• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Wright Anything Agency ~ The Ace Attorney Club

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

Wright Anything Agency
PokéCommunity's Ace Attorney Club

3wrULUE.png

Welcome to our cozy little office! If you're looking for other people to talk about the Ace Attorney franchise with, then you've found just the Wright place!

Whether you're a long-time fan or someone who is interested in getting into the series, our agency will gladly take you in!

Life at the Office

Working at our agency is a lot easier than it sounds. All we do is lounge around with our fellow members and chat about Ace Attorney, after all!

If there is anything on your mind (relating to Ace Attorney) that you want to talk about, feel free to bring it up at any time! You can share funny images, videos, or even your favorite songs from the franchise!

From time to time, I may bring up different topics to stimulate discussion, but you are not necessarily required to follow these topics. Anyone is allowed to come up with their own topics, of course!

Remember, all PokéCommunity and Clubhouse rules apply. Enjoy your stay!

8zvMaCR.png

(Also, don't forget to water Charley!)

Becoming a Lawyer

If you would like join our agency, all you need to do is make a post in this thread with the following information.

Username:
Favorite Character:

(Feel free to include anything else you'd like to say about the Ace Attorney franchise!)

Now that you've become a lawyer at our agency, it's time to present you with your very own attorney's badge! Have fun flashing it around!

QFafogZ.png

Let's do this!

Here are some potential topics to start us off! Again, you don't necessarily have to answer any of these questions, but these are just here to give you something to think about.

• Which Ace Attorney games have you played?
  • How did you first get into the franchise?
  • Are you excited for the Trials & Tribulations anime coming this October?

Last edited:
Years
OH BOY AN ACE ATTORNEY CLUB AND I?M THE FIRST TO POST.

I had actually thought about making one, but then I didn?t want to make ~*too many clubs*~.

Username: Peridot
Favorite Character: Dahlia Hawthorne, by far. I love her as a villain and her theme is great, too.

I?ve completed all Ace Attorney games released to date, minus AAI2, DGS1/2, and I never visited PWvsPL. I always meant to finish the latter, but I got busy.

I first got into the franchise just by seeing the first game at GameStop when it was first released on the Nintendo DS. From there, I was hooked. I actually preordered both Justice For All & Trials and Tribulations from PlayAsia and played them before they were released in the US [because they had the English option on the Japanese DS Version]. I even played the fan translation of T&T-1 featuring Dolores!

Bay

Years
Cool, I'll join!

Username: Bay
Favorite Character: Mia Fey

I've played all the main ones (so trilogy, Apollo Justice, DD, and SoJ) and watched/played a tiny bit of Investigations which I need to properly do a playthough someday. I've watched a YouTube playthrough of DGS 1 with translations if that counts.

I started the games pretty late, around Dec 2014 when the trilogy for the 3DS was in the eshop. After that, I skipped Apollo Justice and played DD as I bought both the trilogy and DD at the same time haha. I didn't play Apollo Justice until near end of 2015.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming anime, especially as a few months ago I recently watched a playthrough of TT for nostalgia haha.

Meadow

Years
OH BOY AN ACE ATTORNEY CLUB AND I?M THE FIRST TO POST.

I had actually thought about making one, but then I didn?t want to make ~*too many clubs*~.

Username: Peridot
Favorite Character: Dahlia Hawthorne, by far. I love her as a villain and her theme is great, too.

I?ve completed all Ace Attorney games released to date, minus AAI2, DGS1/2, and I never visited PWvsPL. I always meant to finish the latter, but I got busy.

I first got into the franchise just by seeing the first game at GameStop when it was first released on the Nintendo DS. From there, I was hooked. I actually preordered both Justice For All & Trials and Tribulations from PlayAsia and played them before they were released in the US [because they had the English option on the Japanese DS Version]. I even played the fan translation of T&T-1 featuring Dolores!

