• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Hack of the Year] Discussions - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poké - Nyota

//going down//
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
Since I'm new to PC 'haven't had a lot of time to play hacks, but, the leaders...
Honestly, none of the hacks have really caught my eye, but I'm still planning on playing them if just for the sake of having an opinion.

The only one I have played, Flora Sky, I couldn't bring myself to play much of it. I don't know if I was just missing
something or what, but it bored me.
Nice story line, but overall it was nothing too gripping.

--

Unfortunately, it IS looking obvious who will win.

--

@Truality - I lol'd also

Years
Pokemon Flora Sky seems too unfinished to be Hack of the Year as it has unedited texts, and reused characters especially with Frontier Brain Cailtin being Gym Leader and Elite Four Caitlin being Palace Maven and they're the same person. Pokemon Light Platinum has repetitive texts and the Pokemon used by trainers are also repetitive such as the overuse of Purugly.

I think it should be either Pokemon Snakewood or Life of Guardians since their both in better quality. Pokemon Snakewood has zombies, zombiemons, Battlezombies, and the fun Deadly Seven. While RD: LOG has a storyline that allows you to be bad and both are Ruby ROM Hacks, I'm hoping Snakewood wins with its original whimsicallity.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
So disappointed with this years hacks. Literally only two hacks produced this year are good enough for Hack of the Month, let alone Hack of the Year. :/

marcc5m

what
Years
So disappointed with this years hacks. Literally only two hacks produced this year are good enough for Hack of the Month, let alone Hack of the Year. :/

I fully agree with this statement despite not even knowing what hacks it is referring to.
But seriously though the quality this year has been insert-swear-word-here. Quartz all the way!

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Light Platinum to be honest, wasn't that much of an exciting game to me as it was for most people, i think the old light platinum was better, since i don't like this new storyline wesley made.

And like most people said, the hacks this year weren't all that great, but snakewood imo was one of the best hacks story,and gameplay wise.And i think people are turning down snakewood because of it's lack of good maps and graphical appeal, as well as all the bugs it has. people nowadays only focus on playing hacks that are graphically good, and don't care about storyline whatsoever. that's why light platinum is getting majority of the votes, and is most likely to win, with all it's stunning tiles n such.

Last edited:

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
honestly light platinum was a pretty good hack, and flora sky totally got me addicted for a little bit. i don't think the quality of hacks out right now is THAT bad. also manly pink was a fun revamp and i would be in love with ashgrey if it were finished

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
i would choose flora sky to bad blaze black and volt white cant be chosen

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
To all those that believe that none deserve it or whatever - why vote? It is only an award that isn't really too important, as surely the main thing is that the hacks are enjoyable to the player, not the amount of awards and such.

Years
If a hack should win it would be Life of Guardian or Snakewood
both not the best graphics but both got a terrific storyline ,
Snakewood: game with zombies and Pokemon and brain-breaking puzzles
BRILJANT for a first hack!
Ruby Destiny:Life of Guardians:The Final part of the RD series with MANY plot twists
damn what a story line... This gave me a gaming experience like ooh..
The goal of the evil organization was similiar to that of Team Plasma (althrough it was made before the release of black and white). It was just Amazing the Fakemon, all the rivals everything!!

marcc5m

what
Years
Whereas I'm happy for the three hacks that are through--especially Snakewood, I'm rooting for that now--I am honestly disgusted that Lilac got the fewest votes. I mean it's gotten to the point where people take quantity over quality, and think that a hack having edited tiles (even if they look like crap, Flora Sky) makes it superior (one post in particular voting for Flora Sky really annoyed me).
Also, although I said I'm happy for the others, I find it quite annoying that a two time second place hack and a two time third place hack are amongst the top three again. I mean seriously guys, where's the originality? Why can't you all be like Spherical Ice?
Anyway, good luck to Wesley, Jagold and Cutlerine.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
While I do totally agree that this year has been a disappointment in terms of the quality of hacks, only one hack developed this year has caught my attention: Snakewood. It's gameplay is pretty interesting and it gets points for originality. Where as Life of Guardians is defiantly a much more well developed hack when it comes to polish and lack of glitches, Snakewood is more original which makes me think it deserves to win, I get tired of the same old gameplay style and I quite enjoy the humor and insanity of the scripts. I would mention difficulty as well but I think LoG actually makes a good match if not more difficult.

I'll probably focus on making Snakewood win from now on. Even though the critical appeal of things like graphics and polish are probably gonna drag it down, IMO it's the hack deserving to win this year only because I liked the playthrough I did. Which means that LoG and LP would get the same scores if not swapped if Snakewood actually wins...

Also, I find it funny people are arguing over a stupid award, it's an award, no need to trash other people's work because you don't like it. And you guys take it like it's not a popularity contest, which it pretty much is...

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
IMO LoG is the best hack i've played (probably the best hack i've ever played). Snakewood has looked very good so far (i'm not very far in the game yet though)

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2011
I have been playing Pokemon Light Platinum a lot and think it's good, I've played Flora Sky and think it's confusing. I haven't played the other two :(

Years
Personally Light Platinum deserves it, The only flaw with it is no 4th Gen Moves.
Absolutely loved it, it's a nice long hack, sprites are beautiful, the two regions to explore and the World Championships which is a big challenge. Loved playing it the capability of getting all your favourite pokemon is also there and the starters are the original making us all remember the three legends of our generation.
The storyline is also outstanding and has Wesley's own story of Arceus and the creation of Pokemon.

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
Years
Snake wood is kinda like yoru adverage hack but the hacker is kinda of a nebie right? LoG is fantastic Lookign abck at the previous 2 games made by DjG i wouldt be sprosed if it wont First. Light Platinum i [layed and i couoldent stop playign it.

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
Years
Flora Sky is the one im consearned abou for one i reached a certin part where i have to go to some Gold Beach or whaterever and i got lost

I fully agree with this statement despite not even knowing what hacks it is referring to.
But seriously though the quality this year has been insert-swear-word-here. Quartz all the way!

I miss Baro. And I want Marble Darn it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back