final Sinnoh thoughts:
Spoiler:

I absolutely loved Platinum, and it is now by far my favorite Pokemon game. Makes me wonder for what reasons in particular people curse gen 4 as the worst Pokemon generation, and DPPt as the worst games, lol. (If anything, that's XY.)

I've never played the gen 5 games before, but I heard they had the best story, so I'm looking forward to that. Before then, though, it's on to Soul Silver. I'll post my pictures from Platinum in one of my later update posts.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username Ahri
Game: X
Pokemon: Sylveon

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
So, a good friend of mine that works at my local Walmart let me buy Sun and Moon today (with permission from his boss, whom is also a good acquaintance), so I have it now instead of having to wait until the 23rd or whatever the EU date was.

I've gotten far enough to get Dewpider in Moon, so I'm going to breed and trade a Dewpider to Sun and do a solo with him.

Username: Volga
Partner Pokemon: Araquanid
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Sun

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Hey everyone, important announcement regarding Pokemon Sun and Moon!

With the release of Pokemon Sun & Moon we now have a new region to solo through, and so, some of the rules of the Solo Challenge will need to be updated. I'll eventually get around to doing an in-depth update in the OP but until then here's a little summary of what's going to change:

- All ultimate solo challenges will be required to contain a game from Generation VII (Sun/Moon) even if the challenge was signed up for before the date stated below. That means that anyone that wants to play an ultimate challenge but is unable to/doesn't want to play through Generation VII must completely their ultimate challenge before than to qualify for the Generation VI Ultimate Champion List.
- Pokemon from Generations I to III, Bulbasaur to Deoxys, are available in all regions and so they are required to play through all regions in order to be eligible for ultimate challenges.
- Pokemon from Generation IV, Turtwig to Arceus, are now usable is six regions meaning they are now required to play through all six of these regions to be considered for ultimate challenges. The six regions (games) these Pokemon will be required to play through are as follows: Generation II (Heart Gold/Soul Silver). Generation III (Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire), Generation IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum), Generation V (Black/White/2), Generation VI (X/Y), and Generation VII (Sun/Moon).
- Pokemon from Generation V, Victini to Genesect, are now eligible for Ultimate Solo Challenges! These Pokemon are now available to be used in four generations as is the minimum requirement for ultimate challenges and hence they are now usable. The four regions (games) these Pokemon will be required to play through are as follows: Generation III (Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire), Generation V (Black/White/2), Generation VI (X/Y), and Generation VII (Sun/Moon).
- Pokemon from Generations VI and VII are ineligible for ultimate challenges but may be used for single challenges.

All these changes will come into full effect as of January 1st, 2017, until then all these rules are optional so long as the challenges are completed before this date. Any challenge completed after this date are required to abide by these rules.

Thanks everyone! Enjoy your challenges, as well as Sun and Moon! :D

Last edited:

SmashMaster24

Eevee Lover and Dark Master
Years
Eevee Ultimate Solo Challenge
Johto Update 2

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Final Team:
Spr_2g_133.png

Evander (Eevee) ♂ Lv. 84 (Pink Bow)
Take Down, Shadow Ball, Iron Tail, Hidden Power (Psychic)

Spoiler:

HM Slaves: Totodile (Surf, Cut), Hoothoot (Fly, Flash), Corsola (Strength, Whirlpool), Poliwhirl (Surf, Strength, Whirlpool, Waterfall)

Final Thoughts: I remember back when I picked up Hidden Power and I thought, "I'll see what type it is and I can reset if it's not good," and then it ended up being PSYCHIC. I was so thrilled. Hidden Power was such a huge help against Fighting-types and even Poison-types throughout the rest of the play through. Evander destroyed Kanto after the Elite 4. Next up I'll be going to Hoenn.

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I've completed this challenge two or-so years ago, am I allowed to submit my entry anyways?

Username: BlazingCobaltX
Partner Pokemon: Pidgey
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Blue

Results

Spr_RB_Red_2.png

Player: Kazuya
Time: 13:21
Badges: 8
Pokédex: 9

Final Team:

016.png

Pussay (Pidgey) Lv. 82
Fly
Sky Attack
Swift
Wing Attack

131.png

Derp (Lapras) Lv. 15 (HM Slave)
Water Gun
Growl
Surf

Past Team Members:

Spoiler:

The Story:

Spoiler:

RedHead!

flying-type enthusiast
Years
I want to try!

Username: RedHead!
Partner: Starly (Will Evolve)
Mode: Ultimate
Games: SoulSilver, OmegaRuby, Platinum, White, and Y

Last edited:

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
So either I forgot to sign up or I said to get rid of this challenge and I actually went back to this one.

Username: ShinyHoundoom
Partner Pokemon: Houndoom
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single for now
Game(s): HeartGold

I'm already 8/16 of the badges. Just got Ho-oh so getting to the E4 is next. Man Clair was a pain.

RedHead!

flying-type enthusiast
Years
First Update!

Spoiler:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Quick little update everyone,

I recently noticed that the website I was originally using for the Pokemon sprites in the OP has gone down which is why none of the images are available. I just started going through and replacing them all, which will take a little while, and once I'm done I'll get around to updating the OP with the new challenges/progress made by you all and adding in Sun & Moon. Fixed Kanto, taking a break then onto Johto.

Last edited:
Years
Did two more a while ago but never got around to posting them D: Here we go:

Red randomizer Gogoat solo - it was really fun solo run, didn't know that Gogoat was that strong!

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

673.gif

Mistletoe|Lvl 71
Tri Attack
Rock Slide
Razor Leaf
Earthquake

I also did Delibird solo on Gold and this one.. This one hated me I swear- It was such a pain to do and it took me a long long time to complete it -Red also hated me apparently because I had to restart over and over until I finally defeated him, especially his monsterous snorlax D: Oh yeah and I also forgot that his movepool is literally garbage >.< I was like: "Oh yeah I can learn Ice punch for Whitney!" nope >_< Whitney was probably the hardest gym leader to beat because of said limited movepool D:

Spoiler:

Final stats:

225.gif

Shady|Male|Lvl 82|@NevermeltIce
Thief
Blizzard
Fly
Headbutt

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Just finished a Doublade solo on Moon. I bred a shiny Honedge on Sun then traded it over, at level 1 of course.

doublade.gif

Level 71 @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Power Trick
- Rock Slide

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
Username: Relica
Partner Pokemon: Blaziken and Charizard
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate): Ultimate (Finishing both Blaziken and Charizard for generation 7 for the ultimate run)
Game(s): Sun and Moon respectively

I've been meaning to finish this as soon as bank came out but I've been busy lately. I'm pretty close to being finish with it, I'm just working on the last bit. I should have my pictures showing the completion of the run fairly soon. Time to snipe this. >:)

Batmans Twin Brother Botmon

I can't add apostrophes to my name ;-;
Years
Username: Batmans Twin Brother, Botmon
Partner: Rattata (I won't be evolving it)
Games: Red, Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, X, Moon

I'll more than likely start with Red, I'll post updates soon

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Flaaffy, I have a question.

What's your policy on situations like Leafeon and Glaceon in B2/W2. The Moss Rock and Ice Rock are only available in post-game in those games, so could I evolve them then trade them in as such at level 1, or would you rather have a minimum level rule, like level 20 or so?

(20-25 seems like a good level if you decide to go for a min level rule).

Last edited:

RedHead!

flying-type enthusiast
Years
Update #3!
I got a couple badges out of the way today

Progress
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.