Welcome, Peridot! ^^ Looks like you'll be the very first person I get to hand out an attorney's badge to! Here ya go! :D

QFafogZ.png

I'm impressed at your dedication to the series! It's amazing to know you were even around to see that translation patch back then... wow. :O I've got some catching up to do, myself! I finally got my hands on the 3DS titles not too long ago, and I think I'm about halfway finished with Dual Destinies now! Gonna make sure to binge on Spirit of Justice immediately after, as well. =)

(Also, great choice of a favorite character, by the way!)

Cool, I'll join!

Username: Bay
Favorite Character: Mia Fey

I've played all the main ones (so trilogy, Apollo Justice, DD, and SoJ) and watched/played a tiny bit of Investigations which I need to properly do a playthough someday. I've watched a YouTube playthrough of DGS 1 with translations if that counts.

I started the games pretty late, around Dec 2014 when the trilogy for the 3DS was in the eshop. After that, I skipped Apollo Justice and played DD as I bought both the trilogy and DD at the same time haha. I didn't play Apollo Justice until near end of 2015.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming anime, especially as a few months ago I recently watched a playthrough of TT for nostalgia haha.

Oooh! Welcome, Bay! I could've sworn your favorite character was Blackquill, hahaha. But that's okay, because Mia is amazing too! :D Here's your attorney's badge! I know... I'm being gimmicky with this whole badge thing. xD

QFafogZ.png

It's never too late to get into Ace Attorney?in fact, I even started later than you! I'm pretty sure I first started playing in late 2016 or so, haha. The anime is actually what got me hooked into the series. After watching 20 episodes, I decided to binge on the first four games for myself, and I was absolutely thrilled!

How was DGS, in your opinion? It looks so amazing, oh my goodness. I'm still debating whether to watch a subbed playthrough, or to just wait it out for another few years in hopes of a localization. :x

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Username: bobandbill
Favorite Character: Gumshoe

Played all the titles except SoJ (it's on my list!) and the Japanese-only titles. That said, played the fans translation of AAI2, and that is something I recommend if you like the other titles in the series.

What are people's rankings of the games they have played?

Meadow

Years
Username: bobandbill
Favorite Character: Gumshoe

Played all the titles except SoJ (it's on my list!) and the Japanese-only titles. That said, played the fans translation of AAI2, and that is something I recommend if you like the other titles in the series.

Welcome to the agency, bobandbill! Here's a brand new attorney's badge that you can totally show off to Gumshoe! =p

QFafogZ.png

What are people's rankings of the games they have played?

Hmm, that's a good question! At the moment, my ranking would probably look something like this:

T&T > DD = PW > AJ > JFA

However, I'm not completely finished with Dual Destinies, so its placement could possibly shift once I've played through the entire game. I'm also curious to find out where I'd rank Spirit of Justice, but I guess I'll know that in a couple of weeks from now! (Well... if I can play that fast, at least.) xD

Bay

Years
Oooh! Welcome, Bay! I could've sworn your favorite character was Blackquill, hahaha. But that's okay, because Mia is amazing too! :D Here's your attorney's badge! I know... I'm being gimmicky with this whole badge thing. xD

Blackquill is my second favorite! I just find more cool official art of him to use as avatars/Discord icons. = P

How was DGS, in your opinion? It looks so amazing, oh my goodness. I'm still debating whether to watch a subbed playthrough, or to just wait it out for another few years in hopes of a localization. :x

It was very fun! Some of the characters in there are great, and the 5 jury thing was cool too. At this point I would watch a playthrough since the AA series is moving towards the Switch and I don't think the DGS games will be localized anytime soon.

Oh, and for my rankings on the games I played so far:

TT >SoJ>PW>DD>AJ>JFA

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
OOOOOH I LOVE ACE ATTORNEY

Username: L'Belle
Favorite Character: Franziska Von Karma

I have played every single game in the series except DGS1 and 2. However, they are working on a fan translation! I hav also seen the entirity of DGS1 on youtube, so I can rank it as well. I love every game in the series. My ranking would be as follows:

SOJ > AAI2 > TT > DD > JFA > DGS > AAI1 > AJ > PW

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Welcome to the agency, bobandbill! Here's a brand new attorney's badge that you can totally show off to Gumshoe! =p

QFafogZ.png
Pfft, I'll be showing that to everyone.

