• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Games with AutoSave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strout

is a battle mage
Years
Do you think it would be a good idea for the Pokemon games to have AutoSave or QuickSave? Something where the game automatically saves every second so that you could just turn your game off at any time and it would be in the exact same place as soon as you turned it back on?

Do you think this would be a good idea? I think it would because then when I accidentally turn off my game or if the battery dies in the middle of a battle, I won't lose any progress.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Well, maybe. And you've got a good point.
But, it'd be a tad bit on the negative side too. If you don't catch a legendary on the first try, then you won't be able to try again. And there may be several other such situations. So, I don't think AutoSave is a good idea. I'd rather save frequently.

An optional AutoSave Feature isn't too bad of an idea.

Strout

is a battle mage
Years
Well, maybe. And you've got a good point.
But, it'd be a tad bit on the negative side too. If you don't catch a legendary on the first try, then you won't be able to try again. And there may be several other such situations. So, I don't think AutoSave is a good idea. I'd rather save frequently.

An optional AutoSave Feature isn't too bad of an idea.

Ohh, I forgot about legends. Hmm, then make it optional so that you can save when needed.

Years
example why this would be bad:
finally, [insert legendary name]!
now, attack to drop his health to red...CRITICAL HIT!
fainted, you'll never see him again -___-
kinda sucks, doesn't it?

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
Years
No, not autosave, but maybe a little window that pops up (you choose every how many minutes) asking you if you want to save or not.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
Yeah, it should be optional.
This is because we often require to save before battling legendary or some event Pokemon.

Gundisalvus Kuno

Solving Problems Since 1999
Years
That idea seems kind of pointless then if it is optional. I mean, if there is an option to turn it off and on, then you might as well just be pressing the save button instead. The only situation that I could see this working is if you accidentally turn off your game without saving. That can sometimes be a pain.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
After every battle, it would auto save. That would be cool :).

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
I go with just choose whether you want to auto-save or save on your own. At least the option's there. That way, no one can complain because it is up to them in the first place. =D

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
What about if it AutoSaved upon entering and exiting places and being able to save at will like in Fallout 3 and New Vegas?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, have to agree that if games were to have this, it'd have to be optional as making a mistake and having that automatically saved would really suck.

I'd much rather two save files for the one game though, even if such a thing will likely never happen. =(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm against this because if you screw something up in the game, and the game autosaves afterwards, you're screwed.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
Now that I think, it is a bad idea.

If I E.V train and make a mistake, can't go back.

And we can just forget about soft resetting. :(

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Probably a bad idea. Imagine the game auto-saving right after the Champion got a lucky critical with his final Pokemon with 2 HP left and leaving you to go through the entire League once again. D:

It would cause madness, it would.

Gundisalvus Kuno

Solving Problems Since 1999
Years
Yeah, have to agree that if games were to have this, it'd have to be optional as making a mistake and having that automatically saved would really suck.

I'd much rather two save files for the one game though, even if such a thing will likely never happen. =(

If only. I still don't fully understand why they are not implementing the "multisave" feature

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
Years
Autosave... I prefer Optional. Mainly because you won't get screwed when you miscatch Legendary. And it will use a lot of battery to save a game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It'd be fine as long as you can delete back to a certain point, or two save files--or optional as everyone else said :D;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back