• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Region?

What's your favorite region?

• Kanto

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Johto

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Unova

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
What's your favorite region in Pokémon game? Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova? And what's the reason you like the region? You could choose only one region, so take it with consideration! Discuss!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Sinnoh. i never really liked johto for some reason. everytime i play gold/silver/crystal i fell a bit bored compared to when i played diamond/pearl/platinum.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
Kanto for sure! back in the days when you can complete the pokedex without participating in these stupid commercial events! (and also Charizard <3)

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Hoenn of course... Two villian teams Aqua and Magma, Two champions Steven and ex gym leader Wallace. and of course the pokemon Flygon May do I need to say more ?

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
I've decided that I there isn't really such a thing as the best region. Afterall, each one came with a generation and each one has introduced something new to the games: new mechanics, new characters and pokemons, new graphics and music, and obviously a new map with a different terrain and places.
For me, all of them are great.

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
Unova all the way! Mostly because of the Tao Trio, Tepig, Hilda/Rosa... and of course N! But the towns, the story, the Gym leaders, ALL the Pokémon... it's just a really awesome region. :chu:

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Definitely Hoenn for me.I just liked the story more and the region itself is so different from the others.And it is home to some of my favorite pokemon.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
My favourite region is a bit of tie between Kanto and Johto. For the longest time Johto has been my favourite, given that Silver was the individual Pokemon game that I've spent the most time on ever. Lots of my time went into playing that, training my favourites, searching for legendaries (although Hoenn was better in that aspect), and generally just having fun with it. It was also Silver that was the first game of my own, while Blue was shared between my brother and I. But I've definitely had the best memories and experiences in my Silver. Johto also introduced some of my now favourite Pokemon, main one being Lugia, which is my favourite legendary, for various reasons. I just feel like the second generation Pokemon are quite unique, and that was when the Pokemon designs were at its peak. All the ideas may not have been all too creative, but that can be applied to just about every region, but when I look at those, I feel like I'm actually seeing Pokemon, I just feel like that went downhill from the third generation. But yeah, loads of reasons why I'd like Johto the best.

Though Silver may have been the game I've spent the most time on, Kanto is the generation I've spent the most time in. My overall playtime in both Blue and Leaf Green is pretty long, and when you add the time spent in Kanto in the second generation games to it, it's pretty certain. And Kanto was the beginning of my Pokemon journey after all. I may have been a little kid at the time, but it still has an impact on me. It's where most of the nostalgia was whenever I'd left Pokemon for a while, and is usually the generation I'd return to, and even though the games featuring the Kanto region are growing pretty old, I still feel them as new and fresh. They may not have all the new mechanics, wild double battles and all that, but as opposed to a lot of the newer games, I never feel like I'm bored when I play them. And that's a pretty big factor when it comes to deciding these kind of things for me, so also the biggest reason why it lies at the top with Johto. Like with Johto, I also really like the Pokemon from the first generation compared to the newer ones, and you can't really say that they don't feel like actual Pokemon, considering they were the first lol.

But yeah, I don't think I can decide between the two, as they've both meant a lot to me, and I pretty much love them both, but if I really had to choose one, I think I may be leaning a little bit more towards Johto :/

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Kanto, for a really lame and predictable reason. It's not that I have some crazy preference to it because it's the first, I just know exactly where I can get some Nidoran. And so close to home, too.

The others make you work for it or they don't even exist. If I lived in those other areas iRL at my age, I wouldn't even leave the house. Maybe if I was 10-15 or something, cause I gotta be the best or whatever. But now? Poison bunny or bust.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I don't exactly have a favorite, but I can eliminate Kanto and Johto. I really felt that as the games progressed the regions got more creative. But that's just me. Hoenn did have a lot of water, but I liked it nonetheless. Sinnoh I can't remember the look of the region for the life of me right now, but I liked it. And Unova is really cool with all the bridges and stuff.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Hoenn. It's my first region (Ruby then Firered then Emerald xD) It had the Berry System, Time system (Didn't introduce it but it kept it unlike FR/LG), Contests, Diving, fun areas, new pokemon, and so much more! It tends to have introduced alot of stuff, and it's just fun to explore, never gets boring for me :D xD

Years
I'm a die-hard Unova fan, it had everything I wanted in a picturesque region.

The beautiful buildings in Castelia, the beach in Undella, the cute huts in Humilau, the amazing Pokestar Studios in Virbank and the amusement park in Nimbasa.

Also, it broke the trend of regions being based on parts of Japan, which is cool.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I like em all, but I'd have to go with Hoenn. For me it's just the most believable region do to the openness, both of land, and mostly of the aquatic areas. That huge ocean area was very cool to me. In Johto, I always found it funny that the "sea" was a few thousand squares wide and could be crosses in 60 seconds.

Everything else was great about it too though, and the two evil teams added a new demention to it

Years
If we're basing things on just the geography of the region alone, I would say that Sinnoh wins hands down. Unfortunately, I never really liked the games that took place there, so if we're looking at the whole package of a region and its game, I'd pick Unova (circa B2/W2). I think that the seasons really help overall, because it adds that extra bit of realism when you see snow on the ground during Winter in places like Icirrus City.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Hoenn is my favourite region by far.

If I was ranking them it would be:

1. Hoenn
2. Johto
3. Kanto
4. Unova
5. Sinnoh

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Just like Hikari10, Pikapia, and BloodyRoyaltyandNarwhals, EmberFiraga mentioned, Unova

Love the all the diverse areas of the game, the variations of the cities (Nimbasa City, Castelia City, Virbank City, Humilau City), also 75% of my favorite Pokemon are native to Unova, and also the free concert at Virbank City, Roxie's band rocks!!

(I was going to post this yesterday but the website offline message came up - makes me annoyed!)

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I personally are in between Hoenn and Unova, but since currently I'm enjoying the features in Unova (Pokéstar Studios, Join Avenue, and others) I'll vote for Unova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back