For myself:
TT ~ AAI2 > PW > AAI1 > DD > JFA > AJ ~ PLvsPW

Been a while since I played the trilogy admittedly, hence my not being sure on the best one personally. Spinoff cross-over with Layton was enjoyable but that ending... urgh, could have been better.

Meadow

Years
It was very fun! Some of the characters in there are great, and the 5 jury thing was cool too. At this point I would watch a playthrough since the AA series is moving towards the Switch and I don't think the DGS games will be localized anytime soon.

Glad to hear it was enjoyable! ^^ I might just watch a playthrough, then. As much as it saddens me to not be able to play it, I surely wouldn't want to miss out on such an interesting story!

OOOOOH I LOVE ACE ATTORNEY

Username: L'Belle
Favorite Character: Franziska Von Karma

I have played every single game in the series except DGS1 and 2. However, they are working on a fan translation! I hav also seen the entirity of DGS1 on youtube, so I can rank it as well. I love every game in the series. My ranking would be as follows:

SOJ > AAI2 > TT > DD > JFA > DGS > AAI1 > AJ > PW

J35sx6s.gif

Why, HELLO there! Welcome to the AGENCY, L'Belle! You know, I RECENTLY met a character with the same name as YOU when I was playing through Dual Destinies!

...Haha, I hope I didn't make you cringe with my impression! xP To make up for it, here's an attorney's badge just for you! =)

QFafogZ.png

Pfft, I'll be showing that to everyone.

Heh, now that's the spirit! You've clearly got the Wright attitude to be a lawyer! ;D

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
J35sx6s.gif

Why, HELLO there! Welcome to the AGENCY, L'Belle! You know, I RECENTLY met a character with the same name as YOU when I was playing through Dual Destinies!

...Haha, I hope I didn't make you cringe with my impression! xP To make up for it, here's an attorney's badge just for you! =)

QFafogZ.png

Haha no worries, I love L'Belle, I find him hilarious so I named myself after him! Thanks for the badge!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Username: Juno
Favourite character: this one's hard, but AAI has made me appreciate Edgeworth lots. He's so straight-laced at first glance but funny even when he doesn't mean to be (which is most of the time). I love Gumshoe as well! Their dynamic is great.

I've been making Disturbed play the series, he's gotten really into it as well! On AAI now, after the main trilogy + AJ. After this one, we'll both be in completely new territory as I've played very little of DD, and nothing beyond that (or AAI2).

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
Haha no worries, I love L'Belle, I find him hilarious so I named myself after him! Thanks for the badge!

You're welcome! :D And heheh, who wouldn't want two cell phones as shoulder pads? ;)

Username: Juno
Favourite character: this one's hard, but AAI has made me appreciate Edgeworth lots. He's so straight-laced at first glance but funny even when he doesn't mean to be (which is most of the time). I love Gumshoe as well! Their dynamic is great.

I've been making Disturbed play the series, he's gotten really into it as well! On AAI now, after the main trilogy + AJ. After this one, we'll both be in completely new territory as I've played very little of DD, and nothing beyond that (or AAI2).

Hi Juno, great to see you here! ^_^ While I haven't gotten around to AAI yet, it looks like we're roughly around the same place in the series! I've only started on DD a little over a week ago, and it definitely feels like brand new territory, that's for sure!

Edgeworth has given us some of the most hilarious moments in the series, like his infamous awkward objection. xD And we can't forget about this little objection, either:

Spoiler:

Oh yeah, and here's an attorney's badge for you! Enjoy your stay! :D

QFafogZ.png

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Oooh, hello everyone!!

