• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Hack of the Year] Discussions - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokedude123456

The Manectric Master
Years
not really

The 4 hacks that are fighting for the HotY are Light Platinum, Flora Sky, Life of Guardians, and Snakewood and the competition is tight between those 4 so it's anyone's game... =)

so disappointed wit this years hacks
light platinum was the best i gess
snakewood was OK
life of guardians wasnt as good as i expected
and flora sky sucks and its not even completed

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
Snakewood, was a great hack. I haven't a challenge this good in a while. They throw some tough obstacles at you and that's tough but fun to find out.

marcc5m

what
Years
so disappointed wit this years hacks
light platinum was the best i gess
snakewood was OK
life of guardians wasnt as good as i expected
and flora sky sucks and its not even completed

"Complete" and "good" are two completely different things.
Also @the other guy, I don't know where you got Flora Butter from.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
my vote

just in case I dont make it to the voting... I'm coming out of 99% lurk status here to cast my vote on Snakewood.

Mr Marine

The Legedary Pirate
Years
flora sky imo,Light platinum is phenomenal but the game lacks replay value as you literally have to fight every damn trainer x.x

marcc5m

what
Years
flora sky imo,Light platinum is phenomenal but the game lacks replay value as you literally have to fight every damn trainer x.x

Flora Sky was already eliminated, thankfully. It's between Light Platinum, Life of Guardians and Snakewood.

Mr Marine

The Legedary Pirate
Years
i kinda lost the track well then i will go for life of guardians because of the engaging story line

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Okay, Snakewwod isn't the best when comes to "Graphic Appeal" and its tiles...but didn't care for none of that when what matted most to the Cutlerine was the story. He did a damn fine job telling a story rather than the standard fare in a Pokemon game that so many other hacks try to do. In my opinion, it deserves to be right up there for contention for Hack of the Year with Life of Guardians and Light Platinum.

Light Platinum..well, the first half got me really engaged, but not for its story. After the first half of the game was done...I felt there's nothing else. The story felt so dragged on afterwards, it kept me from finishing it. The 'story' it was trying to tell was so common and not worthwhile to me that it became an afterthought. Plus, there is some straight laziness in the second half of the game, auch as drones of trainers to battle and whatnot... What got me hooked was its graphical presentation - I mean wow that game looked beautiful.

Onto Life of Guardians....my word what a journey it has been. The game's region felt the most' realistic to me in how the creator, to me, used the land, seas and the geograohy to tell the story. Not to mention it gave me characters that I actually liked to engage in...it was beautifully done, and sad to see the story end.

I'm not so morbid about it as others, as I only see three viable contenders for Hack of the Year to be honest. In fact, I'm happy about the top three; I feel that having these three makes it more of a closer choice between hacks that deserve the title than 6 or 7. plus, it makes it tougher for myself to choose from.

Oh and completely seperate from what I posted above, ah Flora Sky....sorry, but something about you just didn't click with me in being fun...

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Not to distance from the topic at hand, but how long it takes to announce the Hack of the Year? If this question is not to be asked or if I have not seen where the the announcement takes place, my apoligies.

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Not to distance from the topic at hand, but how long it takes to announce the Hack of the Year? If this question is not to be asked or if I have not seen where the the announcement takes place, my apoligies.

It takes a little longer than you might think because they have to make the awards for the winners to put in their threads.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I know the awards have to be made, but is there any particular reason HotY is taking so long to announce this year, compared to other years?

Last edited:
Years
Crap, I should totally be posting in this thread keeping you guys updated. Well, the results have been counted, I know who's win-win and hopefully I can get around to posting the results thread later today. (It IS Mother's Day, slack must be cut). Although again, I apologise to all for the massive delay; hopefully you all understand the circumstances (although even with those in mind, it shouldn't have taken this long to post).

So as I said, results shall hopefully be posted later today/tonight. In the meantime, don't ask me who won, or I'll wait til next year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back