Username: Cherrim
Favorite Character: KRISTOPH because i have terrible taste. (other faves: Apollo, Maya, Phoenix, Trucy)

My controversial (?) game rankings:
AJ > SoJ > AA > ToT > PLvsPW > AAI > JFA > DD

I still haven't played AAI2 or DGS even though I own them both. T_T I need to get around to them but there's so much to play and so little time.......

Meadow

Years
Oooh, hello everyone!!

Username: Cherrim
Favorite Character: KRISTOPH because i have terrible taste. (other faves: Apollo, Maya, Phoenix, Trucy)

My controversial (?) game rankings:
AJ > SoJ > AA > ToT > PLvsPW > AAI > JFA > DD

Hiiiii Cherrim, welcome to our agency! :D Kristoph must be disappointed that you're joining the office of his arch rival, hehe. ;)

ljiFE7e.gif

At any rate, here's an attorney's badge for you!

QFafogZ.png

I still haven't played AAI2 or DGS even though I own them both. T_T I need to get around to them but there's so much to play and so little time.......

Whoaaa, you own DGS? I'm so jealous! Do you understand Japanese, by any chance? :o

Since we're on the subject of DGS, has anyone else seen the official 15th anniversary skit where Phoenix meets his ancestor, Ryunosuke? It's very amusing, so I figured I'd link it below for anyone who hasn't seen it yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGQ7OEXG4oM

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Username: ...Ho-Oh!
Favorite Character: Maybe... Maya?

I haven't played too many games and I'm confused and stuck where I'm at (idr where) but it's fun and I enjoy them! C:

Meadow

Years
*gasp* aaaaaaa oh my goodness, I apologize for not posting here in so long! I'm the worst... ;__;
But still, hi again everyone! There's some pretty big news for the AA franchise—we're getting an enhanced port of the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy for the Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC (via Steam)!

Spoiler: Here's the official trailer!

While this wasn't shown in the trailer, it seems like there will be some minor gameplay upgrades to improve the flow of investigations! As you can see at 2:53 in the Tokyo Game Show demo (linked here), the examination cursor now functions in a similar fashion to the one in Dual Destinies. Whenever you point to something that hasn't been examined yet, the magnifying glass glows with a yellow light. Then, after you have finished examining an object, the cursor will display a check mark so you'll know not to click on it again. I'm sure this can save players quite some time from running around in circles while trying to figure out what hasn't been investigated yet!

Oh, right! And apparently, there will also be 10 slots for save data now, haha. Is anyone else planning to get this port? I'd personally love to pick it up for the PC!

Username: ...Ho-Oh!
Favorite Character: Maybe... Maya?

I haven't played too many games and I'm confused and stuck where I'm at (idr where) but it's fun and I enjoy them! C:

Hi there! Welcome to the club, Ho-Oh! :') Maya is definitely a great choice of a favorite character! Considering all of her personal struggles, I find it admirable how she can still be so lively and put on a big smile for everyone around her. Hopefully you'll get a chance to play these games again sometime! The gameplay can certainly be tricky, but the wonderful stories make all the trouble worth it. <3

Here's your attorney's badge! It sure feels great to be handing these out again, hehe.

QFafogZ.png

Heya, Juno! :D Just thought I'd follow up on this since it's been quite some time! ^_^ Have you guys been able to try out DD and SoJ?

Years
I'm...going to pick it up. Even tho I've already purchased the ports on the Wii, 3DS, and iOS.

I'm very disappointed by the lack of news for AA7 tho. :(

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen today
Username: Aldo!
Favourite character: Barok van Zieks

Still playing the trilogy, and the first episode of Trials and Tribulations was just so good ~
I admit I played the series in an unusual order though.

Bay

Years
I don't think I'll buy the ports since I have the 3DS version already, but I'll say it's about time it's in Steam at least haha.

While I'm still here, is anyone else watching the anime's 2nd season? So far the first case seems a bit rushed but overall not bad, looking forward how the anime handles the final part of that case.